Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

KoRMaK posted:

like what the gently caress, do you want the nozzle man NOT to shout what hes doing?
Yes? That's exactly what he's letting them know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah I'm not seeing what the huge deal is. He lets them do their call outs to demonstrate what they are doing and then he has them stop so he can continue describing what's going on.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yes yes now shut up about it I regret posting

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/sK5Xvlu.mp4

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Eggs are delicious and that is loving awesome.

This guy is my hero.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
what do you do with a giant egg loaf tho?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You eat it, duh.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

You eat it, duh.
you eat a little bit of it, the drink a lot, then eat a little more of it so that you can drink some more, then you drink some more, then you eat a little more and then ....oh its 4 am

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0fG_lnVhHw&t=1536s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beINamVRGy4&t=92s

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
The newest "Down The Rabbit Hole" is defiantly OSHA. It is mostly about the British K-class submarine and what a total cluster gently caress the "Battle" of May Island turned into because of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZS0RpOgdfQ

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

They're stoked Biden one too, huh?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Necrosaro posted:

British K-class submarine

quote:

Of the 18 built, none were lost through enemy action, but six sank, with significant loss of life, in accidents. Only one ever engaged an enemy vessel, K-7 hitting a U-boat amidships, though the torpedo failed to explode

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Necrosaro posted:

The newest "Down The Rabbit Hole" is defiantly OSHA. It is mostly about the British K-class submarine and what a total cluster gently caress the "Battle" of May Island turned into because of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZS0RpOgdfQ

Yeah this is definitely worth a watch just how dangerous the submarines were to their crews even by WWI standards. As a teaser: they were steam powered instead of diesel.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol very breathy

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Was he always this unhinged?

Never watched this guys videos, but he sounds like a poo poo tbh.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

C.M. Kruger posted:

Yeah this is definitely worth a watch just how dangerous the submarines were to their crews even by WWI standards. As a teaser: they were steam powered instead of diesel.

Even better, two engines! Because the head admiral was same enough to realize relying purely on steam was a terrible idea...and instead said to put two engines on.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Top comment is bitching about music. I had it muted so I watched it again.

That's probably August Hunicke, aka Monkey Beaver. He rigs a lot of speed lines and he was into that sort of music/edit style for a while. People in the reddit thread were bitching about tik tok, but he's been doing that sort of thing for 8 years.

I think I've posted this one in the thread before

https://youtu.be/wfV_vJDvBtc

This has surprisingly decent production for a 2013 video by a dude that cuts down trees for a living.

https://youtu.be/F8OkghIn9L8

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 8, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

KoRMaK posted:

the host of smarter everyday is genuinely a good host in the 4 hours of videos i watched today. i wasnt talking about him, dustin.

right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajK1QMP7ZyI&t=1014s
like what the gently caress, do you want the nozzle man NOT to shout what hes doing?

its really loving subtle, forget i even mentioned it because this has now taken more time to explain than it took to occur

e: oh someone already better explained what i meant, thanks yo

I got you, that bit of the vid is 100% NCO's going "good, you're doing good commands, good yell. I like your yell, that's the volume you need." and then reassuring them they don't have to run themselves hoarse any more.

IME, Half the time with training for stuff like firefighting, trauma casualty, and other similar exercises, you have to REALLY get the kids that haven't seen it in anything but training to do things at more than a library voice. That dude is actually telling them "good job on the reaction, I like the yell." with that tap.

You can also tell afterward the CO is super proud of them. :3:

spookykid fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 8, 2021

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

No no, I don't mean Dustin. I mean the guy who keeps tapping guys to tell them to shut the gently caress up. The guy on camera at the part I time-stamped to. Dustin, the smarter every day host guy is fine, he's cool, he's listening. The CO or whatever first taps a guy to get him to be quiet then kinda keeps telling people to shut the gently caress up in am escalating way. It's super subtle and just something that annoyed me. When the second fire is extinguisher guys come on he kind of acts like they are stupid to be yelling just cuz they are filming - not good OSHA exercise!

The CO is sitting next to Dustin. The dude keeps telling people to shut up because he's trying to explain what's happening as part of HIS job. The crew escalate as well by getting louder and giggling when he shuts them up.

Was it even intended as an actual training drill or a "let's run through this drill specifically for the camera" drill?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

spookykid posted:

I got you, that bit of the vid is 100% NCO's going "good, you're doing good commands, good yell. I like your yell, that's the volume you need." and then reassuring them they don't have to run themselves hoarse any more.

IME, Half the time with training for stuff like firefighting, trauma casualty, and other similar exercises, you have to REALLY get the kids that haven't seen it in anything but training to do things at more than a library voice. That dude is actually telling them "good job on the reaction, I like the yell." with that tap.

You can also tell afterward the CO is super proud of them. :3:

Yeah, it took us a long time as a species to realize that you have to train like it's a "real life" event, or people will act in "real life" like it's a no-consequences training exercise.

The apocryphal story I've heard: New York City cops used to use revolvers (way after everybody else switched to semi automatics) and they'd do reload drills on the firing range because the revolvers only held 5 or 6 shots.* To save time bending over to pick up brass afterwards they'd eject the empties into their hand and pocket them instead of dumping them on the ground. That proved to be a bad habit in real life situations.

E: if you missed it, they run the drill ~3 times a day in full gear with pressurized houses.

I can tell you from experience that it feels really strange to just let a magazine you paid good money for to drop 5 feet onto gravel. There's always a little voice in the back of your head saying "this drop could destroy my $30 piece of plastic."

*: There's something somewhat jokingly referred to as a "New York Reload" where you drop your primary gun and switch to a backup rather than reloading. Some tacticool courses probably still teach it.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 8, 2021

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Platystemon posted:

If it has a swastika on, defaced or otherwise, it might be suspect.

Get rid of it. It's running Windows 95...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MisterOblivious posted:

Yeah, it took us a long time as a species to realize that you have to train like it's a "real life" event, or people will act in "real life" like it's a no-consequences training exercise.

It's amazing how many people sound like the lady from Police Academy when you start doing any kinds of drills. Just absolutely meek and quiet, and it has to be drilled in that when it really happens poo poo is going to be loud and chaotic, and you need to project over and through that.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

PainterofCrap posted:

Guess I should remove the bottle of acetylene that's been sitting in my garage since I scored it at a yard sale eight years ago.

Wonder if the gas place down the street will take it?

It should probably be exchanged and tested. Probably good for another 30 years of service or more. Testing just gets more stringent as time goes on but still, old bottles keep getting certified.

Sometimes we goons forget we're old now. That a 50 year old bottle really isn't as old as you feel it is. A 50 year old bottle was made in 1962. Some guys get bottles from the 1930's.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

MisterOblivious posted:

Sometimes we goons forget we're old now. That a 50 year old bottle really isn't as old as you feel it is. A 50 year old bottle was made in 1962. Some guys get bottles from the 1930's.
I got even worse news for you, 50 years ago was 1971.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I got even worse news for you, 50 years ago was 1971.

nooooo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
2021 looks a lot like 2012 when your eyes just ain't what they used to be.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aww it was thirsty

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
He's just mid grind, I'm sure he'll pull out of that.

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man
My brain went into Geoguessr mode for some reason and now all I can think about is finding this place on a map in Eastern Europe or something.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Optimus Dive

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Bosphorus Prime

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Trucksuckling

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Scholtz posted:

Trucksuckling

:vince:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/YlG5aC6.mp4#t=0.01

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:stare:

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

When I drink and drive it's cab down trailer up.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's some Final Destination poo poo.