Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

hooah posted:

No, but the Google sign-in hasn't worked for me for at least a year. Had to create a Tuesday Quest account just to save. And I have to log in every single time I open the app (if I want to back up anything to the cloud, at least).

Yeah, I’ve had to log in every time I open the app as well. But since an update the other day the connect button does nothing. (iOS btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvoCreo is currently free. I've seen it recommended as the best Pokémon-like on Android.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I think that title still belongs to siralim 3

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I think that title still belongs to siralim 3

Siralim's more of an SMT-like.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

Nearing the end of Swarm Sim. What are other good premium clickers/idlers that don't still try to get you to watch ads for extra poo poo?

Started up Swarm Sim and it's nothing like any other idle game I've played. I did the Adventure Captalist and the Communist one and was able to start prestiging pretty quickly. 3 days in and still farming fuel for my first prestige.
Not sure if I like it despite my time in yet but I'm.....curious
173k mutagen and 38.3 fuel currently

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Started up Swarm Sim and it's nothing like any other idle game I've played. I did the Adventure Captalist and the Communist one and was able to start prestiging pretty quickly. 3 days in and still farming fuel for my first prestige.
Not sure if I like it despite my time in yet but I'm.....curious
173k mutagen and 38.3 fuel currently

some of the mutagens scale incredibly well, it took me forever to figure that out. like the one for the timewarp spell, and the one for bats

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Spaceplan is a really good paid idler

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Spaceplan is a really good paid idler

Wait space plan is paid? I swear I played this years ago--this is the one on a browser where everything is powered by potatos or something right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wait space plan is paid? I swear I played this years ago--this is the one on a browser where everything is powered by potatos or something right?

Yeah but it costs money for phones

Kind of like A Dark Room only I think it was ported by the actual creator and not some random guy that added his own content to the thing

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yeah, he published it through devolver for mobile

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I posted this question in the Switch thread but I've recently gotten into Nintendoland on a WiiU my sister in law lent me. There's a coin drop mini game in it, and I love it. Is there anything worthwhile on the Play store, similar to it? There seem to be a million coin drop games. I'm not looking to pay as I go, but I'm not against premium.

For reference, this is a clip of the game I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFXq5ZYwrE

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I posted this question in the Switch thread but I've recently gotten into Nintendoland on a WiiU my sister in law lent me. There's a coin drop mini game in it, and I love it. Is there anything worthwhile on the Play store, similar to it? There seem to be a million coin drop games. I'm not looking to pay as I go, but I'm not against premium.

For reference, this is a clip of the game I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFXq5ZYwrE

Closest thing to old school pinball I know of is peggle. Peggle is real good. Namaste.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

leper khan posted:

Closest thing to old school pinball I know of is peggle. Peggle is real good. Namaste.

Yyyyyep, I have no idea how I forgot about Peggle.

Especially since I ALREADY had it installed. Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 25, 2021

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I thought android only had Peggle Blast, is there old school peggle somewhere?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kris xK posted:

I thought android only had Peggle Blast, is there old school peggle somewhere?

Sorry, I meant Peggle Blast.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sorry, I meant Peggle Blast.

Ugh.

Thinking that I had missed OG peggle I did do some searching last night and it turns out OG Peggle does exist on Android, but I'm not sure if its :filez:

It works just fine on my Samsung S21 tho, despite being super duper old.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
New Dicast patch today:

quote:

3.7.0 PATCH NOTE
[SYSTEM]
- Weekly Rival System is newly added. Defeat your rivals every week to receive rewards! Starts on 5/3 00:00 UTC!
- Dice skin is newly added! Now you can change the dice skin to your taste during battle!

[HERO]
- New Hero [MIRAI] will join the battle.
[SHURIKEN] : Receives Shuriken card that deals 2/3/6 damage to opponent if no damage is received for 3/3/2 turns. If hand is full, the card is triggered immediately.
[SHADOW HIDE] : Goes into [STEALTH] mode, if you are 2/3/6 blocks behind opponent, or if you end your turn without moving. Does not get targeted by attack when you are in [STEALTH] mode. Removes defuff by 0/50/100% probability.
[FLASH] : Inflicts additional damage of 30/50/100% and moves to 1 block in front of the opponent when attacking in [STEALTH] mode. Opponent attacked by FLASH will be in [REVERSE] state.

- Decster [ Special Card] skill will now only deal damage of 10/20/30% of AP when u receive special cards during your turn and the number of special cards received will not be considered in damage calculations.

[BASE]
- Base [MEOW'S MARKET] Grade 5 system 'Market' will be available.
Unlike other bases, when you unlock Meow's Market Grade 5, Market system will be unlocked. Which you can buy Shards and specialty items such as Fragment of Everything and Special Cards at a discounted price.

[CARD]
[GOLD CHANGE] Changed to Special Combo card from Special Normal card
[SHUFFLE] card will be extinguished from the deck once used.

[GUILD]
- Guild Mission will be improved as follows,
* Mission Mercenary hiring currency is changed from Gems to Gold
* Now Guild Master can give up difficult missions.

[BATTLE]
- Lv. 2 Magic Book: New Magic [FLICKER], [GREAT CHAOS] added
* [FLICKER] : Move to a desired location in your current line.
* [GREAT CHAOS] : Incinerate all of opponent's card and create 5 Random dice cards.
- Lv. 3 Magic Book: [TELEPORT] removed from Lv. 2 and added to Lv. 3 Magic book

[SHOP]
- New Emoji : [MIRAI]
- New Dice Skin : [IMMORTAL], [FAITH], [BRONZE], [SILVER], [ARABIC], [ROMAN]

[BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENT]
- Pill card not giving out issue when Trixie steps on the Food block when under Vloot's [BLOOD CURSE] fixed
- Pirateship shelling icon not disappearing issue when battle ends fixed
- Local Hero win count resetting to 1 and RP difference in Global and Country issue fixed

* May 1st changes:
1. Increase of reward in Daily Attendance

* May 3rd changes:
1. Increase of reward in Daily Quest and Weekly Quest
2. Dungeon Premium Pass Gold Mine Gold Limitation increases to 10,000 Gold from 2,000.

I can't believe it took them more than a year to add customizable dice to a dice game.

Several increased rewards for us free players though. Paying for guild missions with gold means we won't be stuck forever until somebody buys a skin with gems anymore. (Thanks for buying that other one, keepersa)

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I have a long flight coming up and haven't bothered with mobile gaming in a while but I have an android and I was wondering if there were any great offline games as of late that can suck up a few hours of boredom on a plane?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Skyarb posted:

I have a long flight coming up and haven't bothered with mobile gaming in a while but I have an android and I was wondering if there were any great offline games as of late that can suck up a few hours of boredom on a plane?

Rogue Adventure probably good for this if you like deck building rogue likes. The Room games as well if you like puzzle games

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Card Quest is the offline game that has stolen most of my time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Skyarb posted:

King of Dragon Pass

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slay the Spire!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Dungeon Warfare games.

Edit: oh, also get an 8bitdo controller, I recommend the Pro+, it has a clip for your phone, get an emulator on there and go nuts.

But also very strong recommendations for Stardew Valley and Symphony of the Night.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Was hoping for something I don't need a controller for. Touch controls only, something simple but addictive.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Lowness 72 posted:

Slay the Spire!

Yeah, this. Its a well-built game and pretty addictive. It's a roguelike but with deckbuilding. On different runs you have to work with what cards you can pick as rewards along the way so even with the same character (there's four total, I think) you can get a much different experience.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Have people had a good experience with Slay the Spire on their phone? I was so excited about it, but just find the UI makes it frustrating to play. I find it difficult to look at the cards in my hand without accidentally playing them. Once I take a look at one, it's really hard to put it back to look at a different one. What am I doing wrong?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't really have any issues with it. Tap on a card to see it, drag it up/over the enemy to play it. It took some adjusting since I started StS on controller but it works fine enough for touch controls.

The only thing dragging down mobile StS is the sorta long initial load time.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

I really liked games like you must build a boat and disco zoo but it doesn't seem like there are bangers like that much anymore.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Mobile StS is fine, I've had zero issue with it. I find it easier to play than the pc version honestly

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Farquar posted:

Have people had a good experience with Slay the Spire on their phone? I was so excited about it, but just find the UI makes it frustrating to play. I find it difficult to look at the cards in my hand without accidentally playing them. Once I take a look at one, it's really hard to put it back to look at a different one. What am I doing wrong?

Turn on "Long-press Confirmation" in the settings. In game, look at a card, and then tap "end turn" when you want to stop looking at it. With long-press activated, it will clear your pickup and not end your turn. Its the best work around I've found.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Solitairica is my go-to plane game. It's easy to soak up a few hours playing it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

overseer07 posted:

Solitairica is my go-to plane game. It's easy to soak up a few hours playing it

I vote this, too.

I tried to like StS, but I can't stand it.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

What about Star traders frontiers or This war of mine

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You know, lately I started to appreciate simple games like various types of sudokus and solitaires with just a dash of achievements and daily events. Without the need to commute, they just work better as a break from staring at the 'work' screen all day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can Slay the Spire be transferred between phones? I'm about to upgrade and I'd rather not start from scratch, but I know one time I uninstalled to make room for something and when I reinstalled it was a fresh playthrough..

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

New Leaf posted:

Can Slay the Spire be transferred between phones? I'm about to upgrade and I'd rather not start from scratch, but I know one time I uninstalled to make room for something and when I reinstalled it was a fresh playthrough..

It has cloud save.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lowness 72 posted:

It has cloud save.

Do you have to activate it or something? It sure as hell didn't kick in for me..

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I think it's through google play - when you do the sign in thing. It's a little wonky if youre actively switching between devices - but a one time switch it should work good. Had some issues between it and my chromebook when i tried to swap mid session but generally worked well.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
Spire related question, while we're on the topic.

Anyone know what makes the leaderboards for the daily update with your run? I play it pretty much every day along with some friends to compare scores/runs and all that jazz and we all have the same issue where your name doesn't actually show up on the leaderboard when viewed, despite being able to see each other's scores.

I remember on the PS4 version, it took starting another run and then going back into the list to see your own score, but that doesn't seem to work here. I mean, hey, we just take a picture of the run history and the scoreboard and share those and that's workable, just curious if there's some trickery to get it to show naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Klaaz posted:

What about Star traders frontiers or This war of mine

TWoM is great on mobile, but only has some of the DLC, last I checked. Little ones + one story pack, maybe?

Such an amazing game.