Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

andromache posted:

The stockpile really just sits there until the likely event of Dave Archer loving welping an entire cerb fleet into something stupid (like warping onto the enemy at 0), while a massive fight is on-going and people are frantically pinging for more cerbs.

Dave's a great muninn FC, the problem is he tries to fly Cerbs exactly like Muninns lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i want to say that a full set of reaction formulae (10 intermeds and 10 composites, except for the smaller stuff like ferrogel or w/e that you can get away with 5 each of) costs somewhere between 4-5b, so its a hefty investment to go from buying composites off the market to reacting your own and using them for ship production

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Stereotype posted:

Don't worry about doing reactions, but you absolutely need to do components. You should focus on a specific race's ships and modules at first since each one has a different set of components and the BPOs for them aren't cheap and you should really get them to 10ME.

The reactions process goes: moon goo -> intermediates -> composites, and then the composites are what you use to build components. Once you get a handle on building components you can start reacting the composites from the intermediates, and then once you get a handle on that you can just do everything straight from goo. Each additional layer adds fractionally less to your margin since all the prices are currently fluctuating a lot and a lot of the big-time producers just have massive amounts of goo and intermediates stockpiled so they aren't as affected by the current market volatility. There are a bunch of reactions right now that actually are more expensive than just buying the products.

At the moment I have all bpo's for doctrine ships, cruisers and lower. All fully researched :ullerrm:

My initial thought was to create TII bpcs, build the T1 ships with my own mineral (either mined or reprocessed from loot) and import all the other stuff I need by creating buy orders in Jita & amarr. I was also planning on eventually making my own construction blocks since I can do PI. So I wouldn't be able to be profitable without making my own components? Or is it that the margin would be so reduced, it wouldn't really be worth it?

Another issue i'm facing is keeping track of all of this. I've been trying to create a spreadsheet for inventory/research cost/production cost/ etc etc... to make sure i can keep track of cost, but i suck at it. I only recently got jeve assets thanks to Atrum, hopefully this can help with that.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Burt posted:

Just logged into M2, settings in potato mode, no problem until I swing round to look below the station. My PC almost stopped due to the amount of bubbles there!

So Passpi, bring your inty fleets to pop a bubble every 10 minutes, there's enough content there to last you DAYS!

I had two hard crashes from the bubbles already.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i want to say that a full set of reaction formulae (10 intermeds and 10 composites, except for the smaller stuff like ferrogel or w/e that you can get away with 5 each of) costs somewhere between 4-5b, so its a hefty investment to go from buying composites off the market to reacting your own and using them for ship production

lmao yeah i don't have that ;) I combined all my liquid isk on one char to put buy orders for my cerb components and i had about 1.8b total. I only kept 500m.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dalael posted:

At the moment I have all bpo's for doctrine ships, cruisers and lower. All fully researched :ullerrm:

My initial thought was to create TII bpcs, build the T1 ships with my own mineral (either mined or reprocessed from loot) and import all the other stuff I need by creating buy orders in Jita & amarr. I was also planning on eventually making my own construction blocks since I can do PI. So I wouldn't be able to be profitable without making my own components? Or is it that the margin would be so reduced, it wouldn't really be worth it?

Another issue i'm facing is keeping track of all of this. I've been trying to create a spreadsheet for inventory/research cost/production cost/ etc etc... to make sure i can keep track of cost, but i suck at it. I only recently got jeve assets thanks to Atrum, hopefully this can help with that.

Yeah you basically don't have any margin buying components from the market. No one does it either, look at the volume on components. The BPOs are so easy to buy and upgrade that you really should just get them. Also check to make sure that you're actually saving anything building the T1 hulls yourself, since in a lot of cases you are actually spending more. For example: slasher hulls were selling for like 50% of build cost a few weeks ago for whatever reason. Remember most people building T2 stuff have been doing it for years and are both incredibly efficient at it and have vast stockpiles of everything.

Jeve Assets helps a ton to keep track of how much you paid for everything since you can easily sort through your past market orders. I try to do runs of ~20 ships and make a new spreadsheet page for each run so that I can remember how much I paid for everything so I don't accidently sell them for a loss.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Stereotype posted:

Yeah you basically don't have any margin buying components from the market. No one does it either, look at the volume on components. The BPOs are so easy to buy and upgrade that you really should just get them. Also check to make sure that you're actually saving anything building the T1 hulls yourself, since in a lot of cases you are actually spending more. For example: slasher hulls were selling for like 50% of build cost a few weeks ago for whatever reason. Remember most people building T2 stuff have been doing it for years and are both incredibly efficient at it and have vast stockpiles of everything.

Jeve Assets helps a ton to keep track of how much you paid for everything since you can easily sort through your past market orders. I try to do runs of ~20 ships and make a new spreadsheet page for each run so that I can remember how much I paid for everything so I don't accidently sell them for a loss.

Ok I will keep that in mind. I hope I can at least break even on those cerbs.

When it comes to building components, do those take up manufacturing slots or something else?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dalael posted:

Ok I will keep that in mind. I hope I can at least break even on those cerbs.

When it comes to building components, do those take up manufacturing slots or something else?

Yeah they are manufacturing slots. They don't take too long to build though

also according to my sheet you're going to barely break even if you buy the components at 1DQ1 Sell prices, and probably lose money if you include invention. If you buy the composites and build your own components though you'll make ~20%

if you make it all from raw goo bought at Jita Buy prices you make 65% :)

Stereotype fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 11, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stereotype posted:

We stopped doing the E3 hellcamp to focus on the M2- hellcamp and predictably that meant a ton of bads streamed into helms deep. The bads have also have gotten pretty adept at just doing blops drops everywhere so it sort of stopped being as useful.

Basically since the enemy supercap fleet is now incapacitated our strategic objectives are now being accomplished much more successfully but the day-to-day living situation has sort of deteriorated as we regoonquista everything.

why isn't blackops doing trapfleets to counterdrop them? if it's the same dipshits as before, it's not hard to catch those guys and they fall for the bait again and again and again

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

why isn't blackops doing trapfleets to counterdrop them? if it's the same dipshits as before, it's not hard to catch those guys and they fall for the bait again and again and again

I tried it once with a secret thrasher fleet but they must have been spying on the comms or something because they didn't take the bait. I'm not in blackops so I don't know if they are trying, but the consensus of skirmish_commanders is that if you ping for anything they'll dock up.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

We're busy dumpstering Querious sov with Delta

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

RFC2324 posted:

P sure my total assets are worth less than 3 bil. Not everyone is spacerich, and I'm guessing small time producers end up tying up most of their liquid when they prep to do a run.

If you want to subsidize my small small loving around so I don't have to worry about sums less than a bil, please please please do

I am down for a space sugar daddy

E: misread the post, you aren't the one thinking a bil herr or there is nothing, sorry! Still on the market for a space sugar daddy tho

So like a Daddy Warbucks Warbonds?

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Completely agree that Imperium pilots should be educated to keep their personal fittings windows regularly updated with the doctrine fits from GSF forums and utilize it as the source for when kitting out their space sloops.

Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to pay some reliable goon a PLEX per month or so to go over the corp fits (is there an alliance fits button too?) and update them every couple of days.

Hell, I'd do that.

I mean, I copy paste from forums myself, but the shared fits seem like they'd be useful.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Groshlak posted:

I would like to join GoonWaffe. I've read the wiki page Joining GoonWaffe 101 and I would like to make sure I use the proper channel.

So, have I got this right, do you have any recommendation for me?

I'm gonna be nice. Join karmafleet.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to pay some reliable goon a PLEX per month or so to go over the corp fits (is there an alliance fits button too?) and update them every couple of days.

Hell, I'd do that.

I mean, I copy paste from forums myself, but the shared fits seem like they'd be useful.

The fittings manager role can't really hurt anything. i'd probably be willing to hand it out to a couple goons that weren't complete paste-eating morons. However, that has historically been a very tall order for goonwaffe though.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

andromache posted:

The fittings manager role can't really hurt anything. i'd probably be willing to hand it out to a couple goons that weren't complete paste-eating morons. However, that has historically been a very tall order for goonwaffe though.

Given the amount of time I spend going back and forth between the forums and making sure my pyfa/in-game fittings are up to date, I imagine there are at least three other folks doing the same, each with >2 brain cells to their name, who could push butan once a week and not gently caress it up too badly

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I only eat paste in moderation and such will regularly check that the corp fitting window reflects its GSF fitting forum counterpart in the amount of paste each ship should carry with 89% accuracy.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I am so proud that skimming this thread I keep seeing Delta Sqad getting mentioned , brings a tear to my eyes that you guys are out there just keeping poo poo classy still :3:

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

Given the amount of time I spend going back and forth between the forums and making sure my pyfa/in-game fittings are up to date, I imagine there are at least three other folks doing the same, each with >2 brain cells to their name, who could push butan once a week and not gently caress it up too badly

I will be happy to keep the fitting uptodate, I have enough of an obsession keeping the subforums fully read so yeah, happy to help out keep everyone in updated doctrine.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
you mean <2 (less than two) brain cells probably

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Fqubed posted:

I will be happy to keep the fitting uptodate, I have enough of an obsession keeping the subforums fully read so yeah, happy to help out keep everyone in updated doctrine.

If you want to help out, just ping me in the goonfleet jabber channel with your eve character you want the title on, since it's too much :effort: for me to figure out forum account via sa account.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://soundcloud.com/user-887330919-68649354/warp-war-update-2021-01-11

this is the most depressing 5 minutes of my life and i was suicidally depressed once

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Stereotype posted:

Oh well next time :) Also it was only 500m3 so I could have grabbed it with a cruiser.

You can actually fit a jackdaw or hecate to be instawarp and have enough cargo space to steal them, fairly easily. If you can fly those ships might be a good idea.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Burt posted:

Just logged into M2, settings in potato mode, no problem until I swing round to look below the station. My PC almost stopped due to the amount of bubbles there!

So Passpi, bring your inty fleets to pop a bubble every 10 minutes, there's enough content there to last you DAYS!

I'm honestly kind of pleased that, even at high settings, my five year old machine can handle the idle hellcamp with no problems, even on high settings. It's fun to look at all the pretty ships with skins I've never seen :3:

and guys

i did it

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89890220/

after a whole decade

i finally got to use my carrier in anger

i did it guys. i did it :unsmith:

(I am still a little surprised I haven't been mocked more for being in a probably un-SRPable carrier, even if it's just in the M2- hellcamp. :v: I also wouldn't object to injector or isk-for-the-buy-SD-some-injectors-fund donations, just sayin'.)

Rudeboy Detective posted:

So is the whole Helm's Deep idea depreciated?

Seems like there were lots of bads in E3 earlier.

Basically like Stereo said, poo poo's popping off everywhere and there's almost constant combat and nobody is safe. If you want to rat etc. it's probably best to do it in a small gang or somesuch at least. And remember to do it in an SRP-able ship, there's a thread that has PvE SRP fits.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Fqubed posted:

this would be a nice start.

I have several bones to pick with the absolute fuckwits who post "doctrine" ships on contract and get poo poo wrong half the time. maybe this will help that problem.

(altho a lot of it is people obviously skimping on modules and extras so they can undercut other people throwing contracts up.)

if at all possible I'd love to see us maintain some of the standard fits people should use for armor gangs, chemos, and pve poo poo (abyssals mostly) - it would help take the guesswork out of fitting for our newer players or retvets who hear large smart bomb and immediately scream out "ILL BRING MY ROKH"

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Basically like Stereo said, poo poo's popping off everywhere and there's almost constant combat and nobody is safe. If you want to rat etc. it's probably best to do it in a small gang or somesuch at least. And remember to do it in an SRP-able ship, there's a thread that has PvE SRP fits.

Oh no, I don't care about ratting. Over the course of the hellcamp I moved a bunch of expensive-ish subcaps to the E3 keep that I belatedly realized I should probably move somewhere else.

Thank you, though!

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Oh no, I don't care about ratting. Over the course of the hellcamp I moved a bunch of expensive-ish subcaps to the E3 keep that I belatedly realized I should probably move somewhere else.

Thank you, though!

I did the same thing. just moved some ships out and then loaded a dst with like 3b in abyssal loot. got lucky and just gated to 1dq with no issues now that there is no bridge at all, but if I was not paying as much attention to intel and stuff I'd have probably died.

a carrier can only hold so many ships :(

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
yeah the jump gate network is completely hosed right now

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

WilWheaton posted:

I am so proud that skimming this thread I keep seeing Delta Sqad getting mentioned , brings a tear to my eyes that you guys are out there just keeping poo poo classy still :3:

come back to this dumb game, ya dangus

edit: bring qwerty too

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

andromache posted:

If you want to help out, just ping me in the goonfleet jabber channel with your eve character you want the title on, since it's too much :effort: for me to figure out forum account via sa account.

Sapphirejb in goons, Fqubed_aran in the jabbers/mumbles

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Baculus posted:

this would be a nice start.

I have several bones to pick with the absolute fuckwits who post "doctrine" ships on contract and get poo poo wrong half the time. maybe this will help that problem.

(altho a lot of it is people obviously skimping on modules and extras so they can undercut other people throwing contracts up.)

if at all possible I'd love to see us maintain some of the standard fits people should use for armor gangs, chemos, and pve poo poo (abyssals mostly) - it would help take the guesswork out of fitting for our newer players or retvets who hear large smart bomb and immediately scream out "ILL BRING MY ROKH"

There are altcorps that provide proper fit ships though :colbert:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Honestly in a war I'd expect any jump bridge to be broken.

EDIT: changed gate to bridge because lol I'm dumb.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 12, 2021

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

I don't think it's really viable to do all that while mining your own minerals, you can but I think you'd burn out quickly. I used to make my own PI, but I just buy it now because I am still making a profit. I think you really need to get into reactions to make a good profit with T2. It's honestly not that difficult, you are pressing sort of the same buttons as manufacturing. Start out with one of the carbine you need and go from there.

I'd also recommend going into T2 modules, because IMO doctrine ships sell slowly and it's easier to invent. You don't really need decryptors for T2 mods because the base BPC is 10 runs. Generally mods are cheaper to make then ships so the more runs out of a BPC the better. Also make sure you are building in bulk, the more runs you do at a time the more manufacturing bonus will cut down on your cost.

The spreadsheet I built starts with a sheet that list all the materials I use and their market cost. On another sheet I have all the T2 components I use, I then calculate how many materials I need and the cost to make one component. On a third page I have listed out the T2 products I make with calucations for how many components and the final cost to produce one. This way I only have to update the cost of materials and I'll know what my profits will be for what I decide to build. There is/was a way to automate getting the prices from eve market apis but I was too lazy to add that.

Don't be afraid to experiment and figure out what works for you and what doesn't. If I can make isk doing manufacturing anyone can.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stereotype posted:

We have jump bridges?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Solus posted:

We have jump bridges?

No.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

andromache posted:

Jazzzzz posted:

Hell, once a month. Fittings don't update that often, and if there was a centralized changelog topic, you could just follow that thread and update poo poo as Arrendis or others log their changes.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

Hell, once a month. Fittings don't update that often, and if there was a centralized changelog topic, you could just follow that thread and update poo poo as Arrendis or others log their changes.

log in and accept your contracts on siobhan, these corpses are stinkin' up my hangar

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jazzzzz posted:

log in and accept your contracts on siobhan, these corpses are stinkin' up my hangar

yesssssss more corpses for the hoard

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Solus posted:

We have jump bridges?

Yes, they are these buttplug looking ships that shoot us to where we need to go.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Yes, they are these buttplug looking ships that shoot us to where we need to go.

sometimes the ship disappears suddenly instead of launching the fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Stereotype posted:

Yeah they are manufacturing slots. They don't take too long to build though

also according to my sheet you're going to barely break even if you buy the components at 1DQ1 Sell prices, and probably lose money if you include invention. If you buy the composites and build your own components though you'll make ~20%

if you make it all from raw goo bought at Jita Buy prices you make 65% :)

I decided to go through all my calculations again. I wanted to know exactly how much I could make by sourcing all components & minerals from Jita/Amarr if I simply bought from current sell orders.

Taking into account that I own a fully research Caracal BPO, each caracal would cost me ~14,742,578 if I build them myself, which is in line with current sell orders.
The cost of my Cerb BPC comes up to ~1,644,621 per cerberus considering I did 11 inventions, 4 of which succeeded allowing me to build up to 32 Cerbs. This includes cost of decryptors and Datacore.

Total cost of each cerberus (components + bpc + caracal) = ~178m. Cerbs currently sell for ~ 265m.

Now this does not account for logistic cost of bringing all that poo poo to 1DQ which I still have to figure out, but i'm tired and i spent all day working on Excel. Which I barely know how to use so :suicide:

Hopefully the fact that i'm in no hurry and will use buy orders to buy my components will allow me the make the first few cerbs profitable. As for the other 28, I will do as you suggested.

PS: Let me know if this sounds way off

Dalael fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 12, 2021