Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

overmind2000 posted:

WWE Doom House, book it

*Fragmaster stumbles into catering*

"Hey I thought I told you to clear out of this company. Do you want to have..... this horror?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“I was Muhammad Hassan all along!!”

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blaise330 posted:

Where is Slapjack

Everybody is asking

Paper Lion posted:

arent you the person that made multiple threads cataloguing every microaggression you could find from raws that aired 20 years ago

Can someone explain to me why that thread's existence annoyed anyone? For the life of me I don't know why cataloging bad taste dumb poo poo got the reactions it did.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

eva lution

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

shuttering NXT while cutting a few more people would probably improve the shows. put the remaining NXT people on the main shows already and maybe down the line have nightmare-factory thing for trainees.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Has Bray Wyatt been on TV since WrestleMania?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Can someone explain to me why that thread's existence annoyed anyone? For the life of me I don't know why cataloging bad taste dumb poo poo got the reactions it did.

"I liked this stuff back then and this guy saying it was bad* is an attack on me"

*they aren't saying it was bad, just that it's extremely problematic in this day and age

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Has Bray Wyatt been on TV since WrestleMania?

Nope

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah he was on once. Just a short thing and then was never seen again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey now, rumors are that Roman didn't want to feud with The Fiend, which if true, makes him the smartest wrestler in the company right now.

Maybe the only person in the company with the pull to refuse as well at the moment?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

do spooky poo poo to me, bray

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Astro7x posted:

The most disturbing thing about that Alexa/Lilly/Shayna segment are the camera cuts that break the 4th wall. Good god. Like, it's not just a bad idea, but they actively had to edit the thing to make it worse.

100% agree. Regardless of the content, that shot looking up at Shayna killed the whole thing for me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In kayfabe, how do you make the magical clown demon show up to the show when you want him to anyway?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cerebral Bore posted:

In kayfabe, how do you make the magical clown demon show up to the show when you want him to anyway?

Courier a box-like structure to the arena

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I thought Eva was supposed to be a face why does she need a heavy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

she just spent the last 5 video packages telling you how much better than she is than anyone else and your takeaway is "she's a face"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gonzo McFee posted:

The women's division does not have heel/face alignments.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The worst part about the Shayna/Alexa segment was purposefully redoing the Hogan/Warrior mirror thing when it was universally panned as an all-time wrestlecrap moment.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

she just spent the last 5 video packages telling you how much better than she is than anyone else and your takeaway is "she's a face"

There are several reports out there saying Eva is supposed to be returning as a babyface.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

The worst part about the Shayna/Alexa segment was purposefully redoing the Hogan/Warrior mirror thing when it was universally panned as an all-time wrestlecrap moment.

that's why its such a great metaphor on the state of WWE booking.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shinjobi posted:

Everybody is asking

It was dredging poop from a landfill and telling us it was poop

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DarkstarIV posted:

There are several reports out there saying Eva is supposed to be returning as a babyface.

I mean at this point it should be clear they have no idea what constitutes a babyface these days. Everyone wins via fluke rollup regardless of alignment anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

The women's division does not have heel/face alignments.

or storylines

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Erebus posted:

*Fragmaster stumbles into catering*

"Hey I thought I told you to clear out of this company. Do you want to have..... this horror?"

"Hunter! I told you to shave those sideburns!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Intruder posted:

Maybe the only person in the company with the pull to refuse as well at the moment?

Bray is a wrestling genius. He outsourced his act to a hot girl and a doll who are in the upper card/main event and he just sits on his rear end at home reaping all the merch money.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Or match time.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Was Bill Goldberg really going to sign with WWF before WCW scooped him up first? If so, how would that have gone down?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That’s diminishing what Rhea and Charlotte and Nikki are doing. Lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Was Bill Goldberg really going to sign with WWF before WCW scooped him up first? If so, how would that have gone down?

Unless they had planned the exact same gimmick and circumstances probably not very well because he certainly wasn’t good on the mic or known for memorable matches

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Considering Sting and Lex Luger are the ones who recruited him from the gym they all went to, probably not.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
i'm amused by the idea that one RKO kept Bray off TV longer than being literally burned alive

although to be fair it's implied that the Fiend's power also got absorbed by Alexa's BLS or something? my Lore is rusty

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Golden Bee posted:

It was dredging poop from a landfill and telling us it was poop

I wasn't watching for 5-6 years, so the thread going over the early 00s was actually pretty eye opening for me.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvRqKF7Oeqs

Tommy talks too much

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

…what else are you supposed to do when you’re a featured guest on a podcast?

I feel for the guy. He did everything he could, and his attitude about it is healthier than being wildly bitter. He’s not bootlicking, he’s honest and candid, and when it comes down to it his life was legit improved by his time there. He met his wife, expanded his fan base, and is now gaining even more of an emotional connection with people because his situation is something people can empathize with.

When it comes down to it, we aren’t in his shoes.

It’s driving me nuts how this sub is making GBS threads on him so much and I’m gonna calm down by looking at the Instagram he and Thea have of their absurd number of cats.

https://instagram.com/team_pomato?utm_medium=copy_link

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tommy End sucks and here's my mathematical proof:

2 / 3.5 = Tommy End is bad

I don't really care either way about him, but ultimately he's in a pretty good position now to work wherever he wants.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

He's passionate about his craft.

Why is that bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ARMBAR A COP posted:

He's passionate about his craft.

Why is that bad.

Orange Cassidy has poisoned this forum

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I think he did have some interviews with Vince because why not? But considering that his home base was Atlanta since he played football for the Falcons he was more geared toward entering the WCW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He comes off much better here than his “here’s the lore of my shoulder spikes and Vince loved it and the dirtsheets were wrong about me not being allowed to go back to nxt” Twitch streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I would rather have someone who's put too much thought into their craft than not enough.