Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

Universally beloved means never won poo poo. Be hated because you win. Don't be Barry Sanders or Joe Thomas

I don't think anyone in their right mind would hate Barry Sanders even if he won 15 Lombardis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

I don't think anyone in their right mind would hate Barry Sanders even if he won 15 Lombardis

Change the situation a little bit and he'd be sure hated by at least a chunk of fans. He's cute and cuddly because he's wearing that Lions blue. Let's say it's '97, he forces his way out of Detroit quietly, he ends up on the 49ers, and rides Steve Young to a Superbowl over the Broncos. They have a rematch in the Superbowl the next year and he makes some innocuous comment about loving to play the game before the superbowl that the Denver media explodes as a rip on Terrell Davis's migraines. Barry runs all over the Broncos sad D again sending Elway into retirement as a quintuple loser, and Barry Sanders is mega-hitler in Denver now.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Mystic Stylez posted:

I would because then he wouldn't be Barry Sanders, he would be the new Tom Brady.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Barry runs all over the Broncos sad D again sending Elway into retirement as a quintuple loser, and Barry Sanders is mega-hitler in Denver now.

My god I didn't think someone could come up with a scenario that would make me love Barry more than I already do.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

My god I didn't think someone could come up with a scenario that would make me love Barry more than I already do.

I was going to write him going to the Vikings in '98 and turning Randall Cunningham into John Elway, but that just made me sad.

But hey, you want evil? TD retires due to Migraines early and the Broncos trade for Barry, boom done.

Now Barry Sanders is the guy who made Elway into Elway.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 7, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Speak for yourself gently caress that guy GOMS

Gomsies, gently caress the Angels

Alaois posted:

nobody hates those guys because they're really good at being offensive linemen, they hate them because they're horrible shithead people

Is there a reason to hate Webb that I missed? Don't get me wrong he's a loving terrible lineman too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

D-LINK posted:

1 player : 25% of the cap

He's not 25% of the cap or even 20% of the cap. Through 2024 he's not larger than 17.6% of the cap and that drops down. His contract is extremely cap friendly outside of 2027 really.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

Gomsies, gently caress the Angels

Is there a reason to hate Webb that I missed? Don't get me wrong he's a loving terrible lineman too

Then he still does not fit what I said at all

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Chiefs are smart

Jerry Jones is not smart

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My cousin keeps yelling "Jerry would make up the difference with endorsement deals he'd score for Dak! Jerry always takes care of his favorites!" while advocating Dak take 30mil.

Why yes he's a trumpstan moron how'd you know?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kyle Turley

Richie Incognito

J'Marcus Webb

What did J'Marcus Webb do?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
AFAIK Webb just really sucks

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

If I knew I could get away with pushing Crosby down a staircase I would be super tempted.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

If I knew I could get away with pushing Crosby down a staircase I would be super tempted.

Unless he thought he could draw a penalty you'd have no chance at accomplishing this.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Unless he thought he could draw a penalty you'd have no chance at accomplishing this.

I roll my eyes when people gush about the right way to play/ unwritten rules of baseball but feel deeply in my bones that there's nothing lower in the world than a hockey player who likes to start poo poo but not finish it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Universally loved should imply that division opponents (can) still hate the player.

Hence, gently caress Mike Trout. But also lol that the best player in baseball can't be capitalized on to the point that all he does is talk about the weather on his twitter feed, and we get stories about how his wife wishes he'd stop sending her links about bomb cyclones.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Universally loved should imply that division opponents (can) still hate the player.

Hence, gently caress Mike Trout. But also lol that the best player in baseball can't be capitalized on to the point that all he does is talk about the weather on his twitter feed, and we get stories about how his wife wishes he'd stop sending her links about bomb cyclones.

This loving rules

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

If my spouse kept sending me links to bomb cyclones I'd be annoyed because lady I can only be turned on by you for so much of the day.

That said get hosed forever Trout

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

I roll my eyes when people gush about the right way to play/ unwritten rules of baseball but feel deeply in my bones that there's nothing lower in the world than a hockey player who likes to start poo poo but not finish it.

Yeah the guy with 3 cups, 2 gold medals, 2 Hart trophies, 2 Art Ross trophies, 3x Ted Lindsay award, 2x Rocket Rishard trophy and 2x Conn Smythe trophy is definitely not a finisher, says the I'm Glad the Bengals Lost Guy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

D-LINK posted:

Yeah the guy with 3 cups, 2 gold medals, 2 Hart trophies, 2 Art Ross trophies, 3x Ted Lindsay award, 2x Rocket Rishard trophy and 2x Conn Smythe trophy is definitely not a finisher, says the I'm Glad the Bengals Lost Guy

none of those are awards for winning fights

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

hifi posted:

none of those are awards for winning fights

That depends on what you think the fight is

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mike Trout is good, but until he wins literally one playoff game I’m not saying he’s the greatest player of the past decade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Edward Mass posted:

Mike Trout is good, but until he wins literally one playoff game I’m not saying he’s the greatest player of the past decade.

He is easily the best player of the last decade and could possibly be the greatest player of all-time. One non-pitcher doesn't have that much ability to impose his will on the team results in baseball.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So DJax literally quoted Hitler on his snapchat

https://i.imgur.com/vGk4hy6.jpg

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I just realized I haven’t missed baseball at all

Probably because of everything going on but also because my team has loving sucked for about 20 years now

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Edward Mass posted:

As someone who hates the Angels whose favorite team is also basically a machine designed to force great players to labor in obscurity outside the playoffs:

Reconsider this take

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Edward Mass posted:

lol this is the dumbest thing

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I wish Lions management didn't hate Matthew Stafford, the greatest QB in team history, so much.

It'd be nice if he had a winning team around him one of these days in Detroit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hi TFF its been a while, I miss you wankers. Just swinging by to say lol Chiefs lol Mahomes, get paid motherfucker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If I were Mike Trout and wanted to win World Series I would have simply been a pitcher

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Edward Mass posted:

what is a team sport

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Alaois posted:

If I were Mike Trout and wanted to win World Series I would have simply been a pitcher

Felix Hernandez cries at another 2-1 loss

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Rinaldo posted:

Felix Hernandez cries at another 2-1 loss

Felix pitches a perfect game, wins 1-0

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

loving Hell Djax.

Turns out all the other injuries he had were distracting us form his broke brain.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Felix pitches a perfect game, wins 1-0

That's literally what happened lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_Hern%C3%A1ndez%27s_perfect_game

I always feared him losing a no hitter because the offense didn't score. Never happened that way thankfully.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Alaois posted:

I don't think anyone would hate an offensive lineman even if he won every super bowl ever

Just came by to say gently caress Flozell Adams

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I thought from your post he said or wrote a quote attributed to Hitler and went “hmmm that’s problematic”. But no. It’s actually a page from a book that actually begins with “Hitler said” and then he highlighted the quote :lol:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yikes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought from your post he said or wrote a quote attributed to Hitler and went “hmmm that’s problematic”. But no. It’s actually a page from a book that actually begins with “Hitler said” and then he highlighted the quote :lol:

DJax gang ties... were to the Aryan Nation? 2020 continues to surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm pretty sure he's quoting that to show how analogous it is to the current situation.

Like, didn't Trump literally blame Jews not that long ago?