Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

im burt sexual and im gonna hide and hope this blows over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

It means permaban incoming

glad his priorities are in order

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Doctor Butts posted:

Ironic racism is still racism. Someone find that Da Share Zone tweet for me plz, I couldn't find it on my own.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
off topic but dril is also a bad person, who has an account on these forums. He's racist
ok bye
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3054777&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post355004021
https://twitter.com/NickArcadeX/status/1275949410418151424

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

interesting probation reasoning here Burt

ppl should be banned for calls to violence because it could lead to the police showing up on lowtax’s doors and sa having to shut dow- oh gently caress

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Flavius Aetass posted:

It means permaban incoming

it means burt is a loving coward and a piece of poo poo and should rot in hell just like the taxman

Lowtax Delenda Est

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlesThunder posted:

i am just trying to make sense of this. she recanted. weirdly. but the accusing post was also very strange. I didn't know both of his ex wives also accused him of this poo poo. the recant could easily be lowtax saying "something awful is how we maintain our lifestyle and you're loving it all up because I lost my temper one time, now go on there and apologize or you will be left with nothing"

Muscle Wizard posted:

lowtax we all know none of this recanting siht would be happening if your meal ticket wasnt threatened by this. you'd probably be posting here yet again to vilify the people you abuse.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Songbearer posted:

I've used these forums a long time and I haven't seen Lowtax actually do anything other than whine and complain whenever he made a post I don't really understand how he managed to get a cult of personality thing going at all when pretty much anyone else posting here is funnier and more creative
someone had a decent explanation upthread that makes sense to me. there was a pretty strong sentiment that Lowtax = Something Awful, so even when he wasn't really posting or engaging with SA at all, he was still a sort of figurehead and in some cases people conflated their appreciation for SA with appreciation for Lowtax

I don't know if I ever even saw him post outside of announcements and stuff :geno:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

LastGoodBoy posted:

I regrettably paid for part of that spine and I want it back.

ship me a bit of the dust, in a jar

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CharlesThunder posted:

i am just trying to make sense of this. she recanted. weirdly. but the accusing post was also very strange. I didn't know both of his ex wives also accused him of this poo poo. the recant could easily be lowtax saying "something awful is how we maintain our lifestyle and you're loving it all up because I lost my temper one time, now go on there and apologize or you will be left with nothing"

That doesn't stick out as extremely hosed up to you on its own?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

CharlesThunder posted:

the recant could easily be lowtax saying "something awful is how we maintain our lifestyle and you're loving it all up because I lost my temper one time, now go on there and apologize or you will be left with nothing"

It's this. She kept apologizing for destroying SA.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Elysiume posted:

imagine asking to unleash the horror of the SA codebase on an unsuspecting public. has 2020 not been bad enough?

It would probably be more sensible to convert the database to work with a newer version of the software, then rewrite all of the special functions from scratch. I’m sure there are a number of us here who are capable of it. Some poo poo would get hosed up, but the end product would probably be a lot more functional.

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

> that you will not be given access to

el. oh. loving. el.

edit: 1/31/20

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Songbearer posted:

I've used these forums a long time and I haven't seen Lowtax actually do anything other than whine and complain whenever he made a post I don't really understand how he managed to get a cult of personality thing going at all when pretty much anyone else posting here is funnier and more creative

positive association of him with sa really and that's it. he's always been a thin skinned lil petty tyrant but its not like hes been posting up a storm the past couple years.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

QUEER FRASIER posted:

this cannot be posted enough. Lowtax’s plausible deniability at this point is zero

Yes, after today this is clearly true. My point about the mods and admins is just that when they acted before, they didn’t know about all the stuff we learned today. Reene’s post explaining him or herself actually made sense to me. Before all the police reports and texts and poo poo were discovered, it was reasonable for the mods and admins to worry that stuff like the gofundme stuff was, as Lowtax said, part of an attempt to get an edge in a custody battle, or maybe just an attempt by KF or someone to stir poo poo. Because that kind of thing happens all the time. Maybe they should have taken it more seriously, but gently caress maybe we all should have.

But now we have proof that three different women have made very similar allegations about Lowtax, and the mods and admins appear to me to be doing the right thing by threatening to quit unless Lowtax goes. And I’m skeptical of the motives of the posters who want to use this crisis to replace admins and mods they’ve been clear for months or years that they don’t like.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

you are stupid

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes, after today this is clearly true. My point about the mods and admins is just that when they acted before, they didn’t know about all the stuff we learned today. Reene’s post explaining him or herself actually made sense to me. Before all the police reports and texts and poo poo were discovered, it was reasonable for the mods and admins to worry that stuff like the gofundme stuff was, as Lowtax said, part of an attempt to get an edge in a custody battle. Because that kind of thing happens all the time. Maybe they should have taken it more seriously, but gently caress maybe we all should have.

But now we have proof that three different women have made very similar allegations about Lowtax, and the mods and admins appear to me to be doing the right thing by threatening to quit unless Lowtax goes. And I’m skeptical of the motives of the posters who want to use this crisis to replace admins and mods they’ve been clear for months or years that they don’t like.

You're an idiot and so are the mods.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Valleyant posted:

im burt sexual and im gonna hide and hope this blows over

I’ve never even had any interaction with Burt besides obviously reading the rampant reports that he spite-probes people and is generally lovely but jesus what a pathetic siege mentality to adopt. it’s called taking responsibility, Burt. It’s something we teach children.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not, I got it for another SA scam, ZDR's donation drive

oh poo poo lame, i thought it was an IK thing.

i just like metroid.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Doctor Butts posted:

Will someone in the future tell me how many days there are in a week, I need to make sure my lifting schedule is correct.

lol

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Amethyst posted:

you are stupid

My IQ is 69

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Meridian posted:

That doesn't stick out as extremely hosed up to you on its own?

it absolutely strikes me as extremely hosed up!

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
well this is hosed up. Any chance an admin can help me go out in a blaze of glory and change my red text to something incredibly offensive?

I've been on this forum since 2000, so to see this happen is just..... really loving sad. It feels like the end of an era but I hope it survives. There is too much good poo poo here.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ogmius815 posted:

And I’m skeptical of the motives of the posters who want to use this crisis to replace admins and mods they’ve been clear for months or years that they don’t like.
yeah this is definitely just a coup, down with uhhh some mods I guess, who cares about domestic violence

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Does anyone else actually have control of the forums or is it just him?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Muscle Wizard posted:

positive association of him with sa really and that's it. he's always been a thin skinned lil petty tyrant but its not like hes been posting up a storm the past couple years.

Thin skinned petty tyrants moderate pretty well until they have an interest in the dispute.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

The Troll 2 rifftrax is like the worst one.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cancel Burt!!!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I wasn't excusing anything just trying to discuss the recant

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Genuinely surprised this thread (and myself) is still here 12+ hours after first seeing it. Also,

Obeah posted:

Certain pieces of information related to the issue became bannable to even post about, such as the picture of a text exchange between Lowtax and his daughter.

:dogbutton:

Again, gently caress Lowtax and believe all women.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Jailbrekr posted:

well this is hosed up. Any chance an admin can help me go out in a blaze of glory and change my red text to something incredibly offensive?

I dunno it seems pretty apt for what's happening

EMCF
Feb 21, 2007
I have only a general idea what is going on here, but Lowtax has been cool for a long time.

The girl retracted her accusation and apparently takes bipolar medication, if she thinks she has been abused, she can go to the police.

Stop trying to crash his patreon or whatever, people can stop donating if they have issues with his conduct.

I know one thing is true in the year 2020: goons will never fail to take any opportunity to whiteknight a random girl on the internet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes, after today this is clearly true. My point about the mods and admins is just that when they acted before, they didn’t know about all the stuff we learned today. Reene’s post explaining him or herself actually made sense to me. Before all the police reports and texts and poo poo were discovered, it was reasonable for the mods and admins to worry that stuff like the gofundme stuff was, as Lowtax said, part of an attempt to get an edge in a custody battle, or maybe just an attempt by KF or someone to stir poo poo. Because that kind of thing happens all the time. Maybe they should have taken it more seriously, but gently caress maybe we all should have.

The mods, I dunno, could have read through what was being probated and the one abuse survivor mod could have been like "hmm, you know, maybe it's a bad loving look to ban someone because they think it's lovely that someone is going to a battered women's shelter over this"

And Burt ain't loving said poo poo.

Rhetoric-o-Tron
Jan 5, 2009

by Pragmatica

Ogmius815 posted:

they didn’t know about all the stuff we learned today

Motherfucker has been grooming women for two decades and you don't think anyone noticed?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
This is obviously a pre-election psyop to destroy one of the few bastions of left-wing thought on the Internet

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
They should remove Burt Sexual buttons imo

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

EMCF posted:

I have only a general idea what is going on here, but Lowtax has been cool for a long time.

The girl retracted her accusation and apparently takes bipolar medication, if she thinks she has been abused, she can go to the police.

Stop trying to crash his patreon or whatever, people can stop donating if they have issues with his conduct.

I know one thing is true in the year 2020: goons will never fail to take any opportunity to whiteknight a random girl on the internet.

shut da gently caress up!!! bitch!!!!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

EMCF posted:

cool post

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

John_A_Tallon posted:

There are mechanisms for redress. They involve leaving, or if you are feeling spicy, spamming the forum into a unusable state.

I'm honestly just waiting for a couple of game threads to decide where they're moving to and then I'm outta here.

I mean I know someone could ddos it or whatever, what I meant is "change the admin passwords" isn't really feasible and probably just opens up whoever does it to legal action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

EMCF posted:

loving dumbass