Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Fess up who is @haunted_eggs

This will all end in tears

https://twitter.com/haunted_eggs/status/1392834705783869445?s=19

idgi

e. you must have been born in 1983 or earlier to get vaxxed

Breath Ray fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

she's the centrist ash sarkar, causes left twitter men to get angry/horny.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Moderna is the Dolly Parton vaccine.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This is like 4-layers-deep metaWeetposting,. OP should be banned, but also his descendants unto the 4th generation.

I'd swipe right tho

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

I don't get what a picture of the Tweetman represents in this context?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I'm champing at the bit to get vaccinated but I don't fall into any vulnerable groups and am in my early 30s. It just feels like once they got to under 50s they keep decreasing the age range by lower and lower increments. Soon it will be over 36.75 then 36.5 etc. like Zeno's paradox.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Its a screenshot from Tinder, he's implying that he swiped right.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

Ebola Dog posted:

I'm champing at the bit to get vaccinated but I don't fall into any vulnerable groups and am in my early 30s. It just feels like once they got to under 50s they keep decreasing the age range by lower and lower increments. Soon it will be over 36.75 then 36.5 etc. like Zeno's paradox.

same here except I'm in my realy 20s.
I know I don't need it but it's weird cause the difference in under 40s seems minimal iirc? Why split them up still

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Comrade Fakename posted:

twitters picture cropping means you'd have to actually click on the tweet to see its a tinder profile picture

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PNGYAKUZA posted:

same here except I'm in my realy 20s.
I know I don't need it but it's weird cause the difference in under 40s seems minimal iirc? Why split them up still

So they can blame the young for not being vaccinated and frolicking outdoors if there's another spike.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

’horngry’

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Camrath posted:

Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. Managed to avoid any side effects from the first, so here’s hoping.

I've had 2 with no effects bar a hot spot on my arm the 2nd time (hot temperature, not notably painful) so it's certainly possible. Good luck!

(The fudge is going down well with friends, so I may have got you more victims customers.)

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

stev posted:

So they can blame the young for not being vaccinated and frolicking outdoors if there's another spike.

the amount of ads I've seen saying "GET VACCINATED!!" on youtube, like yeah mate I'll loving do it the exact second you oiffer it to me.
Highly doubt many ppl in eligible age groups were watching Tony Hawk Pro Skater iceberg videos and that lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
People who were 18 when it first came out for playstation are in the over 40s group now.

TACD posted:

’horngry’

What's all three?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

What's all three?

Tuesday

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
gently caress the police

https://twitter.com/AlanJZycinski/status/1392848057881014277

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

People who were 18 when it first came out for playstation are in the over 40s group now.
Always forget most people didn't start with THUG 1 or 2 lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is like 4-layers-deep metaWeetposting,. OP should be banned, but also his descendants unto the 4th generation.

I'd swipe right tho

I mostly wanted to see if the goon who was this thirsty for the Weetman would out themselves

Also the whole plan has the potential to go horribly horribly wrong like all good goon projects

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't think I've seen Thomas Paine post in quite a while actually

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

This owns

We need so much more of stuff like this

This is what the left should be doing and organising. This is how we do it. There’s nothing more to it than that.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Don't know if any goons are close enough to take advantage but the Mile End Park Art Pavilion centre is offering walk ins at any age for Pfizer until 8 tonight (while stocks last obviously)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jakabite posted:

This is what the left should be doing and organising. This is how we do it. There’s nothing more to it than that.

Agreed.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

:thanks:

also just saw tony blair saying labour needs to capture the centre ground. he and cummings cant both be right!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
While we’re here then, everyone should be looking up their local anti-raids groups. If you don’t have one near you contact one of the established and successful ones like Newham or Haringey (I’m sure there are others). Anti-raids networks are highly effective when a lot of people in a relatively small area are members. It doesn’t take much and could literally save someone’s life. gently caress Labour, so poo poo like this. If anyone wants to talk more about how to get into stuff my PMs are open - if you don’t have PMs ask me for my email and I’ll briefly post it.

E: also really want to know how Kenmure happened? Is it just a case of a tight knit community? Cos any sort of community cohesion, knowing your neighbours, organising events with/for them, is Very Much Praxis.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jakabite posted:

E: also really want to know how Kenmure happened? Is it just a case of a tight knit community? Cos any sort of community cohesion, knowing your neighbours, organising events with/for them, is Very Much Praxis.

This is the earliest twitter mention I can find, looks like the op saw the van and called in Glasgow Unity Centre (local refugee advocacy group). Snowballed from there.

https://twitter.com/YesWithDex/status/1392759335428792323

edit:

Police have released the detainees

https://twitter.com/policescotland/status/1392874548329132035

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 13, 2021

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

This is the earliest twitter mention I can find, looks like the op saw the van and called in Glasgow Unity Centre (local refugee advocacy group). Snowballed from there.

https://twitter.com/YesWithDex/status/1392759335428792323

edit:

Police have released the detainees

https://twitter.com/policescotland/status/1392874548329132035

Cheers! Sounds like a strong community and a good organisation to coordinate stuff.

Slight correction to your edit: they’ve said they plan to release them when the public disperse. I wouldn’t believe a loving word of it. Really hope people don’t move an inch until those men are out and the police have left completely.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How does that work exactly - the earlier article said that the Scotland police isn't working with the Home Office (e: regarding these removals), so would they even have the authority to release the deportees?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jakabite posted:

The BBC News article says that a couple of people got involved initially and then they just phoned everyone they knew in the area and it snowballed from there. Which is pretty cool.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, someone is on point I see.

https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/1391887651284955137

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Direct action = it works

https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith/status/1392882099334619140?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopefully they can keep them safe in the long term, can't help but imagine the cops are going to be watching them like hawks waiting for a chance.

Or vultures perhaps. Hyenas, some sort of other unpleasant carrion eater.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pigs are generally agreeable animals though. And I wouldn't want to eat a copper, you don't know what you'd catch.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

u brexit ukip it posted:

How does that work exactly - the earlier article said that the Scotland police isn't working with the Home Office (e: regarding these removals), so would they even have the authority to release the deportees?

I mean the police could have easily said to the Home office spuds that they're leaving and you're welcome to try and get out of this on your own. Or you can let him go.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RobDotHutton/status/1392888353226383365
:stare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Already gone.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

u brexit ukip it posted:

Similarly to how it works with bailiffs I’d imagine - they come along any time there’s a risk of the peace being breached to ensure that doesn’t happen, in theory impartially. Obviously in practice they act as backup for the bailiffs/HO goons. I imagine the police asked the enforcement officers to withdraw for safety reasons.

haakman
May 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Pigs are generally agreeable animals though. And I wouldn't want to eat a copper, you don't know what you'd catch.

Yeah makes me sad. Pigs are awesome. Cops are not.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Necrothatcher posted:

Nope, I guess they'll ask at the vaccination centre?

Where I live, it depends on the vaccination centre you're sent to. The big centres with the posh freezers get to give out all the Pfizer, while the Astrazeneca gets farmed out to the local doctor's surgeries.

I had my first dose of Pfizer earlier today. So far, no noticeable side-effects, not even injection site soreness. Of course, this means I'll probably be bedridden tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

haakman posted:

Yeah makes me sad. Pigs are awesome. Cops are not.