Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I'm reminded of the church policy later in the "His Dark Materials" trilogy for pre-forgiveness, as in "getting extra forgiveness ahead of time against your future sins." Obviously the character where this was relevant was a church assassin. It's fiction in the book, but I don't think there's any real daylight between that and "everything's forgiven after the fact" in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

I think there is a school that believes in universal salvation whatever you do but they generally don't say "so do lots of sin" they seem to take the atheist approach of maybe try and be good regardless.

This is actually the doctrine of the ELCA Lutheran church I grew up in, which despite the name is very progressive politically. Universal salvation, and you try to be a good person who is worthy and deserving of that grace. Out of gratitude, if nothing else.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“Jesus forgave my past sin which means I can UNLIMITED SIN and have the forgiveness retroactively applied” is a take of Christianity I haven’t heard before

I know plenty of southern baptists who believe that as long as they’re “born again”, all sins are forgiven no matter what.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

empty baggie posted:

I know plenty of southern baptists who believe that as long as they’re “born again”, all sins are forgiven no matter what.

Yeah that was the attitude I heard growing up in Texas. Though I was raised Catholic which has some uh... Different rules about who can get saved and why

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
HUGE EXCLUSIVE: Michigan AG Dana Nessel Sends Cease and Desist Order to Journalist Demanding He Erase His #DetroitLeaks Video Showing Voter Fraud Training — OR FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION

quote:

To: conservativepoet
If it is found that they cheated, they are going to die and they know it. Yes, they are afraid.

3 posted on 11/9/2020, 5:49:19 PM by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin (Freedom is the freedom to discipline yourself so others don't have to do it for you.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MeneMeneTekelUpharsin
They have been cheating for a while. Watching America mask up with the #global reset virus, was like blood in the water. They are just warming up, they are not afraid. They have all the backing of the armed forces. Even NOAA and the dept of ed has better weapons than we do.

36 posted on 11/9/2020, 6:01:05 PM by momincombatboots (Ephesians 6... who you are really at war with)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

RATS are starting to lose it!

11 posted on 11/9/2020, 5:52:28 PM by LoveMyFreedom

quote:

Listen you Communist SOB. That true report is following 1st amendment. Do we have anyone with weapoms that can be his bodyguard. Gestapo may have to be stopped. I am against police being shot, but these aren;t police if they try to enforce

41 posted on 11/9/2020, 6:03:43 PM by BigEdLB (BigedLB, Russian BOT, At your service)

quote:

Nessel is a true Nazi. She and the other Frau, Heil Whitmer are two of a kind. Add in the SOS (Benson) and you have a triumvirate of evil over Michigan. There is no way Biden won here. No way. Enthusiasm for Trump was in the Exosphere. None for Biden. And Whitmer is detested here.

Something happened but what... I’m not sure.

44 posted on 11/9/2020, 6:04:45 PM by Tuxedo (Let's Finish This)

quote:

To: Tuxedo
“...There is no way Biden won here. No way. Enthusiasm for Trump was in the Exosphere. None for Biden. And Whitmer is detested here. Something happened but what... I’m not sure...”

It’s called Hammer & Scorecard software.
There was another post on here that showed real time vote counts in MI. At 5:12am, they started deleting votes by the 100,000s and added about half of em back in...assuming for Biden.
Whoever authorized this, should be crapping in their panties about now and should be facing a death penalty sentence for it.

70 posted on 11/09/2020 6:16:15 PM PST by lgjhn23 (Libs are a virus.....the DemoVirus!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Tuxedo
It is Soros and Clinton money tied AG’s and SOS’s across the nation who are now tearing it apart.

Just as they planned!

Even many pro-Trump voters are now so civics illiterate, they cannot understand why all of this election mess is happening.

I have spoken with good, well meaning, Trump voters in the past few days, who no literally nothing about our government, and system functions, or our elections actually work.

And these are young white voters!

76 posted on 11/09/2020 6:22:46 PM PST by patriotfury ((May the fleas of a thousand camels occupy mo' ham mads tents!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

HAHAHAHAHA - it’s all over Telegram and Parler!!!

They actually think they can control the content on the internet!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If it’s true just ignore the order. Embrace the suck. We are now watching with even more focus.

84 posted on 11/9/2020, 6:37:10 PM by fuzzylogic (welfare state = sharing of poor moral choices among everybody)

quote:

Banana republic b*tch needs a date with the Spandau Ballet.

92 posted on 11/9/2020, 7:06:26 PM by kiryandil (Chris Wallace: Because someone has to drive the Clown Car)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“Jesus forgave my past sin which means I can UNLIMITED SIN and have the forgiveness retroactively applied” is a take of Christianity I haven’t heard before

This was the Catholic practice of selling indulgences in the Renaissance. :v:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Wtf is that even about?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wow, Telegram and Parler? Wrap it up, Bidenailures.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If you don't sin, there's nothing to forgive, and Jesus died for nothing. Sin as hard as you can and make the Crucifixion meaningful!

I knew Rasputin wasn't really dead ! How are you these days old boy ?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ah. Learned a new term; had no idea what "spandau ballet" was.

tl;dr it's just a run of the mill Freeper death threat, albeit somewhat specific.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hello Freep thread! It's been about 4 years since I could stand looking in here, were there any major deaths or scandals on the scale of the Holocaust Museum shooter or the like in that time?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Kavak posted:

Hello Freep thread! It's been about 4 years since I could stand looking in here, were there any major deaths or scandals on the scale of the Holocaust Museum shooter or the like in that time?

Well, Dale Reed left his constricting human form behind.

Edit: Wow, guess he died before Trump got elected.

Georgia Peach fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 10, 2020

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Kavak posted:

No. They flirted with Q but decided it was too batshit even for them.

(plus their shtick is "keep your powder dry/get ready for RAHOWA" and q's is "just wait, trust the plan, we've got this" so it's kind of an active/passive mismatch...never mind that freepers will never do poo poo outside of hoard guns)

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

empty baggie posted:

I was raised Freewill Baptist and this was a thing there too. Gods forgiveness and mercy is all-encompassing but its never presented like what that Freeper said. The idea is that God isn't keeping score or trying to pull a gotcha on us, He wants a good-faith effort to be a better person because that's all thats really possible for us lowly humans.

This was my experience with a tiny (~25 weekly attendance) FWB church in Missouri. YMMV

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
While I understand the hesitance to want to read freep posts during the Trump era I think if this presidency taught us anything it's that the actual president doesn't matter to Freepers. They will rage at how impotent they feel against the liberal agenda and rage about how someone should do something but never do, and even if they did, it was a false flag.

Sure they might be insufferable for like, a week after trump won but they pretty quickly reset to their default state. They've been without joy for so long they don't know how to hold onto it.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

RagnarokAngel posted:

While I understand the hesitance to want to read freep posts during the Trump era I think if this presidency taught us anything it's that the actual president doesn't matter to Freepers. They will rage at how impotent they feel against the liberal agenda and rage about how someone should do something but never do, and even if they did, it was a false flag.
i avoided the thread for all four years because i didn't want to see them shouting for the president to do the fascism, while knowing that if he thought of whatever horror they'd envisioned, he'd probably do it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kavak posted:

Holocaust Museum shooter got a swift damnatio memoriae and was a Soros false flag attacker anyway.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I was raised lutheran and I thought the rule was that forgiveness only counted if you ask after you open the valve on the gas chambers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

isildur posted:

i avoided the thread for all four years because i didn't want to see them shouting for the president to do the fascism, while knowing that if he thought of whatever horror they'd envisioned, he'd probably do it.

Freep is not where he's getting his ideas from. You were likely exposed to far worse (and far less funny) content in your every day life.

Stay here in the freep thread even under a GOP president. It's blissssssssss.

Edit: Speaking of this thread is actually over 4 years old. I think a new thread might be prudent, perhaps on inauguration day.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 10, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm really curious to see if there's going to be another great purge as this plays out.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm really curious to see if there's going to be another great purge as this plays out.

I don't think the Swift Family Robinson can afford that

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

I don't think the Swift Family Robinson can afford that

Grift Family Robinson was right there.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

HappyHippo posted:

:lol: this reminds me of that blackhawks fan who wanted a do-over after they got swept

I just love the concept that the idiot doesn't realize throwing constant rallies does nothing when it's only attended by people that already vote for him. The whole point is to bring new people in, not stroke your ego among your already locked in votes.
That and the Nobel Prize thing. I though it was worthless to them after Obama won it? Not really hard to get nominated when you can pay off a guy to nominate you either

Tony Phillips posted:

Dale Reed has come back from the dead for the sole purpose of

Nah, can't be Dale, he has a hat and Dale hates hats. This is just one of the many grown rear end adults of the Republican party throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old that had their toy taken away

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 10, 2020

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Nah, can't be Dale, he has a hat and Dale hates hats. This is just one of the many grown rear end adults of the Republican party throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old that had their toy taken away

It just occurs to me that it's probably good for Dale Reed didn't live to see Trump. He would have hated it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

It just occurs to me that it's probably good for Dale Reed didn't live to see Trump. He would have hated it.

Why do you care what is good for Dale Reed? The content would have been good for us.

It's a fool's errand anyway: nothing is good for Dale Reed, except for you to lie down in the street

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

I though it was worthless to them after Obama won it? Not really hard to get nominated when you can pay off a guy to nominate you either

Don't know if it was necessary to bribe Christian Tybring Gjedde, he really just is a giant piece of far-right poo poo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Why do you care what is good for Dale Reed? The content would have been good for us.

It's a fool's errand anyway: nothing is good for Dale Reed, except for you to lie down in the street

Oh I don't care, all I said was it was good for him. The effect beyond that was not in the picture.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Freepers are still in the process of asking trump to do a fascism

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Freepers are still in the process of asking trump to do a fascism

More than ever, even!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

SocketWrench posted:

I just love the concept that the idiot doesn't realize throwing constant rallies does nothing when it's only attended by people that already vote for him. The whole point is to bring new people in, not stroke your ego among your already locked in votes.

I think stroking his ego was the point.

Like really, really Trump is not smart. He's not thinking ahead. He's Chauncy Gardener in every way.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
any reaction to:

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Tucker Carlson Says There's Not Enough Fraud to Change Election Results: 'We Should Be Honest'

quote:

To: ToxicMich
We’re surrounded by treason...

7 posted on 11/10/2020, 6:49:24 AM by WKUHilltopper

quote:

bye bye fauxnews
bye bye tucker : putting $$ ahead of country

another pos exposed by trump phenomenon

10 posted on 11/10/2020, 6:49:58 AM by va22030

quote:

Et tu Tucker?

34 posted on 11/10/2020, 6:56:23 AM by BubbaBasher ("Liberty will not long survive the total extinction of morals" - Sam Adams)

quote:

I didn’t hear him say that. This quote must be out of context.

69 posted on 11/10/2020, 7:05:04 AM by Dr. Scarpetta

quote:

To: Heff
He didn’t mention the electronic vote stealing.... Screw him.. You’re a fool if you don’t see how he sold us out...and I was a big fan of his.... I guess Fox is depending on people with your lack of perception for its survival

115 posted on 11/10/2020, 7:14:31 AM by The Fop (God Bless Donald Trump, Frank Sinatra, Joan Rivers, and the Fightin' Rat Pack Wing of the GOP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies]

quote:

I bet Cucker Carlson was told “Torpedo Trump or get fired.”
Seriously, Fox is now hard-left like the rest of them.

153 posted on 11/10/2020, 7:26:23 AM by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change with out notice.)
Freep: This is double plus ungood news

quote:

I always thought Tucker was in Trump’s camp. This is double plus ungood news.

201 posted on 11/10/2020, 7:56:22 AM by FormerFRLurker (Keep calm and vote your conscience.)

quote:

To: Homeschoolmom
It may not be fair. But Fox must be destroyed to show the power the MAGA Nation has.

238 posted on 11/10/2020, 9:32:01 AM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 236 | View Replies]

quote:

Tucker is a loser, ignore him.

246 posted on 11/10/2020, 10:45:23 AM by fortheDeclaration

quote:

To: Homeschoolmom
Not really. It is very weak answer as the fraud being perpetrated is OBVIOUS AND HUGE. Tucker has forgotten who his audience is.....Better he should have said nothing than to appear to begin to capitulate....as it appears from his remarks.

248 posted on 11/10/2020, 11:42:17 AM by Whatever Works
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 190 | View Replies]

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Oh yeah. That’s the stuff.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
The problem with trying to convince conspiracy theorists is there's no evidence that cannot be explained away as part of a larger and more complex conspiracy.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

spaced ninja posted:

Oh yeah. That’s the stuff.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

quote:

I bet Cucker Carlson was told “Torpedo Trump or get fired.”
Seriously, Fox is now hard-left like the rest of them.

153 posted on 11/10/2020, 7:26:23 AM by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change with out notice.)

That's a pretty loving amazing take.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Now how about you apply that "people will say whatever they're told for money" principal to literally anything else...

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Woo hoo!! Election Day +5. Go, TRUMP!! And our 4th quarter Freepathon is underway!! [Thread XXXIX]

quote:

To: Jim Robinson
Jim, have ye a plan to survive deplatforming? What are your feelings telling you about the future of our community and might ye support a Trump family centric third party?

8 posted on 11/8/2020, 7:16:26 AM by Jumper

quote:

To: Jumper
Plans are evolving and may include multiple cloud sites. John is also working on a distributed db and processing system. but it’s a way out. Not particularly interested in third parties.

13 posted on 11/8/2020, 9:27:45 AM by Jim Robinson (Trump stands with us to preserve the Republic. Biden kneels with those wanting to burn it all down.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]
What's there to deplatform? FR is its own platform already! People still post on it even though they could be getting the Web 2.0 experience on social media sites.

I would love to see JR's cloud strategy :allears:
code:
1. Reduce site operating costs.
2. Raise fundraising targets.
3. Collect more money from rubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I like that JR doesn't have any interest in a 3rd party but fuckin' Fox News is too liberal for most Freepers now which puts him in a real pickle. I think the odds of Trump forming the Trumper Party are going up since the Republican party isn't sufficiently sacrificing their very lives to save his presidency. If he does that, he's going to declare war on the GOP and then what?