Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is a vote that I believe would need 60 votes so it's DOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
crazy bernie

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1366422301034631170?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1366499194073194500?s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1219088964365291521

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

when women succeed, America succeeds

ah gently caress, do i have to become a misogynist now. i don't want to.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

truly a fake new yorker

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blockade posted:

My favorite I see a lot is 'folx'

We tortured some folx

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

We tortured some folx

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

look i know you deserve $15 but company policy is that we cant do raises outside of schedule so my hands are tied but keep up the hard work and ill see what i can do in 6 months :)

This exact thing happened to my friend; they'd keep telling him "you're appreciated and maybe we'll look at it next performance review" when he'd ask.

He ended up finally being promoted because he took a couple weeks off and everything fell apart without him there. His pay is still far too low, but at least it's a bit less terrible than it was (I think his raise was from $13/hr to $17 or $18/hr and he's been working there like 10 years or something).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT BURNS US

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

*hurrrrkkkggghhhhhhuuuuu

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Guess who's back

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/541065-clinton-on-cuomo-these-stories-are-difficult-to-read-and-the-allegations?rl=1

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

I wonder if Yang dips his pizza in ranch or thousand island (ranch is better imo)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

"Manchin drinks moonshine on the job"

Boys, is manchin.... Based????

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1366550861342777346
https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/1366554749202489345

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

This is a vote that I believe would need 60 votes so it's DOA.

https://twitter.com/elizabethcrisp/status/1366522669148086279?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

But. Will. It. Solve. RACISM?!?!?!?!?!!:ssj:

*crowd cheers ecstatically*

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

jesus christ

quote:

The governor was working the room after toasting the newlyweds, and when he came upon Ms. Ruch, now 33, she thanked him for his kind words about her friends. But what happened next instantly unsettled her: Mr. Cuomo put his hand on Ms. Ruch’s bare lower back, she said in an interview on Monday.

When she removed his hand with her own, Ms. Ruch recalled, the governor remarked that she seemed “aggressive” and placed his hands on her cheeks. He asked if he could kiss her, loudly enough for a friend standing nearby to hear. Ms. Ruch was bewildered by the entreaty, she said, and pulled away as the governor drew closer.

“I was so confused and shocked and embarrassed,” said Ms. Ruch, whose recollection was corroborated by the friend, contemporaneous text messages and photographs from the event. “I turned my head away and didn’t have words in that moment.”

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol if Cuomo's ego makes him point at Biden and how he got a pass

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

I expect Cuomo to get thrown under the bus bc he has definitely done a lot of sex assault and this is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I can't hate andrew yang, i just... i just can't.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I expect Cuomo to get thrown under the bus bc he has definitely done a lot of sex assault and this is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

also, his COVID response is a rabbit hole many other people in power don't want to do down.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

There is no way this bill is anything but an affront to the memory of Floyd and all the other vitcims of police savagery.

I just started glancing through it, the first thing it does after the definition of terms is eliminate the federal death penalty for “deprivation of rights under color of law” resulting in a death.

the second thing it does eliminate qualified immunity so that’s good. unless it doesn’t actually do that

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The death penalty is horseshit and should be banned imo, so they've done one good thing

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'll be there with you calling everyone "dude"

i'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes hey

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

also, his COVID response is a rabbit hole many other people in power don't want to do down.

i just read a story today about some nursing home for japanese-americans being one of the hardest hit places in LA over the past few months and it was because the loving state shoved covid patients into nursing homes in exchange for payments

loving monsters, all of them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Lol he'll probably be president by 2029

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

hobbesmaster posted:

I just started glancing through it, the first thing it does after the definition of terms is eliminate the federal death penalty for “deprivation of rights under color of law” resulting in a death.

the second thing it does eliminate qualified immunity so that’s good. unless it doesn’t actually do that

it's not gonna pass so it really doesn't matter what it says

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol bullying works
https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1366543370257002496

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

Grapplejack posted:

The death penalty is horseshit and should be banned imo, so they've done one good thing

got no problem with killing cops, but I don't want the government to be the ones doing it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lmao

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

loquacius posted:

"Womyn" was invented based on a false etymology, where the people who came up with it thought the original word really is just "man" with a "wo" prefix and didn't bother looking it up; "womxn" appears to have even less thought behind it

As a Latin nerd the word "herstory" infuriates me because did they really think a word as old as "history" is actually just a portmanteau of "his" and "story", that's just so dumb

I thought it did though, only "man" was originally a neuter term for humans in general, then you had "wifeman" as the origin of "woman", while the since lost male version was "wehrman" ("fighting human", same root as Wehrmacht), but that's all vague memories from years ago so could be wrong.

You're obviously right about history though. I guess lots of people were confused by the Michael Jackson album

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
M'wifeman

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Has Yang been to Bubba Gump yet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
m'ladixs

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

shyduck posted:

Has Yang been to Bubba Gump yet

Times Square Olive Garden is obviously the correct next step

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I think it would be much easier and less stressful if we just called every single person, regardless of how they classify themselves, a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lmxo