Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So all the right wingers whining about a Dr. Seuss book and PotatoHead want what exactly?

Everything to be just like it was in the early 1960's*.

*the imagined nostalgic 1960's that only exists in their heads, natch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

I skipped the last two years or so of these threads for my mental health, and for some reason thought checking out the Kellies nominees would be a good idea. I stopped halfway through Least Concealed Bigotry. I literally feel sick. How do y’all still do this?

In my own case? A lot of self-loathing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DrakePegasus posted:

I skipped the last two years or so of these threads for my mental health, and for some reason thought checking out the Kellies nominees would be a good idea. I stopped halfway through Least Concealed Bigotry. I literally feel sick. How do y’all still do this?

By screaming into the void and occasional $CUMPASS

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So all the right wingers whining about a Dr. Seuss book and PotatoHead want what exactly? The companies who own those properties did it themselves there was no protest or law or anything. Do they want laws that will for those companies to sell products against their wills?

They don't actually want anything except to feel aggrieved.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RoboRodent posted:

In my own case? A lot of self-loathing.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

DrakePegasus posted:

I'm dead inside. :geno:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah I know that in Canada it's First Nation, which is honestly cooler and actually accurate but I'm not going to tell people what they should want to be called.

Is it First Nation or First Nations? I thought it was supposed to be plural.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

That and the conspiracy theory brain makes them think that the Dems are behind it through unknowable means.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

DrakePegasus posted:

Climate Change has taught me that nothing matters. Paraphrasing:

Captain Kosmos posted:

I'm dead inside. :geno:

If it wasn't for FDotM and Pope I'd probably take a break from this thread. I keep waiting for the others to do something different and it's not happening.

Those Norwegian cartoons are pretty interesting too.

Randalor posted:

Is it First Nation or First Nations? I thought it was supposed to be plural.

Plural. There's a lot of different First Nations out there.

I think Canada is moving away from the use of First Nations to Indigenous. My uncles referred to themselves as Indian, but whatever.

Dammit Uncle Ray, I miss you!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Moon Slayer posted:

It doesn't only exist in their heads. Back in the early 60s you could get away with dropping the N-bomb, and that's what they really want anyway.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Fister Roboto posted:

And if anyone reading this doesn't understand why someone would want that, here's an educational film on the subject starring John Cleese.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 11, 2021

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Judging from the flags popular amongst the MAGA crowd, I'd go with early 1860's.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"The Dems are sneakily trying to get away with passing a stimulus bill" might be the most dishonest take I've ever seen on this thread. You dumb bastard, Joe Biden had an Instagram of himself watching and cheering the moment the bill was passed.

e: and also, of course, the AF Brancos of the world actually like the stuff that's in it:
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1369680591856300032?s=20

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 11, 2021

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

D.N. Nation posted:

"The Dems are sneakily trying to get away with passing a stimulus bill" might be the most dishonest take I've ever seen on this thread. You dumb bastard, Joe Biden had an Instagram of himself watching and cheering the moment the bill was passed.

e: and also, of course, the AF Brancos of the world actually like the stuff that's in it:
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1369680591856300032?s=20

Also about to go on a country-wide tour talking about said bill.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its propaganda, the right wing media bubble creates and defines reality for half the country.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s popular when you break it down for them, kind of like the ACA, but if you call it like the Biden Covid Bill (like what happens if the ACA is called Obamacare) it would tank with these same people cause they’re full to the brim from Tucker Carlson’s making GBS threads into their gaping mouths to think beyond “Democrat bad”

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Aren't there laws that libertarians can't be near children?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: now that he’s been dropped by a bunch of newspaper for his thinly veiled bigotry he’s just moving right on out into the open with it, huh?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Best of luck to these cartoonists dusting off the TOO MUCH SPENDIN bits

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Covid relief bill cost... if only there were a more succinct way to state that.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I'm sure someone with a couple of Pulitzers could get that down to, what, four letters?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

bartok posted:

Aren't there laws that libertarians can't be near children?

Oddly apt to make the Libertarian a lizard.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hexigrammus posted:

Those Norwegian cartoons are pretty interesting too.

This one is relatively straightforward:

(Norway is decriminalizing drug possession for personal use)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the government’s £22bn test-and-trace programme — There is no evidence to show that the government’s £22bn test-and-trace programme to combat Covid-19 in England contributed to a reduction in infection levels, parliament’s spending watchdog has concluded"

Telegraph:

Review to consider feasibility of Scotland-Northern Ireland tunnel

Matt:

:sun: It's windy! :supaburn:

Independent:

COVID-19: Test and Trace boss Dido Harding defends 'essential' £37bn service

Times:

Evening Standard:

US House passes $1.9tn Covid relief plan in major legislative victory for Biden

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... privacy for the privileged

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... privacy for the privileged

They wouldn't need such a massive sign saying 'leave us the gently caress alone' if they weren't being hounded for racist bullshit on a regular basis. AGC.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

J.A.B.C. posted:

They wouldn't need such a massive sign saying 'leave us the gently caress alone' if they weren't being hounded for racist bullshit on a regular basis. AGC.
Also the idea that "privacy" and "celebrity" are mutually exclusive is something the tabloids invented to justify taking upskirt shots of actresses as they get out of cars.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This is good. Call Congress.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is good. Call Congress.

It's not good. The comic has far too many words.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's not Tom Tomorrow or First Dog on the Moon.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

"American Indian" is the mostly preferred nomenclature these days, isn't it?

The preferred term in the U.S. usually seems to be Native American or Indigenous people more than American Indian, but it honestly seems to depend on the tribe, region, or even individual tribal member. I know a lot of Native Americans that hate "Indian" as a term, but others are fine with it. Some tribes even have it in the official name for their tribal nation, like the Narragansett Indian Tribe in Rhode Island.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

KNOCK KNOCK, NOBODY’S HOME!

Sleepy Joe Biden said he would only serve one term, but will he make it that far? Judging his recent behavior as an example, I think it’s unlikely. Joe’s last press conference was a disaster. He has low energy. He’s easily confused. When he speaks, his age shows. He mumbles and dithers as he tries to summon up facts from a worn out rolodex that is his mind. He couldn’t even recall the name of his Defense Secretary.

The Biden regime was installed because the ruling caste knew he could easily be manipulated. Biden is thoroughly corrupt and will do as he’s instructed. Those pulling his strings don’t care if we know they stole the election and installed Joe. They don’t care if we know he’s a man whose mental skills are in marked decline. A confused old man with outright dementia is now in nominal charge of our country and the nuclear button. As long as Joe rubber stamps the globalists’s game plan, he will continue to get a pass from their mainstream media.

Biden should retire and enjoy his family and the fruits of his ill-gotten games from years of corruption. Instead, we get to see his geriatric self embarrass himself and our country.

Biden is not my president. He is just “Resident” Biden.

RESIST!

—Ben Garrison

quote:

Lying in Wait: Biden’s handlers seem to be trying to hide his cognitive issues from the American people.

Person, woman, man, camera, TV.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison defends $1.2 billion tourism plan against criticism of 'very meagre package' (SBS). "The federal government says the measure is aimed at boosting the aviation and domestic tourism sectors as the JobKeeper subsidy comes to an end. ... The major airlines have lauded the half-price return flights to more than a dozen regional tourism destinations."

Broelman:

Wilcox 1:

Labor questions why majority of destinations for cheap flights are marginal seats (Guardian).

Wilcox 2:

Leak, Son of Leak:

China's deputy ambassador to Australia Wang Xining. Fugitive Hong Kong politician Ted Hui says he will continue his fight for democracy after arriving in Australia (ABC).

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Every time someone complains of a comic having too many words, it releases one of the magic locks keeping Mr. Fish imprisoned.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

boy that "Joe Biden is senile" thing really worked in November, wingnuts, keep at it!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Boy, that Joe Biden--constantly doing and saying things in public that are an embarrassment to the country! That sure is an accurate description of the current state of affairs under the current president, Joe Biden, and not some past, unnamed president!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I know projection is their favorite game, but I cannot envision the inner life of a person who could draw these and also has a preferred candidate who has been obviously and publicly sundowning for like 70 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

quote:

Wilcox 2:

Nice victim blaming