Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Servaetes posted:

Unfortunately, two of them don't have PCs at all, so it's smartphone stuff or bust

They don't even have a smart TV in their house or anything? You don't need a computer per person, it's just smartphone + can look at the shared screen somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Servaetes posted:

Oh and I guess I should explain more, my nephew is 12, and one of the sisters is super down to earth in terms of gaming. Like we played Dokopon Kingdom when she was little but I think really really basic rpg mechanics/mario party minigames is the level of gaming knowhow they're at.

If they're down to pay 5 bucks, I've been enjoying Bloons Tower Defense 6. Cutesy, only violence is against balloons, has crossplay between smartphone and PC (and cloudsaves), and has Co-Op. Pretty simple to learn but getting a setup that can handle later levels takes some planning.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Jabor posted:

They don't even have a smart TV in their house or anything? You don't need a computer per person, it's just smartphone + can look at the shared screen somehow.

Oh yeah, would they just play stuff like Drawful on a browser on their phone and look at the results on the TV? That might be a really great idea!

The Jumpoff posted:

If they're down to pay 5 bucks, I've been enjoying Bloons Tower Defense 6. Cutesy, only violence is against balloons, has crossplay between smartphone and PC (and cloudsaves), and has Co-Op. Pretty simple to learn but getting a setup that can handle later levels takes some planning.

Also cool, how many players can you have at max? I'm sure 5 bucks isn't a big ask of any of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Servaetes posted:

Oh yeah, would they just play stuff like Drawful on a browser on their phone and look at the results on the TV? That might be a really great idea!

Yeah, you'd need to stream video to them somehow for the game screen, but all the controls are done on a smart phone.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Servaetes posted:

Also cool, how many players can you have at max? I'm sure 5 bucks isn't a big ask of any of them.

4 players max.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Servaetes posted:

To play you just need 1 person who owns the game hosting and screensharing on Discord/Twitch, and everyone plays on their own device that has a web browser like a phone/tablet/pc/etc for free.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

RE: Shop Titans stuff

Deki posted:

Spot open? I've been inactive for a long time, but looking to come back to this.

Waygs#77465
Still interested in playing? You've vanished from the player search and I'm guessing it's because you dropped out of a guild and the game pruned your account from search?

Hughlander posted:

I'd like to come back, I don't play much but have a large amount of donations so would help the guild out.

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was looking through your thread post history and couldn't find a game ID and didn't ask for it! I think it'll be fine if the investments you have can take us to a new town hall level or if you're able to log on at least once a week and not be totally inactive (we don't do quotas for anything because that poo poo's whack).

Anyway, we still have one spot open if anyone wants to play with us. Just post your ID or search for Goonswarm+ in game!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

staplegun posted:

RE: Shop Titans stuff

Still interested in playing? You've vanished from the player search and I'm guessing it's because you dropped out of a guild and the game pruned your account from search?

Yeah, sorry. Had some stuff pop up in between now and then.

If there's only one slot though, I'll let the other guy take it since he was in the guild previously.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Deki posted:

Yeah, sorry. Had some stuff pop up in between now and then.

If there's only one slot though, I'll let the other guy take it since he was in the guild previously.

no worries, slot is still open! I sent another invite

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

staplegun posted:

no worries, slot is still open! I sent another invite

Cool, thanks for the invite.

Guild is definitely built up far more than the guild I was in previously earlier this year. Granted its been a few months since I took a break but it feels weird going from the top donator to the bottom of the pack.

Deki fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 11, 2020

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Poly Bridge 2 has been out for about two weeks now, if you like these kinds of games.

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 12, 2020

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I know there was some talk about AFK Arena, do we have a guild? If so can I have an invite if there's room? ID is 112613532, name is Sine if that's relevant. Thanks.

e: vvv 'preciate ya

e2: that's a link to the umbrella academy thread though. I didn't realize there was a mobile gaming subforum and was just using bookmarks on mobile. used my eyeballs and found it though

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 14, 2020

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885049&pagenumber=11&perpage=40

AFK Arena thread here:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Was loitering around Reddit looking for a new time sink and found this idle game: Melvor Idle
https://melvoridle.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.malcs.melvoridle&hl=en_CA&gl=US

It's basically Runescape with the numbers filed off and turned into an idle game (which basically is the same gameplay loop as the actual game). It's been interesting so far. It has cloud saves and it's about to launch on Steam too.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Wrong thread.

unless :thejoke:

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Irritated Goat posted:

Wrong thread.

unless :thejoke:

Nope I just suck

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902291&pagenumber=28&perpage=40

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Was loitering around Reddit looking for a new time sink and found this idle game: Melvor Idle
https://melvoridle.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.malcs.melvoridle&hl=en_CA&gl=US

It's basically Runescape with the numbers filed off and turned into an idle game (which basically is the same gameplay loop as the actual game). It's been interesting so far. It has cloud saves and it's about to launch on Steam too.

Melvor is great because it has no microtransactions that I can tell so it's not balanced around that nonsense.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Remember Fiz? Yeah, the one in the OP:

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Simulation
Anything Kairosoft - Pick a flavor and go with it.
Fiz

They've got a new thing brewing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacVmxoYDFw

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Remember Fiz? Yeah, the one in the OP:

They've got a new thing brewing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacVmxoYDFw

Fiz was great and I am looking forward to other games made by the devs

socialsecurity posted:

Melvor is great because it has no microtransactions that I can tell so it's not balanced around that nonsense.

Yeah it's definitely held my attention for at least a week so far.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

socialsecurity posted:

Oh yeah, that's one of the things that made Fiz good, it's a zero microtransactions/IAP model. Seems like the dev intends to keep the same approach in this new game as well.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Since the ACPC thread is dead and I don't know if people still play it, I should probably post this here:

The recent 3rd anniversary update, which was heavily hinted for months, was released today. Now the game got expanded, with a lot of cute and neat stuff, but it had a small lingering problem: The notices kept telling people to check if their OS was higher than 7, 1.5 GB RAM and 64-bit CPU, and since August or so, people on the reddit and other places were wondering if a 64-bit OS was also required. For months they didn't say anything about this, and asking them directly would give you a 50-50 chance of "You just need all of these 3 things" and "No, you also need a 64-bit OS."

How about a tiny lil "Some phones might not be compatible with this version despite meeting all requirements"? Surely people won't mind.

The update got released, it has an AR mode... and a lot of people woke up to Google Play no longer letting them open or download the latest version, including people that had the payment plans. What a shitshow.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Kunster posted:

Since the ACPC thread is dead and I don't know if people still play it, I should probably post this here:

The recent 3rd anniversary update, which was heavily hinted for months, was released today. Now the game got expanded, with a lot of cute and neat stuff, but it had a small lingering problem: The notices kept telling people to check if their OS was higher than 7, 1.5 GB RAM and 64-bit CPU, and since August or so, people on the reddit and other places were wondering if a 64-bit OS was also required. For months they didn't say anything about this, and asking them directly would give you a 50-50 chance of "You just need all of these 3 things" and "No, you also need a 64-bit OS."

How about a tiny lil "Some phones might not be compatible with this version despite meeting all requirements"? Surely people won't mind.

The update got released, it has an AR mode... and a lot of people woke up to Google Play no longer letting them open or download the latest version, including people that had the payment plans. What a shitshow.

Cool story bro.

What is ACPC? is that the rock band from the 80s?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I mean the way you posted it they clearly say three requirements you'll need?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Len posted:

I mean the way you posted it they clearly say three requirements you'll need?

Yes, and some people who met those requirements are still unable to play the game, because they lack the unlisted fourth requirement of a 64 bit OS. Not every phone with a 64 bit CPU runs a 64 bit OS.

Aside from that, it's pretty lovely to update an app that has a paid subscription service and render it inaccessible to paid subscribers, or those who purchased IAP. They could have just put out a new app and left the current version in as a legacy app so people can still access the content they paid for. Particularly when dealing with an audience like Animal Crossing which has a lot of kids using old or secondhand devices.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There's even people having issues with it with phones recently brought as July 2019, and if you give a browse on the announcement you'll see people that clearly checked all 3 possibilities. Add to that the fact that a lot of kids and also not-techy people play this, and you had a power keg ready to blow. I was only made aware of this because I checked the reddit for it + was on the discord.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is on sale super cheap ($.99/£.50) if there's anyone doesn't already own it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I mean I've played through it at least four times on various consoles/devices but at that price...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is on sale super cheap ($.99/£.50) if there's anyone doesn't already own it.

What?!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Have at thee.

I really love that I now own this game on mobile :allears: Even at full price, it's SOTN. You can't go wrong.

Plus it supports a controller.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I will never play this in my phone, but i got 99 cents for going to a Verizon store last weekend so i now own sotn in a 4th place

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Is there room in the shop Titans guild, I've been playing for a little while and I like it, but my current guild sucks

Ryaath
Apr 8, 2003

feverish and oversexed posted:

Is there room in the shop Titans guild, I've been playing for a little while and I like it, but my current guild sucks

We're pretty close to having another spot via town hall upgrade. Post your tag and we can probably grind it and shoot you an invite this week.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

feverish and oversexed posted:

New spot is open! Just post your ID and someone will send over an invite

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I got a new phone for the first time in three years and was coming here to see what the cool games are and

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Does it still have the original music and voice acting? If so I'm way into this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

C-Euro posted:

Does it still have the original music and voice acting? If so I'm way into this.

Music yes, the voice acting is the newer dub from the PSP port though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kirbysuperstar posted:

the voice acting is the newer dub from the PSP port though.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Probably still worth a dollar though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ryaath posted:

We're pretty close to having another spot via town hall upgrade. Post your tag and we can probably grind it and shoot you an invite this week.

My username is Agoat if you end up having more slots after them!

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Agoat posted:

My username is Agoat if you end up having more slots after them!

They never got in touch, so I sent an invite to Agoat#16899!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
To breathe some life into this thread I'll say I've been playing a lot of Soccer Star lately. It's pretty well-done, is free and has a .99 no-ads but has a fairly grindy currency that you could pay for.