Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Can Sony buy Capcom and reboot Dead Rising already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

There will probably be exclusive content, but it seems really dumb to limit your audience by making it exclusive. If Skyrim is any indication, they'll port it to everything they can and re-release it over and over again for 10+ years.

I consider no Elder Scrolls or Fallout on PlayStation to be a positive thing. Sony should have standards about what they allow on their console.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Microsoft thought those rumors of Sony buying Konami's game library were real and needed a way to one up them hard.

Sony buying Bluepoint actually makes a lot of sense. I'm betting it'll be their next big purchase after the Demon's Souls release.

eukara
Aug 5, 2014

Do you believe in life after bomb?
Time to speculate which studio Intellivision will buy for their Amico lineup

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Microsoft thought those rumors of Sony buying Konami's game library were real and needed a way to one up them hard.

Sony buying Bluepoint actually makes a lot of sense. I'm betting it'll be their next big purchase after the Demon's Souls release.

"big"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

all this talk about sony needing to buy somebody as some knee jerk reaction and yet they've already checkmated me with gran turismo and demons souls and god of war ragnarok

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bluepoint is incredibly insignificant (if talented) and basically only works with Sony these days anyway. No one would give a gently caress.

Buy Square and be done with it you cretins.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sony should buy me in a record deal that includes a reasonable yearly salary and health benefits.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Sony should buy me in a record deal that includes a reasonable yearly salary and health benefits.

I said come in! posted:

Sony should have standards about what they allow on their console.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is there a price on Spiderman Remastered by itself? Like, for if I buy the regular version of Miles Morales and then decide that I want Remastered later.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Cicero posted:

Is there a price on Spiderman Remastered by itself? Like, for if I buy the regular version of Miles Morales and then decide that I want Remastered later.

Just buy the ps4 version, you get the PS5 upgrade for free pretty sure.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just buy the ps4 version, you get the PS5 upgrade for free pretty sure.

i dont think thats true for marvel's spider man. only true for spiderman: miles morales

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

ethanol posted:

i dont think thats true for marvel's spider man. only true for spiderman: miles morales

Doesn't sound like it. Apparently saves for the PS4 game won't even carry over to the remaster

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

spiderman remastered is the perfect ps+ free game to wait for

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You sony fanboys have a lot to learn from Nintendo fanboys like me. If TES or Doom or Fallout or anything else becomes exclusive to Microsoft, I will teach you all how to realize you never liked those games and don't want them anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sony buy *rolls dice* devolver

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Super No Vacancy posted:

sony buy *rolls dice* devolver

Maybe this acquisition will help them up their presentation game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

il serpente cosmico posted:

If Sony buys FROM, we'll never get a new release from them running at 60FPS again.

So... nothing will change?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You sony fanboys have a lot to learn from Nintendo fanboys like me. If TES or Doom or Fallout or anything else becomes exclusive to Microsoft, I will teach you all how to realize you never liked those games and don't want them anyway.

Did you miss the reaction to the Obsidian buyout or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For whatever it's worth, Bloomberg agrees with me (and many others. I should probably stop framing this like I am the only one with this idea lol) .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/microsoft-s-bethesda-acquisition-paves-way-for-netflix-of-gaming?srnd=technology-vp

7.5 billion is just too drat much to push a consoles sales. They want to turn Game Pass into something huge. They want game pass everywhere, even playstation, and to give companies like Sony as little wiggle room as possible to say no.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

veni veni veni posted:

For whatever it's worth, Bloomberg agrees with me (and many others. I should probably stop framing this like I am the only one with this idea lol) .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/microsoft-s-bethesda-acquisition-paves-way-for-netflix-of-gaming?srnd=technology-vp

7.5 billion is just too drat much to push a consoles sales. They want to turn Game Pass into something huge. They want game pass everywhere, even playstation, and to give companies like Sony as little wiggle room as possible to say no.

I agree with you. I think in the immediate term they want to push consoles because it's a years long cycle that is too far along to *not* push them. But it seems pretty clear their GAAS aspirations are where it's at for the next 10-15 years.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Sony should buy Square Enix and reboot Deus Ex

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Bluepoint is great. They're the only studio that consistently does a good job with remasters and remakes. Since Sony's backcompat sucks, it would be good to get them on the payroll.

Someone needs to remaster / remake MGS4 at some point, right?

Actually, an MGS4 remake probably would never happen give the amount of performance capture and VO that would need to happen to make it look good and modern. A remaster should have happened by now, though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ZZZorcerer posted:

Sony should buy Square Enix and reboot Deus Ex

Please no. Just kill Avengers and give that money back to the DX team so they can finish the Jensen games.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Steve Yun posted:

SOTFS, DS3, and Sekiro all ran great at 60fps on PC at launch. All console versions have run at 30, which is where my comment came from.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 21, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I agree with you. I think in the immediate term they want to push consoles because it's a years long cycle that is too far along to *not* push them. But it seems pretty clear their GAAS aspirations are where it's at for the next 10-15 years.

Yeah, long term for sure. I'm sure the timing of the acquisition lining up perfectly with the launch of a new generation of consoles isn't a coincidence, and they do want to move Xboxs. But in the grand scheme of things I think Xbox is secondary to permeating the entire market by making their GAAS something you can't afford not to have.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Steve Yun posted:

Dark Souls 2, 3 and Sekiro run at a pretty solid 60 on my PC. :smuggo:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Netflix for gaming sounds like a loving awful future and Microsoft wanting it makes me hate them even more.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i doubt the penalties written into that contract accounted for this scenario though

What do you think "successors and assigns" clauses do?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Alright, well, with the Euro release date for PS5 being a week later than The Chosen Nations, I'm sure by the time I get mine I'll know what the Spider-man Remastered upgrade/purchase situation is.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rad Valtar posted:

Netflix for gaming sounds like a loving awful future and Microsoft wanting it makes me hate them even more.

Except gamepass is awesome and is a great value... sooooo?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rad Valtar posted:

My worry is that once they have a big enough stranglehold suddenly a lot of these games will only be available through an active subscription. Suddenly the games from the million studios MS has purchased aren't for sale anymore, they're available to subscribers and disappear the moment you unsubscribe.

BonoMan posted:

It is but I hate the idea of my entire gaming library one day being tied up in this ecosystem. Apple already managed to snare me with this poo poo.

stev fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 21, 2020

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

That article says Bethesda games still might end up on PS5 or Switch because exclusivity is secondary to the goal of expanding the Game Pass library, which I agree with. It says nothing about Game Pass on Playstation. That sounds unrealistic to me, I don't see how Sony allows a PSNow competitor onto its closed platform.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

stev posted:

My worry is that once they have a big enough stranglehold suddenly a lot of these games will only be available through an active subscription. Suddenly the games from the million studios MS has purchased aren't for sale anymore, they're available to subscribers and disappear the moment you unsubscribe.

Yeah this would suck.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

gamepass is fine while its charging me 5 bucks, the moment they say it goes up to 15 I'll cancel and just re-up if some game comes out I really want to play and cancel before the end of the month.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Rad Valtar posted:

Seize the means of gaming :ussr:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BonoMan posted:

It's going to kill gaming studios and make consumers think games have no value and exoect to pay nothing for individual games and never buy. You'll just subscribe and then get whatever they wanna give you, and then competing services will split the libraries and you'll have to get all of them.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

BonoMan posted:

Video game subscription services where they choose what goes on and off is loving stupid. I had Game Pass for a month and played almost nothing.

stev posted:

It is but I hate the idea of my entire gaming library one day being tied up in this ecosystem. Apple already managed to snare me with this poo poo.

Yep this is where I'm afraid this is all heading and it if does it's going to loving suck.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It’s going to be worse, they will have premium and nonpremium plans as well so you can’t play elder scrolls kind of games without paying extra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Getting everyone to go all digital is working so gamepass style services will come next.