Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i'll start writing the manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Let them fight.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Pump Jockey posted:

The claim that the palace wouldn’t give her mental healthcare is real fishy considering the other princes have all been very public about being in therapy themselves and do a poo poo ton of work with mental health charities.

no, in 2021 you definitely have to ask the queen permission to summon the royal headshrink and sit through an hour-long presentation on colloidal silver from prince charles like you're at the court of louis xiv, you can't just go to the doctor yourself like a normal person

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Can't the Queen just dissolve Parliament and have to have people voted in again?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

lilljonas posted:

I'm not having a hard time imagining that both parties are in every sense in the wrong and everyone involved being pampered babies complaining that the world doesn't revolve just enough around making their lives just that extra bit easier.

Backing either side is the wrong take, you can both think that the British monarchy is a backwards torture chamber overdue for removal by three centuries AND that Harry and Meghan should stop whining about not getting enough tax shillings to have the life of the top 0.0000000001% without actually working for it.

The thing is it was removed a bit over three centuries ago and things got worse to the point people were clamoring for it's return.

teardrop posted:

Prince Philip, looking at 2 white people:
“Hmm yes have you considered if your baby gets too much sun it may resemble a quadroon?”

Edit: I think the monarchy is kind of a good thing because BoJo is less pompous and dumb than Trump. Nobody calls him their god emperor because that position is already taken. So it helps create an upper limit on hubris maybe?

The main thing is the Prime Minister has a lot less individual power than the President. The concentration of so much power inevitably leads to problems.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I can't wait to move away from this stupid backwards country with it's relic loving monarchy, and move somewhere civilised like Canada, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Ratjaculation posted:

I can't wait to move away from this stupid backwards country with it's relic loving monarchy, and move somewhere civilised like Canada, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea

The monarchy is still a thing in Spain, right?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

You have to swear allegiance to the queen of england to become a canadian citizen. She probably has veto power there, too.

e: hopefully The Guardian is on the case. lmao

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm not British but I do absolutely adore the term "gammon" as an insult. Someone said they had "gammony" cousins a few pages ago and it was just delightful to read.

Gammon is very 2020, 2021 is all about 'flag shagger' or 'poppy shagger'.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

keith shagger

McNamaras Morons
Feb 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poverty goat posted:

You have to swear allegiance to the queen of england to become a canadian citizen. She probably has veto power there, too.

e: hopefully The Guardian is on the case. lmao

The Queen technically owns 90+% of land in Canada.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Hello friends, my name is Prince Harry from UK, I want to share the secret and story of my wealth to the general public today because I want to use this opportunity to help and reach out to the youths, young men and women of UK and all over the world, who are experiencing financial difficulties and problems and as a result of this end up in committing various kinds of crimes like robbery and drugs and even end up in suicide or wasting up their lives, as you read my story and follow my instructions all your financial problems and difficulties will come to an end today. I was very poor and could barely feed, I did all sort of hard labors and hard jobs just to earn a living, my mate laughed at me and life was so miserable and at a point I taught of committing suicide, until one faithful day I saw and read a post on the internet about the USA CHURCH OF MAGIC, also called SOLUTION TEMPLE. I contacted them and told them all my problems in life and they told me not to worry at all that all is fine and that all my difficulties are over, I still doubted because I have heard stories about people being scammed on the internet but I gave them all my trust because life without money is as good as being dead, I would rather die than to remain poor, I was born poor but I will not die poor because I am determined to be rich and at that point of my life I would do anything just to become successful and I gave them all my trust. They cast a wealth spell for me and up till this moment I don't know how I became so rich because money began to flow and also fame came, as I write now I don't only have money but I meet and discuss with the top politicians here in the USA because most of them are also doing this to make money.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Idk you can dislike rich people but still think your stepfamily saying "your spawnling better not be too black" is hosed up, imo

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I bet Harry has an account on here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

britishbornandbread posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo

Pathetic

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Idk you can dislike rich people but still think your stepfamily saying "your spawnling better not be too black" is hosed up, imo

Sorry instead of an angel and devil on my shoulder there are just two Marxes wearing only steroid acne and they urge me to post

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
All poor meghan and gary wanted was a bit of privacy. At least it looks like they're finally getting it, off in LA where all the naturally shy people end up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sorry that I mistook the esteemed British Royalty for being concerned with such petty grievances of racism as opposed to whether a baby might be perceived as a quadroon.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
So what is racist about asking what the skin colour of a child will be? Given Meghans background the baby could have easily been black or white. There was no suggestion that there was any racism, just that a conversation was had with the question about what colour.

The entire interview just seemed like two extremely privileged people trashing the very institution that gave given them this platform. If they hate the Royal Family then why keep the titles?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Meghan and Harry: We want to move out of the UK because of racism
*proceeds to move to the USA*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DGC773 posted:

So what is racist about asking what the skin colour of a child will be? Given Meghans background the baby could have easily been black or white. There was no suggestion that there was any racism, just that a conversation was had with the question about what colour.

:ohno:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DGC773 posted:

The entire interview just seemed like two extremely privileged people trashing the very institution that gave given them this platform. If they hate the Royal Family then why keep the titles?

Uh...

How stupid are you?

If the child wasn't blanched white the idea is that it isn't a precursor to the throne of England.
That's...that's the whole point of why people are like "wtf" about it.

The crown is stating "Your baby isn't white enough to assume royal office". It was tainted in some way to avoid getting into the lineage of England.

That is the literal end all, be all of what has happened.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

DGC773 posted:

So what is racist about asking what the skin colour of a child will be?

Its probably the bit where prince philip said "jesus gently caress" directly before asking it and an exasperated "poo poo" directly after.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

The crown is stating "Your baby isn't white enough to assume royal office". It was tainted in some way to avoid getting into the lineage of England.

Uh....

Any evidence at all of this.

The child is still seventh in line to the throne..... no one is contesting that at all and no one cares what colour the Childs skin is.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

A grandchild of a Monarch automatically becomes Prince or Princess. Archie is GREAT-grandchild of the Queen. So is not entitled to be a prince.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 9, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DGC773 posted:

and no one cares what colour the Childs skin is.

The famously not-racist british lmao

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Hammerite posted:

That's strictly an online thing afaik. I've never heard anyone use it irl.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/st...ingawful.com%2F

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can't imagine why they gave up that poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
C'mon dude, you and I know for an absolute fact that the queen was throwing around racial epithets that haven't been heard since the industrial revolution.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Who What Now posted:

C'mon dude, you and I know for an absolute fact that the queen was throwing around racial epithets that haven't been heard since the industrial revolution.

Citation required.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DGC773 posted:

Citation required.

All British aristocracy, 1602-present

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think the Royals didn't want anything to do with Harry because his dad is James Hewitt and not Charles? Like maybe the old bat is like, "gently caress this non royal blood" craziness.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

DGC773 posted:

That specific question isnt. Like just being curious about what colour a baby will be when it's mother looks basically white and it's father is a pale ginger isnt racist but it all depends on who is asking that question and why, what's the agenda behind it and why do they care if the baby looks black or white? But as it's the upper class and solely a white system there's no doubt a bunch of racist views in that family/ institution even if they're not evil and blatantly hate people of colour im sure many hold bigoted and old fashioned views, Price Phillip is a text book example of this. Based on anecdotes etc it seems like The Queen, Prince William and some are pretty alright though.

But lol yes at 2 very rich people complaining about privacy then moving to loving LA of all places and effectively making themselves even more public than they were before.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

DGC773 posted:

The child is still seventh in line to the throne..... no one is contesting that at all and no one cares what colour the Childs skin is.

Do you sweat?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DGC773 posted:

Meghan and Harry: We want to move out of the UK because of racism
*proceeds to move to the USA*

The US is less racist than the UK though

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

DGC773 posted:

all of it you stupid dipshit

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hakimashou posted:

The US is less racist than the UK though

maybe but theyve got guns that make their inferior racism more deadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

DGC773 posted:

              /