Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Ad by Khad posted:

this is like one of those classic memes where the brain gets bigger each time

jeff hardy in the main event

jeff hardy on Main Event

jeff hardy LOSING on Main Event

jeff hardy LOSING on Main Event to JINDER MAHAL

jeff hardy LOSING on Main Event to JINDER MAHAL in 2 minutes

lol this man re-signed in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Matt Hardy is doing some of the best work of his career in AEW and is treated like a respected elder statesman figure.

Jeff Hardy is jobbing to Jinder on Main Event.

If there is a starker example of how differently the two promotions operate then I have a hard time thinking of one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kunabomber posted:

lol this man re-signed in 2020

At least he gets to come out to his old music

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just realized News/Views looks like News Niews but the second N is written in cool style. bye

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Also lol that they’re resorting to the exact same poo poo that hurt Jinder’s run before where the Bollywood Boys interfered every match but replaced them with Indus Sher.

Now that they’re with Jinder, is Bivens managing anyone right now? He’s got to be one of the most mind-boggling current examples of a top-tier talent that they’re doing gently caress all with. There’s so many guys on the main roster who could benefit from having him as a manager. He could pair great with Ricochet or Keith Lee.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1389641531359907843?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I would hate to see the awful piece of poo poo WWE would hire to do acting coaching.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cerebral Bore posted:

Matt Hardy is doing some of the best work of his career in AEW and is treated like a respected elder statesman figure.

Jeff Hardy is jobbing to Jinder on Main Event.

If there is a starker example of how differently the two promotions operate then I have a hard time thinking of one.

On the flip side, I have no desire to see Jeff Hardy doing the same thing he's done for the past 20 years at at 43 years old on Raw, so Main Event is a good place for him...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember thinking when they announced the performance center that it sounds like such a good idea. What a summer child I was.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I would hate to see the awful piece of poo poo WWE would hire to do acting coaching.

Spacey

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shard posted:

I remember thinking when they announced the performance center that it sounds like such a good idea. What a summer child I was.

The Power Plant gave us Goldberg!

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Huh, and here I thought all this time Jeff was injured. Holy poo poo WWE is bad.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

iirc when Roman Reigns was trying to get better at promos they sent him to work with Howard Fine, who is very well regarded.

The women's division equivalent would probably be Corky St Clair from Waiting For Guffman.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Huh, and here I thought all this time Jeff was injured. Holy poo poo WWE is bad.

I did enjoy his IC storyline and the Sami Zayne earringcuff spot was pretty good, actually a high point during 2020 in my opinion

now he's on main event jobbing to jinder mahal lol

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Jinder vs Jeff sounds bad but it’s mind boggling that you have two former world champs having a match on a show that is mostly recaps and exists purely for international agreements.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

Sigma posted:

Mox meeting Renee’s mother and immediately getting day drunk with her was another perfect moment on that season
As if I couldn't love Moxley any more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNgj76Hi5zk

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Astro7x posted:

But it was also a "Tables, Ladders, and Scares" match, on an special themed episode, so.....

On 2/24 when Io's segment was third highest rated segment on the show and ratings continued to go down, Kross/Escobar adds 86K viewers for Q7 and another 34K for the finish in Q8. Are those two draws?

People have a bias toward their favorite wrestlers. Nobody is a draw. People just tune in and lose interest. I am sure more people watched Mansoor last night than any NXT segment ever

I think you're oversimplifying things. There's context (which I don't have since you only gave dates) and there are trends. Darby Allin has been in the main of Dynamite 3 weeks out of 4 lately. Every time, viewership went up going into the advertised main. So you can note Darby is becoming a draw in AEW. People tune in for his match. A single segment of Mansoor doesn't mean anything. With Io, I've seen her quarter hours go head to head with AEW and I've seen her win a few times, even though AEW almost always has higher overall viewership. But I don't have the quarters for every NXT show since she became champion, so I suppose I can't really change your mind. Io's not even in my faves, I tuned out of NXT hard in 2017.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fightful is reporting that Tessa Blanchard isn't coming to WWE. The Diamond Mine act is an entirely different thing and that it's a very tightly kept secret.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

This can't be unrelated to John Laurenitis being rehired.
Why would you even bring him back? What did he ever do aside from leave the roster to rot on the vine in the 2000s and drive Kenny Omega to Japan for 15 years? I mean it's possible that they decided that they arn't bad enough at developing new prospects but they really are.

Her coming back has been in the pipeline for six months.

He hires the people Vince likes. That's why he has the job.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

Max Landis

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dacap posted:

Also lol that they’re resorting to the exact same poo poo that hurt Jinder’s run before where the Bollywood Boys interfered every match but replaced them with Indus Sher.

Now that they’re with Jinder, is Bivens managing anyone right now? He’s got to be one of the most mind-boggling current examples of a top-tier talent that they’re doing gently caress all with. There’s so many guys on the main roster who could benefit from having him as a manager. He could pair great with Ricochet or Keith Lee.
hes Not Making Money For Someone Else. thats what hes doing. that was the point of signing him. he is performing as intended.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

hes Not Making Money For Someone Else. thats what hes doing. that was the point of signing him. he is performing as intended.

Stoke was someone HHH (maybe via Gabe) genuinely saw something in and his camp was pre AEW so they were a little bit less in "sign absolutely everyone" mode. They were still signing anyone they could to make it harder for anyone to start something, but in his case I think it was genuine.

So it's much funnier they are not doing anything with him. But he's making money so good for him.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Stoke is managing Tyler Rust/Ryan Taylor now, isn't he?

a cyborg mug posted:

That reminds me that I did watch some of Total Divas and I remember Eva Marie consistently being the most boring part of it. She has zero personality in a show aggressively edited to make even the most bland people seem totally insane and oh yeah she had a massively douchey idiot boyfriend iirc I dunno anymore. Bye
Of the boyfriends/husbands I generally thought her dude was fine? He seemed pretty chill and supportive and whatnot.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

davidbix posted:

Of the boyfriends/husbands I generally thought her dude was fine? He seemed pretty chill and supportive and whatnot.

It’s very possible, it’s been several years since I watched it. I regret saying unfounded things and will edit the post

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 4, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He was managing someone generic looking a couple months ago but I haven't seen anything about him being on TV in a few weeks. But that could just be no one talking about NXT.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SonicRulez posted:

I think you're oversimplifying things. There's context (which I don't have since you only gave dates) and there are trends. Darby Allin has been in the main of Dynamite 3 weeks out of 4 lately. Every time, viewership went up going into the advertised main. So you can note Darby is becoming a draw in AEW. People tune in for his match. A single segment of Mansoor doesn't mean anything. With Io, I've seen her quarter hours go head to head with AEW and I've seen her win a few times, even though AEW almost always has higher overall viewership. But I don't have the quarters for every NXT show since she became champion, so I suppose I can't really change your mind. Io's not even in my faves, I tuned out of NXT hard in 2017.

This is exactly my point though. Darby has had several Dynamites where he has had the highest numbers in the key demo, he has had at least 4 matches that were over 1 million viewers, regardless of placement on the card. He has had main events that brought in viewers instead of losing them. He CONSISTENTLY does well if he is on the show. While part of that is not just that it's Darby, because there are other factors involved with how he is presented, I would call him a draw for the brand.

You can't say that about anyone in WWE. People blame the booking (oh that's the 4th match against that person in a row!), or that they were put on at a specific quarter hour that historically draws lower viewers. Whatever. It just proves that no one is consistently a draw for the brand. People tune in and watch "Raw" or "NXT", regardless of who is on it and what they are doing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

davidbix posted:

Tyler Rust has appeared on TV 4 times this year and the last appearance was over a month ago, so technically true, practically speaking not really.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dacap posted:

is Bivens managing anyone right now?

some dude named rust on nxt, i think theyve had 2 matches this year, efb

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m pretty sure WWE’s thinking is to intentionally lose all the kinds of fans they hate the most, the vocal contingent that might reject their booking and they don’t care if it takes decades to replace them all with people who are children right now. I feel like they see NXT as a way to corral those people while still getting their money, and they don’t care if the rest quit watching or watch AEW because no matter what they’re going to constantly make money long after we’re all distant memories.

They probably want AEW to have any talent they don’t see as a potential sycophant because in their mind having talent around who might buck the system is dangerous and they feel those talents will eventually sink AEW like the NWO did WCW, but wrestlers now enjoy the art of wrestling and the NWO mostly enjoyed money and being in politically powerful positions.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Deliver us

From Eva

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love the style of the NewsNiews thread title

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

That reminds me that I did watch some of Total Divas and I remember Eva Marie consistently being the most boring part of it. She has zero personality in a show aggressively edited to make even the most bland people seem totally insane

EDIT: Removed a comment about her boyfriend which was probably poorly remembered and unfounded. Many bad boyfriends on that show

The only entertaining parts of hers on that show were her dad being a gigantic rear end in a top hat about everything.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Imagine telling people a year ago that AEW's women's division would be ahead of WWE's

"Oh cool, so either this whole pandemic thing ends up blowing over or AEW puts in the work to build a division from basically square one? Yeah, I can see that."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful is reporting that Tessa Blanchard isn't coming to WWE. The Diamond Mine act is an entirely different thing and that it's a very tightly kept secret.

Cody welcome home.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Isn’t the Diamond Mine a bunch of former MMA fighters and they aren’t even being subtle about it?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW and WWE's women's division are tied for me right now as far as big matches. Bianca vs. Sasha was one of the best Wrestlemania main events ever, and a match that would get over in any era of wrestling. Britt vs Rosa was one of the better hardcore matches i've ever seen and a big moment for AEW. If you don't watch any weekly WWE TV the matches are mostly pretty good if they don't involve the Fiend, but things could be changing with Johnny Ace back, I hope not!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
diamond mine ya own business lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

AEW and WWE's women's division are tied for me right now as far as big matches. Bianca vs. Sasha was one of the best Wrestlemania main events ever, and a match that would get over in any era of wrestling. Britt vs Rosa was one of the better hardcore matches i've ever seen and a big moment for AEW. If you don't watch any weekly WWE TV the matches are mostly pretty good if they don't involve the Fiend, but things could be changing with Johnny Ace back, I hope not!

I'd honestly put AEW's over WWE right now, something I didn't think would be possible, but AEW did a great job developing new workers and putting them over (Leyla Hirsch, Abadon, Red Velvet, Jade Cargill) while WWE has essentially created a boring cynosure of Sasha/Charlotte until the heat death of the loving universe. I'm glad Bianca got over but they're wasting a lot of other talent or released some good ones. Of course, the patented WWE Scripted Promos don't help which is likely why a lot of them come across as tacky, and picking Raquel/Rhea as the next vanguard going forward was a bad move.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
raw was on while i was trying to sleep and i saw charlotte/dana and it was worse than any match i've ever seen on any AEW show including dark, and that's before factoring in the camerawork and commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

wwe acting class featuring tommy wiseau, kevin spacey and da jokah baby guy