Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

This is from the Daily Heil - hence me not linking it or quoting their scorching hot takes (it's somehow the fault of covid lockdown being too strict, among other things) - but:

here's a great "UK not institutionally racist" graph:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Whens the queen dying then

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

XMNN posted:

no, the guardian is categorically not left wing, it is a Liberal newspaper with a capital L and always will be

the mirror is probably the only actual left wing major newspaper, and even then that's fairly nominal as it's still a British tabloid

this country is sick and i pray that it dies soon

It's the paper for comfortably situated middle-class people who feel that they should pay lip service to changing things for the better but don't actually want anything to happen that might threaten their own privileged position in society. The mask came off after Jeremy Corbyn announced that he was going to get on and do the stuff that the Guardian had spent decades writing limp, hand-wringing articles about and they went completely mental at him.

I'm still mad about that.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Will Prince Andrew get 8 days of mourning and constant BBC coverage when he dies?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Bert Roberge posted:

Will Prince Andrew get 8 days of mourning and constant BBC coverage when he dies?

They BBC'll demand a host of child brides get buried with 'The UK's weird uncle'.
*choking back tears*
"He was the nation's most precious pedo."
"He was actually a staunch feminist, letting Queen Elizabeth rule while he was male."
"So brave."
"Yeah what does age of consent even mean really."

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Checking in pip pup peerio any more old dead bastards found on that shithole island?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

It's political correctness gone mad Stu...these day you can't even make your website two-tone grey, as a tribute to Prince Phillip, without the politically correct, loony-left brigade jumping down your throat, saying "oh, we can't read it now". What's wrong with just communicating in grunts and sobs?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://twitter.com/nationalrailenq/status/1381510032068648960

Not even pretending they might fix it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gonadic io posted:

I just had this discussion with my parents who said they read both the guardian and the telegraph to get all sides (but obvs mostly agree with the telegraph and chortle at the guardian). In the end I sent them this article as one that the guardian categorically would not ever publish: https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/04/how-protestors-get-the-blame-for-police-violence

e: then they got mad that I asked how much london property do you think that the newspaper owners own when they sent me articles about how we all should go back into the office

ron paul

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/EdHitchon/status/1381506047597219843

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/abstraktions/status/1381302952711790594?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/EleniCourea/status/1381520474224611330?s=20

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

What does sanction in this context mean?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*banging knife and fork on the table* more yachts more yachts moRE YACHTS

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I Love Loosies posted:

What does sanction in this context mean?

I assume allocate funds or approve the process of allocating funds

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
dissident republicans will sink it using a couple of twenty quid drones

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I too would like to give one of the richest families on earth free stuff.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

labour party continuing to have a normal day as ever

https://twitter.com/CharlieXCaine/status/1381535457822052354?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/JonnElledge/status/1381569823004581891?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Corbyn destroyed this humble party of TERFs and authoritarians

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Communist Thoughts posted:

what an absolute lad ❤️

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Corbyn should join the NIP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

supposedly this guy is heavily involved in it all https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/nov/17/liam-byrne-minister-diva-news

but also suggests that membership has cratered so severely the party is broke

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol this saying that all starmer policy stuff is coming from focus groups of first time tory voters from 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/12/keir-starmer-labour-leader-crucial-byelection

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

lol this saying that all starmer policy stuff is coming from focus groups of first time tory voters from 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/12/keir-starmer-labour-leader-crucial-byelection

When vicious, but also highly effective anti-Starmer material is being continuously churned out online by actual Labour members - often being recycled and used by right-wing activists to undermine Labour - you get an idea what a mountain Starmer has to climb.

Attacked from both sides - he stays firmly in the middle of the road - being continually struck with blows to his approval rating.

I think it pretty obvious that if matters are to be improved, something is going to have to change, and I would suggest that this should start with some party unity. For their part, the left of the party should stop behaving like spoilt children; undermining and attempting to paint any move not in line with their dogmatic and blinkered sensibilities as evil, and try and identify policies that enjoy crossparty consensus. Meanwhile the right of the party should perhaps think twice about trying to emulate Blair, and realise that this a move fatally exposed to flanking by the Tories; they should listen to the left of the party and recognise that fairly radical policies are not just desirable but almost certainly needed to win power. If these two waring sides can stop taking chunks out of each and instead concentrate their efforts on the above; packaging and conveying these ideas in a way that doesn't alienate people (this needs a great deal of attention also) - they may just stand a chance.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

When vicious, but also highly effective anti-Starmer material is being continuously churned out online by actual Labour members - often being recycled and used by right-wing activists to undermine Labour - you get an idea what a mountain Starmer has to climb.

Attacked from both sides - he stays firmly in the middle of the road - being continually struck with blows to his approval rating.

I think it pretty obvious that if matters are to be improved, something is going to have to change, and I would suggest that this should start with some party unity. For their part, the left of the party should stop behaving like spoilt children; undermining and attempting to paint any move not in line with their dogmatic and blinkered sensibilities as evil, and try and identify policies that enjoy crossparty consensus. Meanwhile the right of the party should perhaps think twice about trying to emulate Blair, and realise that this a move fatally exposed to flanking by the Tories; they should listen to the left of the party and recognise that fairly radical policies are not just desirable but almost certainly needed to win power. If these two waring sides can stop taking chunks out of each and instead concentrate their efforts on the above; packaging and conveying these ideas in a way that doesn't alienate people (this needs a great deal of attention also) - they may just stand a chance.

im diggin this "the centrism must be purer." bonus points for "spoilt children."

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

source ur quotes

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

Look at this yuge brain. Perhaps one of the yugest i have ever seen. Just in awe of this yuge brainy lad. This is what right old middle of the road centrism does to a brain, just yuge.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I will vote for Starmer, not because I have any particular party allegiance, less need to have some visionary crap thrust at me but because he is experienced, competent and decent. Did you even think to include these words in your article Mr Owen?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

In what way are the left behaving like spoiled children? criticising a leader who’s running to the right at a Bolt-like pace while still being politically dogshit seems pretty Sensible and Grown Up to me.

You also seem to be suffering from the liberal delusion that the goal of the left is to get Labour into power, when the goal of the left is to create a left wing society. Labour was a vehicle for that for a while, potentially anyway. Now it isn’t so most of us want to see it crushed.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jakabite posted:

In what way are the left behaving like spoiled children? criticising a leader who’s running to the right at a Bolt-like pace while still being politically dogshit seems pretty Sensible and Grown Up to me.

You also seem to be suffering from the liberal delusion that the goal of the left is to get Labour into power, when the goal of the left is to create a left wing society. Labour was a vehicle for that for a while, potentially anyway. Now it isn’t so most of us want to see it crushed.

i suggest you go to the guardian comments yourself and gaze into the void my friend

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PARLYapp/status/1381612464794656773?s=20

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
lol

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1381539386119053312

Edit: Just loving the amount of people coming out trying to wrap themselves in knots to find ways to excuse Phils rampant racism/sexism/xenophobia.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

The radical feminism of not usurping the British throne.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol this guy used to support abolishing the monarchy

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1381606438141890562?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
For all these bootlicking pieces, you'd think that they'd at least bother to think about for one second why Philip was second fiddle and if it was by choice and, in fact, what it's called when you attempt to usurp the monarch.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

If can't tell if the UK public is actually the biggest bunch of marks on the planet, or their professional journalist class just thinks they are.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mrmcd posted:

If can't tell if the UK public is actually the biggest bunch of marks on the planet, or their professional journalist class just thinks they are.

i'd say a good 50% of the public are marks and the entire professional journalist class are now. 4 years of corbyn has rotted the brains of a ton of peope in really peculiar ways

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
I'd enjoy centrists performing worse than the left despite media support and an inconceivable poor and corrupt covid response if it changed absolutely anything about their insane condescending demeanor.

Unbelievable that an ideology whose sole idea is "i will take a middle ground between this nice Britain First man and his least unpleasant friend" isn't capable of critical self-aware thought

mrmcd posted:

bbc2 and itv lost 60% of their viewers over this maudlin panto Philip bullshit and all the papers are dying. Normal decent people tune it all out because they see that giving a poo poo inevitably turns you into a frothing broken lunatic with a coloured rosette

Spangly A has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're 100% going to shift even further right upon losing hartlepool because they can't ever admit they're wrong