Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I'm tempted to Omega my 2nd account just to go putz around Trig space. What's a good low-SP ship to do that in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Jazzzzz posted:

I wasn't around for either of these people and had only heard of them through occasional mentions in the SA EVE thread.

Prencleve was just a nerd teen who had the common thing with nerd teens on the spectrum where they think they're superintelligent. Eve is catnip for someone like that, because there are stories of other nerds doing "sends his regards" etc and they think they have the guile to do that stuff. Prencleve was mostly harmless, unless it's possible to die of frendschamen.

(I am in this picture and don't like it, but thankfully the internet was barely a thing when I was 15 so there is no evidence.)

OTOH when nerd teens are in their 20s or 30s and they haven't grown up and out of this phase it's pretty repulsive, and that's Xenuria.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I remember a video Xenuria made in that era that was 15 solid minutes of him complaining about goons, interrupted only by his mom yelling to ask him if he wanted some mini tacos.

Prencleeve was funny, Xenuria was just weird.

I am glad my only claim to any sort of space remembrance, let alone "fame", is my carrier obsession. This would be the kind of fame I'd rather not be saddled with.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I take it the breakout got killed? At work crew represent :smith:

They threw down an engineering citadel, we know precisely when it'll come out of anchoring and when it'll be vulnerable.

They've had to resort to alarm-clocking in Asia/Aus TZ to try and get any kind of foothold.

Klyith posted:

(I am in this picture and don't like it, but thankfully the internet was barely a thing when I was 15 so there is no evidence.)

It's the little things that prevent us from being embarrassed forever. :v:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 13, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

They've had to resort to alarm-clocking in Asia/Aus TZ to try and get any kind of foothold.

Not alarm-clocking with the literal CCP Alliance.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Is that the actual Aaron Static or did he give away his character?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

I'm tempted to Omega my 2nd account just to go putz around Trig space. What's a good low-SP ship to do that in?

Don't even need omega, unless you want to multibox.

One of the T1 scanning frigates, a couple MTUs, and a target painter. Paint drifters in fleet battles to get standing gains, and drop an MTU to scoop up the poo poo to trade at the trig LP store.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Klyith posted:

OTOH when nerd teens are in their 20s or 30s and they haven't grown up and out of this phase it's pretty repulsive, and that's Xenuria.

That picture of Xenuria's red and black satin gently caress dungeon in that helldump thread sure is a loving thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rudeboy Detective posted:

That picture of Xenuria's red and black satin gently caress dungeon in that helldump thread sure is a loving thing.

I’m sorry his what

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Floppychop posted:

Don't even need omega, unless you want to multibox.

One of the T1 scanning frigates, a couple MTUs, and a target painter. Paint drifters in fleet battles to get standing gains, and drop an MTU to scoop up the poo poo to trade at the trig LP store.

Thanks!

capn
Nov 30, 2004

Arrr, It's touchin' me balls

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Is that the actual Aaron Static or did he give away his character?

It is him, somehow a bunch of old Anzac squad have started playing again.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

:catdrugs: + :coolfish: = :fishdrugs:?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’m sorry his what

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/298495-world-war-bee-battlestations/

Some big bathdoom energy

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A random papi krab tries to log in their bottijg super into T5Z but then remembers when vily told him to jump into M2:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
red walls with black trim is garish.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Big Sith vibes from the color scheme and the stock price tracker.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Baculus posted:

xenuria@goonfleet.com/Home: Ignore my advice at your own peril.

This is some weird rear end pubbie poo poo.
Pretty sure you can just ignore the random publords that fill our alliance. That's what I do.

They're better than the rest of eve, they've learnt over the years. But they can still be pretty strange.
Case in point with this ominous warning of peril.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So i didn't want to join a fleet last night and instead fit a disruptor to a thrasher and sat on the M2- -> KEE gate and killed a munin and an eagle as they ran away as well as a Federation Navy Comet as it tried to join the battle late. I don't know what happened in the actual battle but their nightly strategy of titan bridging into M2-, loving around for like 10 minutes, and then flying home to T5ZI with their tail between their legs does not seem particularly likely to progress either any strategic goals nor improve morale.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

capn posted:

It is him, somehow a bunch of old Anzac squad have started playing again.

should make our own squad again. i was a bit sad when i saw there was no more anzac squad when i finally logged back in.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also I wish i knew a better way to find people for "small gang" pvp stuff. Like even just two people is a massive advantage over just me, though I have been having fairly good results with just a claw in the TEST jb pipe from esoteria.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Stereotype posted:

So i didn't want to join a fleet last night and instead fit a disruptor to a thrasher and sat on the M2- -> KEE gate and killed a munin and an eagle as they ran away as well as a Federation Navy Comet as it tried to join the battle late. I don't know what happened in the actual battle but their nightly strategy of titan bridging into M2-, loving around for like 10 minutes, and then flying home to T5ZI with their tail between their legs does not seem particularly likely to progress either any strategic goals nor improve morale.

I mean, they're going to have Improved Morale™ for 36 hours while that Azbel is anchoring, and their morale will go down again when it gets blasted to subatomics

edit: also I am going to quote myself from some months back

SpaceDrake posted:

Apropos of nothing, the fact that EVE-O's most consistent, most-viewed streamer when INN isn't online is a USMC recruiter makes me want to violently vomit.

in january 2021 i am genuinely laughing my physical rear end off at this

go gently caress off to star citizen and never ever ever return, ron you piece of garbage

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 14, 2021

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Stereotype posted:

Also I wish i knew a better way to find people for "small gang" pvp stuff. Like even just two people is a massive advantage over just me, though I have been having fairly good results with just a claw in the TEST jb pipe from esoteria.

Hit up Delta Sqad(sic) in w6v in Querious

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I've only gotten far enough to complete the career tutorial missions and got a Cormorant out of it. How stupid would I be for trying to fly it home to 1DQ1-A? I already set my home there and know I could just suicide.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

If you're into that, come to Querious

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

SpikeMcclane posted:

I've only gotten far enough to complete the career tutorial missions and got a Cormorant out of it. How stupid would I be for trying to fly it home to 1DQ1-A? I already set my home there and know I could just suicide.

You probably won't make it but it's not like you'll lose anything of value either. I think flying long distances is kind of fun until the novelty wears off, to be honest - you get a good sense of the scale of the game. Just set your clone to 1DQ1 and see how far you get.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

raminasi posted:

You probably won't make it but it's not like you'll lose anything of value either. I think flying long distances is kind of fun until the novelty wears off, to be honest - you get a good sense of the scale of the game. Just set your clone to 1DQ1 and see how far you get.

Pretty much this. There's virtually no way you'll make it, but the trip from Caldari space in particular down to Delve will give you a sense of the sheer scale of the game if you haven't made a huge trip like that before. And when you get blown up and podded down to 1DQ, you'll easily be able to get replacement stuff (GS_Frigates will give you frigs for free).

If you don't know how to set your home clone to 1DQ, instructions are up to date on goonwiki.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SpikeMcclane posted:

The problem is that the previous system to 1DQ on your flight, T5ZI, is papi's occupation HQ where all their dudes hang out. So if you get that far you'll probably die 1 jump from the end, after a long boring flight. A cormorant is not worth any effort if that's why you want to bring it.

But try it anyways if you want to take a tour through eve. If you wanna get maximum tourist value, the "New Eden" system is basically on the way from Caldari space. You could try to see the Eve Gate along the trip.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It's more for something dumb to do as I'm learning how the game even works. I guess I'll try to get more UI and utility stuff sorted tomorrow and then see how far I can get. And inevitably swear revenge against whoever blows me up.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I flew to Delve from whatever the Minmitar starting location is in a Rifter and made it. That was before we got pushed way back though. Definitely give it a try.

When you get to Delve go in either the back way through E3- or the other back way through 3-DMQT, just not through T5ZI.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

It's more for something dumb to do as I'm learning how the game even works. I guess I'll try to get more UI and utility stuff sorted tomorrow and then see how far I can get. And inevitably swear revenge against whoever blows me up.

You'll get caught on a gate but you're right, dying is the best way to learn

Welcome and post your in-game name in goonfleet on jabber

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Solus posted:

Hit up Delta Sqad(sic) in w6v in Querious

Phlegmish posted:

If you're into that, come to Querious

I've been down there a few times :) That's where my claw with killmarks is! I just got a $10m alliance bounty reward :cool:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I flew from Jita to Delve in a frig when I joined my first nullsec alliance, would recommend.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Fanelien posted:

should make our own squad again. i was a bit sad when i saw there was no more anzac squad when i finally logged back in.

I don't suppose any of you old ANZAC hands know who ended up with my cap pilot (Naomi Ashikaga) and why they hosed off to NC.

edit: corrected alliance, now the character is in Barbed Wire Canoe, whatever the gently caress corp that is

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stereotype posted:

if you want to do this in m2- and the surrounding systems, i'd totally be down to jump in a ceptor, assault frigate or dictor. i was already toying with the idea of getting a jaguar as a small gang heavy tackler and would love to try it out!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The problem is that Delve is going to be poor for "small gang" stuff because the enemy's entire war plan calls for n+1; they will ALWAYS want to outnumber you, overwhelmingly. loving around is a great way to make them freak out and drop poo poo on you, but for getting ~good fights~ you'll really need to at least get out to Querious and Period Basis, if not cross the great void into the central south and go to Catch or Immensea.

Some of the frigate fits with all the new trig goo and whatnot are evidently loving hilarious, but yeah, Delve is probably a poor place for it right now. You deffo want to hit up Delta and the other folks doing stuff in the bads' backyards.

capn
Nov 30, 2004

Arrr, It's touchin' me balls

Jazzzzz posted:

I don't suppose any of you old ANZAC hands know who ended up with my cap pilot (Naomi Ashikaga) and why they hosed off to NC.

edit: corrected alliance, now the character is in Barbed Wire Canoe, whatever the gently caress corp that is

I know elusif was always offering to take people's characters when they felt like leaving. If you gave it to someone they may have given it to him to sell

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

capn posted:

I know elusif was always offering to take people's characters when they felt like leaving. If you gave it to someone they may have given it to him to sell

You'd have to track him down first. Elusif got hellbanned from GSF years ago, though I forget why. It wasn't RMT related; when DJ got tipped off almost a decade ago we killed all the RMT in GSF to keep supercap pilots from getting banned and elusif was still in jabber for years later.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
elusif is really easy to find but if he had access to your characters they'd have been sold or banned by now

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Klyith posted:

The problem is that the previous system to 1DQ on your flight, T5ZI, is papi's occupation HQ where all their dudes hang out. So if you get that far you'll probably die 1 jump from the end, after a long boring flight. A cormorant is not worth any effort if that's why you want to bring it.

But try it anyways if you want to take a tour through eve. If you wanna get maximum tourist value, the "New Eden" system is basically on the way from Caldari space. You could try to see the Eve Gate along the trip.

papi gatecamp as well as they do on their nightly M2- raids - i.e. not well at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You'd have to track him down first. Elusif got hellbanned from GSF years ago, though I forget why. It wasn't RMT related; when DJ got tipped off almost a decade ago we killed all the RMT in GSF to keep supercap pilots from getting banned and elusif was still in jabber for years later.

He knowingly vouched a guy whose sole purpose for joining was exporting supercaps or something. Pretty sure there was some evemail about it years ago