Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
the limited one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In terms of bad live performances, one honorary mention should be whoever played at WM18. I think it was Drowning Pool, but I might be off.

The performance itself wasn't so bad for what it was. It was just that it was introduced as "telling the story of the Chris Jericho vs. Triple H main event." They knew that their main event had such a lovely storyline going into the show that it could not be saved by even WWE's video package team. The best they could do was have this buttrock band play with monitors showing quick clips of Jericho and Triple H hitting each other with the occasional shot of Stephanie looking angry.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
just lmfao if the rumors are true and vince just shelved keith lee because he couldn't handle the concept of an erudite black man

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gavok posted:

In terms of bad live performances, one honorary mention should be whoever played at WM18. I think it was Drowning Pool, but I might be off.

The performance itself wasn't so bad for what it was. It was just that it was introduced as "telling the story of the Chris Jericho vs. Triple H main event." They knew that their main event had such a lovely storyline going into the show that it could not be saved by even WWE's video package team. The best they could do was have this buttrock band play with monitors showing quick clips of Jericho and Triple H hitting each other with the occasional shot of Stephanie looking angry.

it was indeed Drowning Pool, I watched the DVD a few weeks ago.

Kunabomber posted:

just lmfao if the rumors are true and vince just shelved keith lee because he couldn't handle the concept of an erudite black man

I think the rumours were that he couldn't work and was too fat

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Apparently he was supposed to win the US belt at Elimination Chamber but was injured so they put it on Riddle instead. (according to wiki)

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Was he gassed in the last few times he was wrestling? I honestly can't remember but I liked how he performed in the ring. He seemed like a proper big stronk

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lee almost definitely had COVID at some point because Yim said she did

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
This is what I based my assumptions on:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/12/12/vince-mcmahon-doesnt-see-it-in-keith-lee-nobody-will-convince-him-otherwise/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He definitely gave up on him recently, nobody's just been able to agree on why, and the reasons vary from "he thinks he's fat" to "he thinks he's weak for getting COVID" to "he thinks he can't talk and is boring"

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
maybe vince found out that he's engaged to mia yim

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He was dead the moment he appeared on Raw. His shite music and the loving singlet. Dead

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

give me BEEF LEE

and a debuting adam cole on a mission to bring some much-needed prestige to the 24/7 title

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He was dead the moment he appeared on Raw. His shite music and the loving singlet. Dead

that's par for the course for nxt call-ups

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s nice that this can be any NXT talent until you get to the singlet.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Kee Lee's first 9 matches on the main roster.

Randy Orton defeats Keith Lee by DQ
Keith Lee defeats Randy Orton
WWE Title #1 Contendership Triple Threat: Randy Orton defeats Keith Lee and Seth Rollins
WWE Title #1 Contendership Qualifying: Keith Lee defeats Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton defeats Keith Lee by DQ
Drew McIntyre vs. Keith Lee - No Contest
Drew McIntyre defeats Keith Lee by DQ
Keith Lee defeats Andrade
Braun Strowman vs. Keith Lee - Double Count Out

3 wins, a double count out, 3 DQs loses, a no contest, 1 clean lose

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

remember how they made tozawa a ninja? pretty cool!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress, if you break down lee's matches like that, looks bad!

can't wait to see what they'll do with rhea!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kunabomber posted:

can't wait to see what they'll do with rhea!

This time they’re actually going to push someone and she totally won’t be forgotten in 3 months time!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Both Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley will be made ninjas

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince is a huge Tom MacDonald disliker and reportedly found Keith Lee to be “problematic” for being a fan

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

a cyborg mug posted:

Both Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley will be made ninjas

that's not a bad thing, could lead to a tag team championship

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1381651661572206595
https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE/status/1381692549904093188

A gimmick so bad, she’s out here burying it herself

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Destroy My Sweater posted:

remember how they made tozawa a ninja? pretty cool!

Remember when he was eaten by a shark?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

njsykora posted:

This time they’re actually going to push someone and she totally won’t be forgotten in 3 months time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7vE0x46iA

On a serious note, I would be shocked if Rhea lasts more than two months as champion before either Charlotte or Becky (if she returns) gets the title back.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That exact image right there was the best part of that whole thing. Like her opening her eyes with the black stuff on her face looked genuinely creepy but every time it cut back and it was squirting more liquid on her face like a malfunctioning hose I just couldn't stop laughing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1381713837875982337

Dunno what exactly this is yet, I'll edit this post when I find out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1381713837875982337

Dunno what exactly this is yet, I'll edit this post when I find out.

:laffo: Bray was supposed to win and it got changed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao please tell me vince just said "gently caress it you guys figure it out in ring" on the gimmickiest match to have ever gimmicked

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao please tell me vince just said "gently caress it you guys figure it out in ring" on the gimmickiest match to have ever gimmicked

this would make vince sort of funny so it’s probably not the case

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Viewer discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcJaJy7fjY

Note: this was also the big reveal for Cody's horrible neck tattoo
This was the last big gathering I was a part of before the pandemic and they didn't sound so bad in person

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7vE0x46iA

On a serious note, I would be shocked if Rhea lasts more than two months as champion before either Charlotte or Becky (if she returns) gets the title back.

I could see that happening and then her pivoting over to Smackdown to take that championship shortly after to set up a champion vs champion feud at next Mania.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

A Fancy Hat posted:

Text from my father, who watched wrestling religiously for my childhood but gave up completely about 5 years ago.

"WTF is Bray Wyatt now"

Show him the Firefly Funhouse Match and make his head implode

Pylons posted:

I will say, everyone is really looking like a dumb motherfucker when they face Roman right now and don't bring a counter to Jey Uso.

I've been saying this for years, they should do a storyline where one of the shows gets a new authority figure who is super militant anal about the rules and begins hard-core enforcing them and even changing them to be more strict, like changing it so that as long as it's caught on camera it doesn't matter if a referee didn't see the cheating with his own eyes(which to be frank is how it should be anyways as currently referees are basically pointless 99% of the time)

Thus we get the Heels punished for their cheating enough that they stop relying on it to win matches(that way when they can do it again it'll be refreshing rather than cliche), and you'll get some fun matches when the authority figure goes too far and has to be taken down for the sake of the show

Astro7x posted:

Best women's roster in the world, separated into 4 subpar rosters with only one of them (NXT) being somewhat decent. I know people poo poo on AEW women's division, but AEW is currently doing a better job than Raw, Smackdown, or NXT UK individually.

The only real faces that could fight Rhea are Becky or Charlotte at this point, because they haven't completely ruined them like the rest of the roster. On the flip side, the only heels left to have faced Asuka would have been... literally nobody. I know they are not against taking the tag champs and having them face the Raw champ, but maybe Shayna would have been Asuka's next credibly opponen.

Likely scenario is that they do what they did with Carmella returning and quickly try to build someone up for MITB. Like Peyton or Nikki Cross. But who am I kidding, they'll probably bring Chalotte or Becky back tonight

Honestly they just need to give the Women's Division it's own show separate from the existing three, in fact have it take the place of 205 Live and merge the Cruiserweight Division back into the three regular shows, having a unified Women's Division would solve the current problem where the talent pools on all three shows feels too shallow for a weekly basis, and having their own show means they won't have to play second banana to the men on Raw, Smackdown, and NXT

Aardvark Barber posted:

Looks like Peacock added Raws through 1996 now.

I can continue my '97 watchthrough!

Gonna have to wait a bit longer for my "Watch Raw from the beginning then have it intersect with Nitro for the Monday Night War" watchthrough that I had started a few years ago and need to restart

Chris James 2 posted:

:laffo: Bray was supposed to win and it got changed

I'm gonna take a wild guess and Randy Orton bitched about having to lose at Wrestlemania in a gimmick match so they gave him the win because WWE has no spine when it comes to Orton in spite of him being a dull over the hill wrestler who if they had any brains they'd give the boot

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

Rhea was probably slotted right into Charlotte's spot when Charlotte got pulled over a bad pregnancy report / Andrade thing / covid thing / seriously who knows with WWE.

So yeah, I wouldn't be so shocked, though maybe with HHH's star falling Charlotte won't get as pushed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I could see that happening and then her pivoting over to Smackdown to take that championship shortly after to set up a champion vs champion feud at next Mania.

I don't think they'll do that, but instead they'll probably do something like Becky vs Charlotte at WM next year. Again.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

It is really funny to me that Alexa's twitter bio is the most basic poo poo ever
"Lives on caffeine & concealer [Hot beverage] Speaks sarcasm fluently [Mouth] Believes in Disney Magic [Sparkles]"

https://twitter.com/AlexaBliss_WWE

Like imagine being a regular person and then they thrust you into a late stage Bray Wyatt storyline, lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

drrockso20 posted:

I've been saying this for years, they should do a storyline where one of the shows gets a new authority figure who is super militant anal about the rules and begins hard-core enforcing them and even changing them to be more strict, like changing it so that as long as it's caught on camera it doesn't matter if a referee didn't see the cheating with his own eyes(which to be frank is how it should be anyways as currently referees are basically pointless 99% of the time)

I would not try and copy the Bill Watts era of WCW where he enforced the rule of coming off the top rope being a DQ.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I'm imagining Alexa and some old grizzled prop guy standing there scratching their heads over a last minute notecard from Vince that reads

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1381404269673259013?s=20

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
So, was the finish to the main event a way to set up future Roman/Edge stuff by saying Edge got the pin first and the FEUD CONTINUES?

Or are they so dumb they didn't realize the booked finish of the match was Roman dropping one of his opponents on top of the other for the pin?

Like if you had to have Roman pin both, why not lay them down side by side? And technically, since D.Bry was under Edge, doesn't that mean only he was pinned? So Roman didn't actually pin both guys?

Why am I trying to make sense of WWE? Why have heels go over in front of your first live audience for a year? Why do I watch wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

garycoleisgod posted:

Or are they so dumb they didn't realize the booked finish of the match was Roman dropping one of his opponents on top of the other for the pin?

I was so confused when I was watching it earlier. “Why is Roman helping Edge get the pin??”