Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

redgubbinz posted:

Folks,

I love they Always do that weird random capitalization Thing that boomers of Age or boomers of mindset Love to DO!

Hm...wonder what "BLM lover" could be a stand in for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lodin posted:

Sorry for causing that god awful Scandinavian letter derail, guys. :v:

Love this one, for those who are unaware

quote:

Family Guy creator Seth was also due to catch the same flight as Wahlberg but arrived late due to a hangover and a mix-up with his booking.

His travel agent incorrectly told him the 7.45am flight was due to leave at 8.15am, but when he arrived, boarding was already closed.

“I was booked on that flight and I was drinking the night before and hung over and I missed the plane by about 10 minutes. It was a very close call for me," he said.

He was forced to wait for the next flight and an hour later, Flight 11 struck the north tower, killing everyone on board.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Man who made cartoons should die

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Love this one, for those who are unaware

If you think THATS bad... well, no, that’s just bad.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

redgubbinz posted:

Those studies are already starting to come out and boy does social media gently caress people up. Even this very forum has probably done irreparable damage to my already soft brain but I'll never know!

would you say the internet... has made you stupid?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes: Time will tell. Time will tell...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just watched a Doctor Who last night where a woman gets the doctor to take her back in time so she can see her grandmother get married. All these memes are extra great today.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mokinokaro posted:

They're recasting Early. They can probably find someone who will work.

Maybe the my name is Earl guy

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wow you must've gone to a really bad uni to be so wrong about this and still have graduated. The fact that Ö sounds vary in no way means that "the vowel sound in RP bird" isn't literally the best and simplest way to let Anglophones know what Ö sounds like. And "a specific dialect of English" is exactly what you want to give people whose native accents can vary vastly a reference point they will, in about 100% of cases, be familiar with - it's called RP and it's the specific dialect you can use in this manner.

If someone doesn't know what an automobile is, I can point a normal one out to them and they will know - superficially but well enough - what an automobile is without me needing to point out every kind of automobile there is.

Sorry about continuing this poo poo, but this is just not true. Take a look at these pictures:

First is RP, second is Swedish. Notice how there is an ø (and œ) in the Swedish one but not in the RP one? That's because the sound doesn't appear in RP.

Also, knowledge of RP is not as widespread as you think. It's a British thing that still has some residual influence in teaching English as a second language, but a lot of learners either forget about it and lump it into the general British English category or plain never hear about it.

Links: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_Pronunciation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_phonology

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
You’re not sorry at all you sick gently caress.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Maestro posted:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Just Offscreen posted:

Hm...wonder what "BLM lover" could be a stand in for.

Big Luxurious Men
Baroque Laminated Manuscripts
Barry's Long Muskets (going out of business sale! buy one musket get one derringer of equal or lesser value free!)
Buckets of Lime Margaritas

redgubbinz has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Aug 18, 2020

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

It was a nice twist on the cyclical regional dialect derails every thread eventually suffers from, at least.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Legit thought that was Tarantino

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I thought it was Robbie Rotten.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Maestro posted:

Lmao

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I did some research this evening and discovered that this is probably the first time anyone has proposed the scientific theory that piss is in fact stored in the balls.

quote:

On April 5th, 2012, Twitter user @rad_milk posted

Now as we all know in this modern day and age this is absolutely true. I just found it to be an interesting fact.
Obviously there will be the occasional crackpot conspiracy nut who claims otherwise, but time and time again they have failed to provide even a smidgen of evidence to their claims. Bloody charlatans!

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Its like FIFA 94 where you could just run from the ref forever and never get a yellow/red card

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Missed opportunity to include the Etruscan boar vessel circa 600-500 BCE.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

CainFortea posted:

At least it wasn't German letter derail. Those are the wurst.

Yeah, that Zimmerman letter really backfired.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
girls with a time machine i wrote you a letter its in the mailbox at the lake house
boys with a time machine i wrote you a letter its in the mailbox at the lake house

snergle has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Aug 18, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Goon with a time machine: I can stop those other goons from driving away Kate Beaton!

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

go back in time to steal george washingtons wooden teeth so i can finish my mummy on roller skates with spaghetti for hair

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

BoonyPC posted:

Its like FIFA 94 where you could just run from the ref forever and never get a yellow/red card

How about Mutant League Football where you could just kill the ref.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BoonyPC posted:

Bonus points if you did this for long enough for your friend that was winning to have to leave your home so you can actually get carded, pick up his controller and score some own goals to actually win the match.

I did this for 40 minutes, we were both laughing but he had to leave and I won :smug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Bonus points if you did this for long enough for your friend that was winning to have to leave your home so you can actually get carded, pick up his controller and score some own goals to actually win the match.

...and they never came back.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I did this for 40 minutes, we were both laughing but he had to leave and I won :smug:

Big "whistle while chasing your friend in snes mario kart battle mode when he has a star and you have a red shell so he panics and uses the star and then screams at you" energy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No feathers

2/10

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You can't prove they were giant fatbirds

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Azhais posted:

You can't prove they were giant fatbirds

The asteroid impact made the whole atmosphere get pizza oven hot everywhere on the planet anyway.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The asteroid impact made the whole atmosphere get pizza oven hot everywhere on the planet anyway.

But mammals

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I like how Michael Bay had the most accurate look for the impact in Armageddon back in 1998 when it was still a fresh new theory just by going full Michael Bay and burning the whole goddamn planet.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Couple feet underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Think about it why did the aquatic reptiles die but not the sharks? There is a really good radio lab on it.