Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I’m pretty sure if six people stand in a circle, point guns at each other, and pull their triggers, the guy who happened to get the gun that was loaded is still going to be charged, even if everyone agreed to play.

like I said, uphill climb but not impossible in an unbiased and just judicial setting

Have you ever BEEN to Texas, though? interacted with the courts at all?

e for shameful snipe: even if there wasn’t a political motive to downplay COVID, I would expect a lot of passive resistance from the mechanisms of the courts to an attempt at this kind of case

LonsomeSon has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Jul 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Griefor posted:

2 days later

Claims to be pro life, dies anyway

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

miniscule12 posted:

End of July is going to be huge spike of death.

I would like to see a cabinet member get it at least.

an NC state senator came down with it after being at a vote the day before, so it’s climbing up the chain (little by little).

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article244142487.html

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Slamhound posted:

What is it with this slob for some reason eliciting sympathy from the left?

As more chuds die of their own stupidity, libs feel a mighty need to scold everyone laughing at them like always.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Chief Medical Officer of Methodist Healthcare Dr. Jane Appleby said the idea of these parties is to see if the virus is real. “This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the COVID virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected,” Dr. Appleby said.

feels good man

Ahahahaaaaa

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Party Boat posted:

Come to my Russian roulette party, where we establish if there is a bullet in this revolver

It's more like russian roulette with a ppsh-41, and they're spraying the room

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
One of my dumb rear end MAGA coworkers thinks this whole c19 thing is a hoax because "the government wants to control us", but I can't understand how he thinks this since "the government" has pretty much told us to ignore it and get back to work/go back to school and Trump and the GOP are running most of it. He's an idiot, of course. One of those aggressive religious types who somehow conflates Trump with modern christianity and can't discuss anything at all without evoking the bible or god. And I mean anything.

Football, food, energy, climate change, money, health care, work, etc. Everything is explained in the bible and by this big mega church he attends. They've mandated masks at my office and this idiot refuses to wear his over his loving nose and he sits right next to me. I've complained to HR but so far no response.

Also, covid has something to do with God vs the devil, according to this person. Even assuming that's true, how is Trump not the devil in this scenario?

I hate these people and the way they "think". I wish I believed in God so I could take comfort that they're in for a rude surprise at the Pearly Gates but alas...

I've floated the idea before but where would be a good place to post an "Insufferable Coworkers" Thread? PYF I guess? And what would be a good thread title? Been trying to lift one from Office Space and drawing a blank. Maybe "A Case of the Mondays"? I think it'd be an entertaining thread since all of us have worked with giant assholes and probably still do.

Surely it's been done too but I can't find one and, even if it has, I imagine there's some new modern doozys relating to America burning to ashes right now and how nuts everyone is so I think we'd get some funny stories out of it.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Well god is capitalism, and any force that tries to stop money making in order to save lives is the devil.

It's pretty simple.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

BiggerBoat posted:

I've floated the idea before but where would be a good place to post an "Insufferable Coworkers" Thread? PYF I guess? And what would be a good thread title? Been trying to lift one from Office Space and drawing a blank. Maybe "A Case of the Mondays"? I think it'd be an entertaining thread since all of us have worked with giant assholes and probably still do.

So many good possibilities:

Pieces of Flare
Jump to Conclusions
Show her my Oh (god no) face
Wouldn't say I've been missing it

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

taqueso posted:

Or all of them, depending on the jurisdiction

All but one of them.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/CSTribune/status/1282293397911371778

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

that's every death though

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

death panels

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

freedom panels

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
death is the ultimate freedom, duh.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Slamhound posted:

Alabama man
Refused to mask or distance
And now he’s dead lol

I'm really glad this stupid manchild is dead. Like, really glad. One less Trump vote. Yeah Biden sucks but one less Trump vote

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol
https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1282177631782408192

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cocaine Bear posted:

the internet has convinced all these people that they're among the smartest on the plant

“intellectual diversity” in action

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The focus on the guy in the store who gives them a bewildered look is :kiss:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm really glad this stupid manchild is dead. Like, really glad. One less Trump vote. Yeah Biden sucks but one less Trump vote

it fully and completely owns every time a CHUD dies, no matter what

e: many such journeys are possible, allow me to be your gateway to unlimited lust for CHUD death

LonsomeSon has issued a correction as of 08:32 on Jul 13, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

vyelkin posted:

that's every death though

now you're getting it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I've floated the idea before but where would be a good place to post an "Insufferable Coworkers" Thread?

Somewhere people who've ever worked retail can't see it or post in it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're everywhere though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

We're everywhere though.

Well sure and I have no problem with that, as long as you don't post about it, because the only thing worse than American exceptionalism is retail worker exceptionalism, and somehow it has a 100% infection rate.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well sure and I have no problem with that, as long as you don't post about it, because the only thing worse than American exceptionalism is retail worker exceptionalism, and somehow it has a 100% infection rate.

What the gently caress is this bullshit?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Forceholy posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit?

Jerry cotton

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

3D Megadoodoo posted:

working customer facing positions loving sucks though

nothing but respect for my fellow wage slaves on the front lines

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Declan MacManus posted:

working customer facing positions loving sucks though

nothing but respect for my fellow wage slaves on the front lines

Please don't exclude the noble computer janitor with this retail exceptionalism

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Icon Of Sin posted:

an NC state senator came down with it after being at a vote the day before, so it’s climbing up the chain (little by little).

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article244142487.html

there was also a republican state rep in PA that had symptoms but kept showing up to vote and interacting with everyone else

republicans knew he was sick but they all hid it from democrats lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/28/pennsylvania-coronavirus-test-republican/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gringostar posted:

there was also a republican state rep in PA that had symptoms but kept showing up to vote and interacting with everyone else

republicans knew he was sick but they all hid it from democrats lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/28/pennsylvania-coronavirus-test-republican/

lol that owns

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well they were essential for a few minutes and some of them got 2 buck an hour extra for a few months. But people put up all those thank you sings so it all evens out.

E: Come to think of it I was told to eat a salary reduction despite being deemed essential and not being able to work from home but I'm paid a living salary so guess I should count my fortunes.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
When was the last time the flu, which this COVID-19 stuff is no worse than, killed so many semi-public figures, and murdered its way through Facebook so thoroughly?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

When was the last time the flu, which this COVID-19 stuff is no worse than, killed so many semi-public figures, and murdered its way through Facebook so thoroughly?

I think the narrative is that the flu kills more people, but doesn't get as much media attention. But also these people aren't dying from covid, they're dying from pneumonia and it's getting attributed to covid, or whatever!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

I think the narrative is that the flu kills more people, but doesn't get as much media attention. But also these people aren't dying from covid, they're dying from pneumonia and it's getting attributed to covid, or whatever!!!

Just for the record in case anyone is curious, the flu apparently results in around 200,000 hospitalizations and 40,000 deaths annually in the US.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Cool Story Time: I found out in 2011 that the lion’s share of elder deaths from natural causes result from the loss of their body’s ability to constantly prevent the pneumonia strains which have been trying to colonize their lungs for possibly decades from finally taking hold, death from old age is a lie

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

miniscule12 posted:

Well god is capitalism, and any force that tries to stop money making in order to save lives is the devil.

It's pretty simple.

Yes because the GOP don't mean God when they say it. They mean Mammon, the demon of greed.

pop fly to McGillicutty has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Jul 13, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1282700172489785344
:allears:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
And then I thought, "Hey waitaminute, the leopards weren't supposed to eat my face."

Also:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

this was already posted a few days ago but i had to double check, i'm sure there are more stories like this waiting to be told

https://twitter.com/cjtackett/status/1282522330086989825
imagine literally dying to hear ted cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER