Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

andromache posted:

If there's a secret to Delta squad I don't know what it is. I've been Sigma in my heart almost my entire swarm life.

I literally grew up on a goat farm. Where the gently caress else do you think I could end up.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again...In one age, called the Goat Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a Goon grew up on a goat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Base Emitter posted:

Any idea if its better to use skill extractors vs selling the chars?

Its going to take a lot longer to sell an entire character. With extractors its instant.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Base Emitter posted:

You'll usually get roughly extraction value give or take 5% on the bazaar, but you have to buy the extractors, extract, and sell them, and deal with all the movement and market tax and stuff. If you have decent and consistent skills for a certain thing, say flying a titan you'll probably get more on the bazaar, since injecting gives you less SP as you inject more/have more SP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

andromache posted:

If there's a secret to Delta squad I don't know what it is. I've been Sigma in my heart almost my entire swarm life.

I literally grew up on a goat farm. Where the gently caress else do you think I could end up.

Uhh New Zealand I guess? Or like maybe your own goat farm?

Maybe a big city? Anywhere really

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

andromache posted:

Goonwaffe is actually active as gently caress right now. I would have agreed with this statement prior to the war, but today, for example, I helped a group of Goons start the process of restarting Delta squad.

Goonwaffe is a solid #2 behind KF right now in raw activity and as far as jabber presence, they may be dominating the conversation in a lot of channels, because you know, goons and shutting the gently caress up are pretty much antithetical.

I always feel bad for the ascee dudes when gewns join the hellcamp channel and start talking about forums poo poo that they don’t get

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
theres a reason all the best goons have been deltas. the secret is real, and youll never know it

remedial
karttoon
brobuck
twigand berries
stampert (#1)
trzzbk

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'

Base Emitter posted:

If extractors are 300mil and injectors are 500mil for 500k sp. It appears to be .60 isk for every skillpoint. I've seen on the megathreads in char bazaar, their buying chars around .60-.65 isk per sp.
I haven't logged in to check, but if theres broker's fees, etc when buying and selling injectors in game then it would worth more to sell on the bazaar if you don't mind the character transfer fee.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Dalmuti posted:

theres a reason all the best goons have been deltas. the secret is real, and youll never know it

remedial
karttoon
brobuck
twigand berries
stampert (#1)
trzzbk

remedial is a real piece of poo poo, otherwise agreed.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hey some guy on reddit posted about how they are about to obliterate goons and drive us from delve. Can you guys hold them off till like next week when I get back?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Hey some guy on reddit posted about how they are about to obliterate goons and drive us from delve. Can you guys hold them off till like next week when I get back?

They still have to deal with the grid that is the Dyson sphere

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

I once made 600m isk in 30 seconds of trading. Someone sold me a set of 5 Ice Harvester Drones to my buy order. I relisted them for a healthy profit, and they sold almost instantly. Poor guy should have listed them himself :v:

A typical day I would make about 1b, and that's with logging in 10-12 times per day to update orders. It took about 10min to update the orders.

Isnt the issue with trading figuring out whats worth buying and selling tho?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

andromache posted:

... because you know, goons and shutting the gently caress up are pretty much antithetical.

:justpost:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Stereotype posted:

Outside observer still but the goalposts already got moved from burning Delve down to winning one strategic victory. Now they can walk it back since they've got their "mission accomplished" banner

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dalael posted:

it's easy

does an item have a high buy-sell disparity, reasonable volume of sales (i.e. the daily average is usually not completely bottomed out at the buy order price), and is priced within your budget of isk you can safely lose? then it's worth trading.

obviously this is not the only way to trade but it is a simple formula that is a hundred times better than shooting at rocks or rats for your first few hundred million. once you have even a few million isk it is possible to, say, buy a module at 20m and sell it at 70m. now if you're new you're probably saying, "what? why would anyone sell it to me at 20m when the sell orders are for 70m? this sounds fishy" but you've just not been exposed to high sec people for long enough. a mission runner will absolutely slam that big SELL button as fast as possible on all of their loot and not even look at the sell orders, someone popping into jita with a burning need for a pricy shield booster isn't waiting around on a buy order, and your profit comes from bridging the laziness of the first guy with the urgency of the second guy.

the eve market, even jita, is small enough that it's hugely inefficient and weird despite being more immediately transparent than any real-world market. it is not hard to identify a profitable item. eve traders have always acted as though there's some secret sauce to their activities and it's to cover up the fact that if the average high sec player was 20% more market-aware a huge amount of profit would vanish immediately

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 22, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

To be honest I made 80% of my isk with excavator drones. That's the secret sauce, I always mention it and the market never crashes or anything :shrug:

It's because you need to be able to slam down 4b+ all at once if you want to buy someone's drones, and lots of people can't risk that much isk at once. But my most profitable days came when 3-4 people would sell me a set of drones. My entire wallet would be tied up in 20 excavator drones until they sold. But they always did!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 22, 2020

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Grath Telkin is also in GSF ITYOOL 2020, though I don't actually think he does anything. Elo Knight is leading fleets fairly regularly.

Grath put his current role in the war the best way possible while making GBS threads on piggles on reddit the other day.

Grath Telkin posted:

The only time in history i worked against you, you got blasted out of Delve like a rocket ship, along with your trash can alliance, so maybe be happy i spend my days telling stories to the wee babies and rocking in my chair.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalmuti posted:

remedial
karttoon
brobuck
twigand berries
stampert (#1)
trzzbk

trzzbk didnt ban bfm from sa when everything broke so he sucks

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
So, I activated my account because my son did see me playing this game for 12 years or so. He want's to play this game now.

Now I have to teach him scamming, ganking, ninja salvaging etc. I am a good daddy.
But I have some capital ships still in Delve and other whatever stuff. Also some capitals moved over to Irmalin (Khanid) due the safety asset thingy.

I was planning to put this stuff on contracts-market I have also a fitted wyvern in 1dq.

In my time trading supers was only allowed within the Imperium true the capitalforums.

Is there a player I can contract it too within the Imperium with to much isk on his hand. Otherwise I will dump it on the contract-market in general.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Orions Lord posted:

So, I activated my account because my son did see me playing this game for 12 years or so. He want's to play this game now.

Now I have to teach him scamming, ganking, ninja salvaging etc. I am a good daddy.
But I have some capital ships still in Delve and other whatever stuff. Also some capitals moved over to Irmalin (Khanid) due the safety asset thingy.

I was planning to put this stuff on contracts-market I have also a fitted wyvern in 1dq.

In my time trading supers was only allowed within the Imperium true the capitalforums.

Is there a player I can contract it too within the Imperium with to much isk on his hand. Otherwise I will dump it on the contract-market in general.

given the recent mineral changes i would super duper recommend sitting on it so it balloons back to 30b instead of the current 12b it's worth

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

given the recent mineral changes i would super duper recommend sitting on it so it balloons back to 30b instead of the current 12b it's worth

Ah that explains why I could't find the supers on contract (with a normal pricetag).
Thanks.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Orions Lord posted:

I am a good daddy.

So your first deed will be to sponsor your son into Goonwaffe?

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

So your first deed will be to sponsor your son into Goonwaffe?

I don’t think that’s what one would normally call good

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I was making the mistake of letting my kid play Eve I would at least start them out in the least lovely way possible :v:

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

I’ve been in some fun loving fleets the past few days and haven’t experienced any salt. 🤔

Finally getting Jackdaws trained has added to more ways for me to inevitably land on grid and get primaried as an A-name-haver.

Up next, Munnin training, or maybe a slippery Pete.

And I got a medal for returning to the game. Thanks Goonfleet :3:

There were two fleets that stand out to me, one where someone got a bit racist about Germans and that went a bit out of control and another where people were getting quite salty about the FC not wanting to engage when we were outnumbered 2:1 when the objective was already lost.

Not every fleet is like it, I've been on plenty that have been fun too, I just feel like some people need to chill out a bit about things.

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

Severing posted:

There were two fleets that stand out to me, one where someone got a bit racist about Germans and that went a bit out of control and another where people were getting quite salty about the FC not wanting to engage when we were outnumbered 2:1 when the objective was already lost.

Not every fleet is like it, I've been on plenty that have been fun too, I just feel like some people need to chill out a bit about things.

Was it the Sacs fleet to save a rorq?

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

AeroZ posted:

Was it the Sacs fleet to save a rorq?

That was the latter one yeah.

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

Severing posted:

That was the latter one yeah.
I kind of get why people were salty. The FC saw how many people were in fleet and he probably had the intel about how many enemies we were going to face. After jumping in the rorq was alive for some time while we just orbited the citadel. I think this could’ve been avoided if the FC decided to just stand down before jumping in and watching the rorq die.

Maybe it’s just me but it seems that after the PAPI keepstar got anchored or due to reduced SRP or both (or due to something else) we fail to fill up even the very few fleets that are pinged (at least during the time I can play).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

I'll hold them down until you get back and I can tag you in

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
Anyone else playing pocket eve and eve at the same time? There is nothing like sitting in tidi in eve and ratting in pocket eve.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Kungfu Trader posted:

Anyone else playing pocket eve and eve at the same time? There is nothing like sitting in tidi in eve and ratting in pocket eve.

i played for about 3 weeks. There was, predictably goon drama in pocket eve, and I have not picked it up since. Seemed ok though.

Also, read the PGL Legacy "update" today and lmao. holy poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Loky11 posted:

i played for about 3 weeks. There was, predictably goon drama in pocket eve, and I have not picked it up since. Seemed ok though.

Also, read the PGL Legacy "update" today and lmao. holy poo poo.

You can't mention an update and not link it for us who refuse to touch reddit

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

iospace posted:

https://pastebin.com/FCSE1iwh

Otacon fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 22, 2020

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

iospace posted:

Otacon linked it for your reading "pleasure" but it's brain-melting, so I didn't link it. Soz.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

All I wanna know is how come nobody told me we were flat broke?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

if you don't want to click on a TEST server link: https://pastebin.com/FCSE1iwh

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Holy poo poo that is a lot of words that I am not going to read. TLDR it for me ty

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Otacon posted:

All I wanna know is how come nobody told me we were flat broke?

I don't know poo poo about GSF finances but in general the way this stuff works in Eve is absolutely no one will say anything until you are flat broke.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

if you don't want to click on a TEST server link: https://pastebin.com/FCSE1iwh

Good call, I've edited my post

MaxPowers posted:

Holy poo poo that is a lot of words that I am not going to read. TLDR it for me ty

Goons are lying, are poor, don't understand TiDi, and are on the verge of losing Delve. (Also Elo Knight came up with the boson trap idea?)

Basically it's liquified pureed GRRGOONS but in 10,000 words

Otacon fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 22, 2020

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

MaxPowers posted:

tl;dr: PAPI is winning because of their numbers, Elo is carrying goons, Goons are running out of isk because their shitstack SRP have been lowered (not doctrine SRP btw), After 5 month they are finally in delve doing massive fight as promised ! The boson trap was stupid and a total failure but it was well plan thanks to elo. Goons narrative is poo poo and goons are stupid they don't mind about tidi while PAPI are constantly talking about it.

That's what I get from it anyway

edit - outsider from the war looking in

captainclaw fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Short version: Goons bad at eve. PAPI good at eve.