Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The best story about the ruling class all hanging out was Nixon going to Skull and Bones and hating it because it was "fruity"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

if you meant bohemian grove you cant use quotes there because thats not a quote

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

go_banana posted:

I've forgotten, why did Victoria, Queensland and WA (hmm what do all these states have in common) propose to reduce the number of arrivals?

The real mask-slip moment was the feds' insistence that Queensland's proposed quarantine facility would be an "addition to, not a replacement of" existing hotel quarantine. Can't have anything threatening the hotel industry's ongoing financial bailout.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
VIC is going to be back in lockdown by Monday.

I hope those who chose not to bother getting their JAB are reconsidering it.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
i asked my gp about getting vaccinated yesterday. they said they can't put me up for pfizer because i'm 30 and my immune clotting disorder is not on the official contraindications list, but in my doctor's opinion it should be on the list, and, just between us, i was under no circumstances to get astrazeneca. i asked the scary tv ad what i should do, but it offered me no answers, only the warning that soon i will suffocate and it will be my fault

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Comstar posted:

If they don’t announce lockdown tomorrow afternoon they are loving up on a Gladystan scale

quote:

I’ll continue to take my medical advice from actual doctors rather than the ComStar and Morrison clownshow

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

a. The quarantine failures are the Federal govt fault for not taking resonsibility for something that is in fact their responsibility. There has been more than enough time for a dedicated facility that could have expanded traveller caps.

b. The fact sports / business people and celebrities are allowed to come in and out while tens of thousands of ordinary Australians have to sit by and just take it isnt the fault of the states.

c. The vaccination rollout and messaging has been a disaster from rear end in a top hat to breakfast, almost all of that due to the federal sphere leaving a population almost uniquely in the world vunerable to Covid Delta

Australians have more sympathy for those who have been cut off from either coming home or from family than you seem to presume and I for one completely understand what those are going through as I have skin in this game. Again, it's the Fed's fault, not the states.

quote:

I’ll continue to take my medical advice from actual doctors rather than the ComStar and Morrison clownshow

Said "medical" advice was based on the presumption spread of Covid would be near zero and not based on the science the available vaccine was actually very safe. This one small outbreak has put more people in hospital than the entire AZ vaccination programme of several million doses.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-hospitalised/nsw

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 14, 2021

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

Stop it

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

You know better than to respond to a LNP forum bot

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tommunist posted:

You know better than to respond to a LNP forum bot

.......??? Sorry dont read this thread enough to know whose what so I'm presuming some sort of good faith reply is best

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

.......??? Sorry dont read this thread enough to know whose what so I'm presuming some sort of good faith reply is best

Centusin is JBP doing a bit on an alt

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Haha nice one

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Centusin posted:

On the topic of ruined plans, it's a shame 18,000 Australians had their plans to return to Australia this year ruined because Victoria, Queensland and WA made a push for the arrival cap to be slashed. Still amazes me that Australians continue to have zero sympathy for anybody that happened to be overseas at the time this began.

Also remember how this NSW outbreak started because of a guy that drove the crew from a freight plane?

Gladys you don’t have to post here nobody reads this forum

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

realbez posted:

Everyone that does is dead and/or gay.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

a. The quarantine failures are the Federal govt fault for not taking resonsibility for something that is in fact their responsibility. There has been more than enough time for a dedicated facility that could have expanded traveller caps.

b. The fact sports / business people and celebrities are allowed to come in and out while tens of thousands of ordinary Australians have to sit by and just take it isnt the fault of the states.

c. The vaccination rollout and messaging has been a disaster from rear end in a top hat to breakfast, almost all of that due to the federal sphere leaving a population almost uniquely in the world vunerable to Covid Delta

Australians have more sympathy for those who have been cut off from either coming home or from family than you seem to presume and I for one completely understand what those are going through as I have skin in this game. Again, it's the Fed's fault, not the states.

Said "medical" advice was based on the presumption spread of Covid would be near zero and not based on the science the available vaccine was actually very safe. This one small outbreak has put more people in hospital than the entire AZ vaccination programme of several million doses.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-hospitalised/nsw

Yes, and I trust ATAGI to reassess the exposure risk and issue new advice if they deem it necessary rather than going off the word of some internet shut-ins and a twice-sacked marketing executive from the shire.

It’s honestly astounding that you seem to think that following the advice of the expert body established specifically to provide this kind of advice is some kind of fringe position.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 14, 2021

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

realbez posted:

It’s not Gladys it’s osman

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s honestly astounding that you seem to think that following the advice of the expert body established specifically to provide this kind of advice is some kind of fringe position.

If ATAGI decides, upon examination of all the evidence, that I should go get AZ, I'll immediately get on the app and and book a jab.

Until then, I'll continue to take their advice over self-serving politicians and their booklicks.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yes, and I trust ATAGI to reassess the exposure risk and issue new advice if they deem it necessary rather than going off the word of some internet shut-ins and a twice-sacked marketing executive from the shire.

the bureaucracy defender has logged on

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Recoome posted:

the bureaucracy defender has logged on

ive been telling people atari sucks for years

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
AZ sucks fucken Nissan Micra rear end vaccine give me the Pferrari

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Launchpad McQuack posted:

We were sold a bunch of lies from state premiers and CMOs that this can be eliminated. The population believed it. We aren't world leaders, we are better than any country, we have had our head up our so far up our arse and now it is gonna come around to bite us in the arse. Aussie are about to get a sorely needed lesson in the facts of life. We are gonna go through this year what the rest of the world went through last year. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise.

This is a troll right? It's hard to tell because some people genuinely think they should just be able to go about their lives like normal and we'll just let the virus gently caress over a bunch of people. Bunch of sociopaths.

It's so simple to solve though. It's a game of music statues. When the music stops (more than 3 cases of community transmission are detected) everyone freezes until the music starts again (all close contacts are isolated and all casual contacts get 2 tests several days apart). The game doesn't stop until we're all vaccinated (The party pies are ready).

It's the easiest thing, and it's made even easier if the government funds it with relief payments. The economic damage is proven to be worse just letting the virus let rip.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

perepelki posted:

i asked my gp about getting vaccinated yesterday. they said they can't put me up for pfizer because i'm 30 and my immune clotting disorder is not on the official contraindications list, but in my doctor's opinion it should be on the list, and, just between us, i was under no circumstances to get astrazeneca. i asked the scary tv ad what i should do, but it offered me no answers, only the warning that soon i will suffocate and it will be my fault

Your doctor could be less of a dweeb and just give it to you in that case.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

A fatal blood clot is even more effective than Pfizer at stopping you transmitting covid-19, do it for the economy

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
WTF why ok I get why but WTF are they announcement this in a tweet 2 HOURS before starting it.

quote:

New mask rules for Victorians as outbreak grows

The Victorian government has tightened COVID-19 restrictions around face masks as the number of cases and exposure sites rise.

In a late night tweet, the government said from 11.59pm on Wednesday face mask rules would change for anyone aged 12 and above.

Face masks will be mandatory indoors, including all workplaces and secondary schools, (not at home) unless an exemption applies.

Masks must also be worn outdoors if you cannot maintain 1.5 metre distance from people who are not from your household (such as undertaking outdoor exercise).

The government said exceptions would apply and these can be found here after 11.59pm on Wednesday.

No I can't post the original tweet because no one else is either. It's not on the ABC news website yet.

So back to Masks everyone. Probably a lock down Friday which gets announced an hour beforehand.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 14, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

WTF why ok I get why but WTF are they announcement this in a tweet 2 HOURS before starting it.

No I can't post the original tweet because no one else is either. It's not on the ABC news website yet.

So back to Masks everyone. Probably a lock down Friday which gets announced an hour beforehand.

Is there anything you won’t whinge about?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You need to have a mask with you anyway so just wear it. Who cares what time it is lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Mask o'clock interferes with beer o'clock.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Comstar posted:

How many indoor public places are you going to this midnight you dumb oval office

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Comstar posted:

Because they wanna get everyone in masks ASAP? I very much doubt they're gonna be issuing fines on the stroke of midnight, they're just kicking it off right away so everyone who sees it will mask up. As Gladys has so graciously demonstrated for us, speed is critical with these things.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

How many indoor public places are you going to this midnight you dumb oval office

How many people have shift work, at least engage your brain before posting like this.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

hooman posted:

How many people have shift work, at least engage your brain before posting like this.

I mean him, specifically. Read my post properly before you reply next time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Vic libs be like

ABC posted:

But Victoria's Opposition Leader, Michael O'Brien, warned against any further lockdowns, saying the state could not afford it.

"And that's the big test for contact tracing in Victoria," Mr O'Brien said.

"If contact tracing has been fixed the way the government has promised it has been fixed, then there is no need for more restrictions and there should be no need for further lockdowns."

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Victoria surely has to do a quick lockdown for smug I-told-you-so reasons if nothing else

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard replaced because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 14, 2021

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Comstar posted:

I was going to see my sonn runn around choosing a birthday present in a toy store for the first time this weekend. Get my wife a nice present. Get my lawn mower fixed. See my family inn on place for the first time inn a few months.

Get my keyboard fixed because some of the keys are not workinng correctly. First world problems I knnow.

See that all next week or next month after the 5 day lockdow announnced that's going to be today.

I was hoping to see you stop posting

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Tommunist posted:

I was hoping to see you stop posting

I have had both my jabs, so that's less likely than you would hope.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Comstar posted:

I have had both my jabs, so that's less likely than you would hope.

If your keyboard keeps getting worse it might still happen

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ShoeFly posted:

If your keyboard keeps getting worse it might still happen

It'll hit a crescendo of even more panicked posting before it does though.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Victoria adds over 70 new exposure sites.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tommunist posted:

A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

Holy poo poo I know this guy.

Assuming it's the same Tom, he said some super racist poo poo to me when drunk once, lmao. What a prick.

Edit: yep, same guy.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 14, 2021