Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So did they have Alexa disappear the second after receiving a Samoan drop, like did they cleverly edit it to look like the move made her literally blink out of existence the second she hit the mat? Or was it just the usual "lights go out and when they come back up she's gone" kinda bullshit

What's truly great about it is you can imagine how you'd achieve this special effect as an eleven year old with a gigantic VHS recorder on your shoulder and you can see how billion dollar company WWE achieved the same effect and it turns out you both had the exact same idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wwe shouldn't change anything about the show at all except for introducing the guy from this sketch as the on screen head of creative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YDpvMYk5jA

this idea might be too powerful and would actually lead to a new age of wwe dominance, I fear it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol if WWE retcons the entire ThunderDome Era once live crowds are back

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Lol if WWE retcons the entire ThunderDome Era once live crowds are back
They retcon things constantly and have for years, has nothing to do with the ThunderDome era.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm talking dropping everything and doing a literal reboot (ala Bischoff and Russo with WCW) without warning

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

They are never going to mention the pandemic again

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'm talking dropping everything and doing a literal reboot (ala Bischoff and Russo with WCW) without warning
I don't think it'll be as extreme as that but they'll probably leave it out of the video packages.

WWE had the option of doing anything they wanted and even stepped up the idea of the Cinematic Match and all they actually accomplished was a Roman heel turn where he's just beating the poo poo out of the Usos constantly.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Why would they ever need to do that. The WWE Universe is conditioned to just accept all of the dumb poo poo that changes without explanation

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cena is going to have to birth himself from the womb of the fiend so he can return from the husky harris after world akin to how Ace Ventura had to evacuate his Rhino suit. Cena will also have to be born naked that's the rules, the RAW rating will start off with an all time low, but as word gets around the internet that Cena is climbing out of the Fiend's rear end naked, covered in birth and mucus under the red stage lights, over a billion people will tune into the USA Network, this begins the second Attitude Era.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cena is going to have to birth himself from the womb of the fiend so he can return from the husky harris after world akin to how Ace Ventura had to evacuate his Rhino suit. Cena will also have to be born naked that's the rules, the RAW rating will start off with an all time low, but as word gets around the internet that Cena is climbing out of the Fiend's rear end naked, covered in birth and mucus under the red stage lights, over a billion people will tune into the USA Network, this begins the second Attitude Era.

Thread title somehow

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat My Fuc posted:

lmao

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

a cyborg mug posted:

They are never going to mention the pandemic again

They'll do that, or try to rewrite history by trying to present themselves as the only company who stepped up to provide for their fans.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Somehow in the end Diesel will still end up being the worst drawing World Champion in history

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Mandy is off Raw and moved to NXT

sescoops posted:

Mandy Rose has been moved to the NXT roster full-time. Additionally, Rose is considered to no longer be a member of the RAW roster. She had been performing with Dana Brooke as a tag-team on the brand.

https://www.sescoops.com/2021/07/update-on-mandy-rose-appearing-on-nxt/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eat My Fuc posted:

Fit Slapjack into this somehow and I'll give you my full support.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Well it worked out pretty okay for Balor.

So is it some trade system of NXT goes up main roster goes to NXT?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Davros1 posted:

They'll do that, or try to rewrite history by trying to present themselves as the only company who stepped up to provide for their fans.
The latter is more what I expect, but I think they'll just quickly not mention it at all.

Which is a net improvement, the thunderdome is an improvement on the PC but they're all dystopian nightmares compared to the beautiful sunsets of daily's place.

Shinjobi posted:

Midwife dressed in nothing but jorts

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I will say though, you know that the "Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn" cosplay look that was so insanely popular for a while has finally dropped out of the cultural mainstream, now that Vince isn't having Alexa copy it any more

What led you to believe Vince knows anything about the cultural mainstream?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eat My Placenta

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

What led you to believe Vince knows anything about the cultural mainstream?

vince mcmahon loves the fantastic 4 movies. he loves the fantastic 4 movie from 2005, as well as the rise of the silver surfer and the 2015 fantastic four reboot. he is aware of the next fantastic four reboot coming sometime in the next few years as well. he always tries to talk to people about the fantastic four movies. he doesn't know about the comic books but he knows everything about each movie, and he's met some of the actors and he thinks they are really the fantastic 4four characters.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Well that's kinda lame

I will say though, you know that the "Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn" cosplay look that was so insanely popular for a while has finally dropped out of the cultural mainstream, now that Vince isn't having Alexa copy it any more

A new Suicide Squad movie comes out next month, pretty sure the cultural mainstream isn’t done with it yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good, Margot/Margot-Harley rules

Digital Jedi posted:

So is it some trade system of NXT goes up main roster goes to NXT?

Pretty one-sided if main roster's getting Toni and Shotzi in exchange for Mandy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty one-sided if main roster's getting Toni and Shotzi in exchange for Mandy
Bet you they look worse in six months on the main roster than Mandy does

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Bet you they look worse in six months on the main roster than Mandy does
You'd be a fool to take that bet. Shotzi is going to just end up in the old Ruby role and Toni Storm will be in the modern day Asuka roll of gatekeeper to the upper card

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

vince mcmahon loves the fantastic 4 movies. he loves the fantastic 4 movie from 2005, as well as the rise of the silver surfer and the 2015 fantastic four reboot. he is aware of the next fantastic four reboot coming sometime in the next few years as well. he always tries to talk to people about the fantastic four movies. he doesn't know about the comic books but he knows everything about each movie, and he's met some of the actors and he thinks they are really the fantastic 4four characters.

do you think vince ever pushed big show to do a thing gimmick

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

A new Suicide Squad movie comes out next month, pretty sure the cultural mainstream isn’t done with it yet.

And it's being directed by someone that actually knows how to make fun superhero movies this time so im optimistic

John Cena kills it in the trailers and his spinoff show is probably going to be fun too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Harley Quinn stuff was her idea.

This keeps happening.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

And it's being directed by someone that actually knows how to make fun superhero movies this time so im optimistic

John Cena kills it in the trailers and his spinoff show is probably going to be fun too

Also the surprisingly good Harley Quinn animated series got renewed for a third season.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
WWE version of Doom Patrol

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shinjobi posted:

It's right there in the name: SLAPjack. He slaps Cena's rear end on the way out.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I think John Cena and Polka Dot Man are going to steal the show in the new movie and it will surprise most people

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jeff Jarrett should challenge Slapjack to a match so it'll be Slapjack vs Slapnuts

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
polka dot man is going all the way to the pay windah

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Eat My Fuc posted:

This, but it's Alexa Fiend.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i am ready for the slapjack era

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the genesis of t-bar

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

And when everyone thinks it's over, Cena reveals that he brought some backup. Rey Mysterio fires out of the Fiend's rear end like a cannon.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Gavok posted:

And when everyone thinks it's over, Cena reveals that he brought some backup. Rey Mysterio fires out of the Fiend's rear end like a cannon.

the rear end-like structure

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ASenileAnimal posted:

the rear end-like structure

All right. There's the new thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1415559495887908870?s=20