Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

There's like no cheese in that thing?

e: Shameful snipe, enjoy this horror show:

Cliff has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Aug 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
wh...where are the seasonings? The cheeses? Where is the garlic? Where are the other layers, like mozz and ricotta? Why would anyone make this?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
5 layers is about the point where lasagna becomes totally redundant.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
All you're really getting is a mouth full of pasta. There is hardly any meat, sauce or cheese in those layers, practically nonexistent.

And they cut a piece off the end because someone else noted to me, the center is gonna be awful and undercooked. So obviously they wouldn't go for a cross section money shot.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh yeah all the other parts of that lasagna are bad too but the top layer of the lasagna is usually the only one I really want to stick my dick in

AARD VARKMAN has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Aug 10, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

oh yeah all the other parts of that lasagna are bad too but the top layer of the lasagna is the usually only one I really want to stick my dick in

Just make multiple pans of single layer lasagna.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm surprised at how hostile people are to some okay lasagna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiB4CIq9FE

It is what it is. Maybe a higher ratio of noodle to sauce+cheese than usual, but it's far from the chicken pizza quesadilla monstrosity.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Good version: https://youtu.be/x5kjO-rTocs

E:

This is the Lasagna we all grew up with, know, and love.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Aug 10, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm surprised at how hostile people are to some okay lasagna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiB4CIq9FE

It is what it is. Maybe a higher ratio of noodle to sauce+cheese than usual, but it's far from the chicken pizza quesadilla monstrosity.

that chicken pizza quesadilla monstrosity had some soul to it tbh

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Whoa now this one is looking good
E: finished watching it, that was great and looks delicious, makes sense, it was from some actual restaurant's recipe.

and serious respect to that guy for making the pasta by hand

AARD VARKMAN has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 10, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

fried lasagna sounds awesome

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/LLW902/status/1292781952827826176

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

"Sometimes you make mistakes, okay? And I think today I'm gonna make one."

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

rodbeard posted:

I've never understood how the business model of wife-beater branded fake french fries you can only find in vending machines is supposed to work.

I'm a kajillion pages behind, but I had to pipe up re: Andy Capp Hot Fries.

The only place I ever saw them as a kid was in my public school cafeteria. Yeah, the 35-cent snack brand of choice for impressionable youth in my school was the one featuring an alcoholic wife-beating gambler who lived on the dole as its brand/mascot. Each little bag had a comic strip on the back, and I'm struggling to think of what could have run as a family-friendly strip (or one that 12 year old Americans would find funny, or even comprehensible). Maybe the "Andy is napping on the couch all day" gag, I dunno.

Unrelated: does sweeperbravo ever come back to the thread to tell us the answer to "What Is It, and How Did It Get That Way?" (what looked like a botched lasagna) ??? The suspense is killing me, and if I go through 40 more pages with no answer, I'm going to be very cross. :mad:

edit: whew, there it is, finally. I have closure now. I'm glad it was still tasty, sweeper!

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Aug 10, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Andy Capp was the original drunk baker.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Sorry for posting from the past but this made me say "oh no" out loud so I had to bring it back up

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wanna pet that dog

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/LLW902/status/1292818896823689217

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Null of Undefined posted:

Sorry for posting from the past but this made me say "oh no" out loud so I had to bring it back up

If that thing came out of my pan after making bacon I would feel the need to burn some incense and making shooing motions at the air.

Get the gently caress out of my house, bacon dentist ghost! You are not welcome here!

I did not accept non-euclidean reality cookies, why are your ads appearing during my meals

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fuckin' lol when his partner comes in and is like "What the gently caress are you doing?"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i just watched this tonight and will probably make it sometime this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEL-m2zQIPQ

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LifeSunDeath posted:

Looked like fucken Admiral Akbar at first or some poo poo

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

LifeSunDeath posted:

fried lasagna sounds awesome

One of my most prized possessions is a 6" non-stick pan that I have kept from being scratched to hell for many years now.

Fried lasagna ? drat right it's good. A one-serving non-stick pan is essential for re-heating things. Half a super burrito ? The microwave will turn that into soup, a good non-stick pan will crisp up the tortilla. Leftover pizza will always be amazing cold, but the pan will crisp up the crust and melt the cheese. It's a hard decision for a hungover goon. Almost every leftover will benefit from being hotter and crispier come morning. Find you a partner that warms your heart like a good non-stick pan warms up mac n cheese.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Brawnfire posted:

Looked like fucken Admiral Akbar at first or some poo poo

It's Dick Tracey villain Clam Head. AKA Chowder Head.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

LifeSunDeath posted:

wait, what goes on the top for you? the only thing different from mine is using bechamel instead of cheese and not drenching the top with sauce, I'm guessing they wanted it kinda dry to show the layers more.

Bechamel is a war crime, though. Should be banned by the UN.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Bechamel is a war crime, though. Should be banned by the UN.

Try adding things that taste good to your bechamel.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Like cheese.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mymla posted:

Try adding things that taste good to your bechamel.

I think that makes it not bechamel any more.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Almost as if it is some specific kind of sauce that you use as a base. Like, it is a "mother" of sorts, if you will, that you use to build new things. Makes you think.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Add lasagna to your bechamel imho

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Isn't the cheese part of mac and cheese just bechamel? Do you also hate mac and cheese? Like what sort of insectoid are you?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

Isn't the cheese part of mac and cheese just bechamel? Do you also hate mac and cheese? Like what sort of insectoid are you?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

LifeSunDeath posted:

No. Bechamel is just plain roux + milk.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Hey, I'll mac myself all I want thank you.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

The milk and roux is bechamel. When you add cheese it becomes a mornay.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The milk and roux is bechamel. When you add cheese it becomes a mornay.

OH! Thanks. I have a buddy who's very good at cooking french food and always dunks on me for not knowing about sauces and poo poo, like this has legit come up before about bechamel and I guess I was too stoned cause I didn't learn anything then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seems weird to call it a sauce IMO. Like calling a jug full of beaten eggs a type of omlette.