Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Arcsquad12 posted:

And Campbell Lane brings his best Homeworld Narrator voice.

Huh. How about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Saw this on Discord
https://twitter.com/dearcrowns/status/1415296260764995584

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How does asshimar get in and not gabthely

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gaius Marius posted:

It's probably because the Asshimar has a very readable silhouette in MA form, the UFO shape really gets across "this thing can hover around".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Buran Blutarch managed to hold off Kamille and Quattro at once in the Asshimar, only dying once Amuro Ray got back in the game.

Meanwhile, the Gabthely is piloted by Jerid.

Case closed.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Kuvo posted:

only cowards watch wing subbed

also heres the roster for the overwatch game
https://twitter.com/WarpedEngine/status/1415579750177837063

Wait, 1/4 of the roster is GMs?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it'd be better if 1/4th of the roster was zakus

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"Overwatch clone with with a gundam paintjob" does not sound like a game that will be good, especially since that action is really visually busy and the healthbars are the only way you can really discern where the enemy robots are

On the other hand if the turn a is playable I might get it just to be able to fly around and shoot people as the moustache robot

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
holding out for the hambrabi so i can pterodactyl grab people

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Yeah it'd be better if 1/4th of the roster was zakus

Do both, make it lore-accurate.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Almost at the end of the original Gundam. Still like it but all the stuff around what a newtype is or who is or isn’t a newtype is kind of a drag. However I got a big laugh out “Are you familiar with Adolf Hitler?” and the Char song is good.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Calling it now, the Pale Rider is the Genji clone.

The decision to use the SEED version of the Dom is baffling to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean the SEED remakes are all lamer versions of UC designs but the Dom Trooper is pretty much identical so it still looks good.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean the SEED remakes are all lamer versions of UC designs but the Dom Trooper is pretty much identical so it still looks good.

This let them put in a SEED suit while avoiding the loving Freedom so it's a win in my book.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should have put the leo in instead

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Seed Dom Trooper has the cool combined beam spray gun/rocket launcher.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Freedom is a top tier design what the gently caress

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Freedom is fine, STRIKE Freedom is just too overdone.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Gundam thread, I need your sage choice advice. I'm ready to start my next Gundam series in my franchise watch/rewatch and I can't choose between ZZ Gundam or Gundam X. I haven't seen either one so I'm not sure which to go with next. I've been, mostly, alternating series that I've partially or fully watched and ones I haven't seen at all but I'm not particularly strict with it. Igloo and ZZ are the only two UC series I haven't seen at all yet but I've still got X, AGE and G-Reco to go for AU shows I haven't seen at least a few episodes of.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gonna main the GM and name myself IDEON.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Gundam thread, I need your sage choice advice. I'm ready to start my next Gundam series in my franchise watch/rewatch and I can't choose between ZZ Gundam or Gundam X. I haven't seen either one so I'm not sure which to go with next. I've been, mostly, alternating series that I've partially or fully watched and ones I haven't seen at all but I'm not particularly strict with it. Igloo and ZZ are the only two UC series I haven't seen at all yet but I've still got X, AGE and G-Reco to go for AU shows I haven't seen at least a few episodes of.

Do ZZ, it will make some things in Unicorn snap into focus.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kuvo posted:

i wonder if the weird roster is due to the devs coming up with some gameplay idea then trying to match it to an existing suit

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Isn't that quote totally unsourced?

Doesn't pass the sniff test anyway, since IBO grunt suits laugh off artillery rounds and survive getting hit with hammers that make meteors explode. GMs... don't tend to do that.

Sounds less like a quote from the writer's room, and more like someone who hates IBO trying to win versus debates.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Guessing that quote is bullshit, but drat did they drop the ball if they wanted to suggest that a GM, could take down just about anything in IBO.

We don't know how well beam sabers work in series, but the barbatos gun is a 300mm smoothbore monstrosity, and even that doesn't do poo poo if it isn't fired at short range.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Caros posted:

Guessing that quote is bullshit, but drat did they drop the ball if they wanted to suggest that a GM, could take down just about anything in IBO.

We don't know how well beam sabers work in series, but the barbatos gun is a 300mm smoothbore monstrosity, and even that doesn't do poo poo if it isn't fired at short range.

I mean, the thing says "IBO" instead of "鉄オル" or "Gの鉄血". Even if the rest of it didn't seem to exist just to win versus debates, that would make me raise an eyebrow. It's the American abbreviation for something that's supposed to be a Japanese quote, which would be unlikely in a transcript, but really likely in someone making a fake quote using google translate, especially since it would show that it "really" said what the people wanted it to say when people who don't speak Japanese just glance at it.

The basic premise is weird, too. Tech decaying is one thing, but most suits in the show are the same models from the Calamity War, when all this was new engineering. Bael is in the exact same shape it left the factory showroom, and Flauros was dug out from the middle of a fight. There was no room for them to degrade. (Also, you know. If the goal was to show PD suits as weak, giving Hashmal a giant beam cannon visible from orbit, then having Chad casually shrug it off? Kinda gives the opposite impression.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the idea that anyone could watch ibo and decide that barbatos must be incredibly fragile is sort of amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's absolutely bullshit but that pic made me chuckle anyway

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, we know what happens when the Barbatos faces off against an enemy with heavy beam weaponry.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo posted:

i wonder if the weird roster is due to the devs coming up with some gameplay idea then trying to match it to an existing suit

I don't really see how the GM fits into that though, since it's just "the Gundam, but worse"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If the Beam Spray is basically a pistol it might be McCree

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Droyer posted:

I don't really see how the GM fits into that though, since it's just "the Gundam, but worse"

Usually the major differentiation between the two in action games like this is that the Gundam's beam rifle is a big powerful chonky slow-firing marksman rifle and the GM's beam spray gun is a semi automatic pew pew gun that does much less per shot but fires like five times as fast.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Considering the Barbatos seems to be all about rushing in at the key point to gently caress you up with a Brutal Melee Weapon, it is probably going to loosely resemble Genji or Doomfist in terms of mechanical performance, which would mean its durability in the show would be de-emphasized.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah the power levels of the robots from their respective source material are absolutely going to be meaningless here. Since it's a team-based competitive FPS, until they announce cost tiers like EXVS or GBO use, it's likely that the Sazabi, Barbatos, Turn A, and the GM are all going to be balanced around the same rough powerlevel and simply have different combat roles.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 16, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The GM can evolve into the Ideon, making it the most powerful.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair we have no idea how the laminate armor would fair against minovsky based beam weaponry

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, the thing says "IBO" instead of "鉄オル" or "Gの鉄血". Even if the rest of it didn't seem to exist just to win versus debates, that would make me raise an eyebrow. It's the American abbreviation for something that's supposed to be a Japanese quote, which would be unlikely in a transcript, but really likely in someone making a fake quote using google translate, especially since it would show that it "really" said what the people wanted it to say when people who don't speak Japanese just glance at it.

Incidentally, if you actually look at it there's some other stuff that smells like bullshit in the quote as well, like the phrase (を使用して)ガンダムを殺す and the misspelling of Barbatos' name (it's ルプスレクス, not ループスレックス, but the latter is how I might write it if I only knew how it was spelled in English).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

To be fair we have no idea how the laminate armor would fair against minovsky based beam weaponry

doylist: probably the same

watsonian: hopelessly nerfed so amuro can stand a chance

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would be funny if they were weak to a gm, make it so

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone knows rock is weak to paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kanos posted:

Yeah the power levels of the robots from their respective source material are absolutely going to be meaningless here. Since it's a team-based competitive FPS, until they announce cost tiers like EXVS or GBO use, it's likely that the Sazabi, Barbatos, Turn A, and the GM are all going to be balanced around the same rough powerlevel and simply have different combat roles.

This is why I usually go with intention and feel over pure numbers, because quite often the person who writes down the numbers are have no sense of scale and poo poo. Hell, just look at the poo poo they come up with. The ZZ's high mega cannon has an output of 50 MW and its output is 1/5 of a colony laser's. The giant handheld cannon for the Full Armor ZZ and FAZZ is rated at 79.8MW. The Ex-S Gundam's smart gun is rated at 56 MW.

They're getting a bit better lately at least. The beam magnum doesn't have a rating, though they say it's as strong as 4 beam rifle shots, which either feels like a gross underestimation of how many shots an e-pac has or it's a grossly inefficient weapon. I guess the latter fits.