Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dareon posted:

How dare you

Dareon posted:

Mayo & jam is pretty good, actually. Good mix of sweet and tangy.

Peanut butter and ketchup, now, that's vomit-inducing.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Biplane posted:

When I worked at disney world, we had a thanksgiving dinner thing for cast members, and one of our coordinators brought two dishes, one dinner dish and a dessert dish. Dinner was a bowl of mayonnaise with bacon bits and ham stirred in. The dessert was a bowl of miracle whip with snickers bars stirred in. :catstare:

Siri, instructions for stopping an endless full body shudder

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Biplane posted:

When I worked at disney world, we had a thanksgiving dinner thing for cast members, and one of our coordinators brought two dishes, one dinner dish and a dessert dish. Dinner was a bowl of mayonnaise with bacon bits and ham stirred in. The dessert was a bowl of miracle whip with snickers bars stirred in. :catstare:

What the loving Christ.

I love this derail, but, to keep it on topic:

Find the best food based quotes from the forums (not the “anything to get the taste out of their mouth” one, we all know that) you can. The one I completely subjectively judge to be the best gets a 10bux SA cert on me.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Biplane posted:

Mayo with meat is just German fleshsalad

And yes it sucks loving rear end so naturally Germans love it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Biplane posted:

Simply Sara was your coordinator? :catstare:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Son of Rodney posted:

I get the impression that German food is either really good or really awful with little middle ground.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the impression that German food is either really good or really awful with little middle ground.

I went from despising sauerbraten to loving it so this kind of checks out.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

every european country has amazing food based off of hundreds of years of culinary refinement and tradition and also nightmare food born out of desperation during apocalyptic wars, plagues and famines. the differences between them are obvious to outsiders but to, for example, a briton there is absolutely no difference between a lovingly crafted steak pie and a piece of crusty bread smeared with the technically edible sludge you can scrape off of the bottom of a brewer's vat

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

cock hero flux posted:

a piece of crusty bread smeared with the technically edible sludge you can scrape off of the bottom of a brewer's vat

At one point this was literally advertised as "Try our product, there's a 50/50 chance you'll despise it and all our works!"

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I always giggle a little when the US 'Mayo Clinic' is mentioned somewhere. Yes, I realise it's probably named after some guy with Spanish ancestry, but I always picture a hospital full of morbidly obese mouthbreathers hooked up to an IV drip with mayonnaise.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Performative Mayo Hate is a pretty good username, not gonna lie :sushiyes:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I always giggle a little when the US 'Mayo Clinic' is mentioned somewhere. Yes, I realise it's probably named after some guy with Spanish ancestry, but I always picture a hospital full of morbidly obese mouthbreathers hooked up to an IV drip with mayonnaise.

So a Chik-fil-a, then.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

null_pointer posted:

Performative Mayo Hate is a pretty good username, not gonna lie :sushiyes:

I’ll buy a name change cert for the first person that wants that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the loving Christ.

I love this derail, but, to keep it on topic:

Find the best food based quotes from the forums (not the “anything to get the taste out of their mouth” one, we all know that) you can. The one I completely subjectively judge to be the best gets a 10bux SA cert on me.

I posted it earlier, it's the one about dog berries

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

flavor.flv posted:

I posted it earlier, it's the one about dog berries

Can we please stop talking about it?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dehumanize yourself and face to delicious, nutritious bloodshed

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Atticus_1354 posted:

Can we please stop talking about it?

No.

That level of disgust is the most classic SA thing I’ve found in a while.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It really does have that old era gbs vibe, huh

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

At one point this was literally advertised as "Try our product, there's a 50/50 chance you'll despise it and all our works!"

i vividly remember watching my father, who was born in britain but emigrated as a child, eating marmite for the first time in over 40 years and seeing the five stages of grief pass over his face in about 10 seconds as he realized that it tastes bad

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dog berries vs butt Legos.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Is that like the video with the dude and the glass jar or

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pope Hilarius II posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayo_Clinic

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

1) What do you want on your tombstone?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but that might be funniest movie of all time.i miss those goofy visual gags, and they had about a million of them.like sensible chuckles rewards for people paying attention.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but that might be funniest movie of all time.i miss those goofy visual gags, and they had about a million of them.like sensible chuckles rewards for people paying attention.

I just saw it recently in a theater. Its good but some parts of it have aged...less good than others.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Captainsalami posted:

I just saw it recently in a theater. Its good but some parts of it have aged...less good than others.

It has some parts that are problematic now. They're still funny, you just feel bad laughing at them.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

endocriminologist posted:

Norwegians have a special cheese they love that tastes really sweet and I do not enjoy it so much, however

Gjetost! The only cheese to make me feel viscerally uncomfortable when I tried eating it. Can't recommend it either.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
If you think Marmite is a grim reflection of British wartime cuisine then I invite you all to try Camp Coffee. Not only does it taste like poo poo but the caffeine content is neglible as it's 4% coffee extract padded out with lots of sugar and chicory.

My grandad served in Europe and claimed Camp got his platoon through to VE Day. Every morning they'd wake up to make a round of Camp and say "loving hell lads, let's wrap this one up quick so we can stop drinking this poo poo."

Bonus racism on the label too. Happily on the latest iteration we've finally progressed to allowing the char boy to sit down for a friendly brew.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

darkwasthenight posted:

If you think Marmite is a grim reflection of British wartime cuisine then I invite you all to try Camp Coffee. Not only does it taste like poo poo but the caffeine content is neglible as it's 4% coffee extract padded out with lots of sugar and chicory.

My grandad served in Europe and claimed Camp got his platoon through to VE Day. Every morning they'd wake up to make a round of Camp and say "loving hell lads, let's wrap this one up quick so we can stop drinking this poo poo."

Bonus racism on the label too. Happily on the latest iteration we've finally progressed to allowing the char boy to sit down for a friendly brew.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): I'm existing just for listing!!! > Funny Forum Quotes: 't is delicious.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kitfox88 posted:

Is that like the video with the dude and the glass jar or

It was from an old thread that was also about weird kids goons met, and someone recounted hanging out with the weird mormon kids and they were playing with Legos and one of the weird kids said "those are butt legos". Unfortunately I can't find the original post.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

darkwasthenight posted:

"use one teaspoonful of the Essence."

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

weg posted:

What's wrong with this pic? It's just Accord of wood.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Rodney posted:

not the wurst salad

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ll buy a name change cert for the first person that wants that.

Me, I would like to have my name changed to that.

Mayonnaise sucks

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Suds McBoo posted:

Mayonnaise sucks

An unconvincing performance

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah that guy doesn’t deserve it. Swearengen though, now there’s a guy who’ll be mad for hours that sauces exist.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Smythe posted:

I'm a politician. Senator in fact, you may have heard of me.

fool of sound posted:

Senator Joe Manchild?!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sentient Data posted:

On this week's episode of the simpsons predicted it... memes. Did you know that the simpsons predicted the steamed hams meme nearly 30 years before it rose to infamy? What's even better is that this isn't one of those wishy-washy near-fits... The show predicted the meme nearly word for word. Don't believe me? Then listen to this clip - this clip, which was recorded about three decades ago