Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

EVE 2021: Finally we have been stretched to...SECRET WEAPON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Allegedly they have 1400 titans in T5Z?

Allegedly. I’ll believe it when I see it.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

6.5k PASSPI logged in in T5Z, 4.5k on grid in M2, this is going to crash the server

Yeah... I may get some sleep tonight after all.

I wonder if the reason we moved some poo poo out of M2 was to make room? Like, so it didn't look 100% insane for PASSPI to add fleets to an already overwhelmed server?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Have you guys called Papi "Poopy" yet? It could be devastating.......

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

saw this on reddit

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
papi leadership has said repeatedly that they won't commit on an overwhelmed server because they don't trust that it won't die and trap all their ships. lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

papi leadership has said repeatedly that they won't commit on an overwhelmed server because they don't trust that it won't die and trap all their ships. lol

Where was this rationality when they decided to drop their titans on some worthless keepstar?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dandywalken posted:

Have you guys called Papi "Poopy" yet? It could be devastating.......

I'm partial to PISSPEE

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hurry up and blow up some ships so i can get rich mining trit!!!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm partial to PISSPEE

Chucklefuck Consternation

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

So as Papi has already more than 6700 guys logged in in T5Z and we have 4400 in M2-, what are the actual likely outcomes here?
I think jumping in would be a death sentence. Their numbers advantage won't be very useful unless they actually DO have a significant amount of Titans left over that didn't participate in the last brawl (doubt).

Will they just decide to hit 1DQ then? They could kill the jammer, ref the keepstars and stuff. We probably wouldn't be able to contest this I assume, right?

Shouldn't be a huge deal as their titans will then still be trapped but at least they will save face compared to just standing down.

What do you think?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ive been camping their logged off fleet in m2- for the last few days in a dread. i logged in and im surrounded by hundreds of titans. i played it cool and i believe they have accepted me as one of them now.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
big hype big hype

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

they both have to, and shouldn't log in

it's a really bad position to be in for them

the worst idea they could have is logging in without our supercapital fleet already engaged in murderizing something else, because then it's a skeet shoot.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Necros posted:

ive been camping their logged off fleet in m2- for the last few days in a dread. i logged in and im surrounded by hundreds of titans. i played it cool and i believe they have accepted me as one of them now.

If you’re a naglfar then you are just my son now and I will protect you

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

also, dear leader has taken the field and as much as i say dear leader ironically...

my morale is even further improved by seeing him here

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Solus posted:

If you’re a naglfar then you are just my son now and I will protect you

hell yes

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I just hope
1. they won't go ref random 1dq citadels while they can clog 1dq chestbeating that they won their 'objective'
2. they will commit to m2-
3. m2- node doesn't crash

ps living vicariously, this will be my night for today

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

There is test cricket being played atm.

Usually the first thing I do in the morning is check the scores.

Not tomorrow.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

notaspy posted:

There is test cricket being played atm.

Usually the first thing I do in the morning is check the scores.

Not tomorrow.

bit of a greentop too

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

the server is going to melt lol

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there a recording of The State of the Goonion up anywhere? I want to be motivated.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

bit of a greentop too

It was an interesting choice by Papi put themselves in on such a surface

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
5,000 pilots in M2-, still mostly goons

Raged posted:

Is there a recording of The State of the Goonion up anywhere? I want to be motivated.

They usually get posted here: https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Fireside_Chats Today's is up already

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Subjecting myself to Talking in Stations to try and get some perspective on the other side. Showing enemy subs jumping into M2 right now, and commentator noted that seemed...questoinable, given that every pilot you add to the system reduces the odds of future pilots (now, caps and supers) being able to load the system.

Oh please oh please oh please commit to this fight papi.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

coelomate posted:

Subjecting myself to Talking in Stations to try and get some perspective on the other side. Showing enemy subs jumping into M2 right now, and commentator noted that seemed...questoinable, given that every pilot you add to the system reduces the odds of future pilots (now, caps and supers) being able to load the system.

Oh please oh please oh please commit to this fight papi.

the keepstar is now covered in mobile cyno inhibitors and there is a wall of bubbles between their fort and the keepstar so they have to clear all that out before they can get their un-trapped fleet anywhere close to their trapped fleet

there are 8 goon subcap fleets on the field though, so i'm not sure how that is going to work

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

notaspy posted:

It was an interesting choice by Papi put themselves in on such a surface

:golfclap:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Anias posted:

EVE 2021: Finally we have been stretched to...SECRET WEAPON

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so many bubbles it looks like a nebula

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What is stopping Papi from splitting into 2 fleets and hitting 1dq & M2?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Raged posted:

They could create shield timers in 1DQ, but they can't hit the IHUB -- it's invulnerable until tomorrow. The IHUB is the thing that they actually want to hit.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
I'm at work guys can you pause the fight until I'm home please? :shobon:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Imapanda posted:

I'm at work guys can you pause the fight until I'm home please? :shobon:

don't worrry there is more than enough for everyone over the next 15 hours

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Raged posted:

I think they might just do that. INN reported that there are reports Papi will split their forces because jumping everyone in would be suicide.
Let's see what happens.

Hitting 1DQ wouldn't be all that useful I guess...

Edit:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They could create shield timers in 1DQ, but they can't hit the IHUB -- it's invulnerable until tomorrow. The IHUB is the thing that they actually want to hit.

Uh yeah, okay that's clarifies that...

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Raged posted:

They also invite defeat in detail. If they split their forces, they risk being too weak at BOTH points and suffering even more losses without accomplishing anything. If they concentrate really deep in one spot at least they have a chance of local superiority.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Raged posted:

They still have 100+ supers in M2 that they need to get out before the Fort is out of hull or it will be a nightmare for them.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Burt posted:

They still have 100+ supers in M2 that they need to get out before the Fort is out of hull or it will be a nightmare for them.

Why would it be any worse than tonight? they could just come back tomorrow or monday night right?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Sounds like PAPI capitals have been ordered to jump onto the keepstar grid, straight into combat.

YESSSSSSSSSS

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Hostile titans on grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Kill them. Kill them all.