Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

You know, after watching Nemesis and Picard I think Olmos would have made more sense as Picard and Stewart would have been a better Adama.

I could see Patrick Stuart saying "ZOOM IN ON THE COCK" like Olmos did when filming the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
There's no need to zoom in; he's seen everything.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Season 3 would have just been them driving dune buggies everywhere

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WilWheaton posted:

Season 3 would have just been them driving dune buggies everywhere

Also Adama would have been the one to hook up with Six in the final season instead of Tigh.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The finale would have been Stewart fistfighting Dean Stockwell on the top of a quarry cliff edge.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

CPColin posted:

I'm surprised the Time's Arrow haters haven't burst in yet!

I can't hate Time's Arrow because it has Brent Spiner playing Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream and I will forever love that and David Xanatos I mean Riker, talking to Titania.

Alchenar posted:

The finale would have been Stewart fistfighting Dean Stockwell on the top of a quarry cliff edge.

i really want this in Picard season 2.

V-Men fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 29, 2020

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Patrick Stewart beating a cylon to death with a flashlight would require a lot more suspension of disbelief than watching EJO do it.

Similarly, EJO wouldn't need Kirk's help in slapping down Soren.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Patrick Stewart beating a cylon to death with a flashlight would require a lot more suspension of disbelief than watching EJO do it.

This scene is perfect illustration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdp-yKvTT-I

Change a few lines and this is Adama talking about the Cylons and his experience in the last war.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

nine-gear crow posted:

You're kinda hosed up if you actually legitimately like Code of Honor :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAUKRLELGvc&t=76s

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Similarly, EJO wouldn't need Kirk's help in slapping down Soren.

I forgot how yoked Olmos was in BSG. He had them big guns out in the boxing episode

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Wait, is it yoked or yolked?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, is it yoked or yolked?

Yoked. Like the thing that goes over animals shoulders when they are pulling a cart.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
are humans the only species capable of diplomacy like good lord

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Verviticus posted:

are humans the only species capable of diplomacy like good lord

Saru did most of the diplomacy.

Edit:

I thought this was the modern thread and talking about the episode, nvm.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 30, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I watched this a few days ago but keep forgetting to post. Just one more TOS episode left....

All Our Yesterdays- What a strange episode. It's the only one of the entire series that takes place completely off of the Enterprise. We're very quickly shoved into this situation where people on a planet in a solar system that is about to go nova are fleeing to the past history of their planet to escape (which is a decent concept). However, what we actually get is disappointing. Only two time periods are shown, one being some kind of Spanish Inquisition era where Kirk gets branded a witch and is going to be executed for witchcraft. The other is the one we spend more time in, which is the planet's ice age with Spock, McCoy, and the female lead of the episode. It's really not at all explained, but apparently by going back 5000 years into the past, Spock starts to 'devolve' into an ancient warlike Vulcan. McCoy is not affected in the same way, which is also never explained. When the three of them first go back into the past, somehow they can communicate with each other even though they are in different time periods? For an episode with a good concept, it's just not very interesting. They never really learn much about the planet before they have to flee from the supernova. Spock spends a lot of the episode being an rear end in a top hat which is magically cured when he returns to the present.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just one more TOS episode left....

Oh boy.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I watched this a few days ago but keep forgetting to post. Just one more TOS episode left....

All Our Yesterdays- What a strange episode. It's the only one of the entire series that takes place completely off of the Enterprise. We're very quickly shoved into this situation where people on a planet in a solar system that is about to go nova are fleeing to the past history of their planet to escape (which is a decent concept). However, what we actually get is disappointing. Only two time periods are shown, one being some kind of Spanish Inquisition era where Kirk gets branded a witch and is going to be executed for witchcraft. The other is the one we spend more time in, which is the planet's ice age with Spock, McCoy, and the female lead of the episode. It's really not at all explained, but apparently by going back 5000 years into the past, Spock starts to 'devolve' into an ancient warlike Vulcan. McCoy is not affected in the same way, which is also never explained. When the three of them first go back into the past, somehow they can communicate with each other even though they are in different time periods? For an episode with a good concept, it's just not very interesting. They never really learn much about the planet before they have to flee from the supernova. Spock spends a lot of the episode being an rear end in a top hat which is magically cured when he returns to the present.

Did you get the joke with the name of the Librarian guy?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Starfleet won't let me--a woman--captain a starship, so I'm going to steal my old friend Jim Kirk's body and use his penis to prove that women can totally be captains too. Oh no I've gone crazy because women can't handle real power. [SHOW CANCELLED]

What a great note to end your inclusive, optimistic vision of the future on, Gene :thumbsup:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Astroman posted:

No but I read about it after the fact.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Astroman posted:

Goddamnit.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Starfleet won't let me--a woman--captain a starship, so I'm going to steal my old friend Jim Kirk's body and use his penis to prove that women can totally be captains too. Oh no I've gone crazy because women can't handle real power. [SHOW CANCELLED]

It is a little known fact that starships require the Captain to physically insert his penis into the ignition chamber to start the warp reaction in Spacedock.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Sash! posted:

It is a little known fact that starships require the Captain to physically insert his penis into the ignition chamber to start the warp reaction in Spacedock.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sash! posted:

Something something, Geordi hosed the warp core.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So you're saying that Geordi heard that Kirk's true love was his ship and took it literally.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I just got through Code of Honour. The main plot's not super great but there's still lots of nice interactions between the crew, like the French being a dead language and this is becoming a speech scenes, and that's really what I'm watching the show for.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-G4IxROj3k

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHx7fiLEow

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Knock Voyager all you want, but their intro has always been top notch.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

drat.

The Voyager intro fuckin owns. I love the part of the music starting around 55 secs in.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i like every star trek intro, even enterprise

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Hehe they didn't replicate the reflection in the rings that made the planet super tiny.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

piratepilates posted:

Knock Voyager all you want, but their intro has always been top notch.

90’s Trek intro quality is always the inverse of the show’s actual quality.

TNG: the middle ground, solid show solid intro
DS9: boring rear end intro that got worse when they changed it up, great show that got better when they changed it up
Voyager: S-tier intro, D-tier show

Then, every post-2001 series has an intro that mirrors the shows themselves.

Enterprise: there’s good-to-great stuff in there but someone let a milquetoast TV exec make the important choices
Discovery: sounds good at first, but then you realize it never finds a central theme and just meanders around
Picard: starts strong, good nuggets buried in there, but ultimately it’s another mess
Lower Decks: oh man have you heard STAR TREK MUSIC before because this poo poo is some STAR TREK rear end MUSIC and also here’s some weak jokes
Orville: hey guys I would also like to be a STAR TREK and maybe a GALAXY QUEST too for good measure

So really, every intro is perfect.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Boxturret posted:

Hehe they didn't replicate the reflection in the rings that made the planet super tiny.

Or Voyager casting a shadow in the light from the solar eclipse.

Ursula Le Goon
Jan 3, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-oRAcb6YaE

Archer's Theme is the true intro theme to Enterprise :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

If it had been used I assume it would've been a slightly more bombastic arrangement for the opening credits version.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Or Voyager casting a shadow in the light from the solar eclipse.

I'm a little sad, I loved that shot.

It could happen if there's a high density of space dust in the region.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
The DS9 theme is better sped up with the backing beat.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MikeJF posted:

If it had been used I assume it would've been a slightly more bombastic arrangement for the opening credits version.

Power-ballad style electric guitar and a full brass section isn't bombastic enough for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

I... like Enterprise now?? :psyduck: