Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

are y'all even sure that she is human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

or mortal

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

TwoPair posted:

Iirc, when WC declares that she's gonna teach Alison the 49 palms, Cio says she can't learn them, but WC says she can, implying that it's because of her key and the superpowers that come with it.

Unfortunately, WC does not have a key so I think she's gonna have to relearn how to fight (or at least learn a new style)

White Chain may have just fulfilled Solomon's "shed at least one drop of my blood" requirement for passing on his key, so I'd hold the phone on her not having one.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Potato Salad posted:

are y'all even sure that she is human

All I know is that I'd die for her

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
This "Cold White Flame/Hot Black Flame" business is starting to sound like bullshit to me.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Would make complete sense for YISUN to lie about that, because they're YISUN.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bilirubin posted:

IDK given the conversation in the void where they show her her reflection it might be that angels have this option open to them its just really rare that they would take it

You are taking that conversation way too literally. At no point was it ever suggested that becoming a flesh and blood person was an actual factual option there, it was literally a bunch of angels going reductio ad absurdum to demonstrate what to them was the patently obvious fallacy of expressing the wrong gender.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

YaketySass posted:

This "Cold White Flame/Hot Black Flame" business is starting to sound like bullshit to me.

I've said it before but there's really no reason why any of the characters in this work or any other should be absolutely correct about their world's cosmology, any more than anyone in reality has ever been absolutely correct about anything. It's just a staple of fantasy that when you have a character lay out How Things Are, the reader is intended to take it as true, because most fantasy isn't concerned with breaking apart your notions of what reality is.

Plus who'd do all that lengthy and intricate worldbuilding only to turn around and say "yeah that was all bullshit that I made you believe specifically to make the revelation that it's bullshit more impactful"? Some kinda cool guy probably

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Renaissance Robot posted:

I've said it before but there's really no reason why any of the characters in this work or any other should be absolutely correct about their world's cosmology, any more than anyone in reality has ever been absolutely correct about anything. It's just a staple of fantasy that when you have a character lay out How Things Are, the reader is intended to take it as true, because most fantasy isn't concerned with breaking apart your notions of what reality is.

Plus who'd do all that lengthy and intricate worldbuilding only to turn around and say "yeah that was all bullshit that I made you believe specifically to make the revelation that it's bullshit more impactful"? Some kinda cool guy probably

Yeah if all myths are true and born from history then that implies people in your setting have no imagination and can't just make anything up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh. Wow. I can’t believe we overlooked this.

The thing people were going to hate was the bare tits.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

We were just going to hate that this comic is so good that it puts all others to shame. Hate that there’s o ly one book left after this because we want more.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TK-42-1 posted:

We were just going to hate that this comic is so good that it puts all others to shame. Hate that there’s o ly one book left after this because we want more.

Yes but after this story is over Abaddon will still be making other awesome stories

... After a good long vacation, I hope.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Shoehead posted:

All I know is that I'd die for her

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh. Wow. I can’t believe we overlooked this.

The thing people were going to hate was the bare tits.

Speak for yourself!

GunnerJ posted:

Everyone's still trying to guess the thing we're going to hate, and it's gonna turn out that Abbadon just correctly predicted a lot of freaking out about boobs.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

lmao it looks like Dave whipped his pants off to cover WC for a sec

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

GunnerJ posted:

Speak for yourself!
My mistake, you did get it first! My eyes just kind of glazed over while reading that whole discussion, so...

Victis posted:

lmao it looks like Dave whipped his pants off to cover WC for a sec
"Oh, some boobs are going to make them freak out? Let's see how they handle Dave's salami."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Dave would of course have an immaculate and perfectly proportioned hog.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
10VG is a pretty good new ally. Didn't understand but worked to get there, acknowledged faults and mistakes made along the way and now stands side by side.

Corollary question, can Angels hijack the ashen bodies of other angels? While I know that is 10VG, could it also be another angel hijacking 10VG's armor and pretending to be him? I'm curious if it could be a future plot point or concern, rather than saying it is happening right now, mind you.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Donkringel posted:

10VG is a pretty good new ally. Didn't understand but worked to get there, acknowledged faults and mistakes made along the way and now stands side by side.

Corollary question, can Angels hijack the ashen bodies of other angels? While I know that is 10VG, could it also be another angel hijacking 10VG's armor and pretending to be him? I'm curious if it could be a future plot point or concern, rather than saying it is happening right now, mind you.

It hasn't been explicitly stated, but I don't think so.

Angel bodies are created for specific angels, so there's probably some sort of concept of making it compatible with their soul form or whatever.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Pretending to be another angel sounds suspiciously similar to lying, which angels aren't good at in general.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Man, depression must be hitting me extra hard, because I felt nothing about this transformation. I saw it, I acknowledged it, I realized this is an important moment for this character, but I felt nothing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
thanks for letting us know, I guess

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i do like how you can tell from the one panel of solomon david walking away, where we can't see his face, that he's still bummed

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Captain Oblivious posted:

You are taking that conversation way too literally. At no point was it ever suggested that becoming a flesh and blood person was an actual factual option there, it was literally a bunch of angels going reductio ad absurdum to demonstrate what to them was the patently obvious fallacy of expressing the wrong gender.

lol its more plausible than some of what I've seen speculated ITT as there is at least some grounding in the text

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i do like how you can tell from the one panel of solomon david walking away, where we can't see his face, that he's still bummed

It’s the forward hunched shoulders.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, depression must be hitting me extra hard, because I felt nothing about this transformation. I saw it, I acknowledged it, I realized this is an important moment for this character, but I felt nothing.

Sorry friend. Depression is an insidious bastard. At least you’re aware it’s sapping your emotions. :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

habeasdorkus posted:

Dave would of course have an immaculate and perfectly proportioned hog.

He has definitely groomed a tiny copy of his beard for it.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I think my only real regret for this arc is that Salami Dave didn't get his beard-net punched off.

That's a real unfired Chekhov's gun.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I think my only real regret for this arc is that Salami Dave didn't get his beard-net punched off.

That's a real unfired Chekhov's gun.

Getting punched or having blood drawn is one thing, but no man of Dave's status would ever allow his beard to be anything less than perfect.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Who What Now posted:

Getting punched or having blood drawn is one thing, but no man of Dave's status would ever allow his beard to be anything less than perfect.

His beard is kept meticulous by the power of his Key of Kings - a full seventh of a seventh of Creation is tuned solely to the job of maintaining it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lights posted:

His beard is kept meticulous by the power of his Key of Kings - a full seventh of a seventh of Creation is tuned solely to the job of maintaining it.

The economies of entire worlds are structured around producing the beard oils necessary to keep it in perfect condition.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Sorry I am repeating myself but 10VG is just so, so awesome. It's really good to to see a character who is tiptoeing around getting it (ignorance but in good faith!) Finally get it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Donkringel posted:

Sorry I am repeating myself but 10VG is just so, so awesome. It's really good to to see a character who is tiptoeing around getting it (ignorance but in good faith!) Finally get it.

Don't be sorry, it needs eternal restating how fuckin' rad this comic is

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

The Ultimate Prize

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Goddamnit, Cryophage.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cryophage posted:

The Ultimate Prize

Hahaha

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

For those that hadn't seen Cryophage's earlier stuff.

Cryophage posted:

In Gog We Trust

Should the newest Cryophage bit be titled "For Three Dollars More?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cryophage posted:

The Ultimate Prize

:sbahj:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Gooooaa drat it gog agog I dont want none your tree dollars!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Q: What happened to Nyave and/or Princess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cut due to payment disputes