Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
They should do Roxy Music because they're at their best when they're discussing Brian Eno's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I want them to finally do a band i personally love so it should be the Smiths, the Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur jr. or Cursive.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I want them to finally do a band i personally love so it should be the Smiths, the Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur jr. or Cursive.

lmfao can you imagine them doing a Domestica episode?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only way you can make a good smashing pumpkins podcast is if you dedicated an entire episode to the billy corgan superman shirt story, not doing so would be an artistic failure

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

mennoknight posted:

good god can you imagine if they actually booked Richard 23 for the show

imagine the energy in that studio, god drat

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Pumpkins would be good for 4 episodes and then a steep decline to poo poo. I think you saw with RHCP that the show doesn't work with a total poo poo album. Even the bad U2, REM, and Talking Heads albums are not trash.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

C U're Curating the Cure with me?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Bowie is a good fit too. Lots of interesting things to dig into, a real variance in styles, Brian Eno, wacky poo poo like Labyrinth and some truly awful 80's poo poo. Bowie would be fun. Hard to book though.

edit: I mean it would be hard to book David Bowie as a guest, because he is dead

mennoknight fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 18, 2020

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
We Talking Bowie To We?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I liked the RHCP ep and wish they would go back to it. I can listen to good music on my own time - if I'm going to listen to 30 seconds of a song and Scotts' reactions I want it to be something they hate/mock.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

mennoknight posted:

Bowie is a good fit too. Lots of interesting things to dig into, a real variance in styles, Brian Eno, wacky poo poo like Labyrinth and some truly awful 80's poo poo. Bowie would be fun. Hard to book though.

edit: I mean it would be hard to book David Bowie as a guest, because he is dead

I thought about how Bowie might be a slog when they get to that post Let’s Dance period but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Scotts actually liked some of that stuff given their age at the time. Also the first episode would be the goofy and bad self titled album so that would be pretty fun. Also Bowie’s last album was kind of amazing so it would end on a high note.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 18, 2020

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Didn't Bowie get canceled because of the whole pedophilia thing?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Gargamel Gibson posted:

it was one groupie, with no real evidence, wasn't it? I mean I'm sure he was a pervert but aren't we all

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

And I know it's well past the point of cliche to say this about any podcast, but man, Rosenberg just doesn't fit with my mental image of him.

I finally got around to buying the Big Grande Exit 42/Last Resort bundle and this was my reaction too

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Help Im Alive posted:

I finally got around to buying the Big Grande Exit 42/Last Resort bundle and this was my reaction too

I always imagine Mackey and Rosenberg with the other one’s voice.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Audio issues aside, this was a lot of fun.

https://twitch.tv/videos/840029836

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

yeah

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Audio issues aside, this was a lot of fun.

It's amazing how 9 months into this and we still struggle to get a zoom call sounding OK. I'll give the CBB xmas special props as that sounded great this week, hell possibly better than the usual specials because there weren't 7 people all trying to speak at once.

Also I wonder who made this video, as they have Jessica and Danielle's names mixed up.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also I wonder who made this video, as they have Jessica and Danielle's names mixed up.

Wait, no they don't
E:NVM, I was clicking around. It's correct later. It seems at some point Danielle showed up on hers and Jessica's feed at the same time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Ape of Naples posted:

Wait, no they don't
E:NVM, I was clicking around. It's correct later. It seems at some point Danielle showed up on hers and Jessica's feed at the same time.

Ha yeah typically I unpaused and about 10 seconds later spotted it was fixed. I need to finish watching it’s been fun, and as I’ve never played I’m not burned out on this game.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Gargamel Gibson posted:

yes its illegal to listen to his music now and indeed to even mention him so you are going to go to jail buddy

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ok Dr. Spaz

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

UP AND ADAM posted:

Ok Dr. Spaz

One of Bowie's less well-recieved personas

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

Wow, Handbook Pro Version and Masterclass season 3 are going to the Flagrant Ones Patreon. Nothing to keep me on sticker premium now, I guess.

Hmm...interesting. Well I dropped off the Flagrant Ones....but if I can get that back with the Pro Version and Masterclass.....I'd be a no brainer. Then I'd have to assess my need for Stitcher Premium. I'd probably still need to keep it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Stitcher got rid of the sexy resuming episode voice so they’re loving dead to me

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're the Man Now Dog has really snuck up on me and become my favorite comedy podcast, especially with the Patreon episodes. Ryan and Dan are jyst such sweeties and so funny and charming.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tarranon posted:

Stitcher got rid of the sexy resuming episode voice so they’re loving dead to me

rezhuming

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's amazing how 9 months into this and we still struggle to get a zoom call sounding OK. I'll give the CBB xmas special props as that sounded great this week, hell possibly better than the usual specials because there weren't 7 people all trying to speak at once.

I believe with CBB and many other podcasts, most of the guests are recording their own voices locally. After the episode, they send the audio files to the engineer who merges them all together.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I believe that's the Earwolf standard, mainly for the many times Sean Clement's recording fails somehow and he gets replaced by the awful-sounding recording of the call the producer makes (presumably to help synch up the individual files later, and as a failsafe)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wondered if Zoom had that option built in, I know some of the other conference software does. It definitely makes the difference.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Tarranon posted:

Reezhuming episzode.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

You're the Man Now Dog has really snuck up on me and become my favorite comedy podcast, especially with the Patreon episodes. Ryan and Dan are jyst such sweeties and so funny and charming.

Ya I think it took them a bit to find their "voice" and not just just have the checkin eps be "so uh...what did you eat this week?" But they're so sincere and open and just supremely funny people, it's grown in to something beautiful.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wow. Daly breaking some actual cryptid news on the new Bonanas.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I haven't been in this subforum for a long time so my apologies if it's well-trod ground, but where's Hollywood Handbook moving to? I just saw they were leaving Earwolf today

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

independent/patreon

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Power of Pecota posted:

I haven't been in this subforum for a long time so my apologies if it's well-trod ground, but where's Hollywood Handbook moving to? I just saw they were leaving Earwolf today

You will now be listening to The Flagrant Ones . I think the free version will still be available where you get podcasts.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Free version will still be free (I expect I'll have to reset my subscription), Pro Version will be a tier on The Flagrant Ones patreon, alongside TFO, a forthcoming Carl Tart podcast, and season three of Hollywood Masterclass.
As part of a deal to keep their back catalog, I think everything will be on Earwolf and Stitcher Premium for another year, but that got hammered out after they announced they were going

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

All the pods leaving Earwolf since Sirius bought made me think of Jeff Ullrich and what he’s up to since selling. I remember he used the money to see every Cubs playoff game during their 2016 championship run but didn’t know what happened since.

Found a May 2019 ep of Without Fail which goes into the whole details of him founding Earwolf and why he hasn’t done podcasts since (short story: 5 year non compete clause in the Scripps deal). But also he was dealing with alcoholism and work taking over his family life. But I had no idea he was Jerry Minor’s business manager and that’s why Jerry was so prevalent on early CBB. And that Jerry was initially going to be a cofounder but backed out last minute! Lots of good stuff about early Earwolf days.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

All the pods leaving Earwolf since Sirius bought made me think of Jeff Ullrich and what he’s up to since selling. I remember he used the money to see every Cubs playoff game during their 2016 championship run but didn’t know what happened since.

Found a May 2019 ep of Without Fail which goes into the whole details of him founding Earwolf and why he hasn’t done podcasts since (short story: 5 year non compete clause in the Scripps deal). But also he was dealing with alcoholism and work taking over his family life. But I had no idea he was Jerry Minor’s business manager and that’s why Jerry was so prevalent on early CBB. And that Jerry was initially going to be a cofounder but backed out last minute! Lots of good stuff about early Earwolf days.

Jeff should post here again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Consummate Professional posted:

You will now be listening to The Flagrant Ones . I think the free version will still be available where you get podcasts.

I'll be resubscribing! I didn't watch much NBA last season but I was around for Baron Davis Eyes and the DeBarge Flagrant Ones Tonight one