Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fermented Tinal posted:

BEAT MY WIFE
FORUM IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2020
I am tax man
410,757,864,530 DEAD GOONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

cum posted:

I am going to assume it’s because it has tons of compromising info that could potentially hurt some posters. Many threads with personal into/doxx stuff have been moved there

its hilarious this site is so loving badly designed that you have to keep a database with personal info and doxx on your users in a hidden subforum instead of just deleting it

i also partially do not believe this

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i recall the best admin in my 14 yrs was andrew garbage day miller

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

someone sell the forum to that one guy so he stops posting about it

Still Dismal posted:

Yeah seriously that’s what I’ll miss the most. Having a reliable place to go for information on almost any topic, from cooking to applying to law school to running is gonna blow if this does cause everything to collapse. It’s gonna suck having to go to a bunch of different forums and poo poo when I want in depth answers now.

Games threads like two weeks after release are basically the one place on the internet I go to decide if something is worth buying and the goon consensus hasn’t been wrong once in terms of whether or not something was worth spending money on, for me at least.

:agreed:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

My Spirit Otter posted:

the word choice has you throwing stones in a glass house, bud

its in so much as is they're won't, or as they say, "Some as old as spring...".

Heartcatch posted:

You know what this means. Star Citizen has possibly outlived SA.

oh hell yeah the funny videogame. now THIS is epic.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Fermented Tinal posted:

BEAT MY WIFE
FORUM IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 2020
I am tax man
410,757,864,530 DEAD GOONS

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

doctorthefonz posted:

don't tell nick

Adam's gonna buy it and shut down ever sub but the coupons one.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

H2Eau posted:

Yes it is

Nobody knows who the gently caress you are why would you be the person to "buy the forums"

Correct. Only people you know have the means to buy the forums.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Best option: Lowtax gets taken to the cleaners in the divorce and his ex-wife gets the forums in the settlement.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
If we're doing the greatest hits, does anyone have saved the post from when the UFC and pro-wrestling forums were merged from the UFC fan goon just utterly making GBS threads on pro-wrestling and the reaction to it? That alwasy cracked me up.

The initial post had the phrase "dumbest, gayest, form of theater" in it and the reaction that always got me up was the all caps I THOUGHT WE WERE TRYING TO GET ALONG reply.

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
i've been busy is this something about doobie dogs house or are we talking about a new thing now?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Blue Raider posted:

goons, be sure to run adblocker while shitposting

unsub from the Gaming Garbage youtube also, I forgot to do that until recently and I haven't seen any reminders like there were to dump the patreon.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Dear Richard, I will buy off you exactly 1 (one) thread from the "Something Awful Forum"

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Best option: Lowtax gets taken to the cleaners in the divorce and his ex-wife gets the forums in the settlement.

no chance, she was an undocumented canadian

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

rip to wayne gretzky and duncan and the funny posters who fell along the way. i will see you all on the other side of the rainbow bridge

the rainbow is made up of all the colors of the hematomas suffered at the hands of an abusive rear end in a top hat

i hope manyak is doing well

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Majorian posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Chris Benoit, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Chris Benoit. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Stalin-Chan posted:

its hilarious this site is so loving badly designed that you have to keep a database with personal info and doxx on your users in a hidden subforum instead of just deleting it

i also partially do not believe this

It's important that the mods and admins doxx us and keep detailed records of it for our safety.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

cum posted:

I am going to assume it’s because it has tons of compromising info that could potentially hurt some posters. Many threads with personal info/doxx stuff have been moved there

No, that gets moved to Test/Moved. There's a bunch of secret forums, like AIDS (Apps in Developmental States) which is a secret forum for the people who make apps for posting.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Bad Titty Puker posted:

perhaps the thread title should be changed from "... Lowtax accused of domestic violence again?..." to "... Lowtax proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have committed domestic violence repeatedly". Y'know, to put to rest any nagging doubts or complaints about a rush to judgment, etc.

along with that wouldn't it make sense to edit the OP to include the evidence that proves, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Lowtax is guilty of the crimes he's accused of. or is that too legalistic?

or, y'know, just crucify him, take away all his money, gently caress him to the ground. it's not as though it will negatively impact his children.

Lowtax has not been charged, indicted, or tried for any crimes. He hasn't even been arrested. Until he's sitting in front of a jury, 'beyond a reasonable doubt' doesn't really come into play. Hell, the state obviously has enough probable cause to jail and charge him, and that's enough to compromise more of his freedoms than goons cutting off the dole.

Lowtax has constitutional rights as a criminal defendant. That's what you are referring to, even though they haven't come into play yet. And lowtax has the right to defend himself or burn his website to the ground.

The people who post here and pay for his drat divorces and cars and loving fancy little treats have rights too. They can say lowtax is a scum bag and go to another website because they have freedom of speech and association. Lowtax was lucky in the first place that he had a bunch of well paid nerds to keep his welfare checks coming. He acted like a poo poo head and the gravy train ran out. Stop bitching

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Good thing I didn’t want to do it all by myself, and I wasn’t the one who said, “I’ll buy the forums.“ So, no. It isn’t. Contracts and paperwork exist. You don’t have to know who I am to ask for more information, or express interest.

You might be right, but I am willing to explore the options before I give up. If it’s over, it’s over. We’ll all move on. However, I really can’t think of another equally inclusive, interesting, and useful online place as this one. With warts and all, it’s among the best the Internet has to offer.

I'll miss this place, I really will. But it's no different to missing an old beloved dog. This forum is populated by people who need to let go and move on, including myself. Otherwise, it's just people fighting over how to beautify a corpse.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

i recall the best admin in my 14 yrs was andrew garbage day miller

100% and its not even close

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I'm genuinely interested.

As much as I would hate to give money to someone who may not deserve it, I would hate to see this place really be a dead forum. I'm not briming cash but I could come up with a good sum, which if there were others willing to do the same, maybe. I'm watching intently to see how this plays out.

I love you goons.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
That was prob a troll my bad lol

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

human garbage bag posted:

very successful viral ad campaign for goldbelly imo.

Which cookies was it, do you think?

edit: also, post the cookies you would buy if you had a gift certificate to goldbelly.com

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I hate yankees posted:

You morons would have known about this poo poo last year if you paid any attention to fyad because they were openly mocking lowtax for being abusive as well as using sloane as leverage to trap ashli from leaving him since he refused to get ashli’s immigration paper work sorted out

But you stupid fucks lack the ability to differentiate between a sex pest and an actual trans person, so when fyad called out a literal sexual fetishist / jonathan yaniv impersonator who got an erection in a woman’s bathroom you fell for the communist propaganda from cspam that fyad were “nazis” and “white supremacists” and banned fyad for being “problematic”

This allowed mods like Burt sexual to then continuously sweep the truth under the rug because it came from the “nazi” website kf while the rest of you clapped your hands like good seals and chanted, “we’re good allies!”

All of you get what you loving deserve and I hope this site is never whole again because it’s just as degenerate as resetera

Counterpoint: fyad loving sucks and if it wasn't a quarantine zone for brain damaged goons aspiring to be the next dril maybe people would've paid attention to what was going on in there, mod interference notwithstanding.

Anyway.

Maksimus54 posted:

Lowtax suck my dick and choke on it! I yield my time. gently caress you!

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
i think arfjason recounted once about how wayne gretzky quit modding because the other mods and admins swept a sexual assault under the rug iirc

wayne gretzky owns

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

doctorthefonz posted:

stavros plz buy & salvage the forums tia

Nick's the one that's dumb as hell with money
convince him

ChristmasBaloogan
Dec 24, 2018
lowtax more like smallpox amirite

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mordja posted:

Coupons and Deals is the best and most powerful sub.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why do people always post this pic of a bull with poo poo on it's own balls instead of saying bullshit I never get it

thats a pig, noob. its pigballs.jpg its loving internet famous how do you not know this

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ArfJason posted:

100% and its not even close

he was just like a guy. why are they all insane?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Mordja posted:

lol

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's important that the mods and admins doxx us and keep detailed records of it for our safety.

i feel very safe knowing that my personal info is being carefully guarded by the forum mod team and serial abuser rich kyanka

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

what the gently caress? what is lowtax doing to her?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

angerbeet posted:

No, that gets moved to Test/Moved. There's a bunch of secret forums, like AIDS (Apps in Developmental States) which is a secret forum for the people who make apps for posting.

Oh okay

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

cock hero flux posted:

you fucks spamming links to your godawful discords so that you can start your own petty internet kingdoms in the ashes of the old are all the absolute definition of pathetic

Whaddiya mean start?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Dogmeat posted:

unsub from the Gaming Garbage youtube also, I forgot to do that until recently and I haven't seen any reminders like there were to dump the patreon.

Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot that I had sub'd him. This is all horrible, I hope she gets the justice she deserves, cause gently caress this trash man.

Man, these forums were my only social outlet for a long time, and to be quite frank I don't know where I'll go if it's gone. But ultimately if we can't salvage the forums then it's for the best, better that then this getting swept under the rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TwoStepBoog posted:

Nick's the one that's dumb as hell with money
convince him

PHIZ's time to shine