Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Nothus posted:

This is funny because I have family in Europe and their insta feed is full of crowded restaurants and bars.

Yeah, they are all pretty packed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

uber_stoat posted:

something like the lowest kind of Chinese buffet would taste like ambrosia to me at this point.

Same, who am I kidding, I'll definitely go out at a buffet that is basically a money laundering operation.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smythe posted:

any more tips on how to mod a highly contentious and delicate forum?

put it in ur butt lol

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

i would go absolutely hog wild at a sushi place

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

put it in ur butt lol

holku fuckk

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I’m standing in a Jack-In-The-Box with a makeshift barrier of tables between the ordering area and the order terminal, mask over my face, had to open up the door with my keys and as I’m listening to a podcast about gaming out the possibility of the president seizing dictatorial power, it hits me that our society as a thing isn’t doing too hot at the moment.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
At this point everyone has given up and there is absolutely no political will to attempt to contain the virus. Surprised anyone bothers to report numbers anymore tbh.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

*to the tune of Roy Jones Jr.'s "Can't be Touched"

Can't be cracked, can't be pinged

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

wait, they only closed them in late august? Late august was 2 weeks ago

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

whats your point???

they beat the virus. its gone.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm trying to figure out which restaurant I'm going to go to when I finally lose it

the only answer is Applebee’s

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Vim Fuego posted:

closed a second time because we were at 10% positive rates. open again! before the Drake University numbers start hitting

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fast approaching 200k dead on worldometer

(yeah i know its a lot higher)

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

applebees gonna bring back the $1 long island and kill every goon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Florida allowed bars to re-open yesterday lol!

https://bungalower.com/2020/09/10/florida-bars-can-reopen-on-monday-with-restrictions/

mystes
May 31, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

2 weeks is the standard duration that you shut stuff down during which coronavirus magically disappears except oh wait it didn't that's weird?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Gio posted:

fast approaching 200k dead on worldometer

(yeah i know its a lot higher)

just waiting for texas to report their last 130 dead and then we've crossed the threshold

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

congratulations everyone, we beat the virus once again

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

MadJackal posted:

I’m standing in a Jack-In-The-Box with a makeshift barrier of tables between the ordering area and the order terminal, mask over my face, had to open up the door with my keys and as I’m listening to a podcast about gaming out the possibility of the president seizing dictatorial power, it hits me that our society as a thing isn’t doing too hot at the moment.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does the family of the 200000th death win a prize

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MadJackal posted:

Society?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

everything is gonna be fine

america will never even stop close to 200,000 official deaths

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

john wayne wasn't a cowboy he was a prissy actor

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Stereotype posted:

I think we all guessed back in march that this would very quickly devolve into arbitrary and irresponsible reopenings and then harsh lockdowns a few weeks later on repeat but it's still always just shocking to see how chaotic and stupid it all is

any amount of foresight at all—literally ANY—would allow a thinking person to see that this seesaw of closing and then opening and then closing... etc. is only going to cause more business turmoil and worker disenfranchisement than any single, concerted lockdown would even if it had been from March until now.

I know, I know, for some at the top the suffering is the point, but I know there are some brain dead morons in the middle staring down the proverbial barrel of this chaos gun and just rapidly working the trigger over and over, getting shot in the face and just absolutely flabbergasted that things keeping going poorly.

*phew* glad I got that confusion out so I have more room to crack and ping in the ol’ ringer, time to redeem all these Chili’s gift cards I have. bring on the winter.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

does the family of the 200000th death win a prize

Giant novelty hospital bill, presented by a debt collector.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Stereotype posted:

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a million is a comedy lol *honk honk*"

-marx

Not even:

Hail Covid.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the most frightening thing isn't the people in charge who are lying to everyone to maximize their wallets, it's the people in charge who legitimately believe this isn't a big deal and that most of the time we can't tell who's who

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SKULL.GIF posted:

everyone take a deep breath, get yourself calmed down with a giant huff of covid-infested wildfire smoke. it'll all be okay.

My brother is dealing with US forest fire smoke on top of this creosote soaked pier near his apartment being on fire for days and a massive looper moth population explosion in Vancouver. 2020 having a normal one

He's basically not trying to breathe air at all.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Giant novelty hospital bill, presented by a debt collector.

bill includes printing and travel costs

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

snoo posted:

this poo poo sucks and everything is awful

i don't have time to go through 500 posts from today, someone just tell me: has facetoucher cat turned up yet? :smith:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Innocuous posted:

i don't have time to go through 500 posts from today, someone just tell me: has facetoucher cat turned up yet? :smith:

I just scoured the last couple of days worth of posts and from what I can tell, no :(

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm trying to figure out which restaurant I'm going to go to when I finally lose catch it

fixed

hooters

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Innocuous posted:

negative

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hjaha lol like a shitload of people will die, because of this specifically, :lmao: this owns

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I'm the farm use license place on a multilane road

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Innocuous posted:

blatman posted:

I just scoured the last couple of days worth of posts and from what I can tell, no :(

gently caress :(

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

empty whippet box posted:

hjaha lol like a shitload of people will die, because of this specifically, :lmao: this owns

if they don't reopen the bars how can they blame the rampant disease spread and innumerable deaths on young irresponsible people?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MadJackal posted:

How are you just now realizing this? lol

it hasn't been doing hot since.. i dunno, 1999. Dotcom fall with 9/11 leading to the biggest execuitive powergrab and fascism-footwork that the country has ever seen with jingoistic hoo-rah non-sense, GFC setting precedence of gving billionaires more money and protecting the money of the billionaires/hedge funds/etc and making every person squashed further under the boot. Most minority communities lost 70% of their wealth entirely and it hasn't recovered. "Gig economy" propped up unemployment by giving another lower option on the totem pole but that was never sustainable and isn't real work or living work. We're jjust ripping off the bandaid

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

the cure can't be worse than the disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

At this point everyone has given up and there is absolutely no political will to attempt to contain the virus. Surprised anyone bothers to report numbers anymore tbh.

No one is seriously testing except for uiuc, it's incredible to watch one podunk double town of 100k doing 1-2% of the nation's testing every day