Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Pick posted:

Biden did turn people out. Turnout of dems is super high.

Trump just ALSO turned out people.

Both are huge Trump turnouts for/against him. Biden is an irrelevant wet noodle in this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
I don't see how Biden makes up his deficit in PA with what's left, he'll be 1-200k votes short still. Ugh.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Angry_Ed posted:

My hometown consistently votes red cause it's a bunch of stupid assholes, and now I live in the district that can't elect anyone more left than Seth Moulton :barf:

Massachusetts is decorum-poisoned.

I am salty about Question 2 losing. Mostly becuase looking at the returns the Question 2 people forgot to target mill cities.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I’m here for that power struggle that’s going to happen over the next four years inside the republican party.

The Trump kids are absolutely going to try to follow in their father‘s footsteps and I would imagine there is probably a lot of people not interested in seeing that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

you know, plenty of people over the years have criticized the chuds over the years for "voting against their self-interest" (including myself), but i think an uncomfortable truth we may need to hear is that, they are in fact, voting IN their self-interest. trump owning the libs, is as important to them as is keeping their health insurance. yes, MAYBE they will get to a point where their material conditions get bad enough that they will vote democrat, but trump being the personification of the conservative id is enough to make them support him, regardless of the damage he may do to them.

I think it's more that they don't necessarily agree that policies described as being in their interest will actually benefit them. American politics have become utterly defined by trust issues, and alternative media has splendidly taken advantage of that.

I think that the whole "voting against their self-interest" premise is just an attempt to hide from the truth. It's not that conservative voters prefer to be poor as long as they can own the libs, it's that they think the libs are trying to drive everyone into poverty and therefore owning them (even if it's painful in the short-term) is the only way to open up a road to riches. But that's an issue that goes well beyond electoral politics, and has sunk deeply into the fabric of American society.

jesucristo
May 6, 2005

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

After he’s out of the White House his handlers will be gone and it will be possible to interact directly with him by trolling his tweets with burner accounts.

If he's no longer President of the United States of America, will Twitter finally ban him or will they just come up
with another excuse why he doesn't have to follow the ToS?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, look. Actual, real deal, election fraud.

Every state D party affected, in a state that doesn't allow late arriving mail ballots, needs to sue to be allowed to count those ballots.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There's going to be an unending flood of misinformation about fake votes etc. lol

even if Trump wins, then it'll be "It was close only because they cheated"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Rides Naked posted:

Isn't that the definition of "voting against their interests"

No. It's just a misunderstanding by the people who say it as to what their interests actually are and how they prioritize them.

(Some actually ARE voting against their interests because they got stuck in the right wing media bubble and disconnected from reality, and are voting for things they think they're voting against. But most? Most of them have "emotional/identity validation" and "hurt their enemies" and the like as their most important interests)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rides Naked posted:

Isn't that the definition of "voting against their interests"

Only if you have terminal neolib brain and think people's interests begin and end with cash.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

spunkshui posted:

I’m here for that power struggle that’s going to happen over the next four years inside the republican party.

The Trump kids are absolutely going to try to follow in their father‘s footsteps and I would imagine there is probably a lot of people not interested in seeing that.

I don't think they'll go anywhere. Kennedy the clinton's and Jeb! Have shown the one thing both sides can agree on is that political dynasty's belong in the trash.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ZZZorcerer posted:

even if Trump wins, then it'll be "It was close only because they cheated"

They'll be right, just not in the way they mean.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

fadam posted:

Not to be a wonk, but I think this is probably perfect for Trump. He doesn't have to be president anymore, and he has a plausible reason (for his fans, anyway) for why he lost.

Trump himself won’t see it that way, but he scored a big victory today. Trumpism has been vindicated. He beat long odds once, did everything in his power to lose, and came alarmingly close to winning again outright. Plus the Republicans still have the Senate.

Anyone hoping for a shift in Republican strategy can put that out of their head. He laid out the path for minority rule for a generation and were stuck with his legacy long after he dies.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/LiamWBZ/status/1324007227582259200

Jesus loving Christ.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo. They did. They put in the fix.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, I think that was most of the story. Turnout was huge, and rather than the excess vote being heavily D as usual, there were a whole bunch of chuds that came out of nowhere.

I said it last night, look at a map of Texas in 2016 and compare it to last night. Hover over some of the districts. Biden's pickups in Dallas are massive. He went from a Trump +10 in 2016 to dead even. He flipped 2 counties around Austin. Harris county was pretty meh all things considered. Biden did struggle on the southern part of the state, but the Dallas numbers are absolutely incredible.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

This is a real nail-biter, but the biggest surprise is how poorly the dems are doing in the Senate races, arguably more important for us than the presidency. If McConnell keeps his majority then nothing will ever get done during Biden's term and we'll just keep spinning wheels endlessly in Washington.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pick posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Holy gently caress.

Shout that poo poo from the rooftops

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Do we have any source to support this? And does he mean 27% were never sent to the recipients, or never sent back after?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus. If nothing else the GOP has successfully killed any possible trust in mail-in ballots.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zotix posted:

I said it last night, look at a map of Texas in 2016 and compare it to last night. Hover over some of the districts. Biden's pickups in Dallas are massive. He went from a Trump +10 in 2016 to dead even. He flipped 2 counties around Austin. Harris county was pretty meh all things considered. Biden did struggle on the southern part of the state, but the Dallas numbers are absolutely incredible.

Even in Florida its loving bizarre. Biden ran ahead of Hillary everywhere except Miami-Dade.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Seyser Koze posted:

At this point Biden winning may be the worse outcome. The only way 2022 isn't a slaughter is if Trump is the one holding the bag.

I would have said that once, but seeing how strong his performance was in this election, getting rid of him is the best option. I do think he has a certain magnetism that other Republicans just don't.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Holy poo poo, this whole thread:

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1324004554485211136

https://twitter.com/LiamWBZ/status/1324007227582259200

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

These need to be counted. It’s not the voters fault.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pick posted:

I just shouted Jesus Christ here at work

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Even in Florida its loving bizarre. Biden ran ahead of Hillary everywhere except Miami-Dade.

see above tweet

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus. If nothing else the GOP has successfully killed any possible trust in mail-in ballots.

That was the goal.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

about 500k absentee ballots were mailed in maine, and only 27k? or so didn't send their ballots in on time

you 27 thousand lazy pieces of poo poo, grrr

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Put dejoy in loving jail.

I’m so loving tired of our administration breaking laws.

I am so incredibly loving tired

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spunkshui posted:

Put dejoy i. loving jail.

I’m so loving tired of our administration breaking laws.

I am so incredibly loving tired

No. Jail is too good for the treasonous gently caress.

Put him in Gitmo.

I'm not even joking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zore posted:

WEIRD

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
This is why a lot of the time I ignore the whole "The Dems failed to enthuse the voters to GOTV because they're bad" takes, because holy gently caress is there ever a massive maching putting their thumb on the scale to disenfranchise, cheat and steal every single vote they can to win. Something I guarantee the Dems don't do back.

If they manage to squeak in the Senate, the Democrats have to go all out and smash the gently caress out of the GOP with all the might they can muster. The GOP won't ever stop trying this poo poo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Zore posted:

https://imgur.com/a/UFsEiKd

Look at the comparisons I did last night in there. The order didn't show up properly like it did last night so you'll need to scroll a little to compare, but he made huge strides there.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Angry_Ed posted:

No. Jail is too good for the treasonous gently caress.

Put him in Gitmo.

I'm not even joking.

LOL. Who is going to hold him accountable?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

D1E posted:

NY AG probably.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

D1E posted:

Well, he won't be the head of the postal service in January likely, and a DoJ investigation is likely.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Biden needs to prosecute the trump administration the microsecond he gets into office

if he lets them get away with this then dems have pretty much given up on this country.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm glad they're following up on this, at least. I was legitimately worried that the USPS was going to ignore a court order and that that would be the end of it.

Ninja edit: 27% of mail-in ballots not being delivered in southern Florida. :popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, I think that was most of the story. Turnout was huge, and rather than the excess vote being heavily D as usual, there were a whole bunch of chuds that came out of nowhere.

this close election demonstrates that almost half of america is on board with trump and his behavior and policies. we just showed the world who we truly are.