Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I have a doctorate and I'm hammered at 1pm what the gently caress else do you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Telsa Cola posted:

If everybody knew this and this was 100% verified than why did the mods just ban them? You don't think thats odd at all?

nobody gets to be a sex pest but the mods

Red Stripe
Oct 2, 2003

Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Back when all of Tax's medical stuff was first popping off and he seemed to be in need I donated a bunch to the forums and subbed to one of the higher patreon tiers, which I guess now, looking back on it, that was probably a bad call. Ah well, what can you do?

Give the forums to the people, you coward.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Augus posted:

does whether or not his banning was a kneejerk reaction have any relevancy to the discussion regarding him sending people dick pics

Yes. Because it tells me that modswould rather keep sex pests around rather than people recruiting for offsites.

Thats pretty problematic.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Renwick Customer posted:

interviewer: you've written here that you're a writer?

lowtax: haha yeah you could say that. you can check out the website I own, you've probably heard of it? Something Awful dot com?

interviewer: yes we have looked at it extensively. hence why we are asking the question

lol

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Crown me you loving pedos

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

chamois posted:

imagine being a guy on the diy forum or something that just goes there to post a picture of his deck every once in a while, and then one day the site goes away and you're like "hey what gives" and then you start finding stories about the cabal of pedophiles, rapists, and serial abusers that have used the site as a hunting ground for its entire lifespan, all while you were just posting your deck and complimenting other people's decks

lol

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

harry bigballs jr. posted:

you guys are so gullible. this is just another one of lowtaxes classic jokes. get a grip. you could tell from that video that the "girl" wasnt even like beat up or have any blacked eyes or anything. im calling bullshit.

blow it out you're rear end

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

cum posted:

nobody gets to be a sex pest but the mods

you either die a sexual predator or live long enough to see yourself become a moderator

harry bigballs jr.
Jun 25, 2020

by Reene

punishedkissinger posted:

you gave a serial abuser money to make this post

a serial KILLER* :eng101:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Let's start a counterforum called G&R and have Axl Rose as our webmaster.

Why not? It's not like having someone emotionally unstable with a history of spousal abuse who hasn't produced anything of value for decades has harmed us before.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

chamois posted:

imagine being a guy on the diy forum or something that just goes there to post a picture of his deck every once in a while, and then one day the site goes away and you're like "hey what gives" and then you start finding stories about the cabal of pedophiles, rapists, and serial abusers that have used the site as a hunting ground for its entire lifespan, all while you were just posting your deck and complimenting other people's decks

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Renwick Customer posted:

interviewer: you've written here that you're a writer?

lowtax: haha yeah you could say that. you can check out the website I own, you've probably heard of it? Something Awful dot com?

interviewer: yes we have looked at it extensively. hence why we are asking the question

yowza

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Son of Man posted:

I have a doctorate and I'm hammered at 1pm what the gently caress else do you want

Your loving review?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Son of Man posted:

Crown me you loving pedos

no

edit: v how is this any different from any other time poo poo got stirred up and ban hammers came down in an effort to mantain D E C O R U M

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It really sucks seeing a bunch of accusations of other people fly around along with super shady bans and none of it is explained or backed up well by admins when so much poo poo is going down. They don't seem to be acknowledging the obvious appearance of shady motivations for their actions, which itself makes them look even more crooked, or just very stupid.

And like, when all this poo poo with Lowtax is being sorted out, throwing up a big smoke cloud of vague accusations regarding other people's behavior seems particularly hosed up.

The admins are being seriously accused of having enabled or covered up violent abuse for years, and their immediate response seems to be to throw up their hands and say "heyyy yeah it's complicated I dunno, but those other guys at that other forum? well uhhhh they're pretty bad too ya know" which to me reads basically like continuing to obscure the current situation, which is what was so hosed up to begin with

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
"make sure you update your emails so we can tell you where we go"

if it's not jumpin' off a loving cliff who cares

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

so what happened to the mods banning people for supporting lotax's accusers last time

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

i want to run an offsite :)

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Telsa Cola posted:

If everybody knew this and this was 100% verified than why did the mods just ban them? You don't think thats odd at all?

oh my god shut the gently caress up already. youre defending someone who is fortunately too inept to be a sexual predator but theyre still trying.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Son of Man posted:

can you look at this rash for me

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
talking about decks i keep thinking about skateboards so anyway here is my new deck, it's 7.75" and im still waiting on the wheels and bearings to come in the mail

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

so are we going to post some decks or what

harry bigballs jr.
Jun 25, 2020

by Reene
lowtax just registered an account at scarboil.com and started making posts under the name "redacted" lol

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure I'm the only goon to have been an SA mod on four (4) separate occasions so I am clearly the most qualified to get this nonsense under control

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants
turning a big dial taht says "cookies" on it and constantly looking back at the forums for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

How do people even follow this thread. Every time I check there are literally 200+ new posts. How do I extract updates from this

What updates?

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Kazy posted:

so what happened to the mods banning people for supporting lotax's accusers last time

Oh, those guys? They're going to be running the next incarnation of Something Awful.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Disco Pope posted:

Why not? It's not like having someone emotionally unstable with a history or spousal abuse who hasn't produced anything of value for decades has harmed us before.

And heavily leaning on the one talented person in your group to make up for your lack of talent.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

sockpuppetclock posted:

Let's all return to the primordial soup

I'll see you all at http://www.zombo.com/

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i dunno even the DIY thread had that weirdo who cut through the support beams in his bathroom to install his insane bathtub surrounded by gravel that was definitely going to collapse through the floor to woo chicks

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

harry bigballs jr. posted:

lowtax just registered an account at scarboil.com and started making posts under the name "redacted" lol

drat tahts funny

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

James Woods is a chud so you must be a chud

Yeah I'm guessing it's the username. it's especially funny if you check my post history.

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Muscle Wizard posted:

oh my god shut the gently caress up already. youre defending someone who is fortunately too inept to be a sexual predator but theyre still trying.

Whoa there buddy. Practice makes perfect.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah but wheres the PROOF dude??? why wouldnt the mods (who are perfect rational and moral actors) ban this person before now???? its all a plan to destroy a lovely cspam offsite

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Post post post post post

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gnossiennes posted:

ah, the mask comes off

???

did he send people dick pics or not? i don't care if he was banned for a dumb reason non-related to dick pics if he was also sending people dick pics

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fug my Azz lowtax. My pooper, all stunk up with caked up dookie it looks like that mud on hot summer that dried and is in thick brittle layers that crack apart and it's all over my azz, and you can fug it. Sug it. I'm tooting out rat a tat farts going plop pladda pop and you're sniffing them up big huffing breaths my little rabbit turd farts around my shart kaked karkhole.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Kazy posted:

they're still around and in fact one of them is trying to set herself up as the messiah who will lead us all to the promised land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Kazy posted:

1 of them resigned 2 of them are still actively modding and banning people. some of the bans may be justified, unfortunately, that will never be clear since the people doing it are forever tainted by covering for a serial abuser.