Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Edge & Christian posted:

Okay let's play out the Million Dollar Lineal if we assume that house shows matches count but it's only defended in singles matches and can't change hands on a DQ/countout. This went some places.

2/16/1989: Ted Dibiase introduces the belt, defeats the Blue Blazer
2/17/1989: Ultimate Warrior pins Ted Dibiase at a house show
4/2/1989: Rick Rude pins Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania V
8/7/1989: Brutus Beefcake pins Rick Rude at a house show
8/20/1989: Rick Rude (2) pins Brutus Beefcake at a house show
8/28/1989: Ultimate Warrior (2) pins Rick Rude at Summerslam
1/19/1991: Sgt. Slaughter pins Ultimate Warrior at Royal Rumble
3/17/1991: Ultimate Warrior (3) beats Sgt. Slaughter in a cage match in Miami
10/25/1998: Hulk Hogan pins The Warrior at Halloween Havoc
3/14/1999: Ric Flair defeats Hulk Hogan in a First Blood Cage Match at Uncensored 1999
4/12/1999: Sting pins Ric Flair on Nitro
6/13/1999: Rick Steiner defeats Sting in a Falls Count Anywhere match at the Great American Bash 1999 after Sting is attacked by a pack of dogs
7/6/1999: Buff Bagwell pins Rick Steiner at a house show
9/13/1999: Berlyn pins Buff Bagwell on Nitro
10/24/1999: Brad Armstrong pins Berlyn at Halloween Havoc
12/20/1999: Madusa pins Brad Armstrong on Nitro
1/16/2000: Oklahoma pins Madusa at Souled Out 2000
8/7/2002: Bo Dupp pins Oklahoma/Ed Ferrera on an early TNA PPV
8/14/2002: Teo, The World's Smallest Extreme Athlete pins Bo Dupp on a TNA PPV

I cannot find any record of Teo dropping a match since that day, and therefore he is hypothetically the original lineal Million Dollar Champion.

So if I get access to a ring and pay Teo like fifty bucks or so to job I can become the lineal Million Dollar Champion???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

It's also interesting to note that in certain corners of the company, there's been some talk that Aleister Black was cut prematurely and a push that the company should bring him back in. Whether anything comes of this or not remains to be seen, but as the shock of the releases last week wears off, there's been a feeling that of everyone Black was "cut too soon" and was more the victim of broken promises and start/stop creative more than of anything that he did of his own accord. During his appearance on Renee Young's podcast, Tommy End, the former Black, stated that at one point, there was a pitch for him to be involved in the Boneyard Match to assist The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 36, which certainly would have helped position him stronger. End was announced for his first post-WWE appearance on 11/14 at the Big Event in NYC yesterday.

lol if Aleister goes back immediately

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please sir can I have some more

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aleister Back!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
speaking of people toyed with by wwe so hard they actually get fired and rehired, what's drake maverick doing these days

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i dunno, last i heard he got ethered by WALTER

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

1glitch0 posted:

So if I get access to a ring and pay Teo like fifty bucks or so to job I can become the lineal Million Dollar Champion???
Possibly, but lineal championships are tricky. If the executive committee rules that the Million Dollar championship cannot change hands due to a dog-attack related ref stoppage, Sting retains the belt against Rick Steiner.

8/14/1999: Sid Vicious pins Sting at Road Wild 1999
8/16/1999: Hulk Hogan pins Sid Vicious on Nitro
9/12/1999: Sting (2) pins Hulk Hogan at Fall Brawl 1999
10/24/1999: Goldberg pins Sting at Halloween Havoc 1999
10/25/1999: Bret Hart pins Goldberg on Nitro

Bret Hart does not have a singles loss after that match, and Bret Hart's appearance fee is probably considerably higher than Teo's.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sometimes i feel like weird lineal championships would be worth having a dedicated thread for tracking but i also kind of feel like you'd run out of the funny ones fairly quickly

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

flatluigi posted:

sometimes i feel like weird lineal championships would be worth having a dedicated thread for tracking but i also kind of feel like you'd run out of the funny ones fairly quickly

:justpost:, if the joke runs out the joke runs out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"was more the victim of broken promises and start/stop creative more than of anything that he did of his own accord" is different from virtually every single other WWE release in the last 15 years, how?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My favorite thing about the lineal championship concept is how someone was interviewing Wade Barrett and brought up that he was the current lineal champion and he gave this knowing laugh like he absolutely was aware of that already.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

lol if Aleister goes back immediately

Satan is testing me. I will not waver.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting Braun wants at least 5 figures to appear in other promotions. He's pulling a Ryback. Which is oddly fitting since he's just as dumb as him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

"was more the victim of broken promises and start/stop creative more than of anything that he did of his own accord" is different from virtually every single other WWE release in the last 15 years, how?

They know they can reign this one back in at a lower price.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting Braun wants at least 5 figures to appear in other promotions. He's pulling a Ryback. Which is oddly fitting since he's just as dumb as him.

So how long until Braun is reviewing Burger King menu items in a truck and getting mad at the results of his own twitter polls?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Drakkel posted:

So how long until Braun is reviewing Burger King menu items in a truck and getting mad at the results of his own twitter polls?

I'm a little shocked he hasn't been doing that this whole time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

speaking of people toyed with by wwe so hard they actually get fired and rehired, what's drake maverick doing these days

he's doing an unfunny comedy tag with killian dain and theyre about to feud with hit row iirc

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

aleister going so pro-Vince after his firing that he gets hired back would be hilarious, so i'll spend all of my karmic energy rooting for that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

"he can kick"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think it was sometime last year when we figured out the lineal Mayor of Knox County is one of the Singh brothers. We should follow up on that.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

aleister going so pro-Vince after his firing that he gets hired back would be hilarious, so i'll spend all of my karmic energy rooting for that

They'll rehire him and sit him back in the closet for 18 straight months while they "figure out how to re-re-re-debut him"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Braun can get away with high pricing himself in a way Ryback couldn't because the landscape is different and he's more talented than Ryback and probably has more outside options.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Drakkel posted:

They'll rehire him and sit him back in the closet for 18 straight months while they "figure out how to re-re-re-debut him"

he's going to come up with such badass color-coded vignettes for his dream journal in that time, tho

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:justpost:, if the joke runs out the joke runs out.

i don't have the knowledgebase to do it myself and i feel the thread should at least be made by someone who can supply the content themselves

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

I think Braun can get away with high pricing himself in a way Ryback couldn't because the landscape is different and he's more talented than Ryback and probably has more outside options.

I mean, I think Braun asking that much kinda makes sense. He was very highly paid, fought a McMahon at Mania this year and was Universal champion in the last 12 months. He’s also a guy who didn’t get into the business for a love of wrestling, he was just a massive sized dude in the right place at the right time.

If I was in his position I’d probably ask for the same. If he was smart enough to save his money he can probably retire and coast until he eventually gets asked back for a nostalgia pop at a Rumble in a couple years.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dacap posted:

fought a McMahon at Mania this year

lmao

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I know, I know. But it does say something about your stature in the company to be put in that position

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Braun's last two Wrestlemanias were beating Goldberg and Shane McMahon
Ryback's last two Wrestlemanias were losing the ARBAR on the pre-show and then losing to Kalisto on the pre-show.

There's very little laudable about any of those four matches, but in terms of how the company is positioning them/how hypothetically fans that would be drawn to an indie show to see a Big WWE Man, there's still a difference.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
He was fired, I'd say he had no stature and Shane just wanted the sweet release of death

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He was lmaoing because you consider Shane a McMahon. Not even Vince considers Shane a McMahon.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MJeff posted:

He was lmaoing because you consider Shane a McMahon. Not even Vince considers Shane a McMahon.

brb writing a isildur's heir storyline for shane's son that laughed at him getting hosed up at wm32

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
What happened to Big E on Smackdown last week if Black was fired? Did he just pretend he didn't get laid out the week before?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

What happened to Big E on Smackdown last week if Black was fired? Did he just pretend he didn't get laid out the week before?

I believe he was just not on the show last week. Knowing WWE he'll probably sit in catering for a while until they inevitably just re-insert him into the Apollo feud because every feud in this company has to run at least 13 months and 600 rematches before either person can move on.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

I can't wait for Braun to start doing weight loss supplement ads where he tackles fat women into pools.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Braun should model for one of those kid’s games where you draw hair and a beard on the bald guy with iron shavings and a magnetic pencil.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gumball Gumption posted:

Coming soon for 6 bucks on Cameo!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

Even before Black was released, he didn't show up on the next smackdown after he attacked Big E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1402695639897681920?s=20

They’re both working regular jobs now apparently