Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1323820047912099841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Meatball posted:

How the gently caress can look at donald trump and see all that hes done to this country and say "yeah another four years of that please"

Who would have thought that you could neg an entire country to vote for you?

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i doubt he loses but the fact that it's this close is disgusting. the democrats must be destroyed.

Agreed. The house is secure, senate pickups are happening (Colorado already called) and Biden still has the best path to the White House. But even assuming the win, Democrats desperately needs to do some major soul-searching rather than assuming their left and/or minority wings can be appeased only with a symbolic Vice-President nod. And if they lose against Trump? 2016 you could maybe claim people didn't know what they were getting, but no one on the left or right can say that in 2020. It'd be a pathetic showing and a hard comeback.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bashez posted:

Is Biden going to pick up any states Clinton lost and which ones? It's looking like only Pennsylvania to me.

Rachel Maddow on MSNBC literally said about five minutes ago "So far nothing has changed from 2016 at all." So, yeah, 2016-2 is chugging along nicely so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hahahaha oh gently caress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

But but this is different than 3016 because reasons
tell us what the 3016 election is like

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Yeah I'm going to stop looking at the data now, this is deeply depressing.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Glumwheels posted:

This country is hosed, he’s going to embrace herd immunity and we’re going to have 400k people dead.

Lol try 8 million, that's 2.5%

Winning!!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

adoration for none posted:

Economics apparently matters more than identity for a sizeable number of minority voters.

The notoriously pro-POC economic policies of Donald Trump WOULD make sense as a swaying factor.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Supposedly the main outstanding votes in OH right now are in the cities so it's going to be very close

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

tell us what the 3016 election is like

President Baron's AI Consciousness is doing great

Gadfly
Dec 21, 2018

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact."

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1323820379580911618

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

POLLS ARE loving BULLSHIT AND WORTHLESS AND I AM NEVER TRUSTING ONE EVER AGAIN

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bashez posted:

Is Biden going to pick up any states Clinton lost and which ones? It's looking like only Pennsylvania to me.

Wisconsin?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Has nothing to do with what I said (and as pointed out Biden also is for a $15/hr minimum wage) so...ok?
my point was that it doesn't matter if a congressional amendment was actually impossible, people want to be sold the idea of something.

and again, most people don't care about policy. Biden being for $15/hr minimum wage is different from someone like Bernie actually selling the idea to the people.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

sexpig by night posted:

President Baron's AI Consciousness is doing great

Only 3 billion dead from the space plague when they predicted 10 billion. We're turning the corner.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Schumer zero for a billion when it comes to handpicked senate candidates.

God, I really hope Dan Forrest doesn't pull it out.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sanguinia posted:

The notoriously pro-POC economic policies of Donald Trump WOULD make sense as a swaying factor.

What exactly has Biden offered that isn't means tested tax credits by another name?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Kirios posted:

I thought everyone learned this four years ago?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FZeroRacer posted:

my point was that it doesn't matter if a congressional amendment was actually impossible, people want to be sold the idea of something.

and again, most people don't care about policy. Biden being for $15/hr minimum wage is different from someone like Bernie actually selling the idea to the people.

So basically we come back to a question I asked four years ago "do we just lie to people and expect that to not backfire?"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Meatball posted:

How the gently caress can look at donald trump and see all that hes done to this country and say "yeah another four years of that please"

Who was put up to run against him?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
At this point regardless of who wins statisticians are going to be poring over this for years because what the gently caress went wrong with extrapolations this time around? It's nowhere close to Biden+10

Happening in two major Presidential elections in a row says to me that the entire methodology is just broken and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
checking in from Canada---Trump is doing well? Or is it too early to know?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1323814649888935936?s=20

Trump has underperformed in these kinds of places compared to 2016 which is why it's so close

Hey, my home county. gently caress you, Wooster. gently caress you, WayCo.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

jet sanchEz posted:

Better than expected but too early to know if that's enough.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

jet sanchEz posted:

Flip a coin, the only thing that can be said is it's not going to be a blowout either way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kirios posted:

Polls are good. E-voting is bad and is not to be trusted. Ever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

jet sanchEz posted:

Still too early to know no matter what anyone here says.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jet sanchEz posted:

It's feeling pretty 2016 down here at the moment

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

nah posted:

There’s so much time left lol

There is, what with mail-ins and contested ballots, but ah, so be so vindicated in the worst possible fashion,

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

berserker posted:

At this point regardless of who wins statisticians are going to be poring over this for years because what the gently caress went wrong with extrapolations this time around? It's nowhere close to Biden+10

Happening in two major Presidential elections in a row says to me that the entire methodology is just broken and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I'm kinda irrationally angry at how wrong the polls are this year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jet sanchEz posted:

I'd still want to be Biden at this exact second but it's gonna be close either way, is the simplest way of putting it.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

So basically we come back to a question I asked four years ago "do we just lie to people and expect that to not backfire?"
considering we're repeating what happened four years ago and the best candidate the dems had in recent history did just that, uh

maybe? someone can actually believe it and make attempts to make it happen which matters more to people than telling the truth that nothing will ever change and your life will always be poo poo

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

jet sanchEz posted:

He is out-performing the polls but it's still too early to tell who wins. Definitely no Dem landslide.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

skylined! posted:

The hope is PA, WI and MI for a win.

I understand what the hope is. 4 years ago the thread sat around saying big counties report later and Clinton will overtake Trump while the vote got continually redder like it almost always does and I'm seeing the same thing happen. The first election I watched Kerry jump out to a lead and watching everything bleed out to Bush.

Milwaukee and Dane are already reporting and Biden is losing the state. Why is this going to get any closer?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

jet sanchEz posted:

Too early, it's just not a Biden blowout, but the most important states can go either way.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It turns out Trump's tactics of loudly whining and bragging and lying on twitter in the last few days was effective.

He doesn't have any dignity and that may ha e won him the election.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

jet sanchEz posted:

It honestly is too early to know, but a lot of the early ways of shutting down Trump seem to have passed by. I'm not ready to panic yet but I will, and have, said that we likely won't have a winner tonight. The fight is gonna come down to Pennsylvania. Again.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Endorph posted:

I'd still want to be Biden at this exact second but it's gonna be close either way, is the simplest way of putting it.

This is how I'm feeling too. It's gonna be an absolute squeaker of an election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
SC Senate called for Lindsey Graham which sucks rear end infinitely.