Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

explosivo posted:

Is Roman's "ACKNOWLEDGE ME" titantron supposed to make him look like a big attention starved baby?

I'm a big fan of when this thread veers into stuff like "Uh, do they realize they gave the heel a character trait that makes him look bad????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if I were roman i wouldnt let them call attention to the fact that im an Idiot Dipshit Fucker

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

xbilkis posted:

I'm a big fan of when this thread veers into stuff like "Uh, do they realize they gave the heel a character trait that makes him look bad????"

It's a legitimate question whether he's supposed to look cool. Otherwise why would they make merch? But that would be high on the list of lamest merch to wear in public.

Hell, if it was "acknowledge me as your better. Before I prove it" or something, but instead the text spacing emphasising "me" makes it look super lame.

MJeff posted:

My headcanon is that having to leave the company for medical reasons twice in the last couple years shook him and now he's overcompensating real bad, thus hiring a dick-hanger like Heyman, the constant cheating and the demands that everybody, up to and including his own family, constantly tell him how great he is and thank him for gracing them all with his presence. Of course that kind of read only really works if the people around him are calling him out for what an attention starved overcompensating baby he's being and to my understanding, absolutely nobody has. And now he's just beating people clean anyway, so it doesn't really track at all.

Calling him out on legitimate grounds? Jimmy is trying to, but not very well, we'll see how it goes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

I honestly think this is the lowest WWE has ever been in the past two decades, creatively.

it absolutely is

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

I thought she was winning tonight what happened?

Give it a month or two.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cesaro is bland

drat, if only there was something he and/or the WWE could do/could have done to give people a different impression. Alas, there simply is no form of media that can make Cesaro seem interesting, everybody's hands are tied here.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"Suddenly, Ricochet jumped Sheamus from behind. He then put on Sheamus's hat and jacket. Sheamus was furious and chased after Ricochet."

Why do babyfaces keep stealing hats and crowns and clothes? Are they poor? Is Cameron Grimes a heel because he can afford his own clothes instead of stealing?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

"Suddenly, Ricochet jumped Sheamus from behind. He then put on Sheamus's hat and jacket. Sheamus was furious and chased after Ricochet."

Why do babyfaces keep stealing hats and crowns and clothes? Are they poor? Is Cameron Grimes a heel because he can afford his own clothes instead of stealing?

My guess is it's supposed to be a face rightfully mocking a heel for their affectations... but it's wrestling, everybody wears silly poo poo, so it doesn't come across well.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

Also, losing clean and then attacking the heel and stealing their poo poo isn't face behaviour. It would be easy to have Sheamus try a attack and Ricochet escaped and somehow got the hat - but alas.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Seth Rollins showing up dressed as Salvador Dali if Salvador Dali sold used cars in Texas was certainly a thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was over at a friend's house and I caught the tail-end of the PPV starting with Lashley retaining and Roman retaining. Those were foregone conclusions. Then I saw Bryan & Vinny reviewing the lumberjack match. I thought maybe Bryan was over-reacting but I watched the clips ITT and it's worse than I thought it'd be. Then I watched the full match and it was even worse than Bryan and the clips made it out to be.

I will unironically defend the Dexter Lumis vs Cameron Grimes cinematic zombie match because it was tongue in cheek but The Miz vs Damien Priest was just the worst.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
god WWE is so loving funny

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
That zombie match is what Lucha underground would be like without Dario Cueto.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DarkstarIV posted:

I honestly think this is the lowest WWE has ever been in the past two decades, creatively.

I'd say it's about average. It's worse than it was yesterday, but it's better than it will be tomorrow.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Hey, did you see the effort Nakamura put into lifting that heavy rear end crown?!?! He deserves to keep it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
At Wrestlemania this year they dubbed in crowd effects. They're supposed to be going back on the road before Summerslam for live shows. I'm genuinely curious as to whether the people showing up are going to be regular wrestling fans, smarks, or WWE Lifers.

I kind of expect that for the first couple months they're going to just do what they did at WM and pipe in cheers and boos over the live audience to fall in line with who Vince thinks are the stars. If Vince had his way there wouldn't have been a Kofimania, Beckey Lynch, Daniel Bryan, or CM Punk hijacking his shows.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The ideal Vince audience is the old WCW Universal Studios audience that had big "cheer" and "boo" signs to obey

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

At Wrestlemania this year they dubbed in crowd effects. They're supposed to be going back on the road before Summerslam for live shows. I'm genuinely curious as to whether the people showing up are going to be regular wrestling fans, smarks, or WWE Lifers.

I kind of expect that for the first couple months they're going to just do what they did at WM and pipe in cheers and boos over the live audience to fall in line with who Vince thinks are the stars. If Vince had his way there wouldn't have been a Kofimania, Beckey Lynch, Daniel Bryan, or CM Punk hijacking his shows.

No no, the Daniel Bryan one was absolutely their plan from the beginning .

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

The ideal Vince audience is the old WCW Universal Studios audience that had big "cheer" and "boo" signs to obey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2nsTGX3Vc0

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

No no, the Daniel Bryan one was absolutely their plan from the beginning .
Of course, making him Bray Wyatt's lackey was Vince's master plan to make him the most over wrestler in the world. Just like Sheamus beating him at Wrestlemania several years in a row.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

Think of the type of person who will spend their post-vaxx celebration time and money on attending a WWE live event (or isn't vaxxed and will just lie about it anyway). It will be absolutely the truest of true believers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Of course, making him Bray Wyatt's lackey was Vince's master plan to make him the most over wrestler in the world. Just like Sheamus beating him at Wrestlemania several years in a row.

I mean, just look at all the other mega-stars that started out as Wyatt's lackeys.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

I mean, just look at all the other mega-stars that started out as Wyatt's lackeys.
Who are you to doubt Erik Redbeard

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Thoughts about tonight’s PPV, no order:

I felt the “no titles change hands this eve” vibe from the outset match; boy was that predictable. Clearly they should have named this one Wrestlemania Backwash.

Get me the model of that vacuum they use during matches to simulate crowd noise because I haven’t seen nor heard an event suck that hard and I have a fussy rug that would be ideal.

Promo in the pre-show about how “Bianca Belair stole the show”: motherfucker she was the main event, the gently caress outta here

My watch party stared at me and thought it was odd that I actually liked Seth’s outfit although I could have really really done without the Cesaro murder. There was no heckin point to that except a creative kick down to upper-midcard.

What the hell is going on with Charlotte’s face? Her face has eras like Michael Jackson and it’s not subtle.

Whenever I see Bobby Lashley it never fails that I think of him looking at that plate of burgers because of this forum.

I argued with the camerawork all night. That first 450 from Ricochet where he landed it on Sheamus was zoomed in frame on the top turnbuckle at the base instead of showing the full drop panned out for ¿reasons? set the tone.

As much as I really enjoy having friends over for a PPV, I think I might try to short-circuit my next WWE PPV with a couple of movies or something. The product has degraded to absolutely unwatchable human garbage whose nauseating camera cuts made me divert my attention to other things instead of watching the Peacock stream.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davros1 posted:

Will Dominik turn on Rey during that match? And say he did it for his real father, Eddie Guerrero?

Eddie still has lineal custody of Dominik, right?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Nobody is going to beat Roman, Brock is going to come back and Paul will turn on him, making him a face, and then he'll finally beat Brock after all these years.

Also did Zombies really eat Miz? Lol.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cesaro is bland

Cesaro has more charisma in ring than anyone in the company.

The UFO alone is probably more over than most of the roster ever will be.

Sanguinia posted:

Nobody is going to beat Roman, Brock is going to come back and Paul will turn on him, making him a face, and then he'll finally beat Brock after all these years.

Roman is going to lose in a triple threat where he doesn't get pinned.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

If people think this isn't all in service to never beat Roman for real and turn him face without ever losing they're insane.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

What the hell is going on with Charlotte’s face? Her face has eras like Michael Jackson and it’s not subtle.

Can we please just start handing out probes or something for this bullshit? There are plenty of reasons to dislike Charlotte without going on and on about her appearance and whether or not someone thinks she's had work done.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm the angry predicter

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cavauro posted:

angry predicter

Sounds like a Prodigy song. Possibly Korn.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Thinking about Cesaro's UUDD character transferred to WWE would be rather silly as he rants about Roman and the Usos cahooting and busting out all the dad jokes known in existence.

Also, aren't the zombies still roaming around the arena after the priest/mix match? I hope that they do and know they won't, explain what happened to them because I need closure for things like this.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Also, losing clean and then attacking the heel and stealing their poo poo isn't face behaviour. It would be easy to have Sheamus try a attack and Ricochet escaped and somehow got the hat - but alas.

Ricochet looks like a loser because he lost, Sheamus looks like a loser for caring so much that Ricochet stole his hat and jacket. Everybody wins!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

Thinking about Cesaro's UUDD character transferred to WWE would be rather silly as he rants about Roman and the Usos cahooting and busting out all the dad jokes known in existence.

Also, aren't the zombies still roaming around the arena after the priest/mix match? I hope that they do and know they won't, explain what happened to them because I need closure for things like this.

They were very polite zombies what with obeying the rules of the match and all, so clearly they just left after messily devouring the Miz.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

McAfee kept dropping not so subtle AEW references during like the first half of last night's show, I was half paying attention to the show but my ears perked up when I heard him say something about the PINNACLE of sports entertainment, which could be a reference or not, then he said something about "two young bucks" in one of the matches, and then he just said "He's better than you and you know it" and I was like alright, we get it..

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Miz & Morrison got turned into zombies, they're slowly going to infect the entire roster. It's this year's summer storyline.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThePariah posted:

Miz & Morrison got turned into zombies, they're slowly going to infect the entire roster. It's this year's summer storyline.

We already know Vince can't book invasions

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ThePariah posted:

they're slowly going to infect the entire roster. It's this year's summer storyline.

pfft, NXT did it last year

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

McAfee referred to Bianca Belair as a "young buck," which....I would not have done that, personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ThePariah posted:

How would you possibly tell the difference?