Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1368261043693252611?s=20

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1368252622243651586?s=20

so the dems negotiated with themselves into making GBS threads out a bill with less money for less people lol

The democrats!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

wow maybe this thread owes dnd a little apology since the democratic party has rescued struggling americans from covid

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
i made 5k last year (quit a minimum wage job in the middle of the year) and am getting 1400 back. last year i made 8k (same minimum wage job, worked half the year bc i was hired in july) and got a similar amount back. it definitely is a big help for my poor self

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

What's True

everything you said

What's False

we don't like the way you said it
lol

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Salean posted:

wow maybe this thread owes dnd a little apology since the democratic party has rescued struggling americans from covid

lmao the covid numbers are going to quietly be going down for some weird reason huh

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

This is good but I bet a LOT of people are going to have already filed their taxes to get their refund and won't realize that they can refile to get more back with this change.

Yes but if they lost their job in 2020 they had to file or benefits would be based on 2019 income lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

The democrats!

Lmao dems like Sinema are basically a GOP 5th column embedded in the party.

For the basics of negotiating the only reason why you would water down the House bill would be to hypothetically gain additional
votes from the opposition party.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

why does everything have to be so aggressively terrible all of the time

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Bideo James posted:

poor people dont get money back on taxes

I work with people who overpay in taxes so their refund check is larger ,smh

I try to keep it 0 every year but the new tax law and unclear deduction issues between state and federal make it a little harder. used the online calculator on IRS and it was like my spouse can use 2 or something and mine was like over 10 for deductions. it’s a toss up this year with furloughed unemployment mixed in.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yes but if they lost their job in 2020 they had to file or benefits would be based on 2019 income lol

Actually if you were in that situation and filed your 2020 return already in order to make sure you get the 1400 bucks you would have gotten screwed if you payed taxes on unemployment benefits in 2020.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Salean posted:

wow maybe this thread owes dnd

gently caress you/them

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

sonatinas posted:

I work with people who overpay in taxes so their refund check is larger ,smh

we were taught to do this in Texas public schooling from mid 90s to mid 2000s

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Bideo James posted:

lmao the covid numbers are going to quietly be going down for some weird reason huh

states are gonna stop counting like Ohio did

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

beginning to think this election probably was stolen so life can go back to normal!

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Bideo James posted:

beginning to think this election probably was stolen so life can go back to normal!

Many people are saying this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no normal to go back to, but it sure won't stop some from pretending

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

1.9 trillion dollars and we got less than trump gave us

amazing stuff

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao @ the half-hearted audience golf clap

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

why does everything have to be so aggressively terrible all of the time

:capitalism:

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

comedyblissoption posted:

lmao @ the half-hearted audience golf clap

imagine what type of person went to a bernie event in october

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump was more accessible to the media

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Joe attempts to talk to reporters under a helicopter, is buffetted by winds and blown away

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Libs: But what if the Dems don't tickle Manchin's balls??? Then he may be replaced by a Republican!

Prorogressives So then why aren't the Dems focusing on pressuring him into getting in line/pouring money into progressive candidates in other states?

Libs: Look over there! It's Bernie making Libs looks bad!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shows just how much things have changed since 2008. Even our worst "blue dogs" now are much much better than the absolute shitfest we had to deal with during Obama's presidency.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nichael posted:

In 2024 when Manchin and Sinema are eligible to be primaried, there is zero chance that libs clamoring for it today support it.

:hmmyes::a2m:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Picks new AV is hilarious and perfect for her. :allears:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

x/post from the biden thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LOL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I still can't believe how lucky we are that the Dems swept the GA senate seats. We would've been hosed with a GOP Senate

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

:discourse:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Picks new AV is hilarious and perfect for her. :allears:

Absolutely because just like the video it's difficult to tell if the content is sarcasm or something as real person believes

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Reality is no longer the truth

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

its a real quote too lol

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540711-lucky-excerpt-obama-went-to-bat-for-warren?rl=1

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

a helpful bear posted:

Absolutely because just like the video it's difficult to tell if the content is sarcasm or something as real person believes

did anyone really think that vid may have been ironic???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i wonder if this will finally get pete to stop with the obama accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

*Quantum Leap meme*

Scott Bakula: ...I'm SINEMA?