Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh dude poor otis thats a terrible look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He never said that

He said that you son of a bitch

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The Grey posted:

I just watched the Flair episode of the WWE Treasures show and holy cow WWE is evil...

Little Natch: I am so proud of this robe! I am going to be buried in it.
WWE: Yeah, about that... we want you to give it to us.

The whole show is so fuckin scummy. A corporation basically going around to superfans and retired legends and being like "Yeah this is priceless history to you but we'll give you like 500 bucks for it." Like could they not just do a show highlighting the history of said items without having to turn it into Wrestling Pawn Stars?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They also act as if Ric Flair has only ever had one robe in his entire career, why would they specifically need the one Lil Naitch had other than to be spiteful?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

They also act as if Ric Flair has only ever had one robe in his entire career, why would they specifically need the one Lil Naitch had other than to be spiteful?

To be spiteful

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakkel posted:

The whole show is so fuckin scummy. A corporation basically going around to superfans and retired legends and being like "Yeah this is priceless history to you but we'll give you like 500 bucks for it." Like could they not just do a show highlighting the history of said items without having to turn it into Wrestling Pawn Stars?

There also must be, like, warehouses full of poo poo they kept, from costumes to props and whatnot. You cannot tell me that everything that ever showed up on TV was taken home by the wrestlers or thrown in the garbage.

So yeah, this is absolutely a show about ripping people off and showcasing their nostalgia while exploiting their needs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And it’s just to fill another warehouse, it’s not like they have a place where you can see any of this poo poo.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

They said other than to be spiteful!!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

They said other than to be spiteful!!

They never said that

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

There also must be, like, warehouses full of poo poo they kept, from costumes to props and whatnot. You cannot tell me that everything that ever showed up on TV was taken home by the wrestlers or thrown in the garbage.

So yeah, this is absolutely a show about ripping people off and showcasing their nostalgia while exploiting their needs.

I think the worst part is how they ripoff generous people like Little Natch or the Detroit collector, but then pony up when people put up resistance. Come on man... you are a billion dollar company. Don't treat your best fans like that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

not to ruin the illusion of a reality tv show, let alone a wwe one, but the "lost" items were never actually lost and they reached out to super fans and collectors to act like they had it. I believe they reached out to Johnblud from New Legacy Inc to act like he had something in his possession

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

not to ruin the illusion of a reality tv show, let alone a wwe one, but the "lost" items were never actually lost and they reached out to super fans and collectors to act like they had it. I believe they reached out to Johnblud from New Legacy Inc to act like he had something in his possession

I suppose that's better because then they're not actually haggling with people like they're down to their last ten bucks at a garage sale, but at that point why not just make it a show about exploring the warehouse like they used to do on YouTube? The Archivist or whatever? Just keep the same concept without the bullshit buying/selling stuff.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://itrwrestling.com/news/former-wwe-stars-pitched-wrestling-as-huskus-the-pig-ramblin-rabbit/

Wesley Blake talking about his failed pitches to WWE including:

- Him and Cutler wrestling as Bray’s puppets come to life

- Him, Cutler and Chelsea Green as a Dukes of Hazzard gimmick

- Him and Cutler getting “cleaned up” into gentlemen with Lacey Evans

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I suppose that's better because then they're not actually haggling with people like they're down to their last ten bucks at a garage sale, but at that point why not just make it a show about exploring the warehouse like they used to do on YouTube? The Archivist or whatever? Just keep the same concept without the bullshit buying/selling stuff.

all the warehouse/storage/pawn/auction shows are faked in this format.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

KungFu Grip posted:

I believe they reached out to Johnblud from New Legacy Inc to act like he had something in his possession

Is that for true?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Dacap posted:

https://itrwrestling.com/news/former-wwe-stars-pitched-wrestling-as-huskus-the-pig-ramblin-rabbit/

Wesley Blake talking about his failed pitches to WWE including:

No

quote:

- Him, Cutler and Chelsea Green as a Dukes of Hazzard gimmick

Meh. Not terrible but kind of outdated

quote:

- Him and Cutler getting “cleaned up” into gentlemen with Lacey Evans

This is fine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The last one Regal did with Bobby Eaton and it ruled

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Dacap posted:

lol they absolutely should have tried this out

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
according to Big Dave, Mercedes went to the hospital with a concussion after that kick earlier this week but she's now been released and is "okay" according to WWE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

according to Big Dave, Mercedes went to the hospital with a concussion after that kick earlier this week but she's now been released and is "okay" according to WWE

Nick Khan has gone mad with power :ohdear:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1410640394598158337

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If they absolutely have to keep doing fiend magic then mind controlled wrestler servants isn't really a terrible idea. Being Bray's puppets is like a less good version of that I guess.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just get this impression that almost everyone Triple H tried to build is going to be gone this time next year and the WWE will rely on stars that can make money outside of wrestling via reality shows or people Vince is randomly enamored with.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

honestly good!! i know some of those guys really want to be in wwe, but simply as a fan hunter's big zoo of indie darlings languishing in florida forever makes the indie scene a lot worse

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just discovered a handy mnemonic device to remember how to spell Jaxson Ryker's fist name: jAXSon wouldn't be welcome on AXS TV.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

What is this new era exactly?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

The Culling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Jay White is coming to WWE after all.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Khan vs. Khan era

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Khan vs. Khan era

Begun the Khan War has.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They meant the new error not era sorry for the confusion.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

1glitch0 posted:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

1glitch0 posted:

Begun the Khan War has.

The only thing that can stop a Tony Khan with a wrestling company, is a Nick Khan with a wrestling company.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NXTUK/status/1410684353059885059?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why rename her nobody even watches NXT UK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Two last names no first names congrats Jamie

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Rarity posted:

That’s Bea.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

You’ll never recover from this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

#ChipPippington has arrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
#MayChesterfield