Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Prop 13 mandated that assessed value grow at below-inflation rates. Holding a piece of property should not make your property taxes disappear over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

In fire news:

https://twitter.com/edit4life/status/1304161963648450563?s=19

Gavin should use some of those oil donor dollars and get himself a fiddle.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

30% more fires every year

And we're not even in october yet.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
California (carbonized, flaked, and spread via high-level winds) über alles

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Wicked Them Beats posted:

In fire news:

For those playing along at home, just that list of fires would be the complete burn and destruction of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Delaware added together. Find me another ~50K acres to account for some rounding and you can burn down DC too.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 10, 2020

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

In fire news:

Hmm so you’re saying I definitely SHOULD buy a cabin in Crestline.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Jaxyon posted:

lol the tax rate in most of New York State is like 2% and assessed at market value anually

"I am no longer looking to speculate as a rich person in a real estate market that's 3000 miles away thanks to this prop that is literally designed to stop that poo poo"

I agree, we should go full Prop 13 repeal

This is not helpful.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Enigma89 posted:

This is not helpful.

A prop 13 repeal and changing cali property taxes to match up with most of the US would actually be very helpful as well as keeping people who were only looking for tax shelter from driving up real estate prices.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

literally every argument in favor of prop 13 can be countered with "but look at how most every other state doesn't do this and yet somehow the grandmas survive"

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Jaxyon posted:

A prop 13 repeal and changing cali property taxes to match up with most of the US would actually be very helpful as well as keeping people who were only looking for tax shelter from driving up real estate prices.

I wasn't commenting on Prop 13 it's just the general animosity from him. I am a real estate speculator. I move quite frequently for work and I am thinking of moving back to California.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Enigma89 posted:

I am a real estate speculator.

This explains far more than you realize

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Enigma89 posted:

I wasn't commenting on Prop 13 it's just the general animosity from him. I am a real estate speculator. I move quite frequently for work and I am thinking of moving back to California.

Everyone here hates you for that reason. If the proposition makes you hesitate to plunge your proboscis into our neck, good.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Enigma89 posted:

I respect the sheer balls of openly admitting this here, at least.

Everything else about you and what you do can get hosed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Enigma89 posted:

gently caress you, stay out of our state.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Please speculate a loaded handgun into your mouth and pull the trigger, Enigma89.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Enigma89 posted:

What you do is disgusting and ghoulish. The world is an objectively worse, more inhumane place because of your actions and those like you. You are not welcome here.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Enigma89 posted:

I am a real estate speculator. I move quite frequently for work and I am thinking of moving back to California.

Lol you're a goddamn gimmick account

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Enigma89 posted:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress you

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Enigma89 posted:

It just seems like a limp dick prop in comparison to some other things I have in mind albeit I am not sure what the solution is.

Enigma89 posted:

Yeah no one wants to hear what your ideas are to "fix" the problem. :fuckoff:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Jaxyon posted:

This explains far more than you realize

Oh sorry that was a typo. I am NOT a real estate speculator. My comment was about how he assumed I was speculating about real estate while living in NYC. I am originally from California and have been thinking of moving back.

Real estate is really crazy in NYC and buying an apartment here is just absurd compared to CA.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Enigma89 posted:

Oh sorry that was a typo. I am NOT a real estate speculator.

quote:

Real estate is really crazy in NYC and buying an apartment here is just absurd compared to CA.

LOL whoops masked slipped on your troll account

You're a real estate speculator. Your a landlord who gets less interested when he has to pay a fair tax rate on 4 million dollar properties. That makes you a speculator

gently caress all the way off. This isn't even going into your other bad opinions.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 11, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:confuoot:

https://twitter.com/datadebt/status/1304211421585010688

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
It’s 2020, I’m assuming this is the pelosi campaign trying to smear Shahid as pro-cop.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Unclear if beardo man is the subject of the "F" grade, or the source of the "F" grade.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

withak posted:

Unclear if beardo man is the subject of the "F" grade, or the source of the "F" grade.
I've lost so much respect for Paul Giamatti

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Enigma89 posted:

Oh sorry that was a typo. I am NOT a real estate speculator.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I'm whatever that thing you call people who make mutli-million dollar decisions based on things like theoretical tax legislation and don't need that income at all to live.

No not the bad thing. It's different.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Jaxyon posted:

LOL whoops masked slipped on your troll account

You're a real estate speculator. Your a landlord who gets less interested when he has to pay a fair tax rate on 4 million dollar properties. That makes you a speculator

gently caress all the way off. This isn't even going into your other bad opinions.

I am not a landlord.

It's really not about the taxes, it's really about the property prices. This explains what I meant about the cap rates.
https://propertymetrics.com/blog/cap-rate/#:~:text=The%20capitalization%20rate%2C%20often%20just,%2F%241%2C000%2C000%2C%20or%2010%25.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah just got this as a reply on prop 15 with the nextdoor chuds.

"you don’t think this will roll down to residential properties you are sadly mistaken. If you haven’t Noticed CA does everything incrementally. For a reason prop 109/57/47 are perfect examples"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Something Awful Forums > Debate and Discussion > California Politics Thread: Enigma89 loving sucks

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

FMguru posted:

Please speculate a loaded handgun into your mouth and pull the trigger, Enigma89.

How did this person get probed but not Enigma89?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

"If you invest 3 million dollars and get a 2% cap rate (i.e. profit $60,000 a year for doing jack poo poo), that investment is nonsensically bad."

Only the landlord class have enough money to even get a 2% cap rate. For working class people, an investment with a 1% cap rate would be a better return than they've seen in their entire lives.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

GrandpaPants posted:

How did this person get probed but not Enigma89?
Telling people to kill themselves is kinda frowned upon here, no matter how much they suck.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Real estate speculation has certainly led to more deaths than that post ever will but this is D&D so we gotta maintain decorum.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

All I'm reading that's against prop 15 is that it'll mean commercial land/property values go down due to costing more to maintain and that this is somehow a bad thing because land/property is supposed to increase in value infinitely forever or something? But when property values respond to this change and decrease then that just means that the taxes go right back down to wherever it's profitable again to purchase the stuff. There's not going to be less land or fewer buildings or whatever it'll just be more affordable.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You could describe a prop to me by saying "this will reduce property values and have basically no other effect" and I'll windmill slam that VOTE YES button so hard the shockwave will knock a boomer to the ground.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Complications posted:

All I'm reading that's against prop 15 is that it'll mean commercial land/property values go down due to costing more to maintain and that this is somehow a bad thing because land/property is supposed to increase in value infinitely forever or something? But when property values respond to this change and decrease then that just means that the taxes go right back down to wherever it's profitable again to purchase the stuff. There's not going to be less land or fewer buildings or whatever it'll just be more affordable.

Yeah but the people who currently own the property don't want it to be affordable, they want that guaranteed payday that was supposed to be coming their way. In a lot of cases they're already in for more than the property is worth if it became "affordable."

But don't ask them who exactly is supposed to afford property that perpetually gets more expensive while wages never grow. They don't understand the question and will just furrow their brow and tilt their head at you like a dog that just saw a magic trick.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Enigma89 posted:

I am not a landlord.

It's really not about the taxes, it's really about the property prices. This explains what I meant about the cap rates.
https://propertymetrics.com/blog/cap-rate/#:~:text=The%20capitalization%20rate%2C%20often%20just,%2F%241%2C000%2C000%2C%20or%2010%25.

gently caress off, you shitstain.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Pretty brave to come in here to talk about speculation, capital gains and whatever else lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Hey if all the dry wood burns up and clears all that housing... its free demo work! And free demo work means easier re-development and hey I heard you have a housing crisis.....