Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like Anzacs both soft and crunchy, both kinds are god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Aware posted:

Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1 cup white sugar (half cup white and half cup brown will give a good snap if that is desired)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
125 g butter (melted)
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon boiling water

Method

Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celcius and line trays with baking paper.
In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients - rolled oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
Into a saucepan, place the butter, golden syrup, bicarb soda and water. Stir and heat to boiling point.
Add the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Roll tablespoon sized balls (32g if you want to be specific) in your hands and place on lined baking trays.
Cook for 15-20 minutes until light golden. Allow to cool on tray.

I once made pot anzac bizzies ( :australia: ) and turns out weed butter is topically active and an hour later after making them I was unknowingly blasting off in the middle of the city

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EoinCannon posted:

I like Anzacs both soft and crunchy, both kinds are god

For a second I didn't realize you meant the biscuits, not the actual ANZACs.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

This was a pretty good game.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Jestery posted:

I once made pot anzac bizzies ( :australia: ) and turns out weed butter is topically active and an hour later after making them I was unknowingly blasting off in the middle of the city

Straya oval office

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

d0s posted:

do these things have anything to do with austrialia, are your granola bars round or something:

what the hell is this

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
ANZAC BIKKIES?

HOW TF DID WE MISS THOSE?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why are Audi drivers so awful?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

ANZAC BIKKIES?

HOW TF DID WE MISS THOSE?

anzac biscuits are oats butter and golden syrup. no idea wtf these are

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Slugnoid posted:

anzac biscuits are oats butter and golden syrup. no idea wtf these are

Based on ingredients, a constipation aid.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

d0s posted:

do these things have anything to do with austrialia, are your granola bars round or something:

i oval office believe youve done this

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

For a second I didn't realize you meant the biscuits, not the actual ANZACs.

That post will be used against me in the next Australia Day Purge

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Phwoar I'd have a red hot go at these ay.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I went to hogs breath once and I ended up with the wrong plate of food. Rather than let me keep it they took it from me and gave it to the person who actually ordered it. I then had to wait 20 minutes for them to bring me my meal while everyone else at the table had their food.

The guy pretending to use crutches in the movie There's Something About Mary has a Hog's Breath t-shirt on in (I think) his last scene.

Also, I've eaten there a couple of times and don't really remember much about the food.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

huh posted:

Also, I've eaten there a couple of times and don't really remember much about the food.

Food is very average and overpriced.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hogs Breath is Outback Steakhouse for Australia.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

We have Outback Steakhouse as well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lolie posted:

We have Outback Steakhouse as well.

lmao we do? Imagine going there instead of the pub that does a $7 steak with any beer purchase.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Hog's breath curly fries are great, but literally the only thing worth eating there.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Inceltown posted:

lmao we do? Imagine going there instead of the pub that does a $7 steak with any beer purchase.

you're either from 1984 or present day Tasmania or something but I dont think you're getting a $7 steak with a $7 beer anywhere in modern australia.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
7 dollars is about a schooners worth in most non fancy places still. No chance of a steak for that tho. Maybe 12 on Tuesday night if you're lucky.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Kiss goodbye to opening back up this weekend, Sydney ....

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1411852699864240128

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Inceltown posted:

Hogs Breath is way worse than Outback Steakhouse.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

~Coxy posted:

Hogs Breath is way worse than Outback Steakhouse.

I'm still sooking about the demise of Sizzler.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breetai posted:

Hog's breath curly fries are great, but literally the only thing worth eating there.

There are much better places that do curly fries and decent food in general, op.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

I'm still sooking about the demise of Sizzler.

All those classic restaurants, now gone forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNLDaZygI3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYpLagx6Ik

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hogs Breath Curly CHIPS

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is not the Hogspitality i've come to expect.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Their weird steaks are pumped full of gelatin or something. Hogsbreath I mean, Outback steak house must inject theirs with $50 bills if their uber eats pricing is anything to go by.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The closure of Hog's Breath Cafe last month was met with dismay and confusion from the Mandurah community, with many voicing their disappointment.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There are much better places that do curly fries and decent food in general, op.

Oh no doubt - although I don't know of any good places in Adelaide that do curly fries. But why go to a place like that when you could go for some Uyghur and eat your body weight in delicious meats.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
You can buy frozen curly fries.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Found the pierced skull of a dead stuffed elephant while out and about the other day

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A couple of my friends loved the place so much they'd affectionately call it "Hoggies". Gah I couldn't understand any of that.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The reason outback steakhouse is better than Pigs bref is because they have a dessert named after poo poo, and it looks like a big poo poo, and it tastes amazing

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

This motherfucker stole my sunnies while I slept on a flight from Canberra to Brisbane

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Speaking out outback steakhouse. I went to the one in Niagara Falls Canada one time, I had some AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN Calamari.
I'm not sure what made them so authentically Australian, but they probably had the words "mate" and "Crikey" somewhere in the description on the menu.
I think my brothers got some AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN Buffalo wings. Very authentic as well, despite the fact that they were invented just across the river in Buffalo NY.

Does anyone have a link to the goon, who I think was Australian but living in USA who went to an Outback Steakhouse and took pictures of the menu/made fun of all the AUTHENTIC AUSTRALIAN CUISINE that wasn't on the menu?

I think it was probably about 2007 or so, as I think I remember it from when I joined here the first time around.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’m enjoying this thread just want to say everything I know from Australia as a Canadian comes from watching old episodes of Bondi Rescue on Netflix and what I saw from crocodile hunter when I was younger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Do it ironically posted:

I’m enjoying this thread just want to say everything I know from Australia as a Canadian comes from watching old episodes of Bondi Rescue on Netflix and what I saw from crocodile hunter when I was younger

Most of my Canadian knowledge as a child came from watching The Beachcombers.

And Degrassi.