Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Sleeveless posted:

The Tim & Eric thread in TVIV started in February of 2017 and is still active. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2308772&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

That’s over 3 years old. Incomparable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Weren't older ones turned over a lot more because the servers couldn't handle bajillion page threads?

Also a few thousand more people posting at any given time as well.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The LOGH thread is almost 16 years old

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1278668

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I meant 2007, stupid autocorrect. Seeing people go from dismissing T&E as monkey cheese horseshit to the modern community of people slapping their knees at like a decade of On Cinema deep lore continuing to pay dividends and appreciating what fantastic satire their work is makes for a great ride.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:hmmyes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Weren't older ones turned over a lot more because the servers couldn't handle bajillion page threads?

Also a few thousand more people posting at any given time as well.

yeah, I seem to recall a limit of 3-500 pages under threat of forums failure

then that got fixed, and the era of the megathread began :2spoopy:

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
The Terry Prachett thread in the Book Barn is active, and is from august 2007. That threat started before he died. Hell, that thread started before he revealed he was diagnosed with alzheimers. Reading that thread and knowing what's coming was difficult.

On the other hand, that thread also started before all the Discworld books had been written, so seeing people speculate on the content of new books and getting it hilariously wrong was pretty neat.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The thread on D&D webcomic Order of the Stick is almost 13 years old and covers 2/3 of the comic's total run (in pages, not years). D&D itself has had two new editions since then.

e: one of which to be fair came out in '08 but you know what I mean

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 12:52 on Sep 18, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Five years sounds like a short time frame for two kids to build a house.

Not if you're Aatrek

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Not if you're Aatrek

That doesn't even make sense

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ha ha this thread has lasted longer than the US civil war. The Confederacy loses once again!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Garrand posted:

Not if you're Aatrek

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

PM me a receipt to RAINN and you can have this avatar

We interrupt your regularly scheduled derails to call dibs. I was going to buy plat and then Yikesaroo 2020 happened, so no PMs, but I have in fact made a donation so DIBS ON KITTEH (I'll sort it out next month once the parent doxxing process is done).

In apology for the interruption, here is a picture of a funny quote:

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Investing in paint and paint strippers because its clearly the next evolution in warfare, thanks thread

Memento posted:

Investing in strippers is a time-honored military tradition, yes.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Horace posted:

Honoured to have provided the new title, if only indirectly.

I've been working through the Bad With Money thread in BCF, it's loving awesome and I wish I'd discovered it ages ago.

GoGoGadgetChris has lost $3k worth of firearms in the burglary

he is called an irresponsible firearms owner

That thread is quite a thread.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Avs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Garrand posted:

something something mods knew? :shrug:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

something something mods knew? :shrug:

extending the bounds of mods knew comedy one completely incomprehensible joke at a time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Not if you're Aatrek

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am more afraid of the things mods don't know, to be honest.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Mods Don't Know Jack wasn't the best game in the franchise.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Mods Don't Know Jack wasn't the best game in the franchise.

Not if you’re aatrek

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

freeedr posted:

Not if you’re aatrek

:fry:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Are You Smarter Than A Mod!? was also equally ill received over complaints that it was too easy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

veni veni veni posted:

I've rewatched some of my favorites from my youth throughout this pandemic and for the most part they hold up as great. But I just rewatched The Mask and it is absolutely terrible. What an awful movie.

Boco_T posted:

somebody should have stopped you

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dameius posted:

Are You Smarter Than A Mod!? was also equally ill received over complaints that it was too easy.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Trazz posted:

So Ted Cruz is gonna be on the SCOTUS

This is NOT what I meant when I said I wanted the Zodiac Killer brought to Justice

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Maybe Beto finally has a chance...

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The rest of this year is going to be ruthless.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

My school appears to have a separate section for people that are the weird kids. And there's enough of them, that's for sure. And they all hang out together.

First, there's Doug Ellis. Or Jason. He goes by Jason now, and I don't know why. Anyways, he's this scrawny rat-faced gently caress, always seems to be wearing tight tight tight black jeans that could pass for being painted on his emaciated body, and a big bulky K-Mart style winter coat. He's just a general gently caress-up. Once, he walked up to me to inform me that his skanky and (believe it or not) also rat-faced sister was scared of me. Because, you know, I'm obviously concerned with the going-ons of the Incest Household.

He has a friend, named Mike Maroot, or Marut, or some similar spelling. This kid looks almost exactly like a fat Kurt Angle. Except for being a lot shorter, not shaving his head enough so that it looks like a chick's pubes when she's trying to make excuses for not shaving for a few weeks, and he's got more zits than a Linkin Park fan club meeting. And he thinks he's a bad-rear end. He acts like a general rear end in a top hat to everyone, throwing milk cartons. Once, one hit me and I told him that if another one hit me, I'd make him my prison bitch. I've been safe since then.

The only shame is that he and Doug don't have the same lunch anymore, like they did last year. Often Mike would sit down and meditate, like some sort of Burger King-sponsored Loser Buddha, and Doug would come up and antagonize him, resulting in a chase. Mike would run as fast as he could, and he would jiggle. Oh God, how he would jiggle. It was a natural force, I say, like the tides, or bird's migrating. No human could, or should, be able to jiggle like that.

Another weird-rear end bastard at the school is this guy named Ricky. I think he's a freshman, but I really don't (want) to know. He's about 5'11", thin, albino pale, and due to the flat top he had at the beginning of the year, looked exactly like Vanilla Ice. He occasionally picks fights with this chubby loser with a white guy afro, a high pitched voice, and an ear ring. These fights are brilliant. Ricky will stand there, like Concentration Camp Brock Lesnar, then take a step. Pause. And punch. It is seriously the single worst punch that I've ever seen in my life.

Then there were Liz, the school's resident goth chick, who graduated my Freshman year. Except that she was pretty cool, just weird in that she'd randomly scream out "anal sex." Actually, it was fun. It was fun to scream it out with her. I was that weird kid my freshman year. gently caress! Actually no, neither me nor her really fit the bill in that we didn't dress in K-Mart gear like all other weirdos seem too.

Fuckin' Reidsville.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:lmao:

That's a fantastic pun!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Edge of Adventure is infamous in the comic strip thread for its amateurish writing, heavy use of clip art and traced, pardon, light-boxed artwork.

Drakyn posted:

All of
the
pirates
are
women!

I have
gunned
down
several
of them!

Selachian posted:

this is just to say

i have gunned down
the pirates
that were robbing
the cargo ship

and who
were flying
impractical
backwards planes

forgive me
they were female
so posed
and so traced

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
PIRATE...is a WOMAN! with a ‘HOOK’

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think if they're actively robbing your ship they lose their defenseless civilian card

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Phlegmish posted:

I think if they're actively robbing your ship they lose their defenseless civilian card

I want to say something about the cops rn.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Outrail posted:

I want to say something about the cops rn.

Go ahead then. Cops are not civilians, that is the whole point.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

doverhog posted:

Go ahead then. Cops are not civilians, that is the whole point.

Huh, I thought cops were civilians. Welp

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Outrail posted:

They are they just like being called officer. Which you should never do.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

They are they just like being called officer. Which you should never do.

"Can I help you orificer?"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Outrail posted:

"Can I help you orificer?"

I barely know her! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Outrail posted:

I want to reinforce that cops are absolutely civilians, and the more they think of themselves as a military force and distinguish themselves from the general public the worse this problem is going to get.