Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1299403157173186560

Peoples party 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1299411020532850689?s=20

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1299400629480304641?s=20

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i’ve said it before and i’m saying it again, obama is the antichrist

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51HuNX41Fg&t=70s

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't want to click on a Hill article but does he call for police to maybe stop shooting people?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Radish posted:

I don't want to click on a Hill article but does he call for police to maybe stop shooting people?

No. No he does not.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
joe biden is against all forms of violence except the kind that is inflicted on the poor and minorities by the police state

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I call on Barack Obama to suck my penis

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Are you a drone? Cause if so....

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

now, let me be clear. the call has been made by some that i should suck increduloushulk's schlong. i've heard it, on the, uh, the cspam boards. *gives a grin to the crowd* pretty rambuncious bunch. *press corp laugh at his easy humor and relaxed nature, before he sobers up in to wise father mode*. But now is not the time for blowing, or sucking. Now is the time, for Americans, of all walks to life, to get together and lie down in the ditches. It's been raining hard out there, in the streets, but someday that sun will come. But until then, there's gonna have to be people serving as boardwalks so my nice new shoes (thank you Michelle) don't get all muddy. I'd call on mr hulk to join them. A wise man once told me, that you have to learn to drown in the mud before you can get your whole cock taken down a presiden'ts throat. Thank you, and may God bless America.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

oh we're producing them alright, we're producing them in such numbers in fact that the only people allowed to opine on politics at any big platform or hold power are the same people who were doing it 40 years ago and why every decade what is considered "young" goes up another decade. Young now is "under 50" lmfao, due half to it being decades since anybody in power giving any young person a reason to buy in to the status quo and half to plain old gerontocracy entrenching itself

the space force show had some pretty ham fisted sub ins for congress people and it's kinda sad the referenced "the angry young congresswoman" and I immediately knew it could only be alternate universe AOC

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I just realized we have a shot at biden having a super narrow loss after Minnesota goes red and 100% of the blame will be put on him not picking klobuchar

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gatts posted:

Are you a drone? Cause if so....

:grin:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

now, let me be clear. the call has been made by some that i should suck increduloushulk's schlong. i've heard it, on the, uh, the cspam boards. *gives a grin to the crowd* pretty rambuncious bunch. *press corp laugh at his easy humor and relaxed nature, before he sobers up in to wise father mode*. But now is not the time for blowing, or sucking. Now is the time, for Americans, of all walks to life, to get together and lie down in the ditches. It's been raining hard out there, in the streets, but someday that sun will come. But until then, there's gonna have to be people serving as boardwalks so my nice new shoes (thank you Michelle) don't get all muddy. I'd call on mr hulk to join them. A wise man once told me, that you have to learn to drown in the mud before you can get your whole cock taken down a presiden'ts throat. Thank you, and may God bless America.

lmbo

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

lol at banning the black people cigarette flavor and ignoring police brutality

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i absolutely do not understand why theres any reason to ban menthol cigarettes. i can kinda understand other restrictions on flavors, but menthol is the last thing that a 16 year old is going to want, no?

that can only lead to one conclusion... the cruelty is the point

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

I, for one, am shocked that there turned out to be disturbing issues with a mod who covered up for another mod that went "undercover" to pal around with a bunch of discord nazis

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

i absolutely do not understand why theres any reason to ban menthol cigarettes. i can kinda understand other restrictions on flavors, but menthol is the last thing that a 16 year old is going to want, no?

white people dont smoke them

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

How long have you been tied to this chair? The single lightbulb above your head buzzing incessantly? Your head throbs.

Then He walks in. His Corthay oxfords stepping gently around the stains on the concrete floor. You can't see him, he's behind you, but you feel his presence. It feels like a warm, patchwork quilt.

Then He stops.

He's right beside you.

It's quiet, save for the buzzing lightbulb. Your ears go warm with blood as your heart pounds. Barack leans in, his lips mere inches from your ear. You can feel his soft, minty breath on your scalp. Do you also smell the caramel of nicotine? Your chin trembles, your eyes welling up with hot tears, as you hear him whisper softly, delicately:

v o t e

Nearby, you hear a gun click.

sitchensis has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Aug 28, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

it's to punish the poor, the minorities, pretty much anyone that isn't currently living in Palo Alto

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

black people smoke menthols. if menthol sales are banned, black people will shop elsewhere.

Maria Juana
May 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

:popeye:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mastershakeman posted:

I just realized we have a shot at biden having a super narrow loss after Minnesota goes red and 100% of the blame will be put on him not picking klobuchar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

They banned flavored ecigs as a result of that particular moral panic and the ecig makers were like "c'mon, there's lots of flavored smoking products! this seems unfair!" Then another finger on the monkey's paw curled up and the state started pushing aggressively to ban all flavored tobacco, even hookah and menthols. They apparently exempted hookah at the last minute (probably because it looked v. racist to ban hookah when bongs, cigarettes, cigars, etc. are all totally legal)

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

dumb paternalistic nonsense. classic lib poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

ban all flavored tobacco, even hookah and menthols.

This is absolute bullshit. One of the simple pleasures is mixing various flavors of tobacco in my small hookah (apple with menthol is really good).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

There's no legitimate reason why plain tobacco cigarettes should be allowed and menthols disallowed, but the press releases are all framing this as "protecting the black and LGBT communities" which is pretty loving comical to say the least.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Victory Position posted:

it's to punish the poor, the minorities, pretty much anyone that isn't currently living in Palo Alto

I don't think black people agree with you on that.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-24/ban-on-flavored-tobacco-approved-by-california-assembly

quote:

Supporters of the legislation blasted a new advertising campaign from tobacco companies that claims the bill discriminates against Black and Latino smokers, saying that the ads disingenuously portray the industry as an ally of communities of color.

The tobacco industry ad, which calls the bill “politics at its worst,” alleges that the measure would criminalize menthol cigarettes, “giving special treatment to the rich, and singling out communities of color.”

Assemblywoman Shirley Weber (D-San Diego), the chairwoman of the California Legislative Black Caucus, said it is racist for the tobacco industry to claim the bill discriminates against Black people by prohibiting the sale of menthol cigarettes in the state.

“I am insulted that the tobacco industry would make an effort to make us believe that mentholated cigarettes are part of African American culture, and that this is a discriminatory piece of legislation against Black people,” Weber said during the floor debate.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I sort of get that... here in Minnesota Saint Paul banned all flavored tobacco products at stores that are not adults only (ie only a tobacco shop can sell flavored tobacco) which vaguely makes sense if you want to target teen smoking. except for the part where tobacco is always behind the counter at a convenience store of course

you just cited a single legislator though? doesn't really mean anything one way or another?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
There is a 100% chance that some poor Black kid will get his or her skull bashed in for trying to sell menthols in the next 5 years.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

There's no legitimate reason why plain tobacco cigarettes should be allowed and menthols disallowed, but the press releases are all framing this as "protecting the black and LGBT communities" which is pretty loving comical to say the least.

*ban menthol cigarettes, has police murder people that sell them* is this healthcare? is this? *bans hookah* i think im' close come on now, don't be like that

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

this post is located where it should be.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
there's no real reason to allow one type of tobacco and not another type, or to ban mango juuls but not tobacco ones, or to ban any sort of tobacco product but not alcohol (where's the loving rage against mango white claws?)

just dumb lib paternalistic bullshit, same as it ever was. you get nothing.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
also fun fact, smoking methols will cause you to read positive on an alcohol ignition interlock; normal cigarettes won't

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Useless loving state legislature can't do anything material about housing or firefighting or PG&E but they have plenty of time to micromanage where citizens take small pleasures and snatch that poo poo out of their hands, especially if they're minority groups (who need special liberal guardianship to keep them safe from the things they like).

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

and next i’ll go meet allen west so i can get a feel for black people’s thoughts on torture

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm not going to be too critical of the players. In walking out and disrupting the playoffs in support of BLM, even for just a few days, they did more with their platform than almost anyone else, including the actual politicians. Of course the corporate entity is going to co-opt and undermine their message, and the player association is run by the huge stars whose interests are almost directly aligned with the corporate entity.

wouldn't be surprised if lebron got a call from obama lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

ceding that Congress has no real oversight authority, that has to take whatever the executive lets them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
theres a great book i read about the history of the juvie justice system i really gotta find again someday. it had list of qualities that a reform would have in order to get passed; it was related to juvenile justice but it was pretty widely applicable past that. like the poo poo was "doesnt surrender moral authority", "doesnt impact the wealthy", "doesnt reduce state power", "if it backfires it can be blamed on the poor", and nowhere was there something like "is actually effective at all"