Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WWE has to cut Braun to get the budget to sign Bram to a multi year contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BrigadierSensible posted:

Normally what you say is true, and there are a thousand examples of WWE loving with real-life couples.

But I would offer as a counter example that they recently hired John Morrisson's wife Frankie Monet, even though they have less than no idea what to do with her. Another, (slightly less relevant due to circumstances), counter example is Seth and Becky. They even sold T-Shirts acknowledging them being a couple in real life, (The Man's Man).

However I fully acknowledge that the majority of WWE's m.o. is loving with, and trying to break up real life couples.

seth and becky is one of those examples where the couple is high profile enough that they _can't_ really gently caress with them (i would still bet that they're going to be on separate shows when she returns)

taya valkyrie is an odd example because they ALSO barely know what to do with john morisson but i feel like the fact that she's a pretty blonde lady makes wwe default to their other tendencies

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Taya probably got signed because she was willing to take a pay cut to wrestle in WWE.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

DarkstarIV posted:

If I recall, the reason being reported for his release was he was being massively overpaid. I think it was $1m a year at the very minimum.

how could wwe ever afford a million dollars a year

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/poisonouspixies/status/1404261853094584322

DarkstarIV posted:

If I recall, the reason being reported for his release was he was being massively overpaid. I think it was $1m a year at the very minimum.

All WWE talents should probably be paid at least twice as much, if not triple, more, more. They should also get a reasonable allowance on things like travel and such. Imagine thinking a main event talent making a mere $1M was over paying.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 14, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
clearly if they were worth getting paid serious money they'd be employees and not independent contractors

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There’s no such thing as “overpaid” when you negotiate a contract, it’s not like they didn’t see the number right there on paper

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
professional wrestling almost never cuts away from impacts, so when it does, it looks incredibly incredibly fake. find another way to do that spot, either use a table or edit in a brief landing or something. dont throw a guy off screen and then focus on the thrower for 15 seconds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

dont throw a guy off screen and then focus on the thrower for 15 seconds.

cut to the cardboard floor instead

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it looked better, yea

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given that we have seen Alexa Bliss do that weird thing with her elbow where it looks like she has broken/dislocated it, (I remember it being a storyline where she would do it to herself and get her opponent disqualified).

Has she done that as "spooky Alexa"? Coz I reckon it looks creepy and gross. Which would surely be an addittion to the creepy gross woman-child character.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Given that we have seen Alexa Bliss do that weird thing with her elbow where it looks like she has broken/dislocated it, (I remember it being a storyline where she would do it to herself and get her opponent disqualified).

Wait, why would dislocating someone's elbow be a disqualification? If that happens it's on you because you didn't tap?

loving hell, why am I trying to act like there's any sense or logic to this company?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don’t remember it being cause for DQ, more like a trick to bamboozle the ref and opponent. Could be wrong too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a cyborg mug posted:

I don’t remember it being cause for DQ, more like a trick to bamboozle the ref and opponent. Could be wrong too
You’re right

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Normally what you say is true, and there are a thousand examples of WWE loving with real-life couples.

But I would offer as a counter example that they recently hired John Morrisson's wife Frankie Monet, even though they have less than no idea what to do with her. Another, (slightly less relevant due to circumstances), counter example is Seth and Becky. They even sold T-Shirts acknowledging them being a couple in real life, (The Man's Man).

However I fully acknowledge that the majority of WWE's m.o. is loving with, and trying to break up real life couples.

They hired Taya Valkyrie (I'm not calling her Franky Monet, gently caress that) but put her on NXT and are making her go through the Performance Center despite her being one of the most veteran women they have.

That absolutely seems like loving with her to me lol.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Vince hates couples because they’re a kind of union

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has she done that as "spooky Alexa"? Coz I reckon it looks creepy and gross. Which would surely be an addittion to the creepy gross woman-child character.

I don't think she's wrestled as spooky alexa yet for the elbow thing to come into play.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They’re going to have Regal announce Friday Night Evolve featuring Daniel Bryan and Roddy Strong, aren’t they?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I don't think she's wrestled as spooky alexa yet for the elbow thing to come into play.

She had a quick Rumble appearance but no matches otherwise

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They’re going to have Regal announce Friday Night Evolve featuring Daniel Bryan and Roddy Strong, aren’t they?

I feel like that'd be more like something they'd have Joe or whomever the new GM is announce. It doesn't really fit with the "Regal has lost control" storyline they seem to be pushing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dacap posted:

Vince hates couples because they’re a kind of union

Exactly what I was thinking. Vince and by extension WWE management thinks people who are friends are idiots and tries to help its employees understand this by keeping them as separate as possible.

I'm reminded of WWF in the 90s and 00s and how there were so many talking heads about how competitive the backstage area was and if you messed up someone would swoop in to take it from you. Compare this mentality to AEW where people constantly talk about how it feels like a family and all the interviews where people talk about (with surprise in many ex wwe wrestlers case) how everyone is trying to get everyone else over.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince Fears Dating

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dacap posted:

what, none of us remember getting a win over Randy Orton?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Seems weird to fire Joe just to rehire him into NXT but maybe it’s a contract/revenue/financials thing

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wazzu posted:

https://twitter.com/poisonouspixies/status/1404261853094584322

All WWE talents should probably be paid at least twice as much, if not triple, more, more. They should also get a reasonable allowance on things like travel and such. Imagine thinking a main event talent making a mere $1M was over paying.

For reference, WWE’s current US TV deals are worth about 450 million a year. The US TV rights deal for the NHL that’s ending this season is worth about 300 million, the NHL league minimum salary is $700k. No WWE wrestlers are overpaid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dacap posted:

She had those 2 really bad matches with Asuka

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
she also did that one match with nikki cross which ended with a sister abigail

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spooky alexa beat randy orton

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1404448321968775172?s=21

PWinsider posted:

Full article:
Former WWE NXT, Ring of Honor and TNA Champion Samoa Joe is back with World Wrestling Entertainment after being released this past April by the company.  Joe will be working exclusively for the WWE NXT brand.  
PWInsider.com is told that Triple H "snatched him back" as soon as possible.    One source told PWInsider.com that the second a decision by others to "let Joe back on the board", Triple H was not happy and wanted him back in NXT as opposed to being elsewhere outside of WWE's auspices.   Triple H was the point person responsible who initially brought Joe to WWE in 2015 for NXT and at one point, had even given him a pretty unique deal where he was able to continue working independent dates, although that later evolved into a more traditional deal.  
Joe has been seen at the WWE Performance Center at least once in recent weeks.   He was not backstage at last night's Takeover.
Joe last wrestled in February 2020 after being pulled from the ring due to concussion issues.   Joe was not taking bumps when recently seen at the PC.
The belief is that while he could wrestle at some point, that is not the goal here and Joe will instead focus more on non-wrestling duties.  With the tease that there needs to be a "change" declared by William Regal, it may be that Joe ends up in the General Manager role or in the role of that as an enforcer for Regal. 
So, stay tuned but if you were hoping to see Samoa Joe land elsewhere, that's not happening.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 14, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

They are dating supposedly, and he made tweets going after a fan for saying his pecs are bigger than hers which...is lovely. Guy made a bad tweet and deleted it afterwards but Braun wasn't having any of it apparently.

https://twitter.com/BraunStrowman/status/1404256848073695244

CHUDs finding each other and dating, it's like poetry it rhymes.

If true, good for Joe I think?? He's got insane charisma, and was being wasted on the announce team once his personality was diminished. But then again, gently caress WWE I'd rather see Joe go to NJPW or AEW and be the mega star he should have been in WWE.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 14, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
drat Bran said dude had a baby dick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

drat Bran said dude had a baby dick
He also says his partner has a dick. Which is a pretty lovely way to out your trans partner.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jiro posted:

If true, good for Joe I think?? He's got insane charisma, and was being wasted on the announce team once his personality was diminished. But then again, gently caress WWE I'd rather see Joe go to NJPW or AEW and be the mega star he should have been in WWE.

Joe is 42 now and his body has taken decades of abuse. I'm not he could reach mega star levels at this point but who knows. He knows his body and how much it take better than any of us and if he's going back to NXT for what is (initially) a non-wrestling role, then I think that says a lot about where he is physically at this point.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Akileese posted:

Joe is 42 now and his body has taken decades of abuse. I'm not he could reach mega star levels at this point but who knows. He knows his body and how much it take better than any of us and if he's going back to NXT for what is (initially) a non-wrestling role, then I think that says a lot about where he is physically at this point.

Just a fatal five way between Joe, Tanahasi, Okada, Naito, and Ibushi. Is that too much to ask? :negative:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

He also says his partner has a dick. Which is a pretty lovely way to out your trans partner.

To be fair I get the impression that he didn't mean it literally.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Endless Mike posted:

I doubt Raquel's trans, WWE has a policy of not hiring trans wrestlers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joe if you took a paycut, paint a dick on your face again.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If WWE is seriously firing people just to rehire them for NXT, then congrats to them for finding a new, shittier way to handle contract negotiations.

Can't wait for the photo of HHH shaking hands with Joe!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A Fancy Hat posted:

If WWE is seriously firing people just to rehire them for NXT, then congrats to them for finding a new, shittier way to handle contract negotiations.

Can't wait for the photo of HHH shaking hands with Joe!

Hiring them for less than what they were originally making as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He has to point at him too.