Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i thought it was a lame joke but now i tihnk its real

lmao it got into his brain, it bothers him :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

JBP posted:

lmao it got into his pants, it bothers him :yeshaha:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

freebooter posted:

Since I apparently live "vividly" rent-free in your head feel free to refresh my memory

freebooter posted:

The reason it irked me is because there's a persistent attitude in the majority (I think) of the population, which is to start with the legal restrictions and work their way down. Whereas what the government has been encouraging people to do, and relying on "common sense" for people to do, is to begin with the basic premise of "do I need to leave home?" and work their way up, ideally hitting a ceiling of personal necessity before they hit the actual legal limit.

For example I have a friend on Facebook relieved that the organic store where he gets a specialty organic cabanossi he likes is within 5km of his home. Does he need that specific cabanossi? No, he does not. Do people need to get fresh air and exercise anywhere further than their closest park? No, they do not. Do people need to arrange to meet up with a friend, get a takeaway coffee, and then walk around the local lake together drinking and chatting? No, they do not. Just because you legally can do something doesn't mean you should.

lmao

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Bought a bottle of Veuve and a $800 toaster on my way home pip pip insecure workers it's a locky d

why the gently caress your toaster $800, is it haunted by fire ghosts or some arcane poo poo like that

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

GoldStandardConure posted:

why the gently caress your toaster $800, is it haunted by fire ghosts or some arcane poo poo like that

hes meting resin in it

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

GJ NSW

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tommunist posted:

hes meting resin in it

its for warhammer, isn't it?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

its for warhammer, isn't it?

they call him the forgelord

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

hambeet posted:

but that first teacher, has potentially spread it to a school of 2500 students and 2000 contacts at the mcg in the space of two days.

Can we have some of what you're smoking Hambeet, to get us through these lockdowns, because we all know children can't catch or spread Covid. Scumo told me so.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Dan going hard on those clowns in Canberra (who appear to be at it again)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Konomex posted:

Can we have some of what you're smoking Hambeet, to get us through these lockdowns, because we all know children can't catch or spread Covid. Scumo told me so.

well I'll have scomo tell that to the 9yo from st patricks primary murrumbeena who may have infected his class mates. he was the other case to catch it at the mcg.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibOkPx_Ej30

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

It's the time machine toaster from the Simpsons

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

theyre right tho

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Victoria going back in to lockdown

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/statement-premier-92 posted:

Which is why, on the advice of Acting Chief Health Officer, Victoria will go into lockdown tonight, meaning there are only five reasons to leave home from 11:59pm on Thursday 15 of July 2021.

That means you can only leave home to get the food and the supplies you need, for exercise for up to two hours and no more than 5kms from your home, for care or caregiving, work or education if you can’t do it from home or to get vaccinated at the nearest possible location.

These restrictions will be in place for five days.

A list of authorised work and workers is available online here – but you all know the drill.

Gladys continues to refuse to define "essential workers"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think someone asked gladys yesterday (?) why they don't get the list off victoria

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

This was in the context of Victoria recording hundreds of cases a day, and lmao that you either bookmarked it or trawled that far back through my post history

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

freebooter posted:

This was in the context of Victoria recording hundreds of cases a day, and lmao that you either bookmarked it or trawled that far back through my post history

Lol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

freebooter posted:

Sick "haha made you look at my post history" post????

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/marquelawyers/status/1415583652109373441

good country

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Pretty effective smoke bomb to throw into the room to avoid discussing the vaccine rollout or his continued efforts to avoid supporting people in lockdown as much as possible

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

what a shitshow

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Is this even true, I can't be bothered listening to Kyle Sandilands ever again but I want to know if this happened or its just a joke. A real joke, not like Scumo.

Scumo also told me that he doesn't hold a book mate, how would he know about sick kids? Probably a Leprecaun.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Heres hoping Victoria's lockdown takes the legs out of Delta and comes out of lockdown in say.. a week.
Gladys Berejiklian :negative:
Dandrews :dukedog:

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Konomex posted:

Is this even true, I can't be bothered listening to Kyle Sandilands ever again but I want to know if this happened or its just a joke. A real joke, not like Scumo.

Scumo also told me that he doesn't hold a book mate, how would he know about sick kids? Probably a Leprecaun.

Yeah this is true, they were wrapping up the interview and Scummo brings it up. it's weird.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm trying to think of anyone who would listen willingly to any combination of Morrison + Sandilands, or Jones, or Fordham and I'm coming up empty.

Good luck Victoria, fingers crossed the 5 day does the job.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Heard a rumour that the removalists were smuggling people and that's why they are being elusive with their info and why the lockdown has ben so hard and fast. It's almost certainly not true but its hilarious and kinda makes sense in that people would be willing to pay money to avoid having to isolate etc.

Stop the boats trucks!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Periphery posted:

Heard a rumour that the removalists were smuggling people and that's why they are being elusive with their info and why the lockdown has ben so hard and fast. It's almost certainly not true but its hilarious and kinda makes sense in that people would be willing to pay money to avoid having to isolate etc.

Stop the boats trucks!

hahah i heard a rumour yesterday that they were moving drugs across the border as well. the speculation mill is runnin' wild!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I heard the removalists were in the back of the truck making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

hahah i heard a rumour yesterday that they were moving drugs across the border as well. the speculation mill is runnin' wild!

How long to someone funds out how these guys are bashes/murders these poor fuckers? gently caress this country has been wound up so tight it is loving scary. We are absolutely ripe for an full authoritarian government. People are begging for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Launchpad McQuack posted:

How long to someone funds out how these guys are bashes/murders these poor fuckers? gently caress this country has been wound up so tight it is loving scary. We are absolutely ripe for an full authoritarian government. People are begging for it.

People just don't want to get the coronavirus you poo poo spitter.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

People just don't want to get the coronavirus you poo poo spitter.

Pretty sure you are just both correct.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

NPR Journalizard posted:

Pretty sure you are just both correct.

Who is begging for a full authoritarian government? Is competency authoritarian now?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Scomo's such a gently caress-up he probably poo poo in someone else's pants and is trying to get by on a technicality of not making GBS threads his own.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Silly thought:

If ScoMo did a PR photo shoot at the Engadine McDonalds, how would it be recieved?

Would it be a positive for him? Showing he can laugh at himself, and would it enhance the "man of the people daggy dad" facade he desperately wears?

Or would it be a negative for him? A blatantly tone deaf publicity stunt that would backfire as he would be laughed at, and would lose the respect, (and votes), of posh upper crust Liberal types.

Of course he would be insane to do it, and it won't happen in any conceivable universe. But it was a silly thought I had.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Launchpad McQuack posted:

You can't have a fascist government without marching in the streets, going door to door, concentrating people in cramped conditions. All of these things are bad for Covid, if anything, Covid is a communist. It forces people do things for the public good or die.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Solemn Sloth posted:

I heard the removalists were in the back of the truck making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Konomex posted:

You can't have a fascist government without marching in the streets, going door to door, concentrating people in cramped conditions. All of these things are bad for Covid, if anything, Covid is a communist. It forces people do things for the public good or die.

Also literally all of the fascist-aligned governments are the ones going full open 'er up and denialist while the more leftist ones are imposing lockdowns and restrictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't want to come in to bat for the insane conspiracy dude itt but its kind of amazing how dense some of you motherfuckers are to conflate "authoritarianism" with "fascism"

Anyway since the gbs thread is a better politics thread than the politics thread is I'm going to say I feel good about giving up smoking a fucktonne of pot to focus on my other great joy in life, sticking things up my dickhole and into my butt