Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/pocketcitygame/status/1350838109466976264?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the best non-Dungeon-Warfare tower defense game on here? Premium is preferred. I excluded those two because I already have them.

The next best one is Bloons TD 6. There is IAP in there but you'd be a fool to buy it as everything it offers can be earned in game really easily.

Lots of towers, lots of upgrades, lots of maps, and lots of updates.

The Kingdom Rush series is good too, but I feel they tend to push you towards purchasing IAP.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, I've still got 70-80% wins and I'm about to graduate out of gold rank, I don't think you'd get that on a real rng game.

Update on Dicast, I'm now midway through Platinum 1 rank, which is barely outside of the Top 100 US players, and I'm now starting to get into the area that some would consider P2W. I've sank to probably about 50% wins, if not a little less, and my losses are usually from people with tricked out heroes and such.

I've got 330 matches played, 200 wins, and I'm just now getting to some bullshit, so I'm honestly pretty happy with my time spent from this game. I've had some pretty bullshit losses, but I'm still gaining rank at a good clip, so its not THAT bad. I'd still recommend it!

Also they seem to be closing down the MonsterJack game mode. Kind of a weird choice, its a decent gold faucet, but I can also see it just being kind of a frustrating co-op mode in a competitive game.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kris xK posted:

The next best one is Bloons TD 6. There is IAP in there but you'd be a fool to buy it as everything it offers can be earned in game really easily.

Lots of towers, lots of upgrades, lots of maps, and lots of updates.

The Kingdom Rush series is good too, but I feel they tend to push you towards purchasing IAP.

Really I feel the opposite? I guess if you are a super completion person and want the paid heroes to help finish the bonus levels. Vengeance did have some annoying changes though between having paid towers and loving with the stars and rewards. Still good though and plenty of powerhouse towers to get you through the main campaign.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

staplegun posted:

If anyone is still interested, there's a new spot open in the goon Shop Titans guild. Just reply with your ID and i'll send an invite

Everyone in the Shop Titans crew is really. Ice and helpful

Sorry I vanished on y'all. Work has had me super stressed out. Thanks for the good times y'all

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Go RV! posted:

Update on Dicast, I'm now midway through Platinum 1 rank, which is barely outside of the Top 100 US players, and I'm now starting to get into the area that some would consider P2W. I've sank to probably about 50% wins, if not a little less, and my losses are usually from people with tricked out heroes and such.

I've got 330 matches played, 200 wins, and I'm just now getting to some bullshit, so I'm honestly pretty happy with my time spent from this game. I've had some pretty bullshit losses, but I'm still gaining rank at a good clip, so its not THAT bad. I'd still recommend it!

Also they seem to be closing down the MonsterJack game mode. Kind of a weird choice, its a decent gold faucet, but I can also see it just being kind of a frustrating co-op mode in a competitive game.

Hitting the same point with the similar feelings, most of my opponents are now double my health with lvl 5+ bases and all the special cards. Leading to more optimistic strategy and concentration on one hero/strategy which was not what kept me interested early.

For anyone that has played for a while, does gold stop being the gate? Didn't anticipate that adequately and after completing the locoi quest have just enough to where I can choose between making grey or exer lvl 5, don't really enjoy playing as either so will at least wait until I see what's after MonsterJack.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Agoat posted:

Sorry I vanished on y'all. Work has had me super stressed out. Thanks for the good times y'all

If you lose your spot and want to come back then just post and we'll get you the next one.

The bulk of the new spots recently were the town hall rebalance (and we are mighty close to another level there)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

keeper posted:

Hitting the same point with the similar feelings, most of my opponents are now double my health with lvl 5+ bases and all the special cards. Leading to more optimistic strategy and concentration on one hero/strategy which was not what kept me interested early.

For anyone that has played for a while, does gold stop being the gate? Didn't anticipate that adequately and after completing the locoi quest have just enough to where I can choose between making grey or exer lvl 5, don't really enjoy playing as either so will at least wait until I see what's after MonsterJack.

Yeah I'm around mid gold 1 tier with a level 4 Locoi and level 3 base and it will take like 50000 more gold to level each up once, even after finishing the Locoi quest line.

Admittedly I made some sloppy choices early on with my economy but right now that's a big bottleneck and the easiest way out is to buy this $15 starter package. That's how they getcha!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
In Dicast, getting to a hero and base level 5 is a big gold cost, but after that, hero tokens are your main gate. Then you can spend your gold on other heroes and bases. I started playing in June and just today hit level 5 with all the heroes and bases except Locoi and Breezey Bastion, because those are the latest releases and I don't have enough tokens for them yet. Next I'll be spending my gold on premium chests. As a F2P player, equipment tokens have never been a bottleneck, so don't bother spending anything on those.

Now I can freely choose which heroes and bases to play and I feel pretty evenly matched up into the diamond league. I don't have time to get past that, even though my rank keeps climbing if I keep playing. At the end of each season it drops everybody down to the previous league I think.

Monster Jack has come and gone a few times now, slightly updated each time. They haven't had any other extra games yet, but I'd guess some sort of 4 vs 4 is coming next because there's a tab for that in the guild screen. There will probably be a break with no event for a little while.

Getting a base to level 5 is also a big income boost, because you can passively "craft" gold, gems, and equipment tokens.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Len posted:

Well it defaults to controller and doesn't tell you that or accept certain inputs until you turn it off. I had to google a bit to figure out why i couldn't select the empty save slot

I didn't really have any input issues and find the controls mostly okay, you lack some finesse with the stick movement on the touchscreen and also I kinda hate the action button being glued to the very right side of the screen because of the way I hold my phone. That said, I'm rear end deep back in this game and holy poo poo I love Forager. I already mostly finished it way back when it first came out but haven't seen any of the new content that was added and there's a good deal more. The gradual ramp-up from picking individual flowers and chopping down trees to shooting lightning bolts at everything and making everything explode is extremely satisfying.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dicast is doing a "use a variety of players" event, can someone explain what's going on with Decster? The first skill (copies cards on attack, if overflow does extra damage) and third skill (sometimes spends a card to block opponent's special card) seem clear enough but the second skill seems to be going off a lot of times I don't expect it. What does "once you have self-received a special card" mean? My current hunch is it goes off at the end of the turn regardless of when you activated it, which is leading to all the strange assumed triggers.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Bruceski posted:

Dicast is doing a "use a variety of players" event, can someone explain what's going on with Decster? The first skill (copies cards on attack, if overflow does extra damage) and third skill (sometimes spends a card to block opponent's special card) seem clear enough but the second skill seems to be going off a lot of times I don't expect it. What does "once you have self-received a special card" mean? My current hunch is it goes off at the end of the turn regardless of when you activated it, which is leading to all the strange assumed triggers.

When you draw a special card either from copying or any other draw you will deal damage. What I can't really figure out is which ones are "special".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

mirror123 posted:

When you draw a special card either from copying or any other draw you will deal damage. What I can't really figure out is which ones are "special".

Thing is, I've had it go off when I step on a trap or lose to a monster hunt.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Hm are you sure? That seems like the nurse's ability, which triggers with any damage taken.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

mirror123 posted:

Hm are you sure? That seems like the nurse's ability, which triggers with any damage taken.

Yeah, that's why I was trying to figure it out. Definitely Decster.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Loonytoad Quack posted:

You (and everyone else in thread who's requested to join so far) are in. I've got an outstanding request for "keepersa", is that anyone here?

We'll be at max capacity for a very short while after that but we nearly have enough check-in shields to expand by another 5.

requested to join as 'Great Goons'

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

also make sure to add people to your friends there's some event going on that pays you out for padding your list

also one for battling them

Agrocrag
Oct 22, 2004

True love at last
Requested Raid Goons as Yoyomajetski.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Thing is, I've had it go off when I step on a trap or lose to a monster hunt.
d
This one took me a while to figure out too. When you draw a special card from your deck, it triggers the ability at the end of the turn. So if you draw a Shuffle card, then roll and land on a trap, it will still trigger your ability.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Applied as AppleMaster.
Similar place as the rest of you, in platinum but occasionally get stomped by people who start with like 55hp and 10 ap.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

ZionestLord posted:

requested to join as 'Great Goons'
I don't have any active request for you, sorry - there is space if you want to join now though?

Mr_Chicken posted:

Applied as AppleMaster.
Similar place as the rest of you, in platinum but occasionally get stomped by people who start with like 55hp and 10 ap.
You're in.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
oops quoted the wrong person, i was looking for a raid boss alliance invite. (which i got thanks)

My bad.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

:siren: Last call for 2 open spots in the goon Shop Titans guild for anyone interested in the game :siren:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I don't have any active request for you, sorry - there is space if you want to join now though?

I just applied as Wondercats

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Looking for a premium game that is something like Starcrawlers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Farquar posted:

d
This one took me a while to figure out too. When you draw a special card from your deck, it triggers the ability at the end of the turn. So if you draw a Shuffle card, then roll and land on a trap, it will still trigger your ability.

Good to have confirmation. That's the only thing I could figure but there were enough times of not paying attention and expecting it to go off when it didn't or vice-versa.

Chef Tony
Jun 13, 2005

The Miracle Blade will stay sharp the first time, the fourth time, everytime!

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Signed up under the name ChefTony.

Dr_Mario
Sep 7, 2010

staplegun posted:

:siren: Last call for 2 open spots in the goon Shop Titans guild for anyone interested in the game :siren:

DrMario#76855 If there is still open spots.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Dr_Mario posted:

DrMario#76855 If there is still open spots.

Sent! One more spot open.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Diecast.

I love stomping on Greyhens and just had a round that went unusually long, we both used Time Sickle at max turn limit. I like playing Ivy with a Tactical Tent so my AP gets real high and we both on single figures health by the end but I could manuever to the attack first. Felt gooood.

What are your decks?
I use high, low, return, swap and -1. takes a bit of luck but when it works it really works.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Diecast players, make sure you check out their Facebook page, lots of codes for gold and cards.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sleekly posted:

What are your decks?
I use high, low, return, swap and -1. takes a bit of luck but when it works it really works.

My dude is Goldberg, Tactical Tent, Return/-1/Swap/Negative/High

Use the negatives to either dance back and forth on your base to crank your AP fast, or seed your terrible bombs around the place, and then if you land in a particularly juicy spot, swap in and deal like 25 damage instantly.

Goldberg eats Greyhan for breakfast, but I don't think I've won a Trixie match, due to getting a fuckin pill off every barrel.

Trampus posted:

Diecast players, make sure you check out their Facebook page, lots of codes for gold and cards.

oh nice, thank you

also, if you join their discord, they do a 200 gem giveaway every week

e: all the codes are XXXX2021, where the Xs are the following:
elm, locoi, goldmine, vloot, flame, gold, ivy, cathedral, goldberg, coffin, greyhen, exer, tent

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 21, 2021

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm not really sure what I expected from Dicast but it's not this and I am loving this.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
I blew some fun money leveling up Locoi and he's fun as hell. Return and -1 for base leveling shenanigans then odd dice for seeding skeletons everywhere, max your skelly skill then pump up onslaught and hit for 25+

Stayclousey, add me if you wanna do the friend achievements and whatnot and I applied to dicedicebaby

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

antisocial86 posted:

Stayclousey, add me if you wanna do the friend achievements and whatnot and I applied to dicedicebaby
We're currently full (only have 15 slots) but should have enough shields to upgrade for another 5 slots in 2 or 3 days.

The following goon hasn't signed in for nearly 5 days, if they haven't logged in by this evening I will kick and let you in instead, they can always re-join when we expand:

van fem posted:

Applied as Miyori.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Do the player levels mean anything in Dicast? Matchmaking is affected by rank, and I don't think the contents of the chests go up with levels (or I haven't been paying attention)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm using Locoi and my load out is Return, Swap, - 1 and Lock Even or whatever it's called. They're expensive enough I only have the four.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Loonytoad Quack posted:

We're currently full (only have 15 slots) but should have enough shields to upgrade for another 5 slots in 2 or 3 days.

The following goon hasn't signed in for nearly 5 days, if they haven't logged in by this evening I will kick and let you in instead, they can always re-join when we expand:

I tried to buy more slots with gems but apparently only the guild master can do that. If you're able to transfer ownership to me (LordSwifticus), I can buy 5 more slots and transfer it back.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

Farquar posted:

I tried to buy more slots with gems but apparently only the guild master can do that. If you're able to transfer ownership to me (LordSwifticus), I can buy 5 more slots and transfer it back.

More than happy to do that but might as well wait until we get another request now, we'll have enough shields by the weekend and currently nobody else wants in (I kicked the guy who hadn't logged in for 5 days in the end).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Dicast is giving me serious culdcept vibes, hell yeah.