Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I look forward to the NYPD swat team gunfight against federal agents on the tarmac of JFK when the vaccine shipment lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

quote:

President Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. government would not deliver a coronavirus vaccine to New York if and when one is available.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo “will have to let us know when he’s ready for it because otherwise, we can’t be delivering it to a state that won’t be giving it to its people immediately,” Trump said during a press conference from the White House Rose garden.

“He doesn’t trust where the vaccine is coming from,” Trump added. “These are coming from the greatest companies anywhere in the world, greatest labs in the world, but he doesn’t trust the fact that it’s this White House, this administration, so we won’t be delivering it to New York until we have authorization to do so and that pains me to say that

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

snake and bake posted:

Ok, gonna try to make a respirator effortpost cobbled together with quotes from the thread

if you want some more resources for your post 3m's respirator pdf guide is here: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/815734O/3m-reusable-respirators-product-catalog.pdf that has the full list of all reusable respirators & cartridges. p6 has a features table, p8 has the list of cartridges and protection levels

honeywell has a similar catalog here: https://www.honeywellsafety.com/Supplementary/Documents_and_Downloads/Other/4294974990/1033.aspx. masks start on pdf page 3, filters start on pdf page 5.

honeywell also has a safety poster on how to put the mask on / perform positive negative checks https://www.honeywellsafety.com/Sup...97403/1033.aspx

finally honeywell masks are what you get from mcmaster. their prices are slightly elevated but it's usually ground shipped 1-2 days. they do have 3m filters though. i got my 3m stuff from digikey. their site has a warning that your order might be taken for public health reasons but I don't think anyone has had issues with that. you can also try mouser.

FORUMS USER 1135 has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Nov 13, 2020

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the governor ain't do poo poo besides reducing restaurant capacity from 75% to 50%, and we had the biggest one day increase in cases of all time, so let's see what my county executive did today:

quote:

starting 5pm sunday:

- all gatherings limited to 10 inside, 25 outside
- bars and restaurants close at midnight
- masks remain required indoors, and outside if you can't social distance

MIDNIGHT

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

snoo posted:

:siren: THIS ISN'T FINALIZED DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT :siren:

did yall want anything else added to it, or does someone want to take over and make it more fun? i can link the psd file

I'm not creative enough to come up with anything to add

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ontario appears to be *consults chart* in code green, or maybe red, tier 4, stage 2.5, delta

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

if you want some more resources for your post 3m's respirator pdf guide is here: https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/815734O/3m-reusable-respirators-product-catalog.pdf that has the full list of all reusable respirators & cartridges. p6 has a features table, p8 has the list of cartridges and protection levels

honeywell has a similar catalog here: https://www.honeywellsafety.com/Supplementary/Documents_and_Downloads/Other/4294974990/1033.aspx. masks start on pdf page 3, filters start on pdf page 5.

honeywell also has a safety poster on how to put the mask on / perform positive negative checks https://www.honeywellsafety.com/Sup...97403/1033.aspx

finally honeywell masks are what you get from mcmaster. their prices are slightly elevated but it's usually ground shipped 1-2 days. they do have 3m filters though. i got my 3m stuff from digikey. their site has a warning that your order might be taken for public health reasons but I don't think anyone has had issues with that. you can also try mouser.

mr gently caress COREY PERRY sir this is good to put in that third post as well thank u

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
lol pfizer is going to utterly destroy everyone elses ability to recruit volunteers to test other vaccines so better hope this poo poo is as good as advertised and also lasts more than 3 months, two important details which currently have no supporting evidence

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

lol pfizer is going to utterly destroy everyone elses ability to recruit volunteers to test other vaccines so better hope this poo poo is as good as advertised and also lasts more than 3 months, two important details which currently have no supporting evidence

You know the top vaccines canidates are also being tested overseas right in countries like UAE and Brazil.

Also given the US getting 11 million cases I doubt there will be a lack of volunteers.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
The general dude said Moderna might be releasing efficacy data in the next few days

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
illinois director of public health

quote:

And so the power, everybody’s saying, ‘What are we going to do?’ What are you going to do? Individuals need to take the responsibility to control this virus. And I’m really wanting people to step up and stop looking for somebody else to do the job that we individually have the power to do.

ok.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

Not-Fauci said they'll only have 20 million EUA doses ready be December if both candidates get approved, and then 20 million per month after, with more doses possible in February

We're hosed

Cool they can put a COVID vaccine channel in the Discord server for all the GPU/CPU/console releases so we can spam add to cart when they pop up

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

snoo posted:

did yall want anything else added to it, or does someone want to take over and make it more fun? i can link the psd file

very cute

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mastershakeman posted:

quote:

And so the power, everybody’s saying, ‘What are we going to do?’ What are you going to do? Individuals need to take the responsibility to control this virus. And I’m really wanting people to step up and stop looking for somebody else to do the job that we individually have the power to do.

ok.

PeRsOnAl ReSpOnSiBiLiTy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol

KS had 41 deaths and 6000 cases today

good job everyone

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mastershakeman posted:

ok.

incredible

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

that uh seemed fast?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

snoo posted:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Frances Nurples posted:

that uh seemed fast?

fast? heh, you ain't seen nothing yet, kid

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

ok.

does he know what his title is? hmm probably not

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frances Nurples posted:

that uh seemed fast?

this was posted six months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzzUHZ2OFeI

it’s gonna keep getting faster

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

ok perfect, I need this gang tag

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

You're awesome. Added to my quotepost

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have the thread spec for a 40mm NATO gas mask thread? I am working on a microphone pass through for the front cap of the Honeywell full faces that have one on the front for a PAPR and want to print some test caps because they're 10 bucks a pop.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Frances Nurples posted:

that uh seemed fast?

operation warp speed wasn't referencing vaccine creation

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

I like this

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

lol snoo is the covid mascot now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

+155,746 with just under 3 hours to go :^)

States not yet reporting: MA, CO, NE, ID, NM, AK, HI, NH

I also think CA/TX didn't fully report? Not sure

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah we are hitting 170k today lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmfao

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

KS had 41 deaths and 6000 cases today

good job everyone

This is 2 days since for whatever dumbass reason KS only reports MWF, but it's still an all-time high.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

drat we might have to limit tables at restaurants to five people wtf

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Perfection

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/lacaldwelldc/status/1327340810262765568?s=21

agreed, totally safe, 100% support this.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so with those vaccine numbers, only the rich and priveleged will be vaccinated. finally, a return to normalcy

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yeah we are hitting 170k today lol

https://www.bing.com/covid/local/unitedstates which I like because of the graphs, shows 183,871 today.

Past 7 days per bing:
11/13 - 183871
11/12 - 149459
11/11 - 139231
11/10 - 128772
11/9 - 119825
11/8 - 102444
11/7 - 128546

7 day total = 952,148
if tomorrow's count is equal or greater than 176,398 we've had our first million case week

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

gang tag would be cool, but I've been too lazy to get even my avatar back since bernie toxx :smith:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

school fully remote until Thanksgiving. email makes it clear that this is only because staffing problems, not because of rising cases

they keep peddling the line that there is no spread in schools.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Jon Irenicus posted:

school fully remote until Thanksgiving. email makes it clear that this is only because staffing problems, not because of rising cases

they keep peddling the line that there is no spread in schools.

from TRUMP! *click* to OPEN ER UP! *click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My state governor is begging people to stay home but thanks to the Republicans he can't actually mandate a lockdown

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/11/10/tony-evers-asks-wisconsin-stay-home-day-record-covid-cases/6241313002/

quote:

Evers on Tuesday evening delivered a statewide address and issued an executive order to make his case to the public: please stay home. It's the first time the governor has used a prime-time platform to ask the public to begin to take the pandemic seriously, nine months into the outbreak.

"Wisconsin, this is serious. This crisis is urgent," Evers said in a speech from the Wisconsin State Capitol. "It's not safe to go out, it’s not safe to have others over — it's just not safe. And it might not be safe for a while yet."

quote:

Evers' advisory comes as Wisconsin hit new records: 7,073 new cases of COVID-19, 66 new deaths and 2,070 people in hospitals sick with the virus. As of Tuesday, there are just 128 intensive care beds available in the state — a supply that could disappear within seven days if current trends continue.

The coronavirus pandemic is out of control in Wisconsin, a state topping the nation's charts in rates of infection and nearing the bottom in number of limits on public interaction — which are zero in the Badger State after Republican lawmakers successfully sued Evers to eliminate his plan to limit the spread of the virus.

Evers' order recommends Wisconsin residents to stay home as much as possible, limit gatherings to households only, and asks business owners to require masks in the workplace and allow employees to work from home.

quote:

"We estimated then that our efforts would save between 300 and 1,400 lives," Evers said about the order that was invalidated. "That order was struck down by the Wisconsin Supreme Court — a decision that hamstrung our ability to respond to this virus by using the tools supported by science and public health experts."

Every measure Evers has put forth to combat the virus has been challenged in court by conservatives, including a popular mask mandate. Last week, a state appeals court invalidated his most recent order to limit capacity in bars and restaurants and restrict public gatherings.

quote:

Hospitals are close to running out of ICU beds, according to new data from the Wisconsin Hospital Association. Twenty-two new patients were admitted to ICUs on Tuesday, a trend that would leave no ICU beds available within seven days if the trend remains consistent.

A hospital system in northwest Wisconsin also announced Tuesday all of its hospitals were full.

Officials at the Mayo Clinic Health System said 100% of their beds were full in hospitals in Barron, Bloomer, Eau Claire, Osseo and Menomonie.

Anyway, time to go into work because I have to cover two shifts this weekend for a coworker who got COVID :sun: