Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also Joe/Balor wasn't an also ran from their days in japan or the indies. WWE being WWE, however ran some configuration of that match over 30 times(sometimes they tagged together).

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=676&page=4&search=finn

Joe/Balor should be a thing that fills MSG or equivalent large historic venue. It was one of the few great white whales of matchups because both guys are pretty well traveled, yet never met due to timing and circumstances.

Instead they did it to middling crowds on their trainee brand because everyone drank HHH's pissdreams of the future under his benevolence.

coconono fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

NXT is in a bad spot right now, because while I don't have a problem with the majority of the champions...

-

... Hell, I'll even give Kross credit

phew!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Paige just got put in Twitch jail.

She decided to stream Dumb and Dumber live on there. :psyduck:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

got no food, got no job, the gifted subs are falling off

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The problem is that Paige was watching a Jim Carrey movie :v:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean Ember is definitely getting a title match against Raquel at the next Takeover after what happened on NXT this past week, but it's blatantly obvious they are just going to feed Raquel as many popular women as possible in hopes that she'll eventually get popular with viewers, when the opposite is going to happen.
I meant at that time when she had the matches a win over either wasn't anything special.

DarkstarIV posted:

paigehere.gif but with jail bars over it

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 28, 2021

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

got no food, got no job, the gifted subs are falling off

lmfao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
she'll likely only get 7 days if its a first offense

sounds to me like she might've did that thing that got a lot of streamers in trouble last year. twitch had a new policy of "you can stream stuff off of amazon prime video, but only if you lock your stream so that only people with prime can watch it" and a whole lotta people didn't read that second part

paige is truly dumb & dumber

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DarkstarIV posted:

:ironicat:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Like, I really really hated the match where Sami dropped the title to Owens. Just a completely deflating feel bad match where Sami got squashed and looked like a geek after he had just scratched and clawed his way to the top to finally beat PAC and then that was his reward. Injuries and getting called up prevented him from ever getting his win back so it was just a total gently caress you to anyone who cared about him and then NXT switched immediately into their "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment is here in NXT!" era and it's all been downhill since.

100% with you bud.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

WWE's biggest problem is that it doesn't understand 'cool'.

I mean I am a middle aged white man, so I don't understand cool either, but at least I know it when I see it. And whilst I may not understand 'cool', I sure as gently caress know 'lame' and 'tryhard'. And WWE are masters of that.

Everything cool and/or good thay have done in the last couple of decades, they have stumbled into accidentally. (Which is fine and dandy. 'Cool' often arises organically and cannot be predicted or synthesized.) The problem comes once they notice that said thing is 'cool', so immediately put their WWE fingers all over it to try and make it better. Which never works and always makes it lame and aggressively uncool. WWE then, noticing that *thing* is not as popular, then go all in in pushing it hard, either running it into the ground, or making it so flopsweatty stilted and uncool that any spark it once might have had is ruined.

They then blame the performer, and punish them for doing something that was cool and/or good in the first place but now is a WWE stink pile.

Wrestling at it's heart should be fun and cool, (oiled up musclemen with outlandish characters pretending to hit each other in an athletic dance over soap opera level plotlines/beefs), and WWE has had to work drat hard over many years to make it not so.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
raw opens with lil nas x coming out to montero hyping the hell out of the crowd and then triple h storming out and cutting a racist homophobic promo about how you people are destroying american culture

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you got he sequence backwards. HHH cuts the promo then Lil Nas X comes out and dances, destroying HHH. They do fiend magic and poo poo. Dude explodes into dust. They can do this at the thunderdrome, its within their power.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

coconono posted:

you got he sequence backwards. HHH cuts the promo then Lil Nas X comes out and dances, destroying HHH. They do fiend magic and poo poo. Dude explodes into dust. They can do this at the thunderdrome, its within their power.

kevindunn.txt lmao yes yours is definitely more accurate

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

What was the last cool thing WWE have done?

Is it Bad Bunny?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Majinfoose posted:

Is it Bad Bunny?

Grumpycat as guest host

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I haven't watched wwe in a long time but I feel like the last time there was this is interesting is when they had the brand split and talking smack started I remember feeling like there was some actual hype to wwe

was seth rollins coming back after injury and them making him a heel making GBS threads on the fans after or before that? I remember watching that, and it was right after Rollins recovery doc aired and they had such a chance to make a massive face but did that

Guess it didn't matter Seth has shown what a loving loser he is anyways on twitter

long and short wwe sucks

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It was Bad Bunny, this forum is just full of old folks who don't know who he is so it didn't seem as cool as it actually was.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Majinfoose posted:

Is it Bad Bunny?

the only cool thing at wm this year was bad bunny

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I'm an old folk from a country that doesnt speak spanish but after this thread explained to me who he is he does seem pretty cool

I'm not sure how thats supposed to square with the average wwe watcher being older even than me though. Get Tom Selleck next year, he'll go in the hof next to shatner and drew carey

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

the only cool thing at wm this year was bad bunny

I think Sadha Vs. Bianca was one of the best Mania main events ever

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Majinfoose posted:

Is it Bad Bunny?

The fiend stuff has been cool imo. Its like if Bray Wyatt got a public access spot to do live action horror poo poo. I know everyone mocks it but I thought the fuckin box was cool. And they really started to get creative with their thunderdome space. Like Alexa's super magic. I don't know if they'll be able to pull that off live in front of audience, but it'll def help keeps eyes on the other awful boring stuff they also do(and think is more important).

Wrestling doesn't always have to be 15 minute technical exchanges between freak athletes. It can be a spooky swamp dude turned multiversal traveler turned childrens host turned turd monster(whew) or Alexa dropping a lighting rig on Randy Orton too.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Box like structure

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

coconono posted:

The fiend stuff has been cool imo. Its like if Bray Wyatt got a public access spot to do live action horror poo poo. I know everyone mocks it but I thought the fuckin box was cool. And they really started to get creative with their thunderdome space. Like Alexa's super magic. I don't know if they'll be able to pull that off live in front of audience, but it'll def help keeps eyes on the other awful boring stuff they also do(and think is more important).

Wrestling doesn't always have to be 15 minute technical exchanges between freak athletes. It can be a spooky swamp dude turned multiversal traveler turned childrens host turned turd monster(whew) or Alexa dropping a lighting rig on Randy Orton too.

I only saw clips, but right after the pandemic started, the Stone Cold "Tim & Eric-esque" interaction was really funny, so pairing that with some dumb Bray Wyatt poo poo would be really cool.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Sadha Vs. Bianca was one of the best Mania main events ever

I think Sasha and Bianca both rule and the match loving ruled, but I don't think Bianca's got that thing going on where you project a cool that extends beyond the reach of wrestling. Sasha definitely does, but they've always seemed real self-conscious about capitalizing on it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean Ember is definitely getting a title match against Raquel at the next Takeover after what happened on NXT this past week, but it's blatantly obvious they are just going to feed Raquel as many popular women as possible in hopes that she'll eventually get popular with viewers, when the opposite is going to happen.

Ah yes, that technique that always workes. Nothing enders me more to an overpushed wrestler than them beating up a wrestler I like.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lamuella posted:

Ah yes, that technique that always workes. Nothing enders me more to an overpushed wrestler than them beating up a wrestler I like.

"Being liked" is like a Mega Man boss-power that can be taken away by beating someone.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

lol I just remembered Raw Underground.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Dimebags Brain posted:

I actually thought that The Hurt Business looked cool at the close of the first one. So, of course, after taking over, and looking cool, they weren't there the next week.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Majinfoose posted:

Is it Bad Bunny?
He gets my vote.

I'll admit to being an old and therefore out of the loop on Bad Bunny at the time (not to mention that I wasn't following RAW when he made his appearances) so his ringwork at WM was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yaya posted:

It was Bad Bunny, this forum is just full of old folks who don't know who he is so it didn't seem as cool as it actually was.
I have no idea why I need to know who Bad Bunny is for that match to be cool as gently caress. Since I don't know, I didn't expect him to do 1000% the work the average celebrity does and put on a sweet match. Guy put his ego aside, built the match to make the Miz look good and worked his rear end off to make himself look great, it owned.

Meanwhile the shitter in the owens/zayn match didn't need to be there and sucked all the air out of the ending.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
ok I’ll bite: who the gently caress is bad bunny??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I pray you’re joking

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Seams posted:

Remember when Adam Rose had the Bunny? He's back, but he's heel. Hence Bad.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

Kross had some fun stuff in AAA and did a very good Bloodsport match. I think if he did more UWFi stuff and less and WWE stuff he'd have more value. They're trying to make him wrestling the WWE Main Event style and that hasn't worked since Hogan. Its too spot oriented. They do stuff with no logic or flow and by god they're getting all their poo poo in regardless of the match length. Kross looked very natural fighting defensively against shooters until his window opened. Plus having Savinovich blab about his college days didn't help matters.
Yeah, I kind of agree with this but I'd take it beyond straight shootstyle. The two-match series with Gage in GCW (one at the Atlantic City Bloodsport, the other in Asbury Park) was a blast, as was the TakeOver match with Ciampa, who has a similar vibe. He might just not be a guy for big long main event epics and that's...honestly just fine? The problem is booking him as a workrate guy once he was in the world title picture. If you put him in an MMA-adjacent setting or use him as a guy who has short bursts of violence, he can be fantastic. He's a big dude who started fairly late; he doesn't need to master 20+ minute epics.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

Yeah, I kind of agree with this but I'd take it beyond straight shootstyle. The two-match series with Gage in GCW (one at the Atlantic City Bloodsport, the other in Asbury Park) was a blast, as was the TakeOver match with Ciampa, who has a similar vibe. He might just not be a guy for big long main event epics and that's...honestly just fine? The problem is booking him as a workrate guy once he was in the world title picture. If you put him in an MMA-adjacent setting or use him as a guy who has short bursts of violence, he can be fantastic. He's a big dude who started fairly late; he doesn't need to master 20+ minute epics.

He also had an aura of some sort in Impact during promos and pretapes, imo. He never lit my world up, but he was ok, at least.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bad Bunny doesn’t count because it was a cool guy entering the WWE Vortex and elevating it to his level. They opened the match with the Miz and Morrison rap while a dozen people in bunny costumes jumped around the ring; salvaging that is a credit to Bad Bunny and no one else

Bianca/Sasha was a cool match on the heels of a very uncool build, which is just another piece of evidence that WWE would turn out way more good stuff if they got out of the way of their very talented performers

The Hit Row debut segment was straight-up cool for wrestling, not even grading on a WWE curve. NXT still has a lot of potential if they can break out of the Triple H dream booking rut and crack the challenge of keeping the NXT lifers fresh (they figured it out with Gargano!). Take advantage of the opportunities for variety your Vince-free platform provides you, get some more dynamic characters in the mix

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Seams posted:

Imagine a bunny. Picture it.

Now imagine that bunny is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bad Bunny hit a wonderful Canadian Destroyer on the Miz and that is enough for me.