Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
When you’re a publicly traded company dependent on the independent contractor business model you are going to avoid saying things like “he was fired for getting sick” or “we exert control over our not-employees outside of business hours”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1359912137829863431?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mob posted:

I've been listening to ZSJ's cover of 4'33" ever since the accusations against Marty and Havoc came out last summer

Why the hell did ZSJ cover a song about Adam Cole

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
4'33" is actually Ca-ZEXAL's height.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What a threat.

Also, I can buy HHH not knowing what happened to Cutler, it’s a huge company and Paul is just a lowly Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Repackage Keith Lee as "The Internet Male" :goodshit:

Keith "Well Actual" Lee

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
HE CALLS THAT THE M'LADY

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I’m sure this has nothing to do with another promotion working out of Florida having success with their women’s division

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1359925667840851976

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CombineThresher posted:

Keith "Well Actual" Lee
lmao

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sigma posted:

I’m sure this has nothing to do with another promotion working out of Florida having success with their women’s division

The marathon not a sprint comes from they will buy up all the talent.

I got a friend of a friend in MPW who is being pursued hard since she appeared on AEW.

Gonna get wild in the coming months. The tag team tournament Wwe is doing is specifically because AEW is the premier destination for tag teams right now and they lost out on Bear Country (who never wanted to go there anyway).

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ICR posted:

I got a friend of a friend in MPW who is being pursued hard since she appeared on AEW.

Gonna get wild in the coming months. The tag team tournament Wwe is doing is specifically because AEW is the premier destination for tag teams right now and they lost out on Bear Country (who never wanted to go there anyway).

It's also worth noting that while WWE/NXT have bigger and more visible women's divisions, their booking of said divisions is loving terrible and they've ruined more than a few can't-miss prospects in just the past year or two.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

It's also worth noting that while WWE/NXT have bigger and more visible women's divisions, their booking of said divisions is loving terrible and they've ruined more than a few can't-miss prospects in just the past year or two.

I'm not really so down on WWE's women's divisions at all. The matches are good to great, the right people are champions right now and it's arguably the most diverse roster on the planet with every woman's gimmick being totally unique to her. They're pushing Bianca who is a star, they're finally letting Sasha have the superstar run she deserves, and Asuka is the most decorated woman in WWE history. I can't find much to dislike outside of maybe the fact that NXT goes nowhere, but that's not something that can or will ever change. In the meantime some of the NXT's women's matches are among the best of the year regularly. I think the women's wargames match from two years ago is a top 5 war games match in general.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm not really so down on WWE's women's divisions at all. The matches are good to great, the right people are champions right now and it's arguably the most diverse roster on the planet with every woman's gimmick being totally unique to her. They're pushing Bianca who is a star, they're finally letting Sasha have the superstar run she deserves, and Asuka is the most decorated woman in WWE history. I can't find much to dislike outside of maybe the fact that NXT goes nowhere, but that's not something that can or will ever change. In the meantime some of the NXT's women's matches are among the best of the year regularly. I think the women's wargames match from two years ago is a top 5 war games match in general.

Agreeing with the diversity and that Bianca is something special, but I don't have any confidence in them not loving things up with her the way they did with Rhea Ripley, among others. It's an extension of the problem I have with WWE's booking overall; there's no point getting invested in any of these people because they'll get cooled off the second they get too popular.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://twitter.com/PAvalon/status/1359965737968832513

I swear, Jerry Lynn is living his best life right now.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

That photo just made me realize that if PPA is the latest iteration of the Rick Martel/Rick Rude/Val Venis line, he doesn’t creep on ladies at all, and doesn’t even seem interested in sex, but surrounds himself in the trappings of someone who does?

It’s just such a weird gimmick, in a fun way.

Edit: I can also tell when we’ve had a good Hangman episode because I want to talk about motivations and character decisions rather than the coolest match to fantasy book.

Edit 2: this is not the AEW thread. Whoops!

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 12, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jonny Nox posted:

That photo just made me realize that if PPA is the latest iteration of the Rick Martel/Rick Rude/Val Venis line, he doesn’t creep on ladies at all, and doesn’t even seem interested in sex, but surrounds himself in the trappings of someone who does?

He seems more interested in male hunks which is kind of a running theme in AEW along with Dark Order

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jonny Nox posted:

He's pro wrestling's second Ace gimmick after Tanahashi.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ganso Bomb posted:

He seems more interested in male hunks which is kind of a running theme in AEW along with Dark Order

https://mobile.twitter.com/510njpw/status/1359876124914814988

"I've been horny"

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1359996044407427081

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Congratulations to them. I wonder how many times Keith said “M’Lady” in his proposal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

absolutely gutted. melton shipping for 13 years. down the drain.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Eat My Fuc posted:

Congratulations to them. I wonder how many times Keith said “M’Lady” in his proposal

It’s too bad Cameron Grimes is already doing an epic reddit guy gimmick on nxt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

One of my favorite things in wrestling is that whenever anyone needs to take responsibility for anything at all that happens regarding the roster in WWE Triple H conveniently never has any idea what anyone is talking about

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stan Lane is the father of the year. The most Fabulous One.

https://twitter.com/panda4bernie/status/1359583061797724165

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which stan lane is it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stan knew even from her birth what she was and did the only reasonable thing.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol plot twist of the loving century

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

Robot, super young or bad hair tweet?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MassRafTer posted:

Robert Bobert

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/realkeithlee/status/1359587689159397378?s=21

For those unfamiliar, Tom MacDonald is a straight up horrible white YouTube rapper who sings anti-political correctness songs and raps against cancel culture

A rapper named "Tom MacDonald" sounds like the name of a "comedian" who raps nursery school rhymes

MassRafTer posted:

Awaiting the feud where it's revealed that Dennis Condrey was the Original Boebert Absentee Dad and Stan Lane stepped in to replace him when he noped out

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
https://twitter.com/SadiqoJN/status/1070995854272675840

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Robot, super young or bad hair tweet?

Bad hair tweeter!

Hey, I love the other two though! They’re great and got a super bright future ahead.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

Bad hair tweeter!

Hey, I love the other two though! They’re great and got a super bright future ahead.

That’s who I would’ve guessed. I think everyone they’ve brought in from MPW have potential for sure, but Wrenkowski has seemed most TV ready, would love to see her stick with a TV show I actually watch.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That’s who I would’ve guessed. I think everyone they’ve brought in from MPW have potential for sure, but Wrenkowski has seemed most TV ready, would love to see her stick with a TV show I actually watch.

Me too! She’ll go wherever the contract comes. Still nothing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Boebert was delivered on a glass table with Robert Gibson laying underneath it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

sportsgenius86 posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Tom Macdonald does shock music about being cancelled I don’t think he’s calling for extermination of the Jews. Also I’ve never listened to him that closely, but I’m also not about to call a black man racist or whatever because of a guy he listens to at the gym.