Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ZeeBoi posted:

Uhhhh....

:shepicide:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nevermind it’s a weird snafu in their systems. I see the charge refund in my transaction history.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Am I crazy or does the PS Store no longer list prices?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Web or console? It's showing prices for me in both places.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Same. Clear your cookies and other browser data, OP.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Some bug or something that popped up recently. I've had it like failing to show the price/purchase button more often than not in Chrome since the relaunch, I think I had to use like Edge a few times to buy stuff.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

On the web store I get a weird thing where it seems to recognize that I'm logged in but doesn't factor that into games with PS Plus discounts or games I've already purchased. I basically don't use the web version anymore since the redesign

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
This was on a desktop using Chrome, and clearing cookies did the trick. Thanks all.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The best is how I can't even log into their site on my phone unless I use their app.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was very impressed when they changed to the new web store and managed to make it worse in every way

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was very impressed when they changed to the new web store and managed to make it worse in every way

I especially enjoyed that they wiped my wishlist without replacing the store with something even a little better.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mr E posted:

I especially enjoyed that they wiped my wishlist without replacing the store with something even a little better.

Yeah. I've managed to replicate almost all of my 40+ wishlist on a Google doc...still missing a handful, though. :( Now during a sale, I have to manually enter each game that I want to check for.

Speaking of sales, I just finished my current visual novel (Tokyo Dark), so I grabbed Raging Loop and Kentucky Route Zero. I've heard some great things about the latter in particular.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah. I've managed to replicate almost all of my 40+ wishlist on a Google doc...still missing a handful, though. :( Now during a sale, I have to manually enter each game that I want to check for.
Just use PSPrices.com

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m pretty sure they had a meeting in regards to all of PlayStation and it’s related stores about how to make everything terrible. For reasons I am yet to understand.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Akuma posted:

Just use PSPrices.com

Yeah, I may have to. Thanks for reminding me! I never really found much use for the site while the browser version still had a wishlist, but now...

By the way, for the folks who were discussing The Pathless, are y'all playing on PS4 or on PS5? I do see that it's cross-buy, but I'm just curious if there's a noticeable performance difference between the two versions.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I’m pretty sure they had a meeting in regards to all of PlayStation and it’s related stores about how to make everything terrible. For reasons I am yet to understand.

I literally just tabbed back to this thread after checking something on my PS acct on my phone and it’s astonishing how bad Sony is at storefronts/account management/ancillary apps like just crazy bad. Come to think of it Nintendo’s kind of poo poo at that too. I guess being a tech co—>games is better than a games co —> tech. Although Sony wasn’t a gaming company. I dunno but it’s laughably bad.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Arist posted:

Goddammit, I could buy Like a Dragon now or wait for the PS5 version...

I am in the same boat.
I've played every single yakuza game on the day it was available in English but hearing that the saves won't work with the ps5 version is making me want to hold off, it's probably going to take me 6+ weeks to get a ps5 and then I won't even have finished it when the upgrade comes out.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Welp, it’s done. Thanks, Sony!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

$80?! Is that Canadian or something?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Yeah. :canada:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah, I may have to. Thanks for reminding me! I never really found much use for the site while the browser version still had a wishlist, but now...

By the way, for the folks who were discussing The Pathless, are y'all playing on PS4 or on PS5? I do see that it's cross-buy, but I'm just curious if there's a noticeable performance difference between the two versions.

The Pathless runs at 60fps on PS5.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I picked up a PSVR last week and have been having alot of fun with Iron Man, even if I can only play for about an hour with that before I get a headache (which I haven't really gotten with anything else.) Rez VR is also on sale so I picked that up. Outside of the big hitters (Beat Saber, Astro) are there any other big heavy hitters that people here would recommend?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

yussss N:A is on sale now I can play it again before the remake comes out

i’m sorry—what? there’s a nier: automata remake coming? i see nothing about this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoutPatrol posted:

I picked up a PSVR last week and have been having alot of fun with Iron Man, even if I can only play for about an hour with that before I get a headache (which I haven't really gotten with anything else.) Rez VR is also on sale so I picked that up. Outside of the big hitters (Beat Saber, Astro) are there any other big heavy hitters that people here would recommend?

Superhot VR (which is a separate product from normal Superhot) is the other must-have

You may also own things that are already fully playable in VR: Tetris Effect, Resident Evil 7, Star Wars Squadrons, No Man's Sky

abelwingnut posted:

i’m sorry—what? there’s a nier: automata remake coming? i see nothing about this.

There's a remake of the original Nier coming

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vikar Jerome posted:

do you have to send the disc back?

edit: oh lol its only till december 21st. well there goes that plan.

People on other forums have confirmed that if you ask cdpr for a disc refund, they will send you shipping details to send the disc back in new emails, lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

abelwingnut posted:

Theres a remaster of the ps3 game coming, but people are misuing remake again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah it's a remaster with some decent changes to combat and stuff.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I believe it was Plato who first raised the philosophical question if the Ship of Theseus was a remaster or a remake.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

I believe it was Plato who first raised the philosophical question if the Ship of Theseus was a remaster or a remake.

It'd actually be neither; it's a service project with regular updates :pseudo:.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Does Superhot still come with Mind Control Delete for free?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Does Superhot still come with Mind Control Delete for free?

I think you had to buy it before Mind Control Delete came out to get it for free. Either way Super Hot is worth the $$$ and those games go on sale for super cheap a lot.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, this game really is one disappointment after another.

i don't think i've ever been as satisfied from looking at a brand new game and thinking "nah, maybe later"

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Speaking of sales, I just finished my current visual novel (Tokyo Dark), so I grabbed Raging Loop and Kentucky Route Zero. I've heard some great things about the latter in particular.

I have not loved a game more in years. Just when you think it couldn’t possibly surprise you again, it throws some new, strange, awesome experience your way. Enjoy!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of KRZ I just posted my list over in the GOTY thread. I’m sure many of you will be waiting to see what I said about From games.....

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I have not loved a game more in years. Just when you think it couldn’t possibly surprise you again, it throws some new, strange, awesome experience your way. Enjoy!

KRZ is amazing and makes for a great companion piece to Disco Elysium. It also has a line far scary than anything in any horror game.

”They’ve invented a new kind of debt.”

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GoutPatrol posted:

Resident Evil 7 is super fun and from what I can tell, it was designed to be played in VR.

Star Wars Squadrons if loving amazing in VR too and that's on sale right now most places.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Vikar Jerome posted:

I think completely redoing the combat means we can call it a remake. This isn't the exact same game running at 1080p.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdeByqqu6gg&t=1685s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZ8UU_9dG8&t=55s

Original is much slower, a little clunkier - magic almost seems to pause combat or slow down time. the dodge is tighter keeping regular attacks much closer, whereas the remake seems to encourage more dramatic & fluid movement - presumably to balance that magic is better integrated so you can weave in and out more easily.
Plus all assets, geometry and textures have been completely remade from scratch. The only part of the original it's using is the story and designs.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 23, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GoutPatrol posted:

Wipeout collection in VR is just amazing. Star Wars Squadrons is a can't miss in VR as well.