Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Smeep posted:

On Trump's new "communications platform" (a website where he puts out press releases in a stream that kinda sorta looks like social media but without all those pesky other people)
First reply:

quote:

Liberal/leftists heads are exploding....

I guess even Freep knows that those are two different things now :v:
(maybe that is why our heads are exploding? Trump continuing his twitter ranting in notepad.exe sure isn't it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Necrothatcher posted:

gently caress this probation

Turns out liberal does not mean the same thing in the US and the UK.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Herstory Begins Now posted:

these words are literally universally applicable political words though because they focus on ethos rather than realpolitik

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

With either definition it's still true though.

"See American Liberals aren't as heartless as English ones" doesn't really work when you view the last say...50 years of politics being liberals pulling right to try and peel some support off of the Reagen era repubs and then they just kept doing it from there forward. The ACA started as a Heritage Foundation approach to 'fixing' healthcare while actually just focusing on making sure private companies kept making money (source on origin of ACA: https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2010/apr/01/barack-obama/obama-says-heritage-foundation-source-health-excha/)

How are you in any position of power but this utterly ignorant of history or the struggle of poor and minority people or just this thin skinned that you think that genuinely good post was worthy of any punishment?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

liberalism sucks and so do you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Words do have multiple meanings sometimes. gently caress, even when I asked the question about the use of the term "liberal" I was pretty sure I knew what they were talking about and they just confirmed it for me and then made quite the effort post about it. First time in all my SA days that I've looked at a probe and said to myself, "Well that was hosed up".

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Sorry I thought this thread was for making fun of the freaks at Free Republic my bad

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Smeep posted:

Sorry I thought this thread was for making fun of the freaks at Free Republic my bad

I've lurked this thread for awhile now cause it's so fun but the idiot mods can't even not gently caress up in here, this holy ground.

JimRob was a better admin

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
- please shitpost less in here, or at least do it more on topic
- herstory's probe of owlfancier was more or less a misunderstanding
- fos's 3day reads to me like it was an extension of the day on the much worse post and he picked the wrong post
- please shitpost less in here

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Sure would have been a help if someone had pointed this out in literally the first paragraph

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Twelve by Pies posted:

This dude has Freep's number though. If you want to get Freep railing against spanking in schools, make up a fake story about a liberal teacher spanking a kid for saying God or something.

Lmao I was going to post the same thing but this freeper beat me to it.

Really shows you what freep is all about, they've always got the hate on for teachers and administrators as evil satanic bureaucrats indoctrinating kids and teaching them things like evolution and sex ed that parents don't want their kids to know, but as soon as a principal smacks a kid it's all "it was for her own good" "if her parents don't like it they're lovely parents who should shut up and be grateful someone beats their kids when they don't" blah blah blah and they just totally forget everything they say about parental rights and evil government schools.

They just want to see kids abused, that's 99% of their politics right there

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 4, 2021

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Corrode posted:

liberalism sucks and so do you

Wow.

Great comedic timing though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If shitposting is banned than how can we quote freepers :(

fake e: after momentary reflection it's probably more accurate to say that every freep post is just a very, very bad effortpost

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Nigerian teen gets 19 scholarship offers worth more than $5 million from the US and Canada

From the article linked

quote:

A senior prefect during her time in high school, Victory rose to national prominence in late 2020 after she scored straight As in her West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
Months earlier, the Nigerian teen had been rated as the "Top in the World" in English as a second language (speaking endorsement) by the University of Cambridge International Examination (CIE). Victory aced the Cambridge IGCSE exam -- acquiring A* in all six subjects she sat for.

quote:

To: deport
Unfortunately, she'll probably get her full ride degree, then never return to her native Nigeria to apply her skills to help her fellow Nigerians.

3 posted on 5/4/2021, 10:22:46 AM by Yo-Yo (is the /sarc tag really necessary?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

“Their admissions processes are extremely selective,” Victory added. “They only accept the best of the best.”

But in the good old USA, advance placement schools cannot just accept the best and brightest of students because of racial equity. We are getting to be FUBAR.

6 posted on 5/4/2021, 10:25:27 AM by antidemoncrat (somRead more at: https://economicti)

quote:

To: Yo-Yo
How many American citizens applied to those schools, and didn’t get in, even though they and their parents were prepared to go deeply in debt to pay the full amount?

10 posted on 5/4/2021, 10:27:09 AM by Soul of the South (The past is gone and cannot be changed. Tomorrow can be a better day if we work on it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Is her resume REAL? Or just another Nigerian Scam.

13 posted on 5/4/2021, 10:44:10 AM by oil_dude

quote:

Is there anybody out there who still doesn’t understand why tuition is so high? Because only certain people pay it. The rest don’t. The kid who writes “BLM” 100 times in the application gets in free. The certified victim known as the female person of color gets a free ride.

This is inequality, not equality.

14 posted on 5/4/2021, 10:47:40 AM by I want the USA back (Non-binary transnormativity is a construct of intersectionality. Leftist gobbledegook stinks.)

quote:

Comment #20 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: Yo-Yo
“Unfortunately, she’ll probably get her full ride degree, then never return to her native Nigeria to apply her skills to help her fellow Nigerians.”

Screw Nigeria. We need her here. The REPUBLICAN party should offer her a reward for coming here and a GOP congress can offer instant citizenship in response to those who climb the wall. Just verify she’s not a squad wannabe.

Does anyone here believe the color of her skin fills a slot that otherwise can’t be filled with American’s of color? Still we need her here. That’s what America is all about.

18 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:12:22 AM by DIRTYSECRET (`)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DIRTYSECRET
Why does America need even one more immigrant? That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.

25 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:23:58 AM by subterfuge (RIP T.P.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m going to have the young ones start self-identifing as Nigerian female youts. Beats paying for college.

38 posted on 5/4/2021, 12:46:59 PM by BiglyCommentary

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Smeep posted:

On Trump's new "communications platform" (a website where he puts out press releases in a stream that kinda sorta looks like social media but without all those pesky other people)

There's some people in that thread feeling more empowered to turn against Dear Leader.

quote:

It’s one way communication you can’t respond. He had such an opportunity to start a whole new conservative platform to rival Twitter and Facebook any squandered it it.

It should be named something like first amendment or something patriotic not his name and have the capabilities for tweeting and videoing. What a lost opportunity for the conservative movement

4 posted on 5/4/2021, 4:35:04 PM by NoLibZone (Capitol surrounded by troops vetted to shoot us. Never again ask why the Jews walked into the cars.)

quote:

As much as I hate to say it, Trump is not on our side. His crazy pro covid vax position says it all.

8 posted on 5/4/2021, 4:39:16 PM by KierkegaardMAN (This is the sort of stuff up with which I shall not put!)

quote:

He shoulda done something like this from the start. His tweeting is at least 50% of what made him lose, the rest covid and the fallout from it.

I strongly believe that biden’s polls are truly strong now because people don’t see much of him. Trump’s bombastic personality really hurt.

10 posted on 5/4/2021, 4:44:50 PM by Shadylake

quote:

I'm no happier having Trump tell me to get jabbed than I am hearing that from Jopedo.

26 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:19:52 PM by skimbell

Plenty of Freepers calling those posters liberals/traitors/RINOs too but they're less interesting. Well aside from this one. They're definitely lying of course, but it's still interesting.

quote:

You should be more upset with the GOP that they stabbed President Trump, and us in the back, certified a potato, and sanctioned unlimited voter fraud. That's what turned me against any GOP candidate, not that Donald Trump supports the vaccine. If you continue to support the GOP, and vote for any of their candidates, then you're condoning their behavior, and continuing to allow them to abuse you, and disrespect your vote. I've washed my hands of the whole party. If that means not voting for Donald Trump should he run again, then so be it. I won't compromise my values for a party that doesn't give a $hit about me, or my vote.

30 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:30:17 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne )

"Actually it's good that nobody can comment on his new blog, because then people will see how evil we are leftists will pretend to be supporters and post the exact same things we believe!"

quote:

It not trivial to keep tens of thousands of agent provocateurs out. They'll post garbage, alert all the leftists and GOEBBELS media of the posts and then that get passed around as from TRUMP'S SUPPORTERS. Racist, homophones, women haters, ...

17 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:01:15 PM by BiglyCommentary

quote:

“It’s one way communication you can’t respond.”

I want to read what Trump says, not the thousands of snotty responding comments from Trump haters. Who would have the time or inclination to read all that.

41 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:43:23 PM by odawg

quote:

Did you ever look at his Twitter replies?

49 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:51:44 PM by americas.best.days... ( Donald John Trump has pulled the sword from the stone.)

quote:

And yet that never stopped him from posting. Trump is not the kind to shrink from jerks posting on his threads.

50 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:52:52 PM by DoodleDawg

quote:

Replies have no value. Its not needed. He’s starting to blog.

I’m so sorry that this is happening to you.

52 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:55:33 PM by americas.best.days... ( Donald John Trump has pulled the sword from the stone.)

"Trump said he supported the vaccine on Opposite Day, so I think you'll find..."

quote:

“His crazy pro covid vax position says it all.”

His one-time pro-Covid statement a couple weeks ago wasn’t from the heart. It was half-assed and almost whispered. It wasn’t “crazy”, and it seemed he had his fingers crossed behind his back when he said it.

27 posted on 5/4/2021, 5:20:06 PM by MayflowerMadam (I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence - Prof. Dean Alfange)

And finally an incredibly dumb, completely out of touch with reality post.

quote:

Was hoping it would be a Twitter or FB platform and I guess he could add to what he has just opened. I will check it out to see what he has to say. Most dems that I talked to didn’t have a problem with much of his policy as far as creating jobs. They didn’t like his tweets. But he got attacked worse than any other president ever. Constant and he would fight back, I liked that about him. If he was treated in the media the way other presidents were then he may not have been as vicious. He fought for all of us in his foreign policy. He got results and the border was much better off. Look at the border now. And our current president is hiding and the media covers for him and asks softball questions. If the media threw questions and insults at biden like they did Trump then he would have a heart attack.

15 posted on 5/4/2021, 4:56:31 PM by glimmerman70

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

whats funny is a few of them clearly get it. one is like "hey maybe we should let her stay and reward her so she votes for us and helps us" and the rest poo poo on him. like i wish i had this ladies brains and work ethic. i just have my BA in history :(. i wish this girl the best.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
probably my favorite thing on Freep is when one of them perfectly identifies how dems keep minority votes despite not really doing much for those communities and say poo poo like 'wait this random minority involved in a story that isn't major news you posted here just to get mad at could probably actually lend their voice for our side if we just made a big show of treating them well in minor ways that don't actually require any real political capital or meaningful action' and then every other poster just froths with rage at the idea of even paying shallow respect to someone with dark skin.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
What is political capital, exactly?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Flying-PCP posted:

An informal measurement of how "Trustworthy" a politician or political faction is, and usually an extension of that trust is measured in how much political action they can accomplish

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A somewhat nebulous idea I think, the usual interpretation I encounter is the idea that it is a sort of currency of support that political organizations build up among their voters/other political factions which they can expend to embark on difficult political actions (either in the sense that their voters are willing to allow them leeway to act without voting against them or in the sense that other political factions are willing to work with them to enact a policy but they won't do this all the time.) I don't really buy this entirely because I don't think the highly conditional nature of political support really fits the word "capital" because what political actions you can do and who will support them is extremely subjective, you can do an unlimited amount of things that people want you to do (or at least as quickly as you can write legislation) and if the right people don't want to do something you can't do it, so I think understanding it as a currency is a bit weird. I also think some people like to use it to sort of handwave away why politicians don't do things when a more direct answer might be that the politicians just don't want to do them.

The idea that voters will allow a party a certain amount of leeway in deivating from what they want them to do is a thing, so people sometimes use it to describe that in general, but I also think the idea of it being "capital" is a bit misleading because I think as freep (and other political trends) shows quite well, what they want them to do and who they will support is pretty all over the place, politicians and platforms fall in and out of favour very fluidly and some politicians are afforded a near infinite amount of goodwill despite failing to do anything useful politically for their supporters or in an objective sense, simply because they are able to get a lot of people to form an emotional attachment to them. And similarly that favour can fade if and when they lose. There is a strong "politics as a team sport" effect too.

If political capital is a thing then it is a cryptocurrency.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 5, 2021

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Flying-PCP posted:

Total bullshit talking head jargon for nonsense speak to fill air time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- fos's 3day reads to me like it was an extension of the day on the much worse post and he picked the wrong post

It's this I hosed up and clicked probe on the wrong post. I meant to probe this one:

chitoryu12 posted:

lol you actually believe Tara "Unironic Putin Stan" Reade. gently caress this poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

sexpig by night posted:

probably my favorite thing on Freep is when one of them perfectly identifies how dems keep minority votes despite not really doing much for those communities and say poo poo like 'wait this random minority involved in a story that isn't major news you posted here just to get mad at could probably actually lend their voice for our side if we just made a big show of treating them well in minor ways that don't actually require any real political capital or meaningful action' and then every other poster just froths with rage at the idea of even paying shallow respect to someone with dark skin.

I love the freepers who like actually really seem to believe some of the poo poo Republicans pretend to believe for public consumption and then are flabbergasted when their fellow freepers just dump their supposed principles in the trash when they're with each other

"wait guys I thought we believed in small government and parental sovereignty and hated government schools, why are you so happy a government official is beating someone's kid I don't understand"

"wait wait guys, we're only against illegal criminal immigrants right, why aren't we accepting this valedictorian overachiever from Nigeria, if we gave her citizenship she could be our ambassador from the Republican Party to the good minorities to show how not racist we are, why are you hating on her skin color and national origin that makes us look racist!"

And lol it's good Trump doesn't allow replies because liberals will post exactly like freepers to make us look racist and stupid

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Flying-PCP posted:

It used to be a general stand-in for all the favors and good will and poo poo that politicians would build up over time so you could call up Senator R and remind them of the time you voted for something R really wanted and now it's time to return the favor.

Which is to say it doesn't really exist at all anymore and may not have ever existed except as an example of the "good old days"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ravenfood posted:

It used to be a general stand-in for all the favors and good will and poo poo that politicians would build up over time so you could call up Senator R and remind them of the time you voted for something R really wanted and now it's time to return the favor.

Which is to say it doesn't really exist at all anymore and may not have ever existed except as an example of the "good old days"

I think markers and stuff are still a thing, but less so than they used to be, especially since the Republican party realized that if they went extremely far right and screeched about how democrats were the far left they could essentially move the Overton window by default since the mainstream media is almost totally worthless in this regard, and gerrymandering has made it so most politicians have far more to fear from a more extreme primary challenger than a general election.

But "political capital" really was just some bullshit that people whose dads went to good schools so they could get media jobs invented so they had something else to use to analyze the news. Like there was never any objective reality to it, the legislators largely dont care what the public thinks about issues, or we'd basically see the Bernie agenda enacted nearly immediately.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

"wait guys I thought we believed in small government and parental sovereignty and hated government schools, why are you so happy a government official is beating someone's kid I don't understand"

One of the most fascinating things to me was how before the pandemic the right was big on how the schools were all liberal brainwashing institutions and you should pull your kids out of those liberal public schools and homeschool them so you can teach them real history and good old American values.

And then when the pandemic hit and schools closed it was "We need to open schools NOW! It's ridiculous that the government wants us to school our kids at home!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

One of the most fascinating things to me was how before the pandemic the right was big on how the schools were all liberal brainwashing institutions and you should pull your kids out of those liberal public schools and homeschool them so you can teach them real history and good old American values.

And then when the pandemic hit and schools closed it was "We need to open schools NOW! It's ridiculous that the government wants us to school our kids at home!"

Everybody wanna be a homeschool nazi but not everybody gonna put in the work

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Lol yeah I noticed that too, turns out the anti-public school stuff was really about justifying low teacher salaries and cutting education budgets to fund local tax cuts, not about actually getting rid of the free babysitting

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sexpig by night posted:

So you're saying that Conservative Propaganda is correct that POC and other minority groups are gormless fools that Democrats literally trick and/or bribe into supporting them by performatively giving them table scraps when they could have so much more if they just abandoned their crypto-enslavers huh?

How're Candance Owens and Diamond and Silk doing in kickstarting that Blexit movement? Good?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

So you're saying that Conservative Propaganda is correct that POC and other minority groups are gormless fools that Democrats literally trick and/or bribe into supporting them by performatively giving them table scraps when they could have so much more if they just abandoned their crypto-enslavers huh?

drat that's one hell of a strawman.

What is with people kramering into this thread lately to start arguments about things that aren't Freep? Instead we could be laughing about things like Freep doing another 180 on Ted Cruz.

Had a great dinner tonight with President Trump at Mar-a-Lago (The title is from a tweet Ted Cruz made.)

quote:

While my preference would be a Trump/DeSantis ticket, I really like the fact that Cruz is publicly maintaining a good personal relationship with our President in Exile.

I would love him on the Supreme Court once they are both re-elected and a strong conservative is put in Cruz's place, but I know the SC isn't Cruz's first choice.

14 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:45:22 PM by jdsteel ("A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it." Sorry Ben, looks like we blew it.)

quote:

He looks like the guy Trump invited to dinner. Trump and Cruz are fine with each other these days.
-——each has made the other stronger, and we are all better for it.

21 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:51:35 PM by drSteve78 (Je suis deplorable. WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE)

quote:

Yup. Trump had no stronger allies in the Senate than Cruz. If all Congressional Republicans had backed Trump as well as Cruz did, we'd have a complete border wall in place right now. The FReepers who can't get over Cruz's opposition to Trump in the 2016 primaries really need to get over it and step into 2021.

23 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:57:00 PM by AnotherUnixGeek

quote:

I like Ted Cruz. I don’t believe that he has any future as a POTUS/VP candidate, but at least he knows which side he’s playing for. He knows that the real enemies are on the left, and he’s never been one to play to the media/leftist establishment for cheap applause in the manner of a Liz Cheney or Mittens Romney.

25 posted on 5/5/2021, 12:07:14 AM by irishjuggler

quote:

stop hating on Ted!

27 posted on 5/5/2021, 12:12:18 AM by mylife (The Roar Of The Masses Could Be Farts)

Though not every Freeper is willing to forgive Cruz for the crimes of not being lily white and running against Trump in the primaries.

quote:

I am torn. I don’t truly know if Cruz is sincere or just a political whore who is correctly judging which way the winds are blowing. But, my gut instinct tells me the latter is likely the case.

Perhaps, I’m wrong? Perhaps years of political involvement have turned me into a total cynic? Or, perhaps my instincts are completely correct? Time will tell. Bottom line is, with all career politicians, never ever trust them. Ever.

6 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:33:59 PM by ocrp1982 ( Bibicly)

quote:

Cruz, the Constitutional Expert realizes full well that he is ineligible to ever be President, but he ran anyhow.

That fact alone makes him suspect and untrustworthy.

It is clear that he has many admirers but from here, I see a personal agenda that supersedes the rest of us.

Not a fan.

11 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:39:03 PM by Radix (Natural Born Citizens have Citizen parents )

quote:

Ted’s name has been floated for the Supreme court.
If True Americans retake the presidency, what about the AG post?

You may be correct about the AG post.

His attempt to become president suggests he is either a crummy legal scholar or too egocentric to serve the nation's best interest while on the court. In the AG post he would be surrounded by competent lawyers.

13 posted on 5/4/2021, 11:43:12 PM by frog in a pot (The voters do the heavy lifting...or not.)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

VitalSigns posted:

I love the freepers who like actually really seem to believe some of the poo poo Republicans pretend to believe for public consumption and then are flabbergasted when their fellow freepers just dump their supposed principles in the trash when they're with each other

My favorite (though non-freep) example of this was the oathkeeper guy who really wanted to help arm black protestors in Fergerson, only to be surprised to find that the oathkeeper organization only really wanted constitutional rights and the right to bear arms for white people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sanguinia posted:

How're Candance Owens and Diamond and Silk doing in kickstarting that Blexit movement? Good?

It's...not really that deep and conspiratorial really my dude. Neither party really is any good for people who aren't already the wealthy and powerful in charge of things, but the democrats make a show of supporting more inclusive viewpoints without really doing a ton meaningful, but because the contrast is the right wing who meets 'wait I thought we liked legal immigrants who can contribute their knowledge to our country. Shouldn't we be welcoming this Nigerian lady and hoping she lends her voice to our movement if we do?' with 'AAAAAAAAGH AFRICAN WOMAN BAD AAAAAAAAAAGH' yea no poo poo most people will take token support over outright hate. This is...not a hot take at all my buddy.

Hobnob posted:

My favorite (though non-freep) example of this was the oathkeeper guy who really wanted to help arm black protestors in Fergerson, only to be surprised to find that the oathkeeper organization only really wanted constitutional rights and the right to bear arms for white people.

God that's always really funny, I remember some thing ages ago when the Proud Boys were kinda just getting big when some moderately big black right wing grifter type wanted to join to show how not racist they were and near instantly went from 'hey I agree we need to protect the west and stop the deviants from ruining the culture' to 'oh man you guys sure love shouting the n-word at me even when I agree with you'

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Sanguinia posted:

https://twitter.com/BLEXIT/status/1389341514447339521?s=20

"Hey black people - cops are actually really cool and good. Don't listen to the haters!"

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

"Hey black people - cops are actually really cool and good. Don't listen to the haters!"

They don’t have to worry, you can’t hear the haters when someone is kneeling on your neck.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 5, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

VitalSigns posted:

I grew up in a deep red wealthy suburban district with staunchly conservative parents. We'd listen to conservative talk radio in the car and gather as a family to watch Bill O'reilly and Sean Hannity in the evenings. Somehow I managed to absorb all the small government fiscally responsible messaging without really picking up on racist dog whistles. Hence "why are we against gay marriage cuz why should the government get to decide?" or "if Obamacare is bad because it's moving healthcare decisions from patients to government bureaucrats, then why do government bureaucrats get to make decisions for women about reproductive health?"

Then I moved to a small rural town and the people at republican events were happy to be openly racist, spew birth poo poo, and engage in some really weird fetishization when they found out I'm Jewish. Made me start to think the democrats weren't lying when they said republicans had a racism problem after all.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

holy christ I didn't know this was a thing, and it's hilarious

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

I grew up in a deep red wealthy suburban district with staunchly conservative parents. We'd listen to conservative talk radio in the car and gather as a family to watch Bill O'reilly and Sean Hannity in the evenings. Somehow I managed to absorb all the small government fiscally responsible messaging without really picking up on racist dog whistles. Hence "why are we against gay marriage cuz why should the government get to decide?" or "if Obamacare is bad because it's moving healthcare decisions from patients to government bureaucrats, then why do government bureaucrats get to make decisions for women about reproductive health?"

Then I moved to a small rural town and the people at republican events were happy to be openly racist, spew birth poo poo, and engage in some really weird fetishization when they found out I'm Jewish. Made me start to think the democrats weren't lying when they said republicans had a racism problem after all.

yeah alot of wealthy conservatives genuinly do believe in all that bullshit and so tend to be somewhat socially liberal on weird levels because they tend to be more worldly/educated then the small town/small bueness/chud conservatives. so when you do get racism(you always do at some point) its always dog whistled and sometimes weirdly unintentional.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Poll: 72% of Americans Say Immigrants Come to the United States for Jobs and to Improve Their Lives

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
And bank robbers rob banks because that’s where the money is.

What’s yer point?

2 posted on 5/5/2021, 9:46:03 AM by ClearCase_guy ("I see you did something -- why you so racist?")

quote:

So what if they do?

We have too many already.

Close the door and leave it closed until everybody speaks English. And only English.

9 posted on 5/5/2021, 9:51:15 AM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion, or satire. Or both.)

quote:

To: Texas Fossil
We can always take over their countries. call them protectorates.

12 posted on 5/5/2021, 9:53:41 AM by DIRTYSECRET (`)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m currently studying art history in the process of learning to paint.

The “Dark Ages” were preceded by unprecedented inbound migration to the Roman Empire of external migrants from far less sophisticated societies, mostly nomadic tribes. The huge influx was what kicked off a 1000 years of destruction of the civilization and loss of technology, especially in art and architecture. No one knows what triggered the influx, maybe they just wanted a better life. . .

It took centuries for the “barbarians” to begin to acclimate to the Roman advances in technology, philosophy, society and culture. By then, most of the advances materially and philosophically had been destroyed. Eventually the Renaissance began and restoration of those ancient advances began. This was made possible by scholars in monasteries (we owe a lot of thanks to early Christians) having preserved the writings of the Greeks and Romans and established schools to educate the public.

How long would it have taken to reassert advanced civilization if all of that was permanently lost, which appears to be the intent of big tech and big education.

Keep your books safe folks. They will be needed in a generation or two if we don’t get a handle on this. All cultures are not equal. And it’s not about race. It was often the light haired, blue eyed barbarians that invaded the society of dark haired, olive skin Romans.

Yes, this is an over simplification. . .it’s a comment, not a white paper.

26 posted on 5/5/2021, 10:04:00 AM by gspurlock (http://www.backyardfence.wordpress.com)

quote:

Nearly 75% of all immigrants and illegals, are on government welfare programs of some kind. It is lie that they just want to come here to work. They come here because sitting on a porch in housing that is free to them, and doing nothing is far far more lucrative than living in their own country.

In some prisons the population I. There is nearly 80% illegals.

This is not to put down true Imigrants that actually did come here looking for a better life by working hard to get it, but the truth is that near.y 75% of immigrants and illegals are on welfare, some to the tune of nearly $45,000 a year as they soak our government and hard working Americans for all they can get ‘for free’

Thanks to the constant gaslighting of the left, Americans don’t know the actual facts and think that il.egals help keep out country going strong financially. Thi is a blatant lie. The ones that come here and Immedjately go on welfare drain our economy, fill our prisons, which taxpayers then have to pay for, costing approx $145 per day per person, and raise the crime rates much higher. i.legals who are also criminals, commit far more crimes than the average American does- far higher. I have some stats fro a few decades ago, and they were really bad even back then

27 posted on 5/5/2021, 10:04:15 AM by Bob434

quote:

I remember reading somewhere that 70% of immigrants (legal and illegal) wind up on some kind of welfare/food stamps/section 8 housing etc.
They're not coming here to work, they're coming here for all the free stuff the taxpayers are forced to provide.

34 posted on 5/5/2021, 10:14:37 AM by rllngrk33 (It seems the soap box and ballot box have failed, it might be time for the bullet box.)

quote:

And I say they now come for FREE HOUSING, SCHOOL, FOOD, HEALTH CARE and CHECKS!

50 posted on 5/5/2021, 10:30:04 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

100% of robbers do so as a “job and to improve their lives”...what’s their f@cking point?!?

57 posted on 5/5/2021, 10:39:09 AM by ExTxMarine (Diversity is tolerance; diverse points of views will not be tolerated.)

quote:

To: elpadre
ALL IMMIGRATION NEEDS TO STOP!!!

74 posted on 5/5/2021, 12:22:47 PM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Texas Fossil
They are coming here because of abortion -- our labor pool is way short.
We should be asking not why they want to come here, but why should we want them here. As slaves? We alreadt tried that.

85 posted on 5/5/2021, 1:29:07 PM by imardmd1 (Fiat Lux)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i like how abortion is bad only because we don't have enough worker drones or whatever. gently caress freepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's always been the root cause. Keep women barefoot and pregnant and keep labor cheap.

It doesn't work like that in reality, it's more likely to keep women dead and thousands of children maltreated in orphanages and still not really have much effect on wages, because that's not how any of that works, but when has that ever stopped reactionaries.